Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,198 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:43 AM

What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) (13324 Views)

3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / How My Step Mom Intend To Destroy My Life / Before Sex Destroy My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 03, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^LOL, what a funny reply!!!!!
may i ask:
- how do you make someone "feel the pain until she has repented"? if she didnt have any respect for your TV then why would she give a damn about anything else coming from you?!

- i am sorry to say that the silent treatment is the most childish act that anyone can do. what would that solve? and if you are paying for the food in the house then dont you think that not eating her food a waste of YOUR money therefore just like punishing your own self?!

the wifey did something wrong and therefore should pay for her negative actions right away(one way or another) not saying or doing anything worthy will just have her disrespect you even more. god forbid if you wait until she does something crazier!

You are assuming the wife does not have her own money . . .

Some women are actually wealthier than their husbands so this 'money-threat' doesn't work all the time u know!
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by babyme1(f): 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2011
I'm sure you didn't just remove the fan control and walk away. Tell us the rest of the story grin
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2011
baby.me:

I'm sure you didn't just remove the fan control and walk away. Tell us the rest of the story grin

Dont Mind these men . . .

They always cause the wahala but when they see the consequences, they start crying murder! angry angry
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Bawss1(m): 4:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
Ujujoan:

Dont Mind these men . . .

They always cause the wahala but when they see the consequences, they start crying murder! angry angry

Don't make it a man thing. Both parties - the man and woman appear to be behaving rather immaturely here.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by kokoye(m): 4:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^

You shouldnt mind Ujujoan. She is the number one Voltron when it comes to female issues.

grin
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bawss1:

Don't make it a man thing. Both parties - the man and woman appear to be behaving rather immaturely here.

But he started it . . . . . .

Tell me why a full grown man will fight over a fan installed in his own house? Even if he intends to use it for a study, does the presence of the fan stop him Na wah!

kokoye:

^^^

You shouldnt mind Ujujoan. She is the number Voltron when it comes to female issues.

grin

Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Bawss1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
Ujujoan:

But he started it . . . . . .

That sounds like the excuse 3 year olds use when they are reprimanded.  smiley
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by ifyalways(f): 6:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
Its totally unacceptable.Getting angry and loosing control totally . . .next s/he wud pick a baby and throw it at the partner in rage.

@OP,simply visit the prawn shop with her bags and shoes,replace the the smashed tv(with a bigger,better one),get ice creams and a big "i love my wife" card with the change.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by kokoye(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
^^^

she will replace the bags n shoes with ur money
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Ivynwa(f): 8:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Stotle:

@ poster! The complete story
We had a little quarel and since then we had not been taking as wife/husband. I did eat then. After some weeks, she move to other rooms whre she decide to install a fan without my knowledge and this fan has caused serious quarel/argument b4 which she packed and keep inside the room whre her sister is living. note that we have 3bedroom flat.
On dat day, I went to give our son to her for feeding and get to knw dat she has installed d fan in the room whre am planing to use for mysef as library. I told her to leave d room dat she can go and install/stay in d room with her sister if want to. But she said no and I removed the fan control. she if i destroy d fan that she will destroy the TV. I only removed d fan control frm d wall not to destroy it.
To my greatest suprise she went inside and took hammer and nag it to the TV and our Son is in the sitting room. I just tank God dat the TV was not a tube type which can kill someone. So i quickly took d TV outside mysef.
since den we have not been doing as husband/wife.

Old boy you and your wife need to sit down and settle the differences that made her want a separate room in the first place. You should have left her fan for her, she needed it for comfort and was angered that you did not consider her comfort which may be why she meddled with your Telly. You two need to curb such violence before it becomes a habit (I have seen this very volatile couple that break up their stuffs when they are quarrelling only to make back up and spend to replace them), that is not funny one bit and to think that she did that in front of a child.
Let her know that you are not going to tolerate that in your union and you yourself should man up and work towards clearing the air so that you can have peace in your home.

How long do you guys plan to carry long faces and the wait on who will eat the humble pie?    You can as well thaw the ice now and find the remedy to the problem that existed beforehand. You may need to mellow down a bit on her because you had me wondering whether you are not being too authoritative, you said that the fan has caused serious quarrel when she wanted to mount it before and when you refused she obediently packed it in her sister's room. If there were no quarrel in the first place here and your wife wanted a separate bedroom, shouldn't you oblige her her room before thinking of a library for yourself, here you prefer to have your library and asked that she put up with her sister. You may need to be giving her more consideration dearie, It is true that you are her man and she should be respecting you but her opinions matters too. She is your wife not the enemy that you two have suddenly become and are wasting sweet bonding times carrying face for each other and bickering over fans and TVs.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Outstrip(f): 10:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
How can you say you are now afraid for your life when you are the one who first tried to murder her with heat grin grin grin grin Both of you need to grow up LOL
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by kabukabu(m): 4:29am On Jun 04, 2011
Time for both of you to go for serious counseling,she breaks your TV,who knows what else,car windshield?,set your mattress on fire?push you into traffic .

Clearly she has anger management issues,not only is it costing you money to replace these things,there is absolute lack of trust and respect between you both, if she does it again kick her to the curb, life is too short for that crap.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Decryptor(m): 5:32am On Jun 04, 2011
An aggressive woman will do anything to prove a point. @OP, today, it is TV, tommorrow, it could be ur head. send her back to her father's house and give her a condition of coming back to ur house with a brand new TV and an undertaken signed by her father and her that she will not destroy any of your props or inflict bodily harm on u. Then deprive her of sex for 3 months to see if she will still abide by the undertaking.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by tpia5: 5:37am On Jun 04, 2011
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 6:22am On Jun 04, 2011
offtopic

abeg post the specs of the victim tv

plasma, lcd, led and how big?

value should give us an idea of the enormity of the offense
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 04, 2011
Stotle:

@ poster!  The complete story
We had a little quarel and since then we had not been taking as wife/husband. I did eat then. After some weeks, she move to other rooms whre she decide to install a fan without my knowledge and this fan has caused serious quarel/argument b4 which she packed and keep inside the room whre her sister is living. note that we have 3bedroom flat.
On dat day, I went to give our son to her for feeding and get to knw dat she has installed d fan in the room whre am planing to use for mysef as library. I told her to leave d room dat she can go and install/stay in d room with her sister if want to. But she said no and I removed the fan control. she if i destroy d fan that she will destroy the TV. I only removed d fan control frm d wall not to destroy it.
To my greatest suprise she went inside and took hammer and nag it to the TV and our Son is in the sitting room. I just tank God dat the TV was not a tube type which can kill someone. So i quickly took d TV outside mysef.
since den we have not been doing as husband/wife.

Funny as fork.
Marriage is a huge joke.
Don't believe in it though
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by femzy(m): 6:41am On Jun 04, 2011
oyb:

offtopic

abeg post the specs of the victim tv

plasma, lcd, led and how big?

value should give us an idea of the enormity of the offense

Even if it was a Black & White; the intent still depicts violence.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by OAM4J: 6:53am On Jun 04, 2011
Let her replace it at all cost.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Sike(m): 6:58am On Jun 04, 2011
I luv it wen a post get hilarious, hahaha grin
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 04, 2011
So women are capable of such violence and abuse against their husbands? I never knew oh. Maybe we can't call it abuse until she runs out of 'things' to break and decides to test the efficacy of the hammer on her weak husband's head. But even then that would not be considered physical abuse; it would merely be seen as a 'provoked' woman's justifiable reaction to her (late) husband's provocation.

Whoever put this topic on the front page deserves to be asphyxiated. "He 'provoked' his wife and she smashed his TV". You (not so) cleverly insinuated that her action was justified by the supposed provocation. But on the other hand if a husband slaps his nagging, verbally abusive wife after much aggravation, you and your fellow dolts would yell that a man should NEVER get violent "no matter what" the woman does. Yeye people.

1 Like

Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by MMM2(m): 7:35am On Jun 04, 2011
yes supported since she can break ur BLACK and WHITE television,

she can also kill u.

So send her out of ur house and out of ur life.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 04, 2011
Yes, i think it is time to chase out the ladies out of our lives, just last year, i got a slap from my girlfriend sad, i managed to bear it, and again,
yesterday night, she hit my head with a Notebook, i got shockwaves all over me cos i did not expect that, just cos i told her she should stop making an excuse of being tired after cooking and was watching Tele instead of reading her books 

Am still angry till now as am typing, am going to kick her white backside out, am tired of all this assaults on  me alone
undecided
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by Salawuoladipupo: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2011
Our wife are our halves. Teach your wife the words of God the reasons to be submissive to their husband. Divorce is not the solution.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by sley4life(m): 8:09am On Jun 04, 2011
abeg send her packing. She fit muder u 4 nyt while sleeping
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by tEsLim(m): 8:17am On Jun 04, 2011
First question wetin you do to the woman? You shayo come house? Cheat on ham? Tell ham say Genevieve for inside TV fine pass ham? They argue which channel to watch? I can't judge till I hear full story oh! If na the woman self come forum she will say her own part in a way we would be likely to support her without knowing the truth.

What did you do my brother? And TV na small thing you can send me you account number or home address I send you small 21" inch in visitors bedroom make you dey manage for now. You can't send a woman out because of TV. Thats very cheap and material. Not like she gave our your ML to his ale (boyfriend) or you saw a man on her cheesy and can proof it. What should men like us do na? We don see african woman magic well well oh. Endurance , just endure till you kids her 18yrs and divorce cheesy , No man should be married to a woman when kids are above 18. You should be single and enjoy life
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by anishe(m): 8:27am On Jun 04, 2011
Bleep her die. by then, she will learn her lesson. may 7 rounds will do. Dont listen to her if she's crying ooooo. just to teach her a lesson.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by snowdrops(m): 8:31am On Jun 04, 2011
today na your tv she break tomorrow e fit be your head.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by ypad: 8:57am On Jun 04, 2011
This is certainly bad. It's wrong for any woman to destroyed property just because she was provoked. It dose not tell well of the person.
Poster you have every right to send her packing but that is not a grantee that the next woman will be a saint. If i was you, I 'll take the matter to her family and send her home for three month and also involve your pastor and tell him of your decision.

When she finally comes back engage her in church activity, I believe she 'll change for good.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by adconline(m): 9:16am On Jun 04, 2011
See the most women here are giving her a soft landing! If it were a guy, the responses would have been different.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by MrKelly: 9:23am On Jun 04, 2011
There are always two sides of a story. We've heared your but it doesn't sound convincing. You both need to go for counselling. The fact that she begged shows that she regrets her action and deserves to be pardoned. Sending her away is not an option especially when there is a child involved. It seem to me that you are eying someon else otherwise I don't see a reason why you shoul contemplate sendin your wife out over an issue which can be amicably resolved.
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by sirp2007: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2011
my brother FORGIVE HER,AND FORGET, GO AND RECONCILE WITH HER.D TRUTH IS THT FORGIVENESS COMES FROM THE STRONG.its only weakling tht seeks revenge.dont send her packing,dont report her to anybody she is ur wife and nt a public officer, dont ask her 2 pay cos d 2 of u are now one, time will definately heal tis wound but if u try 2 revenge the wound will become bigger.
Just imagine if we were punish for all d wrong we hv done to pple,l dont thnk any of us will be alive.Dont try 2 justify who was wrong or right just draw her close and forget d whole episode.if u hv d money go and buy one.if u re a xtain read proverbs 16 vs 32,pro 20 vs 3,pro 20 vs 22,pro 14 vs 17,pro 14 vs 29
pls once more l say forgive and forget she is your wife,
Re: What Should I Do If My Wife Destroy My Property (tv) by N101: 10:30am On Jun 04, 2011
@ Stotle - There are always two sides to every story.  Sounds like both  you and your wife are immature and deserve each other.  It's all good to get self-righteous about your TV, but removing any part of the fan was the thing that provoked her.  Man  up and take responsibility.

From the time your wife started sleeping in another room you should be trying to resolve this, not demanding she leaves the room so you could use it as a library. I don't believe this is one-sided - you sound as much of the problem as she is.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Raising Kids Who Do Not Beg / Woman Kills Neighbour Over Bench / If Your Newlywed Husband is Impotent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.