Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:01 PM

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) (557 Views)

If I Had My Way I Would Bring Back Our Old Anthem - Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Hafsat Abiola Knelt Down While Thanking Bola Tinubu (Throwback Video) / Tribunal Dismisses Corruption Charges Against Tinubu (Throwback) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by PrinceOfLagos: 10:00am On Oct 18, 2021
A former Lagos State governor and All progressives Congress, APC chieftain, Bola Tinubu, is under fire over an old newspaper comment in which he said ‘I don’t believe in one Nigeria’.

DAILY NIGERIAN observed that Mr Tinubu who is believed to be eyeing the number one position in the country come 2023, made the statement in the April 13, 1997 edition of ThisDay newspaper.

On Wednesday, the social media users wondered how an individual who does not believe in one Nigeria would want to be its president.

A twitter user @RealThunderClap, wrote: “TINUBU doesn’t believe in ONE NIGERIA, but wants to be her president.
“Look, I could rest a long time, knowing the denigrates called leaders in Nigeria are hustlers with no ideology, philosophy, vision nor value… Just bread of the day and who’s serving it. PATHETIC!”

Another user, @farooqkperogi, also criticized Nigerian politicians for being “shamelessly situational patriots”.

He tweeted: “Nigerian politicians are shamelessly situational “patriots.” They’re irredentists when they’re outside the orbit of power and exaggerated “patriots” when they have access to the public till. A man who didn’t believe in Nigeria when he didn’t have his way now wants to lead it. Ha!”

Another user, @SodiqTade, also said: “Today, I remember how the likes of Lai, Tinubu, Bakare packaged Buhari in a suit that year. After the election, some Nigerians mocked those who voted GEJ that they were never part of the process that ushered in CHANGE. Today, we are all buying a bag of rice N20k+, and Ptrl N150+.”

“April 13, 1997 Tinubu maintained he didn’t believe in one Nigeria but then after he looted Lagos State from 1999 till today he has been singing the song of one Nigeria to the detriment of all Oduduwas. -Simon Ekpa In Biafra Lies The Hope -Changing The Narrative Of Yesterday,” another user, @DavidOl57450723, also tweeted.

However, another user, @Oyeleke4, defended Mr Tinubu, saying that the comment was made when the APC leader went on exile after being threatened by the then military Head of State, General Sani Abacha.

He said: “The man ran out of the country when his life was threatened. That statement was made at the right time. He went on exile and Nigeria was actually crashing then in the hands of the military dictator. So expect such a statement and to me it’s justified.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailynigerian.com/tinubu-under-fire-over-i-dont-believe-in-one-nigeria-comment/%3famp=1

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by PrinceOfLagos: 10:01am On Oct 18, 2021
Tinubu will divide Nigeria if he becomes president
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by CYBERSOLDIERSre: 10:16am On Oct 18, 2021
Tinubu has repented.
Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by PrinceOfLagos: 10:17am On Oct 18, 2021
CYBERSOLDIERSre:
Tinubu has repented.

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by Davash222(m): 10:22am On Oct 18, 2021
CYBERSOLDIERSre:
Tinubu has repented.
Criminals and repentance shouldn't be in one sentence.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by PrinceOfLagos: 10:23am On Oct 18, 2021
Davash222:

Criminals and repentance shouldn't be in one sentence.

Re: 'I Don't Believe In One Nigeria; Says Tinubu (throwback) by Moferere: 10:40am On Oct 18, 2021
Illiterate Peoples of Biafra will develop unnecessary high blood pressure because of Tinubu

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Father Alia About To Eat The Unlawful Bread. / Nnamdi Kanu: Justice Binta B Nyako Sets To Recuse Herself from / I'm Beginning To Like Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.