Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? (47847 Views)

Igbo Soups All Nigerian Tribes Enjoy / Which Of These Soups Is Best With Akpu? / Have You Tried Egusi Stew With White Rice? Yes There Is Egusi Stew For Rice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by BlackyOne: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Wow! Good to know. cheesy.

I smell ambush, and I hereby reduce my cooking skills to -97% cheesy cool
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackyOne:

I smell ambush, and I hereby reduce my cooking skills to -97% cheesy cool

Still good! tongue
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by BlackyOne: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Still good! tongue

Lol... grin

Pidgin: I say if I cook for you ehnn na alabukun and toilet go be your best friend ooo
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by uyogabie(f): 6:58pm On Oct 30, 2021
All
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackyOne:

Lol... grin

Pidgin: I say if I cook for you ehnn na alabukun and toilet go be your best friend ooo

Who wan eat man food before? So so salt. tongue
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by 3gpvids: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
delpee:

: grin grin
Google about the health benefits. It's taken in other parts of the world, not just Yorubaland.
Thank you o...i cannot fit can
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AgricMaster: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:
How many of the soups in the picture below have you tried/tasted?

I have tried six of them:
Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

All except
Miya kuka

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
[s]
EraseTheDot:

White soup belongs to Efik/Ibibios, ibos cooked a borrowed version.
Vegetable soups ain't ibo's forte. Oha soup is a watery soup with some sprinkle of scent leaves. Bitter leaf soup is a general delicacy.

-erase the dot
[/s]
trash

your hate for Igbos always makes you to talk off point

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
[s]
EraseTheDot:

After i jam one babe from that axis, i threw away all ibo soups. ibo soups are borrowed soups.

-erase the dot
[/s]
sorry igbos don't do Tinubu urchins

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AchalugoNwa(f): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
[s]
EraseTheDot:
Honestly, ibos don't really have soups, they borrowed their cuisines from Akwa ibom & Calabar. Asides, Egusi & Ogbona, nothing else.

-erase the dot
[/s]
yarabaz only have gbegiri soup
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Galaxydon1(m): 7:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oha soup should be on the list
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by freeman67: 7:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I have tried/tasted all and more... benesid soup, okoho soup, groundnut soup and ogbono soup are not there,

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by lookingfly: 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
oga okoho soup no de there.....you never eat soup be that!
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Suspect33(m): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
Afriqan:

Do Igbos own them instead? They are native to every tribe in the South, so we can claim them, not stopping u from claiming as well.
what gave you the impression that I am igbo... Y'all can't seem to keep the name of these people out of your mouth, making me to think y'all either envy them, feel threatened by them or maybe both

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by realtalk19: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
All except miyan kuka
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Suspect33:
what gave you the impression that I am igbo... Y'all can't seem to keep the name of these people out of your mouth, making me to think y'all either envy them, feel threatened by them or maybe both
Naah on the contrary I love Igbos, but the tribalism they perpetrate nowadays towards Yoruba is uncalled for. So let your conscience judge you.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Suspect33(m): 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
Afriqan:
Naah on the contrary I love Igbos, but the tribalism they perpetrate nowadays towards Yoruba is uncalled for. So let your conscience judge you.
Tribalism is a national problem and not peculiar to a particular tribe, I faced more tribal discrimination when I was in Lagos than I've faced in my 3 years in the south East

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Monday60655(m): 7:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
I am a judge or court to try the said soups? What offence did the said soups committed?

"I come in peace".
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2021
Suspect33:
Tribalism is a national problem and not peculiar to a particular tribe, I faced more tribal discrimination when I was in Lagos than I've faced in my 3 years in the south East

If Lagos is tribalistic, then it's really not from Yorubas. I know what I mean but that's for another time.

One love bro.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Hakeem3(m): 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I have tried almost all except that Miyan kuka.. any soup from the north could cause a big disaster to my small and large intestine �

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Suspect33(m): 8:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Afriqan:

If Lagos is tribalistic, then it's really not from Yorubas. I know what I mean but that's for another time.

One love bro.
Thanks bro
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by BlackyOne: 8:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Mercychen:

Who wan eat man food before? So so salt. tongue

Lol... Where do you reside

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by iamclime(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2021
All, except Miyan kuka. Should try that next time I hit Arewaland
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by AFRICANJAMAICA: 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

See why Igbo people are a Nation.

You're comparing a single tribe, with a company of large tribes.

Ahn Ahn. And they only gave them 5 states.

Gowon you don't have sense sha

You will still die na nobody filled with hatred for the igbos.
Your kids ,will be paupers, cos of your hate

Ok bye
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Munzy14(m): 8:40pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Igbo?

Let Nairalanders help us settle this, which tribe has the best soups of all tribes in Nigeria?

Like for Igbo (South-East)
Share for South-South (Ijaw & others...)
Of course Igbo will win na.. grin

Quite a lot of soup in South- east that goes according to dialects sef.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by pastillon: 8:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
Gerald454:

Am from Anioma in a place called delta state. I still can't put the difference between the igbos in delta state with those across the Niger. Please, our history never stated in 1914 or 1960. Stop comparing south south with south east. We are same people. Same culture and same food. What he could have said is that igbos tribes have more soup than any tribe in Nigeria. Not south south and south east. because we in Anioma have more in common with the igbos in Anambra than some one from Benin or sapele.

Nice one my brother.

Well said.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
okoroemeka:
Bros pls I beg,the eye eats first before the mouth and that ewedu soup looks like an algae covered pond that a crocodile is waiting to leap out from.

Chimooo cry
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by SKhanmi: 9:18pm On Oct 30, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:

You're wasting your time explaining all these unnecessary stuff to him. If the fountain of youth exists in the Yoruba land, his hatred will never allow him have a taste of it.
You should be able to tell apart bigotry by now na

Me? Just replying him in a sarcastic way jare. I recognize his monicker. Pure cruise.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Blessiing(f): 9:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri

I can cook all and have also eaten all of them, i actually like trying out new soups and things too.
Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
iamyemiakins:

Okra
Ewedu
Ogbono
Egusi
Ẹ̀fọ́ rírò
Gbegiri
All except Miyan luka
Ofe nsala by far the best!

1 Like

Re: How Many Of These Soups Have You Tried? by Bamzyriches451: 9:59pm On Oct 30, 2021
thatigboman1:
gbegiri is sweet o, especially if kwara yoruba and nupe people prepare it.
So you're suggesting I should try and taste it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"Safou" Is The Correct Name Of This Nigerian Pear / See The Nsala (White) Soup That Will Make You Keep Asking For More (Photos,Video / Please, Teach Me How To Make Toast Bread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.