Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,725 members, 7,879,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) (72891 Views)

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2011
dayokanu:

How can you call a player who was already a star before joining you your youth product?

So if Arsenal bought Pele at the age of 17 when he was already a FIFA star he would be called an Arsenal youth?

How can you call a player who was already average before joining an Arsenal youth?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2011
dayokanu:

My point is if you buy a player who has already shown promise in a FIFA, UEFA competition.

E.g Waidi was the star at the UEFA or FIFA U17,  and was a Bolton youth, after the tournament Wigan buys him and 3 yrs later he became a star which Youth team should he be credited to?

I would say both, drawing from the secondary school analogy, if yu change school between JSS and SSS, what secondary school would yu claim to have attended? the one on yur JSS certificate (if there is such a thing) or the one on your SSCE certificate? mind you its important as well to keep in mind that Cesc actually came to Barcelona aged 13, does the amateur club he played for till then not also deserve to be credited with his development?

dayokanu:

Also Owusu Abeyie is different from fabregas

Owusu Abeyie has achieved nothing at Ajax as a 16yr old, Fabregas while playing for Barca youth team has been Highest goal scorer and Player of the tournament at a FIFA tournament.

Would you now combine the two in the same bag,

Owusu has not played a game for Ajax senior team same with Fabregas Thats where the similarity ends.

One was a Youth star at a FIFA tournament and known worldwide one an unknown player who people had doubts about, Wenger bought him to turn into a world beater and we see the result right now.

Oh, so shining in FIFA U17 youth competitions is now indicative of a coming of age with no further development to be made and is as well an assurance of future success abi? pray what happened to Opabunmi, Chrisantus Mcauley, Pongolle and Le Tallec who all got awards at that level? why aren't they wanted at elite clubs like Barcelona if they were already made because they won awards at U17 level? why are Pongolle and Le Tallec considered failures of the Liverpool youth system? undecided

ritchboy:

How can you call a player who was already average before joining an Arsenal youth?
Succintly put, oya DK answer. grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 5:52pm On Aug 04, 2011
^^ Pongolle and LeTallec wont be products of the Liverpool Youth System More of Le havre

ritchboy:

The motive for grooming players is to become stars. One is already a star so what work are you doing on him.

Fab was already a star. Le tallec and Pongolle flopped at Liverpool they were Le havre youth players

What work are you doing by putting an already baked bread in an oven vs when you put dough in the oven?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
dayokanu:

^^ Pongolle and LeTallec wont be products of the Liverpool Youth System More of Le havre

The motive for grooming players is to become stars. One is already a star so what work are you doing on him.

Fab was already a star. Le tallec and Pongolle flopped at Liverpool they were Le havre youth players

What work are you doing by putting an already baked bread in an oven vs when you put dough in the oven?

but he still needed one season in the academy before he could play for the senior team of arsenal.
in cesc's case, he is 70% barcelona, 30% arsenal.

le tallec and pongolle got the same education/football tutorial fabregas got, they just failed to take the advantage of the education whilst cesc grabbed his. mr. dayokanu, some perspective please! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 04, 2011
dayokanu:

See your mouth like star. Can you compare Cesc of 2003 to Cesc of today? Star ko Gulder ni!

I can also say Owusu was already a dud.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:58pm On Aug 04, 2011
DK is a dimwit of epic proportions.

If Cesc was a 'star' by virtue of his age-grade success, then Sinama-Pongolle was a similar 'star' yet he flopped.

In DK's warped and degraded head, any young player that succeeds at Arsenal was a star before he joined, but those that failed were not stars before they joined. grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:04pm On Aug 04, 2011
debosky:

If Cesc was a 'star' by virtue of his age-grade success, then Sinama-Pongolle was a similar 'star' yet he flopped.

In DK's warped and degraded head, any young player that succeeds at Arsenal was a star before he joined, but those that failed were not stars before they joined. grin

dk learnt from you.
both of you can be twunts sometimes for reasons best known to satan! grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dyabman(m): 1:54am On Aug 05, 2011
neymar as at 18 or 19 to me is already a star! what else you wanna develop in him, how to dribble?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 4:34am On Aug 05, 2011
debosky:

You are a demented orangotang.

Pongolle was a star and he flopped, Who says Stars dont flop? Zlatan at Barca, Denilson at Betis, Shevchenko at Chelsea etc were stars that flopped.

I give you players like Cashley, Wilshere, Sczezny are your youth players but not Cesc who was already the star of a FIFA tournament.

Someone who was already a star at a FIFA/UEFA tournament cant be credited to you.

Before Toni Kroos went U17 in 2007 he was already known in most circles in Europe.

If Lukaku had joined Chelsea last season, Would he be considered a Chelsea youth product?

Same with pato/Milan,
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by KayDee4: 8:11am On Aug 05, 2011

Poor little Fabregas

Even after contributing €3m towards his own transfer fee, Barcelona still couldn't make it up. Where is that loud mouthed Mayor of Catalonia ?? abi him no go donate.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 10:42am On Aug 05, 2011
dayokanu:

You are a demented orangotang.

Pongolle was a star and he flopped, Who says Stars dont flop? Zlatan at Barca, Denilson at Betis, Shevchenko at Chelsea etc were stars that flopped.

Glad to see you’ve recognised your patent foolishness. A few seconds ago you attempted to make a false distinction by calling Pongolle a ‘youth player’ and Fabregas a ‘star’.

I give you players like Cashley, Wilshere, Sczezny are your youth players but not Cesc who was already the star of a FIFA tournament.

Someone who was already a star at a FIFA/UEFA tournament cant be credited to you.

This is rank idiocy - so if a player was a ‘star’ at an U-12 football event, he can’t be credited to a club he joined after that event? cheesy

What exactly are you even crediting to a club? Do clubs give birth to players or help them turn their inborn potential into delivery on the pitch?

Cesc had shown glimpses of talent before joining Arsenal, but at the same time, so do all players chosen to join our academy.

As the case of Pongolle clearly shows, there is a lot of work involved in turning that talent, even at 16/17 into consistent, top-level delivery in your 20s. Without a doubt, Arsenal can stake a big claim to developing Fab4 into what he is today, by taking the raw u1-7 talent and turning that into the most productive central midfielder in Europe over the past 5 years.

Before Toni Kroos went U17 in 2007 he was already known in most circles in Europe.

Even some 8 year olds are known in circles in Europe because of their precocious talents. Does that mean they won’t need a club to develop them?

If Lukaku had joined Chelsea last season, Would he be considered a Chelsea youth product?

Lukaku is a regular first team player who has consistently played at the top level in Belgium. That is completely different from a Fab4 who was still in the youth team (not even reserves) when he joined Arsenal.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 11:15am On Aug 05, 2011
I just knew we would get Udinese. Not sure that is what I would have opted for. Italian teams and defending, the types of clubs that can defend 1 - 0 leads.

debosky:

Lukaku is a regular first team player who has consistently played at the top level in Belgium. That is completely different from a Fab4 who was still in the youth team (not even reserves) when he joined Arsenal.

Lukaku is 18 and a full Belgian International, fully developed by Anderlecht no contest. DK needs some detox. Who's got a supply of chinese tea?  grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:18am On Aug 05, 2011
Good draw I think. . . .the team to avoid was Rubin Kazan given their remarkable victory over Dynamo Kiev and the long trip that would have involved.

With the first leg at the Emirates, we should aim to batter them at home and make the second leg a formality.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by duduspace(m): 11:23am On Aug 05, 2011
I didn't even wait to see who Bayern got sef, Rubin Kazan would be a good test for them. Damn they got FC Zurich.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:24am On Aug 05, 2011
debosky:

Good draw I think. . . .the team to avoid was Rubin Kazan given their remarkable victory over Dynamo Kiev and the long trip that would have involved.

With the first leg at the Emirates, we should aim to batter them at home and make the second leg a formality.

good draw? i don't think so.
udinese are tough. although arsenal should be lucky barcelona bought alexi sanchez early - so you won't be facing him but they still have the goal-hungry antonio di natale. udinese might knock arsenal out.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 11:34am On Aug 05, 2011
coogar:

good draw? i don't think so.
udinese are tough. although arsenal should be lucky barcelona bought alexi sanchez early - so you won't be facing him but they still have the goal-hungry antonio di natale. udinese might knock arsenal out.

I am not too concerned - we have a good record against Italian sides that supports my view. Besides, we also have the goal-hungry Gervinho - he's gonna launch his CL career in style against the Italians.

Besides, apart from Sanchez, they've also lost Inler and Zapata. . . .the current Udinese team is way off what it was when they came 4th.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
Rubin Kazan would have been dicey. Udinese have lost three of their best players but i've always feared that Di Natale boy.

One way or the other dem go still chop am!

P.S. Wenger is a f00l for bottling the top-3.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by folahann(m): 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2011
Udinese? Fingers crossed.
Waiting to see the full assesment of the team against Benfica
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Jencejyde(m): 4:21pm On Aug 05, 2011
what time is the game pls?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On Aug 05, 2011
Shame we couldnt get Arsenal.

debosky:

Glad to see you’ve recognised your patent foolishness. A few seconds ago you attempted to make a false distinction by calling Pongolle a ‘youth player’ and Fabregas a ‘star’.

You are blind in life and after life. Kindly show me where I called or insinuated Pongolle was a Liverpool youth. Pongolle is a star that flopped.

This is rank idiocy - so if a player was a ‘star’ at an U-12 football event, he can’t be credited to a club he joined after that event? cheesy

What exactly are you even crediting to a club? Do clubs give birth to players or help them turn their inborn potential into delivery on the pitch?

Is there a FIFA U12 tournament? Your writing goes to show how demented you are getting by the day.

Cesc had shown glimpses of talent before joining Arsenal, but at the same time, so do all players chosen to join our academy.
As the case of Pongolle clearly shows, there is a lot of work involved in turning that talent, even at 16/17 into consistent, top-level delivery in your 20s. Without a doubt, Arsenal can stake a big claim to developing Fab4 into what he is today, by taking the raw u1-7 talent and turning that into the most productive central midfielder in Europe over the past 5 years.

Now the bolded is a confirmation of you dementia

Even some 8 year olds are known in circles in Europe because of their precocious talents. Does that mean they won’t need a club to develop them?

Can you name any 8yr old who was the best player in a FIFA organised tournament?

Fab was still playing at youth team level because of the abundance of marquee players in the Barca first team, as at 2003, he was ready for first team football.

Lukaku played for Anderlecht even when he was 16, Do you think a Lukaku at barcelona wouldnt still be in the youth team?
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 4:26pm On Aug 05, 2011
ritchboy:

Rubin Kazan would have been dicey. Udinese have lost three of their best players but i've always feared that Di Natale boy.

One way or the other dem go still chop am!

P.S. [size=18pt]Wenger is a f00l for bottling the top-3[/size].

No surprises there
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 4:42pm On Aug 05, 2011
This "youth" talk is redundant.

dayokanu:

Bayern and Arsenal were seeded.

Arsenal can stake a big claim to developing Fab4 into what he is today, by taking the raw u1-7 talent and turning that into the most productive central midfielder in Europe over the past 5 years.

Statistically Lampard should be the "most productive". Overall performance most people would say Xavi. Stats + performance then maybe Cesc.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 4:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
Debo should be ashamed that "ORDINARY" ritchboy would be correcting you in footballing matters.

I agree that Debo's brain has seen better days
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by Roland17(m): 5:10pm On Aug 05, 2011
Debo u fall hand, did u expect Arsenal to play Bayern? kaiii this is the goof of the month. i tot u were smart enough to know the teams were seeded!!!
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2011
ritchboy:

Statistically Lampard should be the "most productive". Overall performance most people would say Xavi. Stats + performance then maybe Cesc.

Productive in this usage refers to assists - Cesc exceeds Lamps in that area.

dayokanu:

Debo should be ashamed that "ORDINARY" ritchboy would be correcting you in footballing matters.

Instead of asking for what I meant by productive, you daftly piggybacked on hellboy. . . .what else do you expect from butt munchers? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by ritchboy(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2011
dayokanu:

Coming from the mugu that wanted Bayern to draw Arsenal. . . Do you also expect Barcelona and Man Utd in the same group in UCL? cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by dayokanu(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2011
Every football analyst knew Bayern and Arsenal can not be draw together as shown by this statement

dayokanu:

But Gayyner being eternally reetarded folks who cant even locate their arse with their 2 hands cant even understand the logic
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by kcjazz(m): 7:16pm On Aug 05, 2011
How many matches are AW and Van Persie banned for? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by KayDee4: 8:08pm On Aug 05, 2011
kcjazz:

How many matches are AW and Van Persie banned for? undecided

For one game.
Is Nasri still an Arsenal player He's also banned.

I think we'll comfortably beat Udinese; Rubin Kazan wld have been a bigger threat.
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by debosky(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2011
Do you feel like you don't recognise your beloved club so far in pre-season? Well I have some good news for you:

Koscielny injured, may not make the start of the season, meaning we'll probably see JD and Verms tomorrow.

Wilshere and Walcott injured, one of them is likely to miss the start of the season.

Nasri 'muscular injury', may not make the start of the season (if he stays) and Cesc will miss the start of the season even if he stays.

It's so reassuring to know it's the same ol' Arsenal. . . .I was already worrying about our shocking lack of injuries. grin

Also reassuring, we aren't close to any new signings, something 'might' happen next week - so says perennial tease Wenger, while boldly declaring his 'love' for Fabregas. cheesy cheesy

I don't think I ever heard Fergie say 'I love Scholes' but then again, we know that Frenchies are far more expressive than grumpy Scotsmen. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by proudly9ja(m): 11:39pm On Aug 05, 2011
^^^^
Even in the well, it is well grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fans Thread (for Arsenal Fans) by coogar: 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
debosky:

Do you feel like you don't recognise your beloved club so far in pre-season? Well I have some good news for you:

Koscielny injured, may not make the start of the season, meaning we'll probably see JD and Verms tomorrow.

Wilshere and Walcott injured, one of them is likely to miss the start of the season.

Nasri 'muscular injury', may not make the start of the season (if he stays) and Cesc will miss the start of the season even if he stays.

It's so reassuring to know it's the same ol' Arsenal. . . .I was already worrying about our shocking lack of injuries. grin

Also reassuring, we aren't close to any new signings, something 'might' happen next week - so says perennial tease Wenger, while boldly declaring his 'love' for Fabregas. cheesy cheesy

I don't think I ever heard Fergie say 'I love Scholes' but then again, we know that Frenchies are far more expressive than grumpy Scotsmen. cheesy cheesy

arsenal to finish 5th then.
the excuses are beginning to trickle even before the ball is kicked.
gaynners, wenger, arsenal. . . . . . .bunch of pathetic lots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (100)

UEFA Super Cup: Real Madrid Vs Manchester United (2 - 1) On 8th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Liverpool (2 - 4) On 13th May 2021 / Chelsea Vs Villarreal: UEFA Super Cup - 6 - 5 On Penalties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.