Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,522 members, 7,895,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 01:21 AM

Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? (7717 Views)

Masters In Telecoms Or IT / Solar Engineering Or Telecoms Engineering / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Zzyy(m): 4:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
TechCapon:
grin

Congrats on the new jobs. I don't understand why you people like disturbing people on this forum to help you select jobs. Choose the one you want and let us rest.

Lofty even u grin grin
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by newoffer: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Jobs are fading away due to cost of living.
Ocholu:
OP let me be real with you;

How can you tell us not to bash you? What if my advice comes unknowingly in form of bashing?

Modify your post to make room for peace loving Nairalanders to comment healthily on your post.

Shalom.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by iNEEDFavor(m): 4:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
Are you interested in buying a Facebook account.

I want to sell my facebook account. I need money to buy food. I am very hungry, the last time I ate was yesterday afternoon. My bank account is empty.

Please contact me on Whatsapp via 081 55 74 69 11
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by otunbateejay(m): 4:37pm On Oct 29, 2021
Don't be greedy give us the connection let another person work there the 2 job are d same thing and it depend on how u do it
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by ehinmowo: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,
I currently work with one of the telecoms companies in Nigeria on a contract job; the pay is 60k (720k per annum). However, aside my salary, I do one or two things on the job that gives me like 10 k every week.

Approximately I earn about 100 k every month. I started this job started early this year.
While on this job, I got connected for a new job with an indigenous oil company on a full time basis and was surprised the pay is 1.2m per annum, though I truthfully expected more. For this new job am to leave my comfort zone in south western Nigeria for the south south.

I currently run my masters degree, meaning I will have to defer my admission. I'm also very much always needed in Church

Note my current job is without leave and it's contract based. But the new one is full time and am entitled to 5 weeks leave yearly.

Please serious advice needed. No bashing of any sort

The new job is a rat race. At that amount, you might end up struggling to pay your rent or after paying your rent, your account eould be wiped. Besides your Masters gives you great opportunity to upskill. Besides whichkind yeye oil company dey pay 1.2m?
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by KingShayDee(m): 5:11pm On Oct 29, 2021
Cost of living in the south south is cheap bro compared to west.

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Just 108,000 monthly in this new one and 60,000 in your present job( making additional 10kweekly..) that means the two jobs are of the same salary as it is now

Ogbeni to be sincere....the two jobs are useless....

Both salary can not sustain you...

Cost of living in the south south is damnnn high
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by TechCapon(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2021
Zzyy:

Lofty even u grin grin
na true o
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by ehix89(m): 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
AmericanDad:
U earn what I recieve as intrest monthly in my Money Market Fund acct
someone elsewhere earns you monthly income put together as interest of his investment, Be humble bro
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 29, 2021
ehix89:
someone elsewhere earns you monthly income put together as interest of his investment, Be humble bro

F*ck off

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by VeeInsider: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2021
goodluckman:

Boss I get more ooh
Strong written and oral communication.
Organization and attention to detail.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Time management.
Systems analysis.
Mathematical and deductive reasoning.
Critical thinking.
Active learning.

Hard skills nko
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by goodluckman: 6:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
VeeInsider:

Hard skills nko
Higher national diploma
Ican student
Computer skills.
Microsoft Office skills.
Analytical skills.
Marketing skills.
Presentation skills.
Management skills.
Project management skills.

1 Like

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Kfg1: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
None
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by ehix89(m): 6:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
AmericanDad:

F*ck off
Motherfvcker
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by femi4: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,
I currently work with one of the telecoms companies in Nigeria on a contract job; the pay is 60k (720k per annum). However, aside my salary, I do one or two things on the job that gives me like 10 k every week.

Approximately I earn about 100 k every month. I started this job started early this year.
While on this job, I got connected for a new job with an indigenous oil company on a full time basis and was surprised the pay is 1.2m per annum, though I truthfully expected more. For this new job am to leave my comfort zone in south western Nigeria for the south south.

I currently run my masters degree, meaning I will have to defer my admission. I'm also very much always needed in Church

Note my current job is without leave and it's contract based. But the new one is full time and am entitled to 5 weeks leave yearly.

If you die, the church will continue. You can ask TB Joshua.

Job security is key in achieving your goals in life.

About your masters, you can start part time master programs
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Throwback: 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2021
Penguin2:

Look at your reasons, ‘comfort’, ‘church’, are you sure you want to make it in life?

You could be laid off anytime from your contract job. I hope the church will feed and pay your rent.

Plus you haven’t started the new job. They could be some allowances that you are not aware of yet. They would be promotions.

They could be some deal you would also be doing to get some side money.

Honestly, I’m surprised that you confused.

God will answer some people’s prayers and they will say they are confused.

AdeniyiAr9, listen to this guy.

On another matter I will advise otherwise, but on this matter he has said it all.

1 Like

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Nochiriemmanuel: 10:24pm On Oct 29, 2021
jlomz:

The Indigenous Oil Company, what value chain does it fall under?
Is it Oil servicing, Production, EPC, etc, which one in particular?
Groundnut oil grin
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Just 108,000 monthly in this new one and 60,000 in your present job( making additional 10kweekly..) that means the two jobs are of the same salary as it is now

Ogbeni to be sincere....the two jobs are useless....

Both salary can not sustain you...

Cost of living in the south south is damnnn high
You make sense sometimes, but your arrogance when it comes to what people earn annoys me. I deliberately created this new account cos some persons know me on this platform.
Grow up man. And respect people for what they earn
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
verybadmouth:
Bro what do you do that gives you 10k weekly? Abeg share with me.
What I do is legit bro. I don't cheat for a living. I work hard
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:30pm On Oct 29, 2021
Penguin2:

Look at your reasons, ‘comfort’, ‘church’, are you sure you want to make it in life?

You could be laid off anytime from your contract job. I hope the church will feed and pay your rent.

Plus you haven’t started the new job. They could be some allowances that you are not aware of yet. They would be promotions.

They could be some deal you would also be doing to get some side money.

Honestly, I’m surprised that you confused.

God will answer some people’s prayers and they will say they are confused.
God bless you. I respect you for the blunt truth.
My Church stuff isn't my doing. I was once an atheist for your info. So what I do in church is a divine assignment that will definitely continue in my new location.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2021
scantee:
Telecom company paying you 60k? I doubt is Telecom company, maybe just a partner..
Yes bro. Sebi na my job. Dey there. Like I said,it's contract based. You cannot can understand �
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by AdeniyiAr9: 10:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Sanchez01:

First off, understand you are a contractor with the telecoms company and they don't handle your affairs when it comes to salaries amongst other things. Definitely, you are missing out on staff incentives and privileges. Unfortunately, contracted staff don't really stand a chance at becoming full time staff within the telecoms industry save you have bosses who like you and personally recommend you. Regardless, don't think of that happening anytime soon as there are those who have been on the waiting list for over a decade.

We are always needed in church and with or without you, the church will do just fine. As a matter of fact, you will be looked down on by the church if you are not sound financially.

At 1.2m annually, I would suggest you take this as it is quite better compared to telecoms. I once worked in the sector and felt nothing but pity for contract staff. You don't stand a chance here. My only concern is having to defer your Masters. Other than that, SWITCH ASAP!

Thanks
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by verybadmouth(m): 10:48pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:

What I do is legit bro. I don't cheat for a living. I work hard
What exactly bro.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
goodluckman:

Boss I get more ooh
Strong written and oral communication.
Organization and attention to detail.
Analytical and problem solving skills.
Time management.
Systems analysis.
Mathematical and deductive reasoning.
Critical thinking.
Active learning.

Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by Penguin2: 11:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:

God bless you. I respect you for the blunt truth.
My Church stuff isn't my doing. I was once an atheist for your info. So what I do in church is a divine assignment that will definitely continue in my new location.

Excellent.

There will always be a church wherever u go.
Re: Contract Telecoms Or Full Time Elsewhere? by ElectronicMoney(m): 10:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
AdeniyiAr9:
Good morning house,

Stay with your current job

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Salary Scale: How Much Does Sterling Bank Pay Their Staff? / Army, Navy,airforce,nia,npf,sss,customs,ndlea Which Has A Better Career Growth? / Bayelsa Primary School Teachers Strike Indefinitely Over 9 Months unpaid Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.