Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,175 members, 7,880,665 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:34 AM

Finally I'm Free from religion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Finally I'm Free from religion (3051 Views)

Independence Day: Have You Been Free From Religion? / Breaking Free From Masturbation / Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 8:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

Lols. I don't study science through the lens of your Bible or religion, but through nature.

Thus, I'm anti-Christian science.

Lol!

See I already know you are incapable of holding critical discussions for long without diversionary tactics.
I am simply dropping this here just for the records.

First of all you failed at backing up with your scientific claims with any evidence.

Secondly you failed to defend your worldview without leaning on science.

Thirdly you don’t understand why you are an atheist or an agnostic. You keep talking about why you are a physicist even when Christians are also physicists. We agreed that if a Christian could study physics and still be a Christian, then physics isn’t responsible for your godlessness.
I asked you to tell me specifically your conclusions for godlessness, you have been beating around science aimlessly for hours on end.

Fourthly I asked for a scientific text or law that had anything to say about God or the supernatural, you couldn’t respond.

Additionally I gave you a list of pure and applied scientists with Christian worldview, you fraudulently turned it into Christian Science issue. I was actually marveled at how you could do that and still retain the honour of a science student.

Next to that, you brought up bogus claims about science , history and philosophy. I asked whether you knew that philosophy is the bedrock of religion and even Christianity. You gave nebulous answers.

I was beginning to believe you do not really understand what you wanted to talk about.
You are way out of your depth here.

Go and sin no more. I will leave you to your folly. Lol
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 8:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So we who are called men do not exist here on nairaland simply because we do not sleep, eat etc here?

Explains a lot

Now Attacking the man (Ad hominem) because you can not validly argue.
You've not given me a reasonable answer to my question.

You're the first person that claims he lives or exists on this site. You mean you've no life outside of Nairaland?

Is everything okay with you?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 8:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

[s]Lol!

See I already know you are incapable of holding critical discussions for long without diversionary tactics.

First of all you failed at backing up with your scientific claims with any evidence.

Thirdly you don’t understand why you are an atheist or an agnostic. You keep talking about why you are a physicist even when Christians are also physicists. We agreed that if a Christian could study physics and still be a Christian, then physics isn’t responsible for your godlessness.
I asked you to tell me specifically your conclusions for godlessness, you have been beating around science aimlessly for hours on end.

Fourthly I asked for a scientific text or law that had anything to say about God or the supernatural, you couldn’t respond.

Additionally I gave you a list of pure and applied scientists with Christian worldview, you fraudulently turned it into Christian Science issue. I was actually marveled at how you could do that and still retain the honour of a science student.

Next to that, you brought up bogus claims about science , history and philosophy. I asked whether you knew that philosophy is the bedrock of religion and even Christianity. You gave nebulous answers.

I was beginning to believe you do not really understand what you wanted to talk about.

Go and sin no more. I will leave you to your folly. Lol[/s]
This is a long post with no atom of sense.

I already told you it's science that informs my agnostic position, being a physicist.

Being enlightened on many life's issues is one of the biggest benefits of being science-savvy.

So far, you've not been able to provide scientific evidence that your god exists.

Also, you keep bringing up the issue of the adherents of Christian Science.

It's stale already.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Dtruthspeaker: 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

You've not given me a reasonable answer to my question.

How can I give you an answer when you do not exist?

Surely, I would look mad, since I would be talking to the air and nothingness!
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

How can I give you an answer when you do not exist?

Surely, I would look mad, since I am talking to the air!

Lols. Happy living on Nairaland!

Let me look for a real human to engage, not a programmed bot that exists on Nairaland as a religious zombie.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Dtruthspeaker: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

Lols. Happy living on Nairaland!

Let me look for a real human to engage, not a programmed bot that exists on Nairaland as a religious zombie.

See contradiction!

You said "you do not exist".

Yet, who does not exist is looking for a real human being who exists to engage you, who does not exist.

Thereby proving that nonexistent things can talk with existing things as you are doing,

Yet you say you are looking for scientific evidence of God's Existence, meanwhile you yourself PROVE WHAT HE MIGHT HAVE DONE Wow!

What a great Fall Humpty! grin
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by A001: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

See contradiction!

You said "you do not exist".

Yet, who does not exist is looking for a real human being who exists to engage you, who does not exist.

So nonexistent things can talk with existing things as you are doing, Yet you say you are looking for scientific evidence of God's Existence, meanwhile you are doing the very same thing. Wow!
Even your fellow Christians would be laughing at your stupidity.

Real humans don't exist or live on a website since it's not a real place.

Only threads, posts, members' accounts (not the members themselves), and other sections of the site exist on Nairaland.

Real humans live in a house, which is a real place.

You're talking like a mentally ill person.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:25pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

The pictures and your talk about science and technology are laughable. Is science another name for atheism or skepticism or godlessness?

Is it possible for you to defend your worldview without hiding behind science and technology?

Are you aware that the surgery would have had theists or Christians among them? What does that tell you about your post and claims ?

I think the point of that picture is that, man has to correct the mistakes of the so called 'perfect creator'. In the past, that boy would have been condemned to his own fate.
Also, if the surgery was carried out by a theist, the theist definitely didn't use prayers and faith. Rather, he just put to work the knowledge he and other folks have gathered through out the years.
It's not about atheism, it just shows how useless beliefs and gods are.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by sonmvayina(m): 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
This just popped up on my time line on Facebook..

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

I think the point of that picture is that, man has to correct the mistakes of the so called 'perfect creator'. In the past, that boy would have been condemned to his own fate.
Also, if the surgery was carried out by a theist, the theist definitely didn't use prayers and faith. Rather, he just put to work the knowledge he and other folks have gathered through out the years.
It's not about atheism, it just shows how useless beliefs and gods are.

Is atheism synonyms for medicine or science?
Is science done by atheists and agnostics alone?

If there is any single Christian who is a sound scientist or surgeon, then medicine or science isn’t responsible for the claims you make. Else the Christian surgeon or scientist would have become godless.

So your points are rubbished and self defeating and dead on arrival.

Did the Christian scientist ever claim he goes to the lab or theater with prayers and faith? There is a place for prayer and faith. When all Guam efforts fail, humans look to the divine for supernatural intervention. God cannot do for you what he had given you ability to take care of care. That is what is written in Genesis 1.

I also do not think you have gone round to sample opinions from all doctors who would testify of supernatural interventions in their cases where they had given up hope on their patients . Those are real.

Can you defend your worldview without leaning on science?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_in_science_and_technology

Those dug deeper but didn’t think Christianity was superstitious.

Rather they understood that science was part of the tools humans would use to investigate and TRY TO USE TO UNDERSTAND NATURE.
They know science is limited to NATURE. They know there is SUPER-NATURAL beyond science and naturalistic methodology.

Please stop lying

Funny guy.
What does science have to say about talking donkeys and snakes? cheesy
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Is atheism synonyms for medicine or science?
Is science done by atheists and agnostics alone?

If there is any single Christian who is a sound scientist or surgeon, then medicine or science isn’t responsible for the claims you make. Else the Christian surgeon or scientist would have become godless.

So your points are rubbished and self defeating and dead on arrival.

Can you defend your worldview without leaning on science?

Lol, naso una dey take fail exam.
The point is simple.
You claim to know a god who makes no mistakes and whose creation is perfect, yet humans have to find ways to solve multiple errors found in the human body after birth.
Na you know why you dey shout atheism up and down. cheesy
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, naso una dey take fail exam.
The point is simple.
You claim to know a god who makes no mistakes and whose creation is perfect, yet humans have to find ways to solve multiple errors found in the human body after birth.
Na you know why you dey shout atheism up and down. cheesy

You have started these childish style you used last week. Did you bother to read up the flow of conversations? Stop fooling yourself. Go back , read and then contribute intelligently.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Funny guy.
What does science have to say about talking donkeys and snakes? cheesy

Boring and cliched. I told you this last week. You have come again. You should be ashamed of yourself by now over this.

Can you just follow the conversation and say whether atheism or agnosticism is synonymous with science?

Can you follow the discussion and say what science texts or laws said about God or supernatural phenomena including your favorite miracles?

Can you follow the discussion and say why anyone would think studying physics in school made him a godless fellow? Physics that everyone studied and even made more Christians marvel at God’s awesome laws in nature?

Do you have empirical responses for those?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

You have started these childish style you used last week. Did you bother to read up the flow of conversations? Stop fooling yourself. Go back , read and then contribute intelligently.

Lol, calm down and reason small. cheesy
The guy simply posted a picture and didn't say anything about atheism or agnosticism.
The picture has a straight forward message. But since atheism dey hook your throat like fish bone, you had to bring it in. Funny guy.
Like I said, the message in that picture is straightforward. cheesy
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

The guy simply posted a picture, and didn't say anything about atheism or agnosticism.
The picture has a straightened message. But since atheism dey hook your throat like fish bone, you had to bring it in. Funny guy.

If you read the conversation I would know.
Stop lying.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

If you read the conversation I would know.
Stop lying.

If you paid attention to the picture he posted you wouldn't be arguing blindly with him.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

The guy simply posted a picture and didn't say anything about atheism or agnosticism.
The picture has a straight forward message. But since atheism dey hook your throat like fish bone, you had to bring it in. Funny guy.

Part of what we talked abt. You can respond

Lol!

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

If you paid attention to the picture he posted you wouldn't be arguing blindly with him.

Go and read and come back
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by sonmvayina(m): 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
A001:

Even your fellow Christians would be laughing at your stupidity.

Real humans don't exist or live on a website since it's not a real place.

Only threads, posts, members' accounts (not the members themselves), and other sections of the site exist on Nairaland.

Real humans live in a house, which is a real place.

You're talking like a mentally ill person.

Dtruthspeaker. Dem don dey use you wipe ground again...

See a psychiatrist.. I will pay for it...send me the bill.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol!

It’s okay. Grand standing.
You really have nothing to say .
Science and godlessness aren’t synonymous words.
Keep living in delusion
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Boring and cliched. I told you this last week. You have come again. You should be ashamed of yourself by now over this.

Can you just follow the conversation and say whether atheism or agnosticism is synonymous with science?

Can you follow the discussion and say what science texts or laws said about God or supernatural phenomena including your favorite miracles?

Can you follow the discussion and say why anyone would think studying physics in school made him a godless fellow? Physics that everyone studied and even made more Christians marvel at God’s awesome laws in nature?

Do you have empirical responses for those?

Yeah, that's why he told you that only those who choose not to free themselves remain in their chains. You're a physics student but you believe somebody used a stick to divide the fvckin sea. grin it's funny.
That why I asked you to tell us what science says about such stories.
Just say you believe blindly and we'll understand, lol.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!

It’s okay. Grand standing.
You really have nothing to say .
Science and godlessness aren’t synonymous words.
Keep living in delusion
From my observations, you're the only one who brought that argument up.
"perfect god who makes perfect creations has his mistakes corrected by man."
That's what that guy's post was talking about.
Anyways, the bolded makes a good headline tho. grin

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Yeah, that's why he told you that only those who choose not to free themselves remain in their chains. You're a physics student but you believe somebody used a stick to divide the fvckin sea. grin it's funny.
That why I asked you to tell us what science says about such stories.
Just say you believe blindly and we'll understand, lol.

Still waiting for scientific texts and laws that said anything about God.

I wonder how you chaps just come up with senseless arguments most times. Who drags divinity into science? Are you okay?
Tomorrow you will claim you are a sound scientist. Do you know what category error is?

Na waooo.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by sonmvayina(m): 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
God created us and gave humanity his laws to live by . The basic purpose was for us to live in peace with ourselves and nature.
God created us and endowed us with the ability and capacity to make choices. This has not changed. Whether 1 Jesus died or 10000 jesuses died, it has not changed we still need God laws to guide us.
Infact the first and second Commandment forbids us from worshipping anything...

Thanks to the Greeks and romans, they created a god in their image and likeness to deceive people. And turned humanity to rebelling against their creator..

Come out of the idolatry called Christianity.. it is an abomination against God..

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Part of what we talked abt. You can respond

Lol!

Lol, seems like you don miss road because I don't remember saying any of this or making any claims. Calm down bro.
Chill and digest information little by little. cheesy
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

From my observations, you're the only one who brought that argument up.
That's what that guy's post was talking about.
Anyways, the bolded makes a good headline tho. grin

So you finally decided to stop lying.
Good one. Go back to where you picked this from, quote the initial conversations, then make your arguments.
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, seems like you don miss road because I don't remember saying any of this or making any claims. Calm down bro.
Chill and digest information little by little. cheesy

In your ecstasy you always fail to read.
I said something at the top which in a bid to type another gibberish, you left it to type your preformed responses.

The joke is on you actually
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

Still waiting for scientific texts and laws that said anything about God.

I wonder how you chaps just come up with senseless arguments most times. Who drags divinity into science? Are you okay?
Tomorrow you will claim you are a sound scientist. Do you know what category error is?

Na waooo.

Lol, the question is, why is a physics student thinking that one can use a stick to divide the sea? That's the point here.
Science doesn't have to say anything about any god, same way it can't say anything about the flying spaghetti monster.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, the question is, why is a physics student thinking that one can use a stick to divide the sea? That's the point here.
Science doesn't have to say anything about any god same with it can't say anything about the flying spaghetti monster.

Last time I schooled you on how to stay focused on discussions. If you like spaghetti, go read it up or meet spaghetti worshippers.

If science said nothing about God or the supernatural, why do you lie against science by claiming science made you godless?
Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by kingxsamz(m): 10:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Nothingserious:

So you finally decided to stop lying.
Good one. Go back to where you picked this from, quote the initial conversations, then make your arguments.

Even if you want to act ignorant, your inner mind will tell you the truth. grin
The post says absolutely nothing about atheism.

1 Like

Re: Finally I'm Free from religion by Nothingserious: 10:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
kingxsamz:

Even if you want to act ignorant, your inner mind will tell you the truth. grin
The post says absolutely nothing about atheism.

Pathetic!
If only you listen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

When a Pastor Uses 'Gods Money' For a Life of Luxury / Has Anyone Read The Entire Bible - Genesis To Revelation? / Something Wrong With Benny Hinn's Official Facebook Account

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.