Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,965 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:05 AM

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) (43598 Views)

Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by pickatyoubackup: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
RIP pretty girl.
If only she knew.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by isax(m): 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
pool manager, can't swim? what is he managing there the swimming fees and spits and sperms in the pool? which kind wahala be this gaan
Naija just like names (pool manager), there is supposed to be a steady lifeguard there once people dey wey wan swim...

The hotel should be sued

2 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by mema900: 11:46am On Nov 02, 2021
So they have hotel in taraba state....they even swim there....wonders shall never end

3 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Cokahot: 11:47am On Nov 02, 2021
Slay queen. If only she stayed home and flexed, won't she be alive. I feel no pity for slay queens.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by vickydevoka(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2021
brightisodje:
the bar man should have given her long stick than leaving her there for over 30min embarassed I feel bad about this Rip to her I just hate buhari and it useless follows that man is a looter terrorist.
Some people no just get sense walahi
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Antoeni(m): 11:47am On Nov 02, 2021
The Hotel Management should be Sued .
Simple

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by 001spice: 11:48am On Nov 02, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A 26-year-old woman identified as Clara Jacob, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Jalingo, Taraba State, Reports.

An eyewitness who Notified On Facebook, Said that Clara and her friends were swimming at the hotel swimming pool on Saturday, October 30, when they noticed she was missing.

"We were at the pool this evening swimming when we noticed that she was struggling in the deep end of the pool. We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. We were just there trying frantically to get someone who could help to no avail. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out," the witness narrated.

The elder brother to the late Clara, Mr Jacob Joseph, who confirmed the sad incident to , said that the body has been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo to be deposited at the morgue.

The terribly shaken Joseph said he was surprised that a hotel maintains a swimming pool with a pool manager that cannot swim, who watched as a young woman died helplessly.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744469795847348&id=100008530634123
for 30mint yet nobody could figure out what to do. It was a swimming pool why can't someone thing of dropping something like ladder for her
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by SilvanusII(m): 11:49am On Nov 02, 2021
A life guard IS the important requirement. That a manager must know how to swim is a stupid reason rooted in entitlement

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Champneys: 11:49am On Nov 02, 2021
Yepaaaaaaa! shocked
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by larryking540: 11:51am On Nov 02, 2021
this is what happens when u learn how to swim on YouTube ,and the next day u practice it

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2021
brightisodje:
the bar man should have given her long stick than leaving her there for over 30min embarassed I feel bad about this Rip to her I just hate buhari and it useless follows that man is a looter terrorist.

even though is not really preventive measures but long long stick could have saved her

it is well! my water phobia continues with all this sad testimonies
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by fredosan(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2021
so sad, but they should sue such an hotel where people go to swim without life guard
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 02, 2021
God forbid I experience this, but how do people really die in pools? Do they dive and bump their heads or play rough play and get held under the water because that one is manslaughter,or they just want to die and keep walking into the deep end? Or ....... So many questions. But RIP baby girl.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by mmadu5(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2021
They hotel should be sued .stupid set of people running a swimming pool business with no safety measures around . Even a floater could have saved her

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by ThugBoy(m): 11:55am On Nov 02, 2021
Don't allow your friends forced you to the pool, if you know you don't know how to swim.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Osashalom: 11:55am On Nov 02, 2021
Employment in Nigeria is always by connection. How does someone who doesn't know how to swim became a pool manager?
In this country called Nigeria, the qualified are jobless while the connected but clueless about the job are employed.

2 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Silentmoni(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2021
paulolee:
not too good in swimming n na so I take de fear anything called water except wen I wan use am for personal use..
broke up with a bea after being with her for 5 months bcox she pushed me into d pool even after I warned all my friends dt I cnt swim n I dnt do beach or pool party..
I struggled for my life while dey were all laughing asif its joke till my elder bro came in n helped me out..
I drank alot of pool water dt day, was drenched n furious...she apologized when she saw my anger, i shouted at her, broke up with her n pushed her into d pool n left d scene......
lol..
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by KingDash: 11:56am On Nov 02, 2021
69Ansour69:
RIP ma'am
Buh Omo, those facebook comments for the picture nor be for here o grin
lwkmd..

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Sergio101(m): 11:59am On Nov 02, 2021
paulolee:
not too good in swimming n na so I take de fear anything called water except wen I wan use am for personal use..
broke up with a bea after being with her for 5 months bcox she pushed me into d pool even after I warned all my friends dt I cnt swim n I dnt do beach or pool party..
I struggled for my life while dey were all laughing asif its joke till my elder bro came in n helped me out..
I drank alot of pool water dt day, was drenched n furious...she apologized when she saw my anger, i shouted at her, broke up with her n pushed her into d pool n left d scene......

lolzzzz
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Elliot2(m): 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Swimming is one life skill every parent must teach their kids, and start from when they are very young. As an ijaw man, water is like another land for me where I freely enjoy nature through swimming, so I feel very bad when people drown in water in an avoidable circumstances. Just in a week you can become expert in swimming if you are dedicated. It is not difficult to learn. About a few months ago, I taught a mature man how to swim , and he learnt very fast and was able to pass his swimming test and got the job and now he is in Escravos. Please, everyone should endeavor to learn how to swim. It could save your life and others, and in some cases, give you that dream job.

4 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by stonemasonn: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Rest in peace Clara
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Angelfrost(m): 12:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Person no Sabi swim, yet you still carry yourself dey attend pool or waterside parties...

Isn't it just common sense to at least get basic swimming lessons first?!!... Na wa o!!!

2 Likes

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Dfynboi: 12:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A 26-year-old woman identified as Clara Jacob, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Jalingo, Taraba State, Reports.

An eyewitness who Notified On Facebook, Said that Clara and her friends were swimming at the hotel swimming pool on Saturday, October 30, when they noticed she was missing.

"We were at the pool this evening swimming when we noticed that she was struggling in the deep end of the pool. We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. We were just there trying frantically to get someone who could help to no avail. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out," the witness narrated.

The elder brother to the late Clara, Mr Jacob Joseph, who confirmed the sad incident to , said that the body has been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo to be deposited at the morgue.

The terribly shaken Joseph said he was surprised that a hotel maintains a swimming pool with a pool manager that cannot swim, who watched as a young woman died helplessly.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744469795847348&id=100008530634123
killed by what she termed probably"enjoyment",God protect us all
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by kingxsamz(m): 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
ZhanVeera:
Wow,
The pool manager doesn't know how to swim?? Fine

You her friends were watching your so called friend drown for almost 30 minutes? Fine

An inflatable swimming ring should always be used by learners
A staff who knows how to swim should be employed asap

Too many death
Rip clara cry

Lol, do you expect her friends to jump in and risk drowning too?

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Zainabthegirl1(f): 12:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Aww! May her soul Rest In Peace
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Pharaohny: 12:16pm On Nov 02, 2021
This kind story they make me sad cry cry cry cry
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by meobizy(f): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na wa, o. All they needed was an on-site life guard. Such simple safety measure would have changed situations for the better. Her family should sue the hotel for such negligence.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by streetzdreamz(m): 12:18pm On Nov 02, 2021
This shit is just a sad cycle that keeps repeating itself. If government sectors are on a nosedive, should the private sector follow same path? Lost a friend to this same pool death earlier this year, hers was even still preventable because they noticed early but help didn't come her way, his was the opposite. No one noticed he wasn't coming up for air till it was too late. Basic preventive measures keep sending people to their untimely death. Rip to the dead.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by ableguy(m): 12:21pm On Nov 02, 2021
Effects of doing things wey pass you, so sad.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by kullozone(m): 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
I blame her friends angry
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Eberex(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Wahala for who no Sabi swim wey go decide to try him luck and save her. The person too will end up drowning too.
Rip

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase Your Libido With This Drink! / I Don't Last Long In Bed, What Can I Do? / How To Locally Cure Pimples In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.