Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,213 members, 7,880,784 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:47 AM

26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) (43595 Views)

Teenage Boy Drowns In Ogun Hotel Swimming Pool On Christmas Day / DELSU Final Year Law Student Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool 2 Weeks To Graduation / Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by dammyco(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
[Oquote author=paulolee post=107252717]not too good in swimming n na so I take de fear anything called water except wen I wan use am for personal use..
broke up with a bea after being with her for 5 months bcox she pushed me into d pool even after I warned all my friends dt I cnt swim n I dnt do beach or pool party..
I struggled for my life while dey were all laughing asif its joke till my elder bro came in n helped me out..
I drank alot of pool water dt day, was drenched n furious...she apologized when she saw my anger, i shouted at her, broke up with her n pushed her into d pool n left d scene......[/quote]
I know sey you no push her into the water as said by you. Come to think of it; that girl na witch oooooo

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Eberex(m): 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2021
Come and earn money online by doing tasks daily. Dm me

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by bizzibodi(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
So taraba hotel even has a swimming pool in their hotel?I see.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
May her soul rest in peace.

It's so important for black people to know how to swim.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Georgejeez: 1:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
Elliot2:
Swimming is one life skill every parent must teach their kids, and start from when they are very young. As an ijaw man, water is like another land for me where I freely enjoy nature through swimming, so I feel very bad when people drown in water in an avoidable circumstances. Just in a week you can become expert in swimming if you are dedicated. It is not difficult to learn. About a few months ago, I taught a mature man how to swim , and he learnt very fast and was able to pass his swimming test and got the job and now he is in Escravos. Please, everyone should endeavor to learn how to swim. It could save your life and others, and in some cases, give you that dream job.
I had a friend , a full blown ijaw and itsekiri guy , he taught others how to swim , he drowned and died last year in a swimming pool (shallow section).
So no too rake abi you never hear say even divers deh Lego for water?
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by chally100(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2021
Thats why no matter the peer pressure, i no dey carry play near swimming pool

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by snoopz: 1:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
that manager should be arrested for operating a pool with no life guard

her village people later answer her call as nobody fit swim or nothing dey to pull her
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 02, 2021
May have been murdered and dumped in pool to cover up. Does hotel have security cameras?
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by deherdsman: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2021
paulolee:

more photos of d crowd watching her drown or photos of her drowning? no let me swear for u o..
just imagine the nonsense
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by ajl: 2:28pm On Nov 02, 2021
ZhanVeera:
Wow,
The pool manager doesn't know how to swim?? Fine

You her friends were watching your so called friend drown for almost 30 minutes? Fine

An inflatable swimming ring should always be used by learners
A staff who knows how to swim should be employed asap

Too many death
Rip clara cry

I always blame government when things like thus happen because they do not put guidelines in place that hotels should follow with respect to risk of people drowning in hotel swimming pool. Without guidelines, hotel owners will do as they please. For example, look at the issue of container trucks. What has the government done about it inspite of multiple incidents of fatalities. It's OYO in Nigeria.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Gkemz: 3:17pm On Nov 02, 2021
Any voice that tells you to swim when you don't know how to swim is a voice that wants to destroy you.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by stamapro(m): 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A 26-year-old woman identified as Clara Jacob, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Jalingo, Taraba State, Reports.

An eyewitness who Notified On Facebook, Said that Clara and her friends were swimming at the hotel swimming pool on Saturday, October 30, when they noticed she was missing.

"We were at the pool this evening swimming when we noticed that she was struggling in the deep end of the pool. We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. We were just there trying frantically to get someone who could help to no avail. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out," the witness narrated.

The elder brother to the late Clara, Mr Jacob Joseph, who confirmed the sad incident to , said that the body has been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo to be deposited at the morgue.

The terribly shaken Joseph said he was surprised that a hotel maintains a swimming pool with a pool manager that cannot swim, who watched as a young woman died helplessly.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744469795847348&id=100008530634123

This a terrible stain on the hotel management, customers take note. An inspection team should screen the hotel standard, before the also watch customers die without first aid kits. Nonsense and ingredient
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by ifeolamide00(m): 4:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
The hotel should be locked..how can a pool manager not know how to swim? Thats inhumanely to do
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Kyf1: 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2021
Really
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by muheeb01(m): 5:50pm On Nov 02, 2021
I fear pool and large water more than anything....Rip to her
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by FORWARDEVERLY: 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
Pool manager don't know how to swim. But why is he there. Is it to take record and account on how people drown per day shocked
But I am surprised that her friends who were still swimming in that pool and saw what's going on can't go and help her out. It shameful that all they did is just to raise alarm and call the useless pool manager in that situation

Knowing how to swim and being able to rescue a drowning fellow is a bit different..
How many lousy naija girls knows how to swim properly let alone have the strength and skills to rescue another fellow..
I laugh when feminist wannabes shout Equality.. men and women don't have same ability and can never be equal..

1 Like

Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by Hakeem3(m): 6:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
MrCover:
Update From . COM

A 26-year-old woman identified as Clara Jacob, has drowned in a hotel swimming pool in Jalingo, Taraba State, Reports.

An eyewitness who Notified On Facebook, Said that Clara and her friends were swimming at the hotel swimming pool on Saturday, October 30, when they noticed she was missing.

"We were at the pool this evening swimming when we noticed that she was struggling in the deep end of the pool. We immediately called the pool manager that someone was drowning but he said he does not know how to swim. We were just there trying frantically to get someone who could help to no avail. She was in the water for over thirty minutes before her lifeless body was eventually dragged out," the witness narrated.

The elder brother to the late Clara, Mr Jacob Joseph, who confirmed the sad incident to , said that the body has been taken to the Federal Medical Centre, Jalingo to be deposited at the morgue.

The terribly shaken Joseph said he was surprised that a hotel maintains a swimming pool with a pool manager that cannot swim, who watched as a young woman died helplessly.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744469795847348&id=100008530634123

This was so avoidable.. for good 30minutes no rescue? Somthing fishy goin down.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by VicM6: 10:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Na person wey chop belleful dey go swim..mtcheew.
Re: 26-Year-Old Woman Drowns In Hotel Swimming Pool In Taraba (Graphic) by samwash(m): 5:35am On Nov 06, 2021
To kwn how to swim & to rescue a drowning person is a different skill entirely.
I have seen a very good swinmmer abt to get drown resueing a drowning person.
If we are in a country that things work, by now that hostel will have been seal up & heavy sanstions slam on the hotel management for negligence.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Increase Your Libido With This Drink! / I Don't Last Long In Bed, What Can I Do? / How To Locally Cure Pimples In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.