Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,887 members, 7,872,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:10 AM

How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (51845 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by tunize(m): 2:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
prekumohtim:

He used different electricity cable shock me from all side o. Because that 3k that's what I spend to work/week.
I pay #600 daily
Reason I said he is enjoying Nigeria my t.p everyday when leaving the house na 800 bucks. From the food angle that 3k food na like two days package depends on the kind food self oooh. Things are so expensive women really dey try with management oh and kudos to the o.p him dey try too

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Adeoye11(m): 2:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
The tread should have been" how I spend 3k weekly in the North" and stop generalizing the price of commodity.

Though thanks for giving me timetable for food...

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Don27tiky(m): 2:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rightmindset:
I don't think you are in Nigeria. Check very well. May be your geographical location is unknown to you.
rice is sold for #550 at karshi market Abuja. That’s where we go to buy our food stuffs. Nigerians are just wicked, some will go there buy for that amount and sell for #900 and we say Buhari has spoil Nigeria. That potatoes is not even worth #50 in benue state

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Krismas(m): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2021
grin OP nor dey use transportation? U go market buy stuffs, no keke fare to and fro? In a week u nor dey bike?

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by AloneTK: 2:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

I admire you for being realistic.
And it's no doubt that Purchasing Power differs.
But in all, being commonsensical as to funds within one's control is the key.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Codeye(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Why you Cook all this with BUHARI free Cooking Gas or What?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by YourFavorite21(m): 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
Me as a student sef, 5k no dey even do me reach 1week sef grin South East is very expensive to live in, especially Anambra state, it seems like you are living in Benue state or some other northern state, where things are quite cheaper. grin
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Obiwank: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is amazing and sad at the same time.

You also automatically win in my weekly giveaway - please go to my thread and drop your account details.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by dominic17: 2:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Do you eat only once per day?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Don27tiky(m): 2:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
Adamdau:

You are not saying the truth please. 600/8=75. I quote you again, there's no where you can buy a cup of rice at N75 in Nigeria today.
in karshi Abuja rice is sold for #550 on market days. Adikpo in benue state there are rice you buy for #400. That potatoes he bought is not worth #50 there. Buhari regime really favors the people there cos the are now getting a value from farming

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by TheOnlyUyai(f): 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
I don't envy you.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by AloneTK: 2:57pm On Nov 04, 2021
tunize:

My brother!
We all desire good things, but when we cannot meet those desires, we make do with what is available.
And please, do remember he acknowledged that despite his situation, he's still better than some folks out there.

Our stories are different.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by codesport(m): 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Adamdau:

You are not saying the truth please. 600/8=75. I quote you again, there's no where you can buy a cup of rice at N75 in Nigeria today.
In as much as I don't want to glorify poverty.....what the op said is nothing but the truth the rice will not just be oh God rice but stone free and long grains here in Lafia Nasarawa State at #600 per mudu @ (8cups per mudu). Thanks
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by macrodata(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mariangeles:
Of all the important things to buy, why would you buy a packet of maggi? eh nnaa?cheesy

As someone who's brother works with Nestle... I'm deeply pained by your words! What is wrong with buying a drum, eh

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by tunize(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
AloneTK:

My brother!
We all desire good things, but when we cannot meet those desires, we make do with what is available.
And please, do remember he acknowledged that despite his situation, he's still better than some folks out there.

Our stories are different.
Yeah reason I said kudos to him for been able to manage. I was only amazed with the things he bought with 2950 because, I can't get those things for that amount because things are so expensive food and transport.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by okoroemeka(m): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Adamdau:

I bought #80 naira cup of stonefree rice yesterday in nkwo umunze,anambra state.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by nice2eve(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Adamdau:

He is correct ..local rice is 600/650 or 700 naira different type.. I mean one mudu which is equivalent to 8/9 or 10cups they have different mudu

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Depressed101: 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

Rice 1 mudu(8 cups) : #600
Beans 1 mudu(8 cups) : #900
Potato : #500
1/2 bottle of palm oil : #400( I add just enough to colour the food)
1 packet of maggi : #250
Powder pepper :#100
Onions :#100
Airtime :#100
Total :#2950
The remaining #50 is for Chelsea match later in the evening.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

Next is how I manage the foodstuff to last me a week in no particular order.

Day one: Rice and beans
Day two: beans and potatoes
Day three: only Rice
Day four: porridge potatoes
Day five : only beans
Day six: Rice and beans
Day seven: potatoes and oil
Fortunately the stomach does not disclose its contents.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I use salt as makeshift paste and patronize Hausa black soap for bathing.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

Added plus: My Girlfriend
It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

So the doubting Thomas's here's a breakdown of my 3k weekly spending.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

e na, na because Benue is the food basket of the nation na.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by codesport(m): 3:01pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ishilove:

700/kg or...? Here in Lagos I bought it for 9,850 for 12.5kg
it's still #620 per kg here in LAFIA Nasarawa State.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Richashell: 3:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
No meat
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Mariangeles(f): 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
macrodata:
As someone who's brother works with Nestle... I'm deeply pained by your words! What is wrong with buying a drum, eh

What brand of seasoning do Nestlé produce?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Jwonder:

They still have supporters because Nigerians love suffering, instead of standing up against oppression, they rather adjust to the suffering.

The OP will suffer from malnutrition. How can you survive on less than $6 weekly?
He should Better go and open a POS business or something while still applying for jobs so you can have little money to look good.

True.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by olawaley12(m): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
You are a survivor my brother.......
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by patjane(f): 3:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
Please which state? Here in Rivers state I spend up to 3k for just 1pot of soup.. by the way, No meat? I’m still trying to understand how people eat without meat � lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

Rice 1 mudu(8 cups) : #600
Beans 1 mudu(8 cups) : #900
Potato : #500
1/2 bottle of palm oil : #400( I add just enough to colour the food)
1 packet of maggi : #250
Powder pepper :#100
Onions :#100
Airtime :#100
Total :#2950
The remaining #50 is for Chelsea match later in the evening.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

Next is how I manage the foodstuff to last me a week in no particular order.

Day one: Rice and beans
Day two: beans and potatoes
Day three: only Rice
Day four: porridge potatoes
Day five : only beans
Day six: Rice and beans
Day seven: potatoes and oil
Fortunately the stomach does not disclose its contents.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I use salt as makeshift paste and patronize Hausa black soap for bathing.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

Added plus: My Girlfriend
It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

So the doubting Thomas's here's a breakdown of my 3k weekly spending.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

so in all ur 3k management u don't buy gas, kerosine or charcoal, or electricity is u are using electric cooker?.... 3k can't work bro maybe 5k
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
FILEBE:

Nice one.. bossman. Send me a message.
Done that sir

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by AfroKnight: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
Hope you get a good job soon. Continue improving your skills in tech. You will soon smile big time.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by buJu234: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
these foods: GARRI (G4); BEANS (B4) & RICE (R3) plus their pikins Oil & Kerosene..

can safe u from hunger any day any time..

u can do different Combinations & Permutations with them...

Note: G4; B4; R3 are the nigerian hustler's molecular names for them

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Patson080(m): 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
This cracked me up. ���
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Supreme145(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
porthouse7:
so in all ur 3k management u don't buy gas, kerosine or charcoal, or electricity is u are using electric cooker?.... 3k can't work bro maybe 5k
Yea I use electric cooker, light is stable here. at least 18hrs everyday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Patson080(m): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
This cracked me up. �����

Rrex99:
Oh..you get light... That's good
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by porthouse7(f): 3:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

Yea I use electric cooker, light is stable here. at least 18hrs everyday
u don't pay for electricity abi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Dies Moments After Announcing His Wife's Death On Facebook. Photo / What Can I Do To Let My Wife Wake Up Early? / Lost Young Girl Found In Abeokuta, Ogun State. Please Let's Locate Her Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.