Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,023 members, 7,919,257 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 04:33 AM

Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation (33902 Views)

Siamese Twins Joined At The Head Separated After 18-Hour Surgery In Vatican / Conjoined Twins Successfully Separated In Abuja Hospital / Indian Twin Kids Joined At The Skull Have Been Successfully Separated (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Draggun(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2021
BlesE:
God is great

Don't be ignorant. It happened in an hospital, not a church. Thank the surgical team.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Legend44(m): 10:37am On Nov 03, 2021
I swear down
endsarrrs:
Science is amazing!
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by wealthpreach(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
Optimistguy1969:
Medicine is good, but GOD IS GREAT
This statement is useless, God created medicine, there is no need to get religious about it. Appreciate the effort of the doctors and move on.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by ejimatic: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
damilola4162:
Cojoined twins were to have repeatedly survived an intense operation lasting 27 hours to separate them, Newspremises gathered.

The 9-month-old adorable sisters, identified as Elizabeth and Mary, joined at the hip left Cameroon for Turkey for the operation joined together but have now been separated seven months later. THANK YOU DOCTORS FOR THIS FEAT.

The girls' mother has praised the "extraordinary" medical team in Istanbul, Turkey's capital, who carefully planned the operation on 3D models before getting to work on the girls.

Their parent alleged that, the girls who came out the womb attached were living in pain which led to them seeking medical help.

But after seven months of planning and a final 27-hour operation to separate the conjoined twins, both girls have been discharged from the hospital in Istanbul.

The twins' father identified as Richard Akwe said:

"We were very saddened by the thought of our babies not being able to move around freely and that they were hurting.

We were also saddened by the crying of our little girls when they were hungry while my wife tried to breastfeed them one by one, but they were a gift to us and we are dedicated to taking care of them in the best way possible."

The girls’ mother Anne Caroline Akwe told a news conference: "I was very very happy, for seeing Elizabeth and Mary being separated and well without not any complications.

"Despite the many difficulties, I breastfed my babies for a year while they were conjoined.

"We never lost hope that they would be separated and live in good health. And that dream came true with the extraordinary effort and success of the Turkish doctors.

After the 27-hour operation, neurosurgeon Dr Memet Ozek said:

"The separation of the lower part of the spinal cord was a problem in the eight-and-a-half-hour separation process. Why was it a problem?

"Because it involved four important functions: the movement of their feet, their control of the urinary tract, being able to control defecation, and to prevent a problem in their future sex life.

"Each one had its own unique set of problems. After surgery, the aim is to keep them protected.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/conjoined-twin-babies-successfully-separated-after-gruelling-27-hour-operation-photos/
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Hezmatosky: 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
If not for oyibo, Africa should have been worst than hell sad
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:38am On Nov 03, 2021
endsarrrs:
Science is amazing!
t

wow 27 what and none bleed to death
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by ejimatic: 10:39am On Nov 03, 2021
damilola4162:
Cojoined twins were to have repeatedly survived an intense operation lasting 27 hours to separate them, Newspremises gathered.

The 9-month-old adorable sisters, identified as Elizabeth and Mary, joined at the hip left Cameroon for Turkey for the operation joined together but have now been separated seven months later.

The girls' mother has praised the "extraordinary" medical team in Istanbul, Turkey's capital, who carefully planned the operation on 3D models before getting to work on the girls.

Their parent alleged that, the girls who came out the womb attached were living in pain which led to them seeking medical help.

But after seven months of planning and a final 27-hour operation to separate the conjoined twins, both girls have been discharged from the hospital in Istanbul.

The twins' father identified as Richard Akwe said:

"We were very saddened by the thought of our babies not being able to move around freely and that they were hurting.

We were also saddened by the crying of our little girls when they were hungry while my wife tried to breastfeed them one by one, but they were a gift to us and we are dedicated to taking care of them in the best way possible."

The girls’ mother Anne Caroline Akwe told a news conference: "I was very very happy, for seeing Elizabeth and Mary being separated and well without not any complications.

"Despite the many difficulties, I breastfed my babies for a year while they were conjoined.

"We never lost hope that they would be separated and live in good health. And that dream came true with the extraordinary effort and success of the Turkish doctors.

After the 27-hour operation, neurosurgeon Dr Memet Ozek said:

"The separation of the lower part of the spinal cord was a problem in the eight-and-a-half-hour separation process. Why was it a problem?

"Because it involved four important functions: the movement of their feet, their control of the urinary tract, being able to control defecation, and to prevent a problem in their future sex life.

"Each one had its own unique set of problems. After surgery, the aim is to keep them protected.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/conjoined-twin-babies-successfully-separated-after-gruelling-27-hour-operation-photos/
. Thank you doctors for this feat!
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Ihatemumu: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2021
Boko Haram fighting against Education
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by realstars: 10:41am On Nov 03, 2021
Elock1:
angry
Science has to be my religion.
Period
But God is the greatest scientist.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 03, 2021
I am waiting for the ones that will say "it was devil that gave the parents that kid"
I know for sure if it was Nigeria Dem go reject those children say na evil spirit..
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by ICEWIN: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
religious people will say science is from the pit of hell
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Tomahawk99(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
Science is the creators gift to humanity. This is something prayers cannot solve, God gave you a brain for a reason.
Congratulations to them.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by samwillyco1(m): 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
Hmm, may God be praised
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Eriokanmi: 10:44am On Nov 03, 2021
Draggun:

Don't be ignorant. It happened in an hospital, not a church. Thank the surgical team.
So, who crated the team of surgeons and gave them the knowledge? I guess they also evolved through the theory of evolution, loolz. I'm still waiting to see human evolve into angels or an ape change to man in this generation cos evolution is supposed to be a continuous process grin
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by ogeenanthony(m): 10:48am On Nov 03, 2021
realstars:
We Thank God, But What God Join Together, Let No Man Saparate.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by ramatintin(m): 10:49am On Nov 03, 2021
Waitin for mr righteousness take on this
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Luluakim: 10:51am On Nov 03, 2021
endsarrrs:
Science is amazing!
indeed my dear
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Elock1: 10:56am On Nov 03, 2021
realstars:
But God is the greatest scientist.
I no want argument
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Optimistguy1969: 10:57am On Nov 03, 2021
Shut up
wealthpreach:
This statement is useless, God created medicine, there is no need to get religious about it. Appreciate the effort of the doctors and move on.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by omojesu202(m): 10:59am On Nov 03, 2021
Christopherw10:
Ok oo

Assuming you're educated, you could have gotten more clients to scam, but no, you refuse to listen.
Mr. Successfull

Same person same successfull
Same headache English .
You're a mumu man!!
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Emmypure: 11:01am On Nov 03, 2021
The doctors might even be atheist
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Bombastically00(m): 11:06am On Nov 03, 2021
I see believers and unbelievers on this thread grin.....Fact is no man of God can do this miracle, Its the work of the neurosurgeon.... Meanwhile its successful because it was God's plan wink
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Judybash93(m): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Mystery9:

Yeah.. God gave humans the knowledge to handle it.

Can you prove this?
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Judybash93(m): 11:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Bombastically00:
I see believers and unbelievers on this thread grin.....Fact is no man of God can do this miracle, Its the work of the neurosurgeon.... Meanwhile its successful because it was God's plan wink

They were joined at the hip. How is this the work of neurosurgeons?
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by PAPAFEELERS: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2021
endsarrrs:
Science is amazing!
if only BLACK AFRICANS will acknowledge this as the way to go and STOP allowing the pastorprenuers deceiving them
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by PAPAFEELERS: 11:22am On Nov 03, 2021
Judybash93:

They were joined at the hip. How is this the work of neurosurgeons?
There will be nerve cellss criscrossing that points, and dont forget neurosurgeons dont only have expertise on neurons alone

2 Likes

Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by baralatie(m): 11:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Congratulations

Thank God!
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2021
Is there something wrong with the pictures coz the kid the mother carry is very much big than the one with the dad
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by baralatie(m): 11:25am On Nov 03, 2021
Very Soon
Nigerian doctors in a Nigerian Hospital in Nigeria will be doing this sort of operations successfully
In Jesus Name
Amen
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by saintaustine(m): 11:26am On Nov 03, 2021
Science is really amazing.
Good news coming from Turkey.

Unlike my Dear country,
where killings, banditry, corruption, embezzlement, looting, arm robbery, kidnapping, thuggery agberoeism, are the only news you hear.

No common News of Hope.
What a country.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 03, 2021
If the parents are Nigerians they would be going to one church or the other for prophets to seperate the twins as if it is not God that gave humans intelligence like those surgeons to seperate the twins.
Re: Turkey: Conjoined Twin Babies Successfully Separated After 27-Hour Operation by kingxsamz(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2021
mozona:
what a miraculous God that we have.

Lol, funny how things like this are never solved or done with prayers, one has to do surgery, even though you folks claim that faith move mountains.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Experience At Apata General Hospital Ibadan / Coronavirus: NAFDAC Approves Production Of Chloroquine For Clinical Trials / Coronavirus: No Need For Panic Buying, Sanwo-Olu Tells Lagosians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.