Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,316 members, 7,943,778 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:01 AM

Reason Why You As Parents Should Stop Comparing Your Children With Their Peers. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Reason Why You As Parents Should Stop Comparing Your Children With Their Peers. (411 Views)

My Husband Has 2 Children With His Spiritual Mother's Daughter / Gloria Akuffo: I Had My Children With People's Husbands / As Parents, What Are The Most Common Words Use With Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reason Why You As Parents Should Stop Comparing Your Children With Their Peers. by Ogamysamo: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
everybody knows that all fingers are not equal. but because their mates who they grew up together or are in thesame age grade or range are making it already, you are hell bent on them because they are not yet capable of contributing to the financial wellbeing of the family as you may expect.

you drag samples and examples from ronaldo to davido, come back to rude boy, joe boy, destiny boy fire boy and even fly boy without considering their background and factors that take them there, wether their parents play a rule or not you don't care.

if they say they are still young and have opportunities you'll be killing their faith with hopeless words like; are this same people not also boys like you even in their names?

who are you now to compare dangote with or have you forgotten that he also made it in life?

allow them to wait for their own time.

just pray for them to succeed where you hadn't. and if you think they are useless because they haven't make it then you have to think of whose mate is dangote?
Re: Reason Why You As Parents Should Stop Comparing Your Children With Their Peers. by Opeyemiextra(f): 3:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
I think most parents are getting better in this aspect. During my own time, there was no spoken comparison in my house but it was there. When I passed my jamb and waec, my father was like he wasn't expecting me to. When they boast about others, I was never mentioned but God saw me through.
These things have effects on the children beyond the their academics. It affects their worldview, how they see themselves in relation to others, how they feel the world should be, their level of acceptance, approval, trust...
May God guide us and give us wisdom to raise our children right.
Re: Reason Why You As Parents Should Stop Comparing Your Children With Their Peers. by Ogamysamo: 3:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
Opeyemiextra:
I think most parents are getting better in this aspect. During my own time, there was no spoken comparison in my house but it was there. When I passed my jamb and waec, my father was like he wasn't expecting me to. When they boast about others, I was never mentioned but God saw me through.
These things have effects on the children beyond the their academics. It affects their worldview, how they see themselves in relation to others, how they feel the world should be, their level of acceptance, approval, trust...
May God guide us and give us wisdom to raise our children right.
Amen! Amen!! Amen!!!

(1) (Reply)

How Nigerian Immigration Management Commission Officials Want To Frustrate Me / Foodscaping In Geneva Switzerland. / Gorontula Fruit + It's Syrup + ( Pay On Delivery Only ) 100% Secured.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.