Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,821 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:29 AM

Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World (56557 Views)

Nigerian Boy Spotted With Rare Blue And Red Eyes (pics/video) / Share Your Embarrassing Moments With The Doctor / Little Girl Turning Into Stone Because Of Rare Skin Condition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by grandstar(m): 5:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:
Second Degree Skin Burn Before And After "Spray-On Skin" Treatment.

I hope this treatment becomes more available
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by Explorers(m): 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
MrMacinterchi1:

Hmm. never knew that explorers is a doc

Im not grin

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by MrMacinterchi1: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:

Im not grin
Ok. I thought the comment hinted on it.
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by berryPee(m): 5:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
grin angryno wonder toothache na die
Explorers:
This Is What The Nerves Related To The Teeth Look Like.
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by goldfinger007: 5:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
Interesting
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by mikaael(m): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Depressed101:
stop repeating posts undecided

You are truly depressed
Which one you don post?
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by IMAliyu(m): 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
descarado:
The military doctors and researchers invented lots of medical procedures we have in the world today. When you think invention in all areas of life, think military. Way back during the world war 1.
Nigerian military don't know jack.
Yup
War usually drives innovation in many fields.
The bad part is the killing that comes with it.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by Ayt27(m): 6:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:
James Harrison The "Man With The Golden Arm"

After needing 13 liters of blood for a surgery at the age of 13, a man named James Harrison pledged to donate blood once he turned 18.

It was discovered that his blood contained a rare antigen which cured Rhesus disease.

He has donated blood a record 1,000 times and saved 2,000,000 lives.

https://www.boredpanda.com/amazing-medical-cases/?cexp_id=44747&cexp_var=12&_f=featured&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

Also it turned out that for him to continue surviving he needed to always donate blood, because of the rare antigen. It was mere co-incidence that he always donated, if he hadn't donated blood he would have long died.

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by descarado: 6:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
IMAliyu:

Yup
War usually drives innovation in many fields.
The bad part is the killing that comes with it.
As long as man seek power to subdue fellow man, there must be war my friend.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by armyofone(m): 6:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
IMAliyu:

We can get there when we stop being afraid of the unknown and start questioning everything we were made to believe.

No, they won't question or work at being or developing science-based imaginative brain.

The church and babalawos where they invent imaginary witches are easy.
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by armyofone(m): 6:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
Harpyeagle:
The way these white men think makes me marvel.
Truly beautiful.. Some people from a certain continent would prefer to think of how to make weapons to kill others in name of religion or just amass wealth for themselves while a lot of their people are suffering from similar diseases which they'd just conveniently tag "god's curse" and live their lives without a care. And they are champions at condemning others. It's real sad to hail from this part of the world.

Africa has a very, very, very lonnnnnggggg way to go.

I was reading a thread where someone's mom has diabetes and some people on that thread are still saying take her to church this and that shocked. Smh @ African!

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by rottennaija(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:
A Peanut Lodged Inside A Child's Trachea.

This one no survive

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by fapcrook(m): 8:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
Thank God for medicine
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by RealityKings: 10:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:
Me And My Grandpa In Medical School 70 Years Apart (Equally Sleep Deprived).

wow bro waddup. Nice to finally see your face shocked
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by ghettochild(m): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Explorers:
A Peanut Lodged Inside A Child's Trachea.
This one is damn scary.. imagine a child going thru the chocking process
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by angelfallz(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
Asin eh!
I feel really bad for kids who are born with one deformity or the other.
The fact that we're healthy is more than enough to give glory to God. There are people out there with ailments that have no cure, in fact scientists don't even know what causes it.

There was a time I saw a picture of the skull of someone that had cancer of the bone. The way the skull was jagged and pointing out like needles, you can only imagine the 24/7 pains and agony the person was going through.

bukatyne:
What a thread!

Keep it coming.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by piagetskinner(m): 12:29am On Nov 07, 2021
Hmmmm… odikwa serious
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by TiglathPILESER: 12:44am On Nov 07, 2021
Explorers:
Before And After Surgery For Blount's Disease.
how did they do this...
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by TiglathPILESER: 12:57am On Nov 07, 2021
for now I cannot continue with this deformed pictures. i stopped at page 2. @explorers I never knew I could be lily hearted. gracias!

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by EkiranAlexmedia(m): 3:38am On Nov 07, 2021
Explorers:
This Is What The Nerves Related To The Teeth Look Like.

Very educative
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by KangaIye: 4:52am On Nov 07, 2021
Depressed101:
stop repeating posts undecided

K

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by Greatone88(m): 5:05am On Nov 07, 2021
God is wonderful.....
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by armyofone(m): 6:11am On Nov 07, 2021
Oyinbo tried! While Shopona was busy sacrificing others, Oyinbo were busy in the lab...they are still busy and will be till kingdom come.

Juju things really screw up Africans.

grandstar:

Oyinbo did what Shopona, the Yoruba god of smallpox couldn't do- and thst is to eradicate smallpox globally. The last person to be infected with smallpox was Somali in 1979. Ever since then, the pathogen now only exists in a laboratory in America. Some have suggested it be destroyed

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by blessedvisky(m): 6:30am On Nov 07, 2021
adeniyi65:

Money has make thousands of people permanent disable in Africa.

Poverty not money
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by madridguy(m): 6:48am On Nov 07, 2021
Medical breakthrough here and there. I hope one day our continent will be the leading in science, technology and research.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by greenprince(m): 6:56am On Nov 07, 2021
yinkbell:

Hello explorer? People with tetanus; are they always taking this position?. What happens to their bones and what is the cause of tetanus please?

Tetanus is caused by Clostridium tetani which has a neurotoxin meaning that the nervous system will be attacked by this bacteria (just how let's say clostridium difficile will attack your gastrointestinal or H. Pylori will attack stomach wall and cause you ulcer).

So, tetanospasmin toxin from this bacteria will block inhibitory neurotransmitters that are supposed to relax your body and stop nerve transmission especially at the neuromuscular junctions. That's why you see that person stretched out like that cause the inhibition is lost and only excitation is maintained. The explanation is vague still but manage am like that smiley

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by adeniyi65(m): 7:21am On Nov 07, 2021
blessedvisky:

Poverty not money
Thanks.it has been modified
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by Gaabasky: 7:24am On Nov 07, 2021
And the giant of Africa is treating her doctors like leprosy patient.
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by vivaciousvivi(f): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Explorers:
A Rare Case Of Parasitic Twin Seen In An 11 Year-Old Girl Named Yin Xin, Of Changzhi Town, Shanxi Province, China In 2007.
Amazing!
Reminds me of the 2021 horror film Malignant.
Never knew such could happen in this level of detail and with the host twin growing up with it to this age. Just amazing!
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by yinkbell: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2021
greenprince:

Tetanus is caused by Clostridium tetani which has a neurotoxin meaning that the nervous system will be attacked by this bacteria (just how let's say clostridium difficile will attack your gastrointestinal or H. Pylori will attack stomach wall and cause you ulcer).

So, tetanospasmin toxin from this bacteria will block inhibitory neurotransmitters that are supposed to relax your body and stop nerve transmission especially at the neuromuscular junctions. That's why you see that person stretched out like that cause the inhibition is lost and only excitation is maintained. The explanation is vague still but manage am like that smiley

Thanks Greenpeace. I really appreciate you sir. Even though, most of scientific terms their are obscure to me. I understood that bacteria is the cause of it and nervous system is affected. Sir, are you a Doctor or medical Student?
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by greenprince(m): 10:22am On Nov 10, 2021
[url][/url]
yinkbell:

Thanks Greenpeace. I really appreciate you sir. Even though, most of scientific terms their are obscure to me. I understood that bacteria is the cause of it and nervous system is affected. Sir, are you a Doctor or medical Student?

Sorry, explaining medical terms and diseases in basic language is something I'm still working on.

I'm in my penultimate year of a Doctor of pharmacy program and yeah we ought to learn a lot of medical courses like immunology, microbiology, physio and neuro and all that, as well as loads of chemistry and pharmacology.
Re: Photos Of Rare Moments From Medical World by yinkbell: 9:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
greenprince:
[url][/url]

Sorry, explaining medical terms and diseases in basic language is something I'm still working on.

I'm in my penultimate year of a Doctor of pharmacy program and yeah we ought to learn a lot of medical courses like immunology, microbiology, physio and neuro and all that, as well as loads of chemistry and pharmacology.

Good to hear this. I am a graduate of Applied Chemistry. Is it feasible for me to delve into the world of health sciences?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number / Lady Enters Gutter "After Lodging With Man In A Hotel" In Lagos. Photos / Lagos Acquires New Equipment For Disinfection Of Public Places, Set To Deploy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.