Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,683 members, 7,948,555 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me (45796 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Go To Church Before Prayers Answered? / Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Bride-To-Be Swept Away By Flood In Anambra Catholic Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by AsawanaDgreat: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
Is obvious she doesn't want to marry
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by slowice(m): 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
Haba, since you love am leave na after marriage you return simpu grin
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Prenonjebose: 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
Prettychild:

Stop quoting the Bible wrongly. The Bible said a man shall leave his father and mother and cling to his wife. The two shall become one flesh.
Hahahaha. I wanted to correct him but thought otherwise, he had to twist it to fit his point.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by bukatyne(f): 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

She wouldn't marry you if you remain catholic;

You are not willing to leave catholic for love....

You have three choices:
1. Leave catholic and marry her
2. Stay in catholic and leave her
3. Convince/confuse her that she is free to worship anywhere as you remain in catholic

Beht, didn't she/you know that catholic is a deal breaker before progressing the relationship?

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin Then dump her with immediate Effect. If you succumb next thing you know you will be washing her pant better man up .

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Randgist: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
Let me use my self as a case study.

After i married my wife. I joined her in her own church.

The reason is these;

I was not having a church i would say its a permanent one where i am rooted. Though i was going to one at that time. But i would not say i am rooted there simply because am not a church church type in as much as am a christian and love God.

Now, after i joined my wife to her own church i never had any regret. Infact its a good place to worship though i am still me. (After church first to leave type).

So Bro. I do understand what others are trying to say about her being control freak and all that.

But at the end it all comes down to you. You know these lady in question.

First ask your self. Why does she want you to leave catholic and maybe join hers?

Have you ever visited her church atleast 1 or 2 times to have a feel and conviction for yourself? You might find out its a good place to worship after all.

Would you afford losing a good lady over name of church?

Bro there is no name of church in Heaven i believe.

So, if i was in your shoe,

I would compare things like her personality,

I mean you have known her longer i believe. Its her life and character worthy of emulating? At some point do you ever feel like she is the best thing in the world? (I dont mean by physical beauty)

Bro if the answer is yes. Then i think you should have answer to your worry.

Yes you are the man but when marriage and love is involved there are times of compromise and some sometimes some compromise is worth it and beneficial.

4 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by brainhgeek(m): 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
I am not a Catholic but that is totally wrong. If she's holding prisoner of choice because of your church, be ready for more manipulations after marriage. If you are no longer attending catholic church, let I be a personal conviction and not by manipulation

6 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Hespee93: 12:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
I understand her sha. Some of us do not feel very comfortable in some churches
What is it that is difficukt for her to leave her Church?

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by ekesol: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:
I have this girl who is the only one I love, but she said she can never attend catholic church.

I told her it's not an issue - that as my wife, she's free to attend any church she likes, but she insisted our family would have to attend the same church.

She won't marry me if i stick to my Catholic faith. Please advise me, she's the only one I love, and I can't start over anymore.

Are u marrying her or U re marrying her . Bro leave that girl alone U will regret it.
Tommorrow she will tell U , Ur mother is a winch according to her pastor.
Possibly look in that your Catholic church for a wife.
Love is an illusion.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by CharlieMaria(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Then go marry another person.....

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by freeman67: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Let her go then. Your leaving the Catholic church should be on your own conviction not by black mail or cajole. If there should a movement, she is to be the one to move but then you accepting her as she is without requesting her to change is enough compromise.

Nothing wrong in your woman having her own wish and opinion. However, trying to make a rule for you and all means she has already is already assuming the head before everything commence.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Richieniit: 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Mleeperbother:

Cut her off. Control freak.

You just they rant rubbish... Try understand the girl too...

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by meetme01: 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
emmanuelle27:
Lol.. my problem is with your scarcity mentality, if you've been with women alot you won't be this timid, what do you mean be "the only one I love?? my friend grow up, she's already calling the shots because she's sensed that you're weak and indecisive and that you love ONLY her, which is bad, tell her what she must do or she goes, stop being naive and vulnerable to manipulations

So, respecting your spouse opinion(s) is manipulation? Chai..women don suffer for this world. This is only time (before marriage) when her opinion should be considered mostly because when she gets married, it will be very hard to voice her opinion to people like you. Respect her wish and if you can,find another @ least you all say, there are many fish in the water. Pick another nah..Oshisko

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Pallaz(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
My girlfriend isn't a Catholic but she has started going to Catholic now because of me... We never make love ohh.. Just online we see ourselves,, she has visited me once but because of my condition which is personal. We don't make u but she respect all my decisions. So no allow any girl out there control u. If me can control a woman u too can

5 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by iriakanns(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
mrdharkchild:
It is written, that a women would leave her family, her God and all that shit and accept her husbands shit and all. Abi Bible Don become irrelevant?
It's not the other way round, simp.

Bros, you have quoted the scripture wrongly. It's a man that leaves and cleaves to his own wife. “Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.”
— Genesis 2:24 (KJV)

To the bros that sought our opinion. If you are ready to compromise, then go on with the marriage, no be say after you agree now, if you don marry her finish, you go come rescind your decision. If you can't compromise now, just make it clear to her that you can't continue with the ship.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Kingibiza(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
This is exactly what is going on in Nigeria, the marriage between buhari and Nigeria
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by clothingonline(m): 12:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
Go separate churches
God is one

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by AuroraB(f): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
2ndchildhood:
So as husband scarce reach, women still the give conditions?
They can only do this to a simp lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Imustnottalk: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
I wonder why you will allow church to ruin your relationship must your family or wife attend the church you are going.i like this type of girl she been sincere to you from start not when you guys get marry thats when issue come in

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MASTERMIND04(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

She is not serious. Let her go. If she loves you, that should not a problem.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Justdenis(m): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:
na to jejeli find person for your church marry na,.

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Aty11: 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
angry : angry[quote author=2ndchildhood post=107397751][/quote]

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Romanoff(f): 12:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
You're just looking for controversy.

You both practice christianity differently. She's not willing to change her mode of worship, you are not willing to change to hers.

Y'all should move on already.

Na by force?

Amos 3:3.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by engrsyer(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
It may be difficult to end it up now but I assure you that that is the best decision you will take right now before you would live a life of regrets and agony. If she can influence you into her bidding and she have it then the day you won't do her bidding again that would be the end of marriage or you would face turmoil in your marriage. True love is unconditional but she is conditioning you. We all practice same faith yet condemning other denomination, that's BS mehn. Guy move on with your life. You are the one holding both the yam and the knife so you can cut it the way you like.
KoladeChris24:

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lomprico(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
chiommy123:

he is not stopping her from going to her church or forcing her to come to his.

1 Like

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Pharaohny: 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Girl friend dey dictate for you , you need hot resounding slap on your head grin grin sad shocked cool
If after reading all this comments you still don't have sense that's your problem. Wahala if you can't start all over again

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by Chaiz: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Women no get church till they marry
It happened to me also.
She said she hate Catholic Church and will not attend it. I just dropped her immediately no time
Since 2012 till today she never marry
No one in that her church hv seen her as marriage material. Bros just leave that dictator and hv a peace of mind

7 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrTunji: 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Bro, please leave her...

2 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by MrMacinterchi1: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
KoladeChris24:

Lol. The lord is your strength. even after telling her say she can still attend her church after and she still de form boss for you.. you still de ask questions?
As a guy wey you be,this no suppose worry you nah. very soon she go de yan you say your people no suppose de come una family house. na from clap dance de take start.

3 Likes

Re: She Wants Me To Leave Catholic Church Before She Can Marry Me by lomprico(m): 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2021
Iyaebe:
Then stop going to Catholic church, its that simple

and tomorrow if she tells him to stop visiting his people, he should obey because he wants to marry her abi?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Deeper Life Girls, You Are Getting Married Too Early! / How God Dealt With Billionaires Who Queried Me Over Their Tithe – Pastor Adeboye / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.