Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,055 members, 7,896,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:35 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (643210 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chiboyo(m): 6:05am On Sep 28, 2013
Expert inverter engineers, I need your opinions here:
1)what rating of inverter do I need to power a single outdoor BTS equipment on a telecoms site
2) can an inverter be kept outdoors without attendant damage?
3)what are the battery requirements for such an equipment(and can it be kept outdoors?)
4)if the batteries are charged continously without putting off the generators would it affect them?(Our sites run on batteries 24/7)
5)Can I get an inverter that can automatically switch to battery power once it is fully charged from the DG and and when nearing discharge threshold, reconnect back to DG power?
6)What effect would modified sine wave or pure sine wave have on the bts(which is better for the bts)
Note: that minimum DG power on all cell sites is 13KVA and maximum is 27KVA. Please drop your phone number if you answer my questions satisfactorily as I need to make VERY URGENT purchases...
Bts(base transceiver station)
Dg(diesel generator)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:40pm On Sep 28, 2013
chiboyo: Expert inverter engineers, I need your opinions here:
1)what rating of inverter do I need to power a single outdoor BTS equipment on a telecoms site
What is the full rating of the BTS
2) can an inverter be kept outdoors without attendant damage?
Yes you can keep it outdoor but with a shed to prevent rain
and direct sunlight
3)what are the battery requirements for such an equipment(and can it be kept outdoors?)
The rating as required determine the inverter and battery
Requirement
4)if the batteries are charged continously without putting off the generators would it affect them?(Our sites run on batteries 24/7)
The charging systemis automatic and it will not affect cos it
Will turn to trickle charge when the battery is full. What do
You mean ( our site run on batteries)
5)Can I get an inverter that can automatically switch to battery power once it is fully charged from the DG and and when nearing discharge threshold, reconnect back to DG power?
Well all inverter are design to in such away that as it charging it also supply to the output and when fully charge it stop
Charging and still it keep supplying to output load and when main is off it switch automatic to load unless the switch is off, or in other way round if you want your invertee to switch from mains to battery when fully charge and also to switch to generator to start charging when low then you need ATS
6)What effect would modified sine wave or pure sine wave have on the bts(which is better for the bts)
Go for sine wave or better still if you are employing modified sine wave make sure is the type that will not restart when changinring over
Note: that minimum DG power on all cell sites is 13KVA and maximum is 27KVA. Please drop your phone number if you answer my questions satisfactorily as I need to make VERY URGENT purchases...
Bts(base transceiver station)
Dg(diesel generator)

Note what is the rating of your BTS if I can stil remember well should not be more than negative 48v is the ols type that make use of 24v so it should not be more than 2kva but pls confirm
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
femiolorun:

Note what is the rating of your BTS if I can stil remember well should not be more than negative 48v is the ols type that make use of 24v so it should not be more than 2kva but pls confirm

Chiboyo

Pls check inbetween your question above you will see answer to your question
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chiboyo(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2013
@femiolorun, many thanks for your insightful response,
What I meant to say is "our sites run on DGs 24/7"
Also the DC input is -48V for most BTS on cell sites, does that imply that a 2KVA inverter would serve and what would then be the battery rating? What if an upgrade is done on the BTS? Is it not then better to go for a 3KVA or 5KVA to allow for future upgrade/expansions?
Finally, do you sell inverters? If yes please send me a PM so we can discuss better
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
@ife i second @omotoba on this. epsilon chargn system frm my exprnce is ok-sukam family. so pls close eye nd go for d best batr as recommended
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2013
@chiboyo pls note most base stations/telecom eqpmnt love pure sine wave.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
chiboyo: @femiolorun, many thanks for your insightful response,
What I meant to say is "our sites run on DGs 24/7"
Also the DC input is -48V for most BTS on cell sites, does that imply that a 2KVA inverter would serve and what would then be the battery rating? What if an upgrade is done on the BTS? Is it not then better to go for a 3KVA or 5KVA to allow for future upgrade/expansions?
Finally, do you sell inverters? If yes please send me a PM so we can discuss better

Yes I sell and I design, for more discussion you can reach me on 08033681445 or josfemi@yahoo.com
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 8:18am On Sep 30, 2013
@chiboyo incorporatn solar for d chargn wl b economical longterm. d solar structure can b d inverter shed
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 8:20am On Sep 30, 2013
@chiboyo incorporatn solar for d chargn wl b economical longterm. d solar structure can b d inverter shed or if there's other shed
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chiboyo(m): 12:12pm On Sep 30, 2013
@idsolar; Charging via solar does not usually give a steady -48V and for WIMAX BTS that has very low tolerance to fluctuating voltage, this can affect there equipment. We use Solar on a lot of sites and our WIMAX/LTE guys are always complaining, especially once we run on batteries(when the DC DG is on maintenance)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 2:09pm On Sep 30, 2013
What a wonderful thread!I have gone through virtually all the posts and from what i have read and garnered so far,i find it difficult to leave here,kudos to u guys!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by GeorgeD1(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2013
chiboyo: @idsolar; Charging via solar does not usually give a steady -48V and for WIMAX BTS that has very low tolerance to fluctuating voltage, this can affect there equipment. We use Solar on a lot of sites and our WIMAX/LTE guys are always complaining, especially once we run on batteries(when the DC DG is on maintenance)

chiboyo,

you may need to do a proper systems sizing if you want to get the full benefits of your solar set up. charging via solar does not have to be unsteady. if you size your load properly you should get steady charging current during peak sun hours. the batteries will usually
kick in to supply needed power during cloudy conditions or in the evening when the sun goes down. with a good quality inverter, your wimax
bts does not need to know whether you're running on generator or solar.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2013
chiboyo: @idsolar; Charging via solar does not usually give a steady -48V and for WIMAX BTS that has very low tolerance to fluctuating voltage, this can affect there equipment. We use Solar on a lot of sites and our WIMAX/LTE guys are always complaining, especially once we run on batteries(when the DC DG is on maintenance)

i have said this so many time that before you get a good charging system on solar, say like 15 to 20amp on 12volt system you need close to 8 solar panel, if you are in the north say 4 cos of the intensity of sun over there, if you have a bank of battery system and you are in the south region be ready to spend more ob solar plate so achieve a meaningful charging system. once the battery are discharge the time generator will used to charge back cannot be compare to solar system setup for wimax
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:40pm On Sep 30, 2013
George_D:

chiboyo,

you may need to do a proper systems sizing if you want to get the full benefits of your solar set up. charging via solar does not have to be unsteady. if you size your load properly you should get steady charging current during peak sun hours. the batteries will usually
kick in to supply needed power during cloudy conditions or in the evening when the sun goes down. with a good quality inverter, your wimax
bts does not need to know whether you're running on generator or solar.

i think the inverter comes in when the generator ran out of diesel, and sometime what we normally face when i was in telecom sector is that, the watch man leave to site which make communication difficult and before you say jack the site is down
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2013

another stuff is that if you are going by solar, this is what you will do, since is 48volt system, say at 225amps ( that is the common amps used in BTS) and you want to set up solar make sure you have a minimum of 30amp at peak, if at peak you are getting btw 12 to 15 amp, honestly there will be no result, so in this case add more plate
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 7:45pm On Sep 30, 2013

if you presently have an inverter over there and is working perfectly, then i can recommend a good charger with guarantee for you
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 11:12am On Oct 01, 2013
femiolorun:

Yes I sell and I design, for more discussion you can reach me on 08033681445 or josfemi@yahoo.com
does this - p.d have any effect on the inverter set up in whatsoever forms and if so,what effect does it have on the working of it?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 11:16am On Oct 01, 2013
Can anybody differentiate for me the difference between overvoltage protective device and circuit breaker.What will determine the rating of external battery chargers?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 10:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
baba11: does this - p.d have any effect on the inverter set up in whatsoever forms and if so,what effect does it have on the working of it?

Pls what exactly do you mean by PD
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
baba11: Can anybody differentiate for me the difference between overvoltage protective device and circuit breaker.What will determine the rating of external battery chargers?

Overvoltage guide against excessive voltge in a system while circuit breaker works with over current for instance if a system is design to handle 5amp and 10amp is now used on such system the circuit breaker will trip off while in overvoltage it prevent high voltage form getting into a system that needed to operate at certain voltage. A simple method to prevent over voltge is the use of MOV in a circuit. To determine a rating of battery charger is ration 1 to 10 of any battery you are charging. For instance 10amps into 100amp battery. You can use somelike the attached pix to confirmed that
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 8:15pm On Oct 02, 2013
femiolorun:

Pls what exactly do you mean by PD
@femiolohun,tanks a bunch.What i mean by a -p.d is -ve potential difference like the one use for telecom installation.Do u no the difference btw surge protectors and overvoltage protective devices?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2013
good responses on d bts issue. if d sys is design as inverter actn as backup to gen well fine and good but gen can be takn out wt correct solar/batr sizn. truly this s d best way out
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by idsolar(m): 9:31am On Oct 03, 2013
wt sys of 48v double backup to take care of cloud days (lk 400ah) then solar gun for min 40ah peak. either way we spend money but solar is d best way wt rest
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 04, 2013
I think the manual of sukam 1.4kva inverters contains wrong information. It states that when the indicator stops blinking, charging stops.
my voltmeter showed that when the indicator stopped blinking, it continued charging at 14.4v and after about one hour, it went into float at 13.6v. I disconnected it and voltage dropped to 12.9v.
should I leave it permanently on so that it is in perpetual float? Can this shorten the lifespan of battery or inverter?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 2:38pm On Oct 04, 2013
dsunmade: I think the manual of sukam 1.4kva inverters contains wrong information. It states that when the indicator stops blinking, charging stops.
my voltmeter showed that when the indicator stopped blinking, it continued charging at 14.4v and after about one hour, it went into float at 13.6v. I disconnected it and voltage dropped to 12.9v.
should I leave it permanently on so that it is in perpetual float? Can this shorten the lifespan of battery or inverter?

the manual is correct this is what is going on, to charge the battery to fully charge at cycle use on sukam is 14.5v this is is what you will get with your voltmeter, when it change to float charge( at this stage the charging current has been reduced ) then you get 13.6v,

if you disconnect it from source or you switch off from charging the you battery drop btw 12.7 and 12.9v on no load and no charge, this is a symbol that your battery is good and has been fully charge. if you are getting 12.0v or 12.2v on load load or charge your battery has not been fully charge
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
dsunmade: I currently have 2 100Ah batteries which I use with my 1.4 kva sukam inverter. I am thinking of buying 2 additional 260Ah or 200 Ah batteries. However, I have some worries.
How can I maintain 2 separate battery banks with the same inverter without having to connect and disconnect wires and terminals every time I want to change over? Are there any solutions eg similar to a knife or changeover switch.
Can the Sukam inverter with 13A charging current effectively charge 2 of the 260Ah batteries connected in series?
Found out about a battery switch Blue Sea battery switch 6007 which can be used to switch between battery banks. I now have 2 banks- an old and a new one and I control how I use both banks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
dsunmade:
Found out about a battery switch Blue Sea battery switch 6007 which can be used to switch between battery banks. I now have 2 banks- an old and a new one and I control how I use both banks.

Forget abt the old batteries once you buy the new one or are the old one still good? Charging will not be effective unless you have regular light and you hardly discharge your batteries before re-charging.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by saleskara: 9:07am On Oct 06, 2013
Hello All,

if you are interested in knowing the basics of how a Sukam inverter works then please read this http://naijaproductsonline..com/2013/10/sukam-power-inverters-in-nigeria.html
geefivez: Please can somebody direct me where i can buy an intelligent external battery charger for my inverter. I leant the charging rate of my inverter is very low. I based in lagos.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by plodds: 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2013
Can anyone please educate me on d pros and cons of using modified sine wave inverter with my laptop as against pure sine wave... Thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2013
plodds: Can anyone please educate me on d pros and cons of using modified sine wave inverter with my laptop as against pure sine wave... Thanks
From experience, if you are using a modified sine wave inverter with alternative power packs(i.e not OEM), the power packs will have to be replaced frequently as they burn up. This may be as frequent as weekly.
If you are using the OEM power packs, there shouldn't be any problems.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ayoman: 2:26am On Oct 10, 2013
pls just wait until the inverter develops problem or blows up.then your eye will open when pragmatic technologies start their usual extortation even while on warranty.enjoy while it lasts

dimdim001:

I can only speak for CyberPower inverter cos dats wat i use & it has bin rily great! Enjoyin' evry moment wit it!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 9:00am On Oct 10, 2013
ayoman: pls just wait until the inverter develops problem or blows up.then your eye will open when pragmatic technologies start their usual extortation even while on warranty.enjoy while it lasts

Somfin' can't jst "blow up" without it bin misused...so far it's still goin' strong & steady, & doesn't seem to be letting up

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (168) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.