Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,055 members, 7,896,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 02:31 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (643202 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (168) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 12, 2013
dimdim001:

Somfin' can't jst "blow up" without it bin misused...so far it's still goin' strong & steady, & doesn't seem to be letting up
every now and then, we experience surges and spikes in our power supply. At a point, the circuitry may reach its breaking point and kaboom, your electrical equipment breaks down. So, electrical and electronic equipment can break down without misuse.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2013
dsunmade: every now and then, we experience surges and spikes in our power supply. At a point, the circuitry may reach its breaking point and kaboom, your electrical equipment breaks down. So, electrical and electronic equipment can break down without misuse.

Dats y dere's a surge protector...wen I bought my cyberpower inverter frm d main company, I was given one free of charge

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by purplekayc(m): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2013
Guys why does it take so long for me to get my battery charged?? Even after 7 hours of generator its still half way full?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:21am On Oct 13, 2013
dimdim001:

Dats y dere's a surge protector...wen I bought my cyberpower inverter frm d main company, I was given one free of charge
Surge protectors are not foolproof against surges, spikes, brownouts and blackouts.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dimdim001(m): 11:43am On Oct 13, 2013
dsunmade:
Surge protectors are not foolproof against surges, spikes, brownouts and blackouts.

Well so far mine is holdin' up & has protected me frm many bad current instances
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2013
purplekayc: Guys why does it take so long for me to get my battery charged?? Even after 7 hours of generator its still half way full?
Your charging current of the inverter is small.It may be due to the facts that this is inbuilt or you use more batteries than it's required!or the generator power is not enough to charge it effectively which might be due to under rating!!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 10:38pm On Oct 14, 2013
dsunmade:
Try and get the one that can fully protect your device.It depend on what you mean sha.Are you talking from experience?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
dimdim001:

Well so far mine is holdin' up & has protected me frm many bad current instances
I think I may just buy one. What is the make and capacity of yours? A picture they say is worth a thousand words. Thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 1:55am On Oct 18, 2013
Install class a surge in your incommer and class b surge in your distribution board. With this you are garantee

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 1:11am On Oct 23, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

PERLIGHT solar panels... 12v 130 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

PERLIGHT solar panels... 24v 230 watts monocrystalline module » (USA STANDARDS)

TRIUMPH slim vrla telecomm batteries..... 12v 150 ahms (2012 Indian prod)

TEL Series/C& TRUE Front Access® vrla telecomm battteries( www.cdtechno.com )........12v 210FG

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

MULTIPOWER Inverters of various KVA (MADE IN INDIA)

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951
E-MAIL....... frankie_feller@yahoo.com
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 3:39am On Oct 23, 2013
baba11: Try and get the one that can fully protect your device.It depend on what you mean sha.Are you talking from experience?

Go for phoenix contact surge. I assure you of this

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 3:42am On Oct 23, 2013
purplekayc: Guys why does it take so long for me to get my battery charged?? Even after 7 hours of generator its still half way full?

The reason is simple, your charging system is very poor your need a very good charger to to get solution, contact
Funtop for one
Femi
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 12:44pm On Oct 23, 2013
femiolorun:

Go for phoenix contact surge. I assure you of this
Hope it'll not be too expensive to buy?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
baba11: Hope it'll not be too expensive to buy?

Not expensive at all call 08033681445 for detail
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by oneman(m): 2:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
My alternative power system will be 2 weeks old in 3 days, yay!!!
I started out with a 2.4KVa inverter, 2 pieces 12V 190AH Powersafe batteries which I doubled to 4 pieces 12V 190AH Powersafe batteries in just one week. I was getting 8 - 10 hours run time (I turn off when I notice battery level is 50% or less and I only run light points, 32 LED TV, 1 Fan, 2 90watt Computers/Laptop, Phones) and about 4 - 5 hours when the refrigerator (Tall LG Fridge) is turned on which is why I increased my battery bank. However I noticed my inverter doesn't really charge my batteries full... Once the inverter is on PHCN/Gen it quickly indicates the batteries are fully charged, but I do ignore this and try to charge for atleast 6 hours on the grid or using Generator but as soon as power is gone and the inverter is deployed the battery level jumps down to less than 100% (Say 75 - 85%), am considering getting an external smart charger, or an Inverter upgrade?? What do you all think?? When am rich enough sometime within the next few to several weeks, I intend to employ solar panels into my system and never burn fuel again!

Contact me for supplies of 12V 190AH Powersafe telecomm batteries (I think they are great, and the manufacturers stamps a 20 year lifespan on them): +234 817 579 8778

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by oneman(m): 2:20pm On Nov 02, 2013
Omotoda, please can you let me know the size of your battery bank, I use the same product and yes it powers my fridge and other appliances very fine but the run time is not long when the fridge is turned on (when I was on only 2 batteries before smiley )
omotoda:

If you have a point to explain I think you should just educate us.DoI have to go buy a mercury inverter 1200watts just to understand ur point?

And mercury has a 2.4kva(1440watts) inverter which I use to power my fridge and freezer at the same time.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2013
oneman: Omotoda, please can you let me know the size of your battery bank, I use the same product and yes it powers my fridge and other appliances very fine but the run time is not long when the fridge is turned on (when I was on only 2 batteries before smiley )

I use my 2.4kva,24volts mercury inverter with just my fridge and freezer alone.I have only 2 12V,200ah battery connected to it.the combined power rating of both the fridge and freezer is about 440watts and I run the inverter for about 10 hours before turning it off on my own.I think your batteries are not that good.Load could be a factor too but considering that u hv a total of 24x380ah that is huge power man.check ur batteries if it charges in just 6 houts then its either not charging well or sulphonation has occured to them.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 3:31am On Nov 03, 2013
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

2v 500 ahms Telecomm Batteries

TEL Series/C& TRUE Front Access® vrla telecomm battteries( www.cdtechno.com )........12v 210FG

Mercury 3.5kva 24v Pure sinewave lcd inverter (inbuilt 70ahm intelligent max charger for large battery bank) #charges with Gen unlike Cyberpower,, easy installation unlike cyberpower,,powers heavier appliances"inductive/resistive/motors/rectifier loads" with the help of 40 inbuilt powerful mosfets driving out o/p capacity of 2500w and max surge protect of 7500w under 0.7 power factor

CALL NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 7:43am On Nov 03, 2013
kie kie: HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

2v 500 ahms Telecomm Batteries

CALL NOW FOR SUPPLIES 08135031951 .... THANKS

How much is the mercury 3.5kva inverter?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:17am On Nov 03, 2013
oneman: My alternative power system will be 2 weeks old in 3 days, yay!!!
I started out with a 2.4KVa inverter, 2 pieces 12V 190AH Powersafe batteries which I doubled to 4 pieces 12V 190AH Powersafe batteries in just one week. I was getting 8 - 10 hours run time (I turn off when I notice battery level is 50% or less and I only run light points, 32 LED TV, 1 Fan, 2 90watt Computers/Laptop, Phones) and about 4 - 5 hours when the refrigerator (Tall LG Fridge) is turned on which is why I increased my battery bank. However I noticed my inverter doesn't really charge my batteries full... Once the inverter is on PHCN/Gen it quickly indicates the batteries are fully charged, but I do ignore this and try to charge for atleast 6 hours on the grid or using Generator but as soon as power is gone and the inverter is deployed the battery level jumps down to less than 100% (Say 75 - 85%), am considering getting an external smart charger, or an Inverter upgrade?? What do you all think?? When am rich enough sometime within the next few to several weeks, I intend to employ solar panels into my system and never burn fuel again!

Contact me for supplies of 12V 190AH Powersafe telecomm batteries (I think they are great, and the manufacturers stamps a 20 year lifespan on them): +234 817 579 8778

For your batteries conbination this give you 24v By 380amp
You need an automatic charging systen of 40amp to solve your charging concern, call 08033681445 (femi) for solution
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by century106: 10:24pm On Nov 03, 2013
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by oneman(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2013
omotoda:

I use my 2.4kva,24volts mercury inverter with just my fridge and freezer alone.I have only 2 12V,200ah battery connected to it.the combined power rating of both the fridge and freezer is about 440watts and I run the inverter for about 10 hours before turning it off on my own.I think your batteries are not that good.Load could be a factor too but considering that u hv a total of 24x380ah that is huge power man.check ur batteries if it charges in just 6 houts then its either not charging well or sulphonation has occured to them.
I use same 2.4kva but I think the inverter doesn't charge the batteries full, will get an external charger as femiolorun suggested.
I usually do turn the inverter off on my own after 8-10hrs or 4-5hrs when the fridge is on.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by oneman(m): 11:09am On Nov 05, 2013
Am sure it's been attempted; is it advisable to connect an external battery charger to the output power from an inverter to use in recharging the batteries being used by the inverter Who has tried this?? Possible?? Efficient??
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 3:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
oneman: Am sure it's been attempted; is it advisable to connect an external battery charger to the output power from an inverter to use in recharging the batteries being used by the inverter Who has tried this?? Possible?? Efficient??

very very possible wth no side or bad effect.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kingdvd(m): 4:27pm On Nov 05, 2013
oneman: My alternative power system will be 2 weeks old in 3 days, yay!!!

oneman et al...
i wonder why people nasty experiences with Inverters.
with a runtime of 8hours is ridiculous, to people who have no knowledge of inverters they feel happy wt 8hours.
for me i use 0.8 va Luminous Inverter with one 200ah luminous battery and i can boast of 20hour nonstop runtime wen fully charged. (that is 5 hours runtime daily for four days without PHCN/Gen).
i advice you get a luminous or good inverter and MTN base station batteries and you will experience uninterrupted power supply.
any inverter set up below 15hours is poor! (but dont overload sha) switch off lights/equipment u dont use etc just follow a goo battery management plan.
comments

4 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Kemi22: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2013
I use a 2kva numeric inverter with 2 units of 150ah vision batteries. The inverter is no longer charging the battery even though the indicator light for charging is always blinking. Also one of the batteries has gone down to 10v instead of 12.

My questions are;

1. What could be wrong with the inverter and what is the solution?

2. How can i restore the Battery back to 12v?

3. Can a 800va inverter successfully charge 2 units of 150ah batteries?

4. What is the price range of an external charger?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israel7732: 6:43pm On Nov 06, 2013
kemi, I would like to ask you some questions before answering your questions.
1. did you buy the two batteries at the same store?
2. were the batteries bought as new or fairly used?
3. have you ever separated the batteries? I mean used them for different inverters?
4. is your inverter heavy or light weight?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 11:24pm On Nov 06, 2013
Kemi22: I use a 2kva numeric inverter with 2 units of 150ah vision batteries. The inverter is no longer charging the battery even though the indicator light for charging is always blinking. Also one of the batteries has gone down to 10v instead of 12.

My questions are;

1. What could be wrong with the inverter and what is the solution?

2. How can i restore the Battery back to 12v?

3. Can a 800va inverter successfully charge 2 units of 150ah batteries?

4. What is the price range of an external charger?

From the tone of your message, you must have ise your inverter ober a year? If so the battery that is reading 10v show is bad while the other reading 12volt on charge show a chance of 50 50 for good and bad, replace the bad one with new one and see the hour you achieve. If it hour drop below your expected time like you have been using then change the other one. There are cases where I change one and it works perfecf where there are cases whereby after changing one the perfomance improve little which show the other is bad as well.

But if your inverter is new pls the battery given to you are not good one.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2013
kingdvd:

oneman et al...
i wonder why people nasty experiences with Inverters.
with a runtime of 8hours is ridiculous, to people who have no knowledge of inverters they feel happy wt 8hours.
for me i use 0.8 va Luminous Inverter with one 200ah luminous battery and i can boast of 20hour nonstop runtime wen fully charged. (that is 5 hours runtime daily for four days without PHCN/Gen).
i advice you get a luminous or good inverter and MTN base station batteries and you will experience uninterrupted power supply.
any inverter set up below 15hours is poor! (but dont overload sha) switch off lights/equipment u dont use etc just follow a goo battery management plan.
comments

Inverter uses ageage depend on power management, if you $anage your power well you can run 200amp battery for 3days and if you load up like you are using nepa you will achieve less running hour, but on the avaerage of 3fans, lcd and energy saving up to 10, expect 8 to 10hours thereby

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kingdvd(m): 8:20am On Nov 07, 2013
femiolorun:

Inverter uses ageage depend on power management, if you $anage your power well you can run 200amp battery for 3days and if you load up like you are using nepa you will achieve less running hour, but on the avaerage of 3fans, lcd and energy saving up to 10, expect 8 to 10hours thereby

on the average one Lcd 32inches, one fan, two low energy saving bulbs, i use 20hours, thats wht am saying, if u are using these three appliances and u are getting abt 10hrs then ur are using the wrong inverter/batteries.
trust me

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Kemi22: 9:00am On Nov 07, 2013
israel7732: kemi, I would like to ask you some questions before answering your questions.
1. did you buy the two batteries at the same store?
2. were the batteries bought as new or fairly used?
3. have you ever separated the batteries? I mean used them for different inverters?
4. is your inverter heavy or light weight?

I bought the 2 new batteries same time from a company that install mast for mtn and i have never separated them. My inverter is very light. its Numeric 2kva. i dont overload it. i only place the loads of 2 fans, 3 energy saving bulbs, a laptop and 32 inch tv and sony home theater on it.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 10:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Omotoda & Kemi,,, kindly call 08135031951 now for a lasting solution to your inverter issues ..... Wwe supply, install & fix various type of power inverters

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (168) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.