Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,575 members, 7,934,733 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 12:30 PM

Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him (44498 Views)

"I Thought He Was An Antelope" - Hunter Who Shot Imam Dead (Photo) / Tordue Salem Death: Itoro Cleme, Hit-And-Run Driver Arrested By Police / Ogun Traders Use Bra To Flog Driver Who Hit One Of Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by andyanders: 2:35pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
Most people commenting here don't drive. Look, when you inadvertently knock down a pedestrian or biker, you have a split second to make a decision: If you see in that split second the injury isn't bad, you can stop to offer assistance, if you see the person is dead, then you just have to make a run for it.
It may sound callous, but it is the ugly truth no one wants to admit to. It doesn't mean you don't feel remorse, but it was an accident, you didn't do it deliberately. The person has already died, your stopping to be lynched, killed, sent to prison adds no value to the situation.
This is the hard truth.
My question now is ; how was the police able to found out that he was responsible since it was hit and run?

In another post, it was stated that his wife was contacted to pay #100 mill..

The story is not adding up.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by nedekid: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
Most people commenting here don't drive. Look, when you inadvertently knock down a pedestrian or biker, you have a split second to make a decision: If you see in that split second the injury isn't bad, you can stop to offer assistance, if you see the person is dead, then you just have to make a run for it.
It may sound callous, but it is the ugly truth no one wants to admit to. It doesn't mean you don't feel remorse, but it was an accident, you didn't do it deliberately. The person has already died, your stopping to be lynched, killed, sent to prison adds no value to the situation.
This is the hard truth.
Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Mylordmygod1: 2:36pm On Nov 12, 2021
This story get k leg o.. How was he able to identify someone he hit at night and did not stop to know who the person was? How is he so sure that the person he jammed was the missing reporter?
Naija police done offer this one money to accept waitin him no do make e no be like say them no do their job well..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by emmykk(m): 2:38pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
This is the hard truth.

How did they get him now after one month
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by nedekid: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
DarkCaesar:
If I knock you down in the middle of the night, I will never wait to check if you live or die and will not pass that route for the time being and that saves me from unnecessary police wahala
Sad but that the truth and what most people will do.
You go and report yourself to police and you are treated as a murderer, not even suspect despite it being an accident. Extortion will start.
Even waiting at the scene is enough to cost a person his life as he can be mobbed.
The system in Nigeria discourages people doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Ykc2(m): 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
temitope27:
you hit someone suspecting he is an armed robber, and you didn't report to police, shey u no see say that guy dey craze
so how was he caught?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by ipobarecriminals: 2:42pm On Nov 12, 2021
sad Are u for real? Send me data and get Ur money Sharp sharp
kinggSamuel:
Buy mtn data for as low as N300 for 1 Gb. with ONE MONTH VALIDITY whatsapp 08083545539
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by starstaz(m): 2:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
emmykk:

Someone was declared missing for 30 days.
It was established that those that have him kidnapped contacted his wife on ransom payments.
So what simultaneous equation brought a driver that did hit and run on this matter again. Fear God.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Ola17: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
This is the hard truth.

You sound like a hit and run driver.
How many people have you killed?

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Kimjongun: 2:44pm On Nov 12, 2021
Typical Nigerian, selfish, ruthless and proud without using sense and believing it's smartness.
Now he had killed someone,why can't he avoid him? Or is it a tiny road?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by treatise: 2:46pm On Nov 12, 2021
This guy should be handed to FBI or independent investigator. I nor say FBI for stuff wey happen within America but guy's submission is apparently an afterthought. There's more to it that meets the eyes.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by KingGBsky(m): 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Wait o, let's be honest here. So this man knocked someone with his car since last month and it was yesterday they saw the dead body? Question where did they see the dead body? Which autopsy was carried out to show he was knocked down? If this said driver knocked down someone and ran away to the point of even fixing the car then he is a serial killer.

But wait who we dey deceive?

Does a hit and run body disappear? Not for a day but for a month. Lol

APC Nigeria we hail thee!
So for almost a month the journalist has been missing... now that his body is found the killer is immediately found too. And he said it was a hit and run.
Make una ask government who kill am and stop deceiving us.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by DaughterofWealt: 2:47pm On Nov 12, 2021
This does not add up. I smell a conspiracy here. RIP to the dead.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by temitope27(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
Ykc2:
so how was he caught?
am I the police
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by naija1stnigar(m): 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
This is the hard truth.
I know you have to justify your cruelty but I have seen many claiming responsibility for an accident and the victim was saved even when the chances of survival were slim, so, don't come here to encourage cruelty cos only a heartless person will find himself in such situations and still eat in peace knowing what he just did to a fellow human.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by andyanders: 2:49pm On Nov 12, 2021
emmykk:

Same question I'm asking. Who was at the scene of the crime? Was there a cctv at the scene of the crime to pick the plate number of the car? Can hit and run driver turn himself in just like that after that long in Nigeria?

In another story, it was stated that his wife was contacted to pay #100 mill or her husband would be killed and here we are with a sad news. May his soul RIP
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by InoGetJoy: 2:54pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rochasstatue:
You doubt the story because you would have preferred to see the dead body linked to Buhari or Tinubu.
If police didn't catch the culprit, you will say it's govt.
If police catch and parade the culprit, na lie.
Them pay the man.
All of una dey mad.
Awon sinwi united.
Una father!
We doubt the story because we're sensible. Check out this entire story, does it seem plausible to you?
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by mediainc: 2:55pm On Nov 12, 2021
Conspiracy theorists over to una.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by naija1stnigar(m): 2:57pm On Nov 12, 2021
Anytime an act of wickedness by those in power is about to be busted they quickly make an arrangement for a scapegoat who will bear the immediate burden and after all get away with it if you think am lying ask yourself what happened to the confessed killer of Totulope Arotile the Nigerian Air Force pilot that was busy slaying bandits until she Was arranged for untimely death.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Viraltrends123: 2:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
Naija4love:
angry poverty them done pay this one too cover up something fishy, all this story is not working to me. This guy done enter one big secret story for that house that’s why they...... my God help us in this Contree.. hit and run for this Abuja and they didn’t see the body close to one month ha ha ha there’s God ooooo
LoL, so you can't believe his story because he is igbo. Igbos can kill anyone, isn't it? So funny. You just have to start having an unbiased mind about the government and other tribe for you to think better.
The man speaking actually kidnapped the journalist, but he was just trying to cover up his deeds with lies. Hear where he said he saw the journalist phone on his wind screen. He actually killed the journalist after no ransom was paid, or when the journalist tried to escape, or starved him to death. That's why the body was found just few days later, many people would have seen it if the body was a month old.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Loveknitting: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
DarkCaesar:
If I knock you down in the middle of the night, I will never wait to check if you live or die and will not pass that route for the time being and that saves me from unnecessary police wahala

Wow,

Can you at least wish never to hit anyone ever, talk more if living them to die, omg!
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Tokskob2008: 3:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Did the car hit him up straight to the sky for over a month and his corpse happened to just drop back few days ago

If it was hit and run people in that surrounding would have seen the corpse the next day or what is the NPF taking sensible Nigerians for sef

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by SATANlST: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
akwa ibom , the most heartless idiots in naija
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Viraltrends123: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2021
andyanders:
My question now is ; how was the police able to found out that he was responsible since it was hit and run?

It added up joor,seems you are just hating one the government. He actually kidnapped the journalist, and contacted his wife with his phone. Killed the man few moments before the body was seen. The body would have been seen if it's a month old.
After he was caught he is trying to cover up with lies, see where he said he saw a phone on his wind screen and just discarded it. LOL.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by frowland(m): 3:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
temitope27:
you hit someone suspecting he is an armed robber, and you didn't report to police, shey u no see say that guy dey craze

I haven’t seen anyone who hit someone at night and ran to the Police. Na only for American movie I dey see that one.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by Loveknitting: 3:04pm On Nov 12, 2021
naija1stnigar:
Anytime an act of wickedness by those in power is about to be busted they quickly make an arrangement for a scapegoat who will bear the immediate burden and after all get away with it if you think am lying ask yourself what happened to the confessed killer of Totulope Arotile the Nigerian Air Force pilot that was busy slaying bandits until she Was arranged for untimely death.

Seriously, I don't even know how the suspect that muder that lady looks like or his name, this just too terrible abeg.
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by AlieninPH: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
wonder233:
This is the hard truth.

Thank you, most of the people who post on Nairaland don't have cars.
Same happened to me at Mosogar, Warri, a long time ago. After hitting a pedestrian that unexpectedly ran into my car, i came down. The car behind me stopped and the driver dragged me into his car and told me that I must escape from the scene or be killed by villagers. I quickly entered the vehicle, we drove to Benin straight to police Hq, where I gave myself up to the Police.
To cut a long story short, by the time I came in police convoy back to Sapele, the Sapele boys told me in the presence of the police that their plan was to burn me inside the vehicle, but I was lucky to escape.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Mrsoft3:

Wait o, let's be honest here. So this man knocked someone with his car since last month and it was yesterday they saw the dead body? Question where did they see the dead body? Which autopsy was carried out to show he was knocked down? If this said driver knocked down someone and ran away to the point of even fixing the car then he is a serial killer.

But wait who we dey deceive?
What EXACTLY are you driving at?

It no dey hard una dey see Conspiracy theories everywhere..
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by wonder233: 3:09pm On Nov 12, 2021
Me I wasn't referring to the story per se, I was addressing the issue of driving and hitting someone by mistake
andyanders:

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by wonder233: 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Typical Nigerian, would want to write what is generally acceptable on a public platform. What I wrote is the hard reality. Deal with it.
naija1stnigar:
I know you have to justify your cruelty but I have seen many claiming responsibility for an accident and the victim was saved even when the chances of survival were slim, so, don't come here to encourage cruelty cos only a heartless person will find himself in such situations and still eat in peace knowing what he just did to a fellow human.

1 Like

Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by FlipModeSquade(m): 3:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
DarkCaesar:
He who throws up a stone in the market square..

Might end up with a broken skull..

Hopefully one of your loved ones will be recipient of your unique foresight..

Ohh what lovely day!! grin
Re: Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him by wonder233: 3:17pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thank you my brother. Most people here just want to sound politically correct, when we know the type of society we live in where at any slight instance people want to mete jungle justice on you without even taking into cognizance that it was an accident and that you even voluntarily stopped.
AlieninPH:

Thank you, most of the people who post on Nairaland don't have cars.
Same happened to me at Mosogar, Warri, a long time ago. After hitting a pedestrian that unexpectedly ran into my car, i came down. The car behind me stopped and the driver dragged me into his car and told me that I must escape from the scene or be killed by villagers. I quickly entered the vehicle, we drove to Benin straight to police Hq, where I gave myself up to the Police.
To cut a long story short, by the time I came in police convoy back to Sapele, the Sapele boys told me in the presence of the police that their plan was to burn me inside the vehicle, but I was lucky to escape.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ogun Monarch: Oba Ayinde Odetola Burnt To Ashes In His Car (Photo) / Rufai Oseni Vs Benjamin Hundeyin / Dooyum Vanessa: Benue Girl Missing (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.