Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,233 members, 7,880,885 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 08:36 AM

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? (22871 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by oilmane(m): 8:39pm On Nov 13, 2021
[quote author=Iyaebe post=107580951]That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding

Please show me proof from the bible, how did Moses get married? What about Isaac? The only bible recorded in the new testament was not celebrated in the synagogue so where did you get that from? White wedding is borrowed from the white folks and it is not biblical. Show proof if I'm wrong
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Tonyblessed(m): 8:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.

Who told you that? Anything not in the scripture and ordained by Christ is false. Jesus attended a traditional wedding. Isaac got married traditional.. And Paul who wrote most of the new testament did not specify such. Get your facts right?

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Tryon4(m): 8:42pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding

In the traditional marriage, do they make vow to deities or shrines? The earlier we understand life, the better for us. Do church wedding if you can but don't come here to condemn whose did traditional marriage and move in with his wife mostly because of limited resources
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Saorchy(m): 8:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
I beg to disagree with you. the so-called White Wedding is the white man's traditional marriage. this is part of the reasons why our culture is going extinct.
Iyaebe:
All of you men going to pay only bride price and postponing the rest are just looking for ticket to free sex.She's fully your wife and free to move in with you only after church wedding.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by jcross19: 8:47pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding
where is in the bible that man and woman are making vpw before God?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by jamesharryson(m): 8:49pm On Nov 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
She was Absolutely right! That is How it is meant to be.

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
Culture cannot substitute the Place of the Church.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

That is Exactly what happened for my sisters.

These things are known right from the introduction.
No dey deceive urself o
Which body of Christ are u really talking about?
The whites that introduced church, do they do traditional wedding too?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by edoairways: 8:50pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
Do you have bible verse to back this ( strong one at that)
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by shadeyinka(m): 8:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
BabaIbo:
This post is for intending grooms.

I made this post because it was one of the major reasons I parted with my ex(it was a serious relationship) few years ago, then I wasn't financially stable as I am now, so my decision was inline with my capability then. She told me she won't move in with me unless I do church wedding even after the trad. and she was serious about it. She wasn't ready to reason with me.

Considering the fact that majority of the men( those within the marriageable age range and above but are not financially stable enough to run everything at once) have the plan of doing the white wedding first, later on do the church wedding when they are more financially stable.

This led me to running a check recently and I find out that in some homes or families, they don't allow their daughters to move in with their husbands even after the men have paid their bride prices, until the church(or white) wedding has been done.

Dear single men, what do you think about this?
Can you cope with it until you're ready for your church wedding?

To the married ones, did you experience this?
How were you able to handle it?

MODs, please do the needful.
Finish your marriage rites before living with your wife.

If the traditional wedding is your final wedding rite, your wife should move in with you
HOWEVER
If the traditional wedding is NOT your final wedding rite, your wife should then not move in with you

Finish your marriage rite first
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by edoairways: 8:55pm On Nov 13, 2021
Righteousness2:

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

Let me ask you some few questions and I need some honest response.
1. The wedding at Galilee, was is done in synagogue or at the house of the bride?
2. Is there any strong bible verse that supports wedding at the church?
3. Did the men of faith had their weddings in the synagogue?
4. The westerners who introduced wedding, do they observe two weddings?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Abbeywondrous(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
After traditional wedding, your wife is fully yours!

Other weddings are ex cetera! cool
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by airsaylongcome: 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:

Is this from a legal position? Or your opinion?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by tunize(m): 8:59pm On Nov 13, 2021
Question is what is Churching wedding? Officially even the bible recognizes and endorses traditional marriage.

If the church wedding is so important then why not just go to the church and then go home without doing the traditional stuff? "If you try am na curse self"

The only key important thing I still see interesting about church wedding is the fact that some churches tends to make you go through some essential stuff like genotype, blood group, hiv test etc. Which if not for the church, some ignorant persons are not so concerned about vital issues like this, Dem go tell you say na love.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
Ticket ke...You are not aware some people bleep the hell out of themselves before moving to next level to pay bride price sef..

The traditional wedding is the authentic wedding, which is more of paying dowry...After that, the lady must follow her man to his ancestral home, to be welcomed by her man's people, both physically and spiritually..

I know we are in digital age, but tradition must be tradition...We don't even know when and where we complicate life by just following the herd mentality.

With this your way of reasoning atimes, you will frustrate a man who decided to make you his partner.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by jaxxy(m): 9:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:

Traditional and court is still ok. Church is to please the crowd. Lol

Bt asfar as I’m concerned marriage is about the family giving out the gal not about the church or court or whoever.

If the family or guardian has given the approval and formalities even if we do it it a garden or on a yacht with few friends and witnesses we are married. I don’t care what anybody thinks. undecided
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 9:06pm On Nov 13, 2021
Peace081:
Once you've paid her bride price, na you get her be that
100% period!.. grin
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2021
Munzy14:

100% period!.. grin

E go better make una do everything the same day. Wedding by day, and trad/reception by evening. Onye richaa, ya lawa.
Na the new style now. E dey save stress, and cut costs.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by cooooooks(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
Go to court, get married. Everything else is unnecessary.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by izuu20(m): 9:12pm On Nov 13, 2021
That vows before God is the most important after bride price, so you are only fully and truly married after church wedding..

Says who?.. Any biblical back up or just that your pastor is telling you otherwise?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by aliasdueprocess: 9:14pm On Nov 13, 2021
After the traditional rites,I'm taking you straight to my house.if my pastor like let him not do the rituals
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by cooooooks(m): 9:17pm On Nov 13, 2021
This is a forum. Everything is everyone's opinion. Never take things serious.
airsaylongcome:

Is this from a legal position? Or your opinion?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by cooooooks(m): 9:19pm On Nov 13, 2021
Couples should decide on ONE legal marriage.

Do that one and continue your life.

BabaIbo:

I made this post because it was one of the major reasons I parted with my ex(it was a serious relationship) few years ago, then I wasn't financially stable as I am now, so my decision was inline with my capability then. She told me she won't move in with me unless I do church wedding even after the trad. and she was serious about it. She wasn't ready to reason with me.

Considering the fact that majority of the men( those within the marriageable age range and above but are not financially stable enough to run everything at once) have the plan of doing the white wedding first, later on do the church wedding when they are more financially stable.

This led me to running a check recently and I find out that in some homes or families, they don't allow their daughters to move in with their husbands even after the men have paid their bride prices, until the church(or white) wedding has been done.

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Bubblewitch: 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2021
ednut1:
There should be one wedding which is trad. All these ones are just nonsense and waste of funds
no, court is the major wedding
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Jesuschild: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2021
What you know today as white wedding is the traditional marriage of the white upon which a certificate is issued (statutory). Marriages were contracted by families and not preachers even Jesus attended a marriage and no record shows him joining any couple. Church weddings started when religion was been mixed with governance. Please let's research, the truth is there to make us less ignorant.
Righteousness2:

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Alhajiemeritus: 9:45pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
Your ancestors did church wedding?
Abeg, get out.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Offpoint1: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2021
Righteousness2:

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, free yourself from self inflicted bondage.

Mental slavery is the worst of all slavery because the sufferer is oblivious to it.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by lomprico(m): 9:56pm On Nov 13, 2021
BabaIbo:

I'm not doing 2 weddings! if it's trad that's it. if she does not want it, she ain't my wife.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by lomprico(m): 9:57pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:

says who?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 13, 2021
Righteousness2:

MOG I always respect you posts. Jesus Christ is not left out of most traditional marriages. Most traditional marriages nowadays starts and ends with prayers to God in the name of Jesus Christ. And God is present everywhere. I'm envisaging a situation where marriages can be blessed by the pastor even in the same ceremony as the traditional marriage, they also take their vows there after going through all the church requirements and marriage classes. God is present everywhere. I always find it funny when the couples are asked will you take him or her as your husband or wife even after the traditional marriage.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Bishopino: 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
After my traditional wedding my mother said to me: go and bring your wife let's go, you are not owning them. I went immediately, carry the gal put for motor... Vum.
After some days my mum says: if you decide to do church wedding: good. She can only go to their house, few days to the church wedding and prepare from their. But for now she will be in your home and do the duties of a married woman...

1 Like

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by shantti(m): 10:03pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:

According to what constitution. If the case is taken to a customary court, the groom will win the bride's family hands down
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by ramatintin(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
i disagrees with you once traditional rites are done the woman becomes your wife.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by shantti(m): 10:08pm On Nov 13, 2021
Iyaebe:
Oh,just because of the peanut you paid as bride price is enough to claim somebody's daughter abi. Mtcheww

You sound like an ingrate. You call bride price peanut as if you can afford it if tables were turned. If it's peanut then tell your family not to accept it when it's time for you to get married.

Yes that peanut is enough for him to claim somebody's daughter, you can't eat your cake and have it. Once that peanut is paid the man's decision supercedes that of her father as far as the girl is involved

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do You Resolve Conflicts/disagreements With Your Spouse? / Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.