Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,251 members, 7,880,931 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:30 AM

Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? (22873 Views)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / Would You Return The Money To Your Parents After The Floggings? (Photo) / 22-Year-Old Girl Disowned By Her Parents After Being Released From Prison.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 2:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
Munzy14:

Smh...I mahu m sha.. cheesy

But why ujoor na eji atu kariri umu nwaanyi ma ya bia na umu ihe ndia?

Owuhu ujo.

Ihe no na ilum di na nwaanyi, owudi ihe gbasara nani ha abuo.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by xorojinxx: 2:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:
She was Absolutely right! That is How it is meant to be.

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
Culture cannot substitute the Place of the Church.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

That is Exactly what happened for my sisters.

These things are known right from the introduction.

I'm also a believer in Jesus Christ, so please mention one place in the Bible where church wedding was mentioned?

While you are searching to educate some of us, do check out this link https://www.weddingchaplain.com/post/history-of-church-weddings
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by space9880: 2:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Righteousness2:
She was Absolutely right! That is How it is meant to be.

Except you wanna Deceive yourself,You cannot Profess JESUS Christ and leave that out.
Culture cannot substitute the Place of the Church.
We are Belivers in Christ and until you are wedded before the Body of Christ you don't have a Complete Marriage.

That is Exactly what happened for my sisters.

These things are known right from the introduction.
I thought you had sense
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Automolite: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
This topic just made me recall a former neighbor. After paying bride price and doing traditional wedding, the wife refused to move in for over a year, because they had not done church wedding.
To say i was disappointed is an understatement.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 8:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mariangeles:

Owuhu ujo.

Ihe no na ilum di na nwaanyi, owudi ihe gbasara nani ha abuo.
Abii na...Yes but o nwere ebe di na nwunye ga ekwu ihe ha choro, oto ha shiri choro ya.

Okwa ncheta omumu gi wu 15th ka owu di December?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Drunkdick85(m): 8:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
yuping:

Na you talk am ooo, this table u dey shake sooo

Naso oooo
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by lordally(m): 9:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
ogascomax:

You will need to understand the difference between the old testament and the new testament. The old testament is more about Israel while the new testament is about the Church. You will have to come to the presence of God to bless your marriage. You need to know that you are more a Christian than a traditional man. The Jew rejected Christ because of their tradition.

Kindly point to any place in the New testament to back up your claims!!!
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by lordally(m): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
ogascomax:

The new testament did not really deal with the issue of marriage in a clear terms. But the Bible let us know that when the spirit of truth shall come he shall guide us into all truth and he will teach us all things. Christ is also our wisdom. Through the wisdom of God we understand some things or subject that are not actually stated in the scripture that is why we have the Holy spirit. When Paul speaks about marriage in Corinthians he did not deal with the process rather than encouraging singles to either get married or remain single.

So you won add wetin no dey for Bible Baba take time ooo!!
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Ifebazz(m): 2:59am On Nov 15, 2021
BabaIbo:
This post is for intending grooms.

I made this post because it was one of the major reasons I parted with my ex(it was a serious relationship) few years ago, then I wasn't financially stable as I am now, so my decision was inline with my capability then. She told me she won't move in with me unless I do church wedding even after the trad. and she was serious about it. She wasn't ready to reason with me.
Considering the fact that majority of the men( those within the marriageable age range and above but are not financially stable enough to run everything at once) have the plan of doing the white wedding first, later on do the church wedding when they are more financially stable.

This led me to running a check recently and I find out that in some homes or families, they don't allow their daughters to move in with their husbands even after the men have paid their bride prices, until the church(or white) wedding has been done.

Dear single men, what do you think about this?
Can you cope with it until you're ready for your church wedding?

To the married ones, did you experience this?
How were you able to handle it?

MODs, please do the needful.

Nigerians are actually plain intelligent by half. This religion we carry on our heads so, hmmm. Why do we always want to be more Christian than Christ himself? Oyibo people dey do African native/ traditional wedding? So why marry one woman twice in the name of Christianity?
The so called white wedding is the traditional wedding of the whites, I don't see them duplicating that ceremony but here, if possible, for any stupid reason we can have three ceremonial weddings sef.
As far as I know, the only wedding (valid) as Africans is the one that involves paying of bride price. All these churchous things is a figment of poor quality imagination.
If the church (white wedding) is that important, do away with the traditional one. Any girl or family who prevents their daughters from being with a man who has lawfully married (paid her bride price) is evil and should be abstained from. I so move.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Abii na...Yes but o nwere ebe di na nwunye ga ekwu ihe ha choro, oto ha shiri choro ya.

Okwa ncheta omumu gi wu 15th ka owu di December?

True.

Owu ya.
Happy new week.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

True.

Owu ya.
Happy new week.
Today?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 8:59am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Today?

Mba. Next month.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 9:05am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

Mba. Next month.
Thats cool...it crossed my mind yesterday, I was thinking na owu this month...

December ndi amuru n'oge oriri cheesy
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 9:09am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Thats cool...it crossed my mind yesterday, I was thinking na owu this month...

December ndi amuru n'oge oriri cheesy

December born are many in my family, so our celebration for the season usually starts early.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 9:17am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

December born are many in my family, so our celebration for the season usually starts early.
Interesting!

I wonder how couples do it...Same as french footballer griezman..All his kids born same month or so.

My family wu interval of two months except nke last that follows second.

Mpa..nov
Mu...jan
2nd..march.
Last...April.
3rd...june
Mma..August.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 9:23am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Interesting!

I wonder how couples do it...Same as french footballer griezman..All his kids born same month or so.

My family wu interval of two months except nke last that follows second.

Mpa..nov
Mu...jan
2nd..march.
Last...April.
3rd...june
Mma..August.

I wonder how they do it o. cheesy

Sometimes, I just wonder how my mum kept having babies in the month of December. grin
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 9:36am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

I wonder how they do it o. cheesy

Sometimes, I just wonder how my mum kept having babies in the month of December. grin
Definitely from nice planing...it means the woman took in around feb/march/April..Then carry it through the cool raining seasonings, and come down in the cooler dry season.

It is seriously stressful seeing pregnant women in the hotter part of the year...Jan- March..The heat is extreme.

O diro easy sha. But worth it.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 10:12am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Definitely from nice planing...it means the woman took in around feb/march/April..Then carry it through the cool raining seasonings, and come down in the cooler dry season.

It is seriously stressful seeing pregnant women in the hotter part of the year...Jan- March..The heat is extreme.

O diro easy sha. But worth it.

I gbakuo la ya! grin
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 10:42am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

I gbakuo la ya! grin
O wu nu ya.. grin

I wouldn't want that stress for my woman sha..

I remember dating a lady cramps ya na di severe, i hu m mgbe afo na ata ya eeh, I just look helpless knowing fully well their is Notting I can do....Mpia ya aka n'afo, me ebute cold Ice tukwasa ya n'afo....Oyi mawa ya nga eeh, I go any length to help o..Same with mma m na mpa m....

Remembering the situations then was touchy...Umu nwaanyi chukwu kere ihe ebe unu nor o.

It is stupidity trying to hate women sha.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 11:24am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

O wu nu ya.. grin

I wouldn't want that stress for my woman sha..

I remember dating a lady cramps ya na di severe, i hu m mgbe afo na ata ya eeh, I just look helpless knowing fully well their is Notting I can do....Mpia ya aka n'afo, me ebute cold Ice tukwasa ya n'afo....Oyi mawa ya nga eeh, I go any length to help o..Same with mma m na mpa m....

Remembering the situations then was touchy...Umu nwaanyi chukwu kere ihe ebe unu nor o.

It is stupidity trying to hate women sha.

She never used pain killers?
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 11:27am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

She never used pain killers?
Hers defy all pain killers according to her..It was scary then o...
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 11:35am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Hers defy all pain killers according to her..It was scary then o...

I doubt.
She probably didn't know the drugs that would've worked for her.

Some use diclofenac, some use piroxicam or even ibuprofen. What works for one might not work for the other.
You just have to figure out what works for you.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

I doubt.
She probably didn't know the drugs that would've worked for her.

Some use diclofenac, some use piroxicam or even ibuprofen. What works for one might not work for the other.
You just have to figure out what works for you.
I feel she didn't identify what works for her well, or ya wuru na otu gara m ashi then. lipsrsealed
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 11:51am On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

I feel she didn't identify what works for her well, or ya wuru na otu gara m ashi then. lipsrsealed

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Udi gi manu I le nwaanyi anya n'ihu na wu ndi umu nwaanyi na a ghogbuli. grin
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha grin

Udi gi manu I le nwaanyi anya n'ihu na wu ndi umu nwaanyi na a ghogbuli. grin
Lol..

I didn't bother to question further, o wunu ya nuga ufu the pain na...o wu m grin

Mu nwa ji na adi open in whatever I am doing, so Nwaanyi tuwa ashi, onwe ya ka o mege...maka I will lose interest very quick.

I don't even expect much..

And, onwehu nwoke nwaanyi na aga hu a ghogbuli o...She only need to capitalize on your care for her.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 1:39pm On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Lol..

I didn't bother to question further, o wunu ya nuga ufu the pain na...o wu m grin

Mu nwa ji na adi open in whatever I am doing, so Nwaanyi tuwa ashi, onwe ya ka o mege...maka I will lose interest very quick.

I don't even expect much..

And, onwehu nwoke nwaanyi na aga hu a ghogbuli o...She only need to capitalize on your care for her.

Owuhucha nghogbu sha...most times, o na wukari inyanga cheesy

When a man loves a woman, she basks in and takes full advantage of the attention.
Na mumu dey form strong woman all the the time.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 2:06pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

Owuhucha nghogbu sha...most times, o na wukari inyanga cheesy

When a man loves a woman, she basks in and takes full advantage of the attention.
Na mumu dey form strong woman all the the time.
Okwa ya? cheesy true sha...

Nwoke formu ga strong head, wu onye na hu behu o di n'obi ya....Ya hu ya, ones in while a woman will become a girl.. cheesy metu iyanga ntakiri..

Ije nwoke na nwaanyi wu understanding...mana ya towa uto si wepu aghugho.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

Okwa ya? cheesy true sha...

Nwoke formu ga strong head, wu onye na hu behu o di n'obi ya....Ya hu ya, ones in while a woman will become a girl.. cheesy metu iyanga ntakiri..

Ije nwoke na nwaanyi wu understanding...mana ya towa uto si wepu aghugho.

Inyanga na nghogbu di n'iche.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 2:29pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

Inyanga na nghogbu di n'iche.
O wuhu umu Nwaanyi n'ile mere understand the way you do na.

Many na eji nghogbu a mix up inyanga...

Overdoing it is the worst... undecided
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 3:19pm On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

O wuhu umu Nwaanyi n'ile mere understand the way you do na.

Many na eji nghogbu a mix up inyanga...

Overdoing it is the worst... undecided

Some men like them that way na. cheesy

My sister told me her boss' wife calls him at work to order her breakfast almost everyday, while she's at home. undecided
Then another that sits on the stairs after work, then waits for her husband to carry her upstairs because she's pregnant. grin

O nwere ndi umu nwoke umu nwaanyi pipipi na'a mashi o. It makes them feel powerful in some kind of way I guess.
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Munzy14(m): 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Mariangeles:

Some men like them that way na. cheesy

My sister told me her boss' wife calls him at work to order her breakfast almost everyday, while she's at home. undecided
Then another that sits on the stairs after work, then waits for her husband to carry her upstairs because she's pregnant. grin

O nwere ndi umu nwoke umu nwaanyi pipipi na'a mashi o. It makes them feel powerful in some kind of way I guess.
grin
Inukwa! Nwaanyi no n'ulo, si m zutara ya breakfast, no be juju be that cheesy

Mu nwa kwesiri i choro way sneak out from work, to go and eat the sumptuous meal she made lipsrsealed

I understand ones in a while treat/pampering di mkpa, ma owuhu udi nke everyday a biko...

A time I visited my Uncle, nwunye ya ka na akwado ishi nri, ya kpowa my uncle si ya zutara m mu na my cousin nri outside kanyi tachie osa tupu ya eshicha nri grin at least nke a di understandable...

Onye nke pregnancy a to gbuo lam na ochi grin grin ihe umu nwaanyi na eme anyi during pregnancy wu chizoba anyi.. grin nke a di funny and lovely sha.

Ma ndi nke na abia with weird appetite/craving in the dead night.. grin
Re: Will You Allow Her To Stay With Her Parents, After Trad Without Church Wedding? by Mariangeles(f): 4:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
Munzy14:

grin
Inukwa! Nwaanyi no n'ulo, si m zutara ya breakfast, no be juju be that cheesy

Mu nwa kwesiri i choro way sneak out from work, to go and eat the sumptuous meal she made lipsrsealed

Owu ije love. Inukwa! grin

Owu nani sneak out na sumptuous meal... grin
Jikerekwa obi gi o, maka na ihe I chere ma gi luo nwaanyi nwere ike I wuru the opposite. Maka adi a ma-ama. cheesy

Udi nke ahu ka mma’m ga si “ ‘ke a mege pipipi otee(otu a), I ga e bulikwa?” grin

I understand ones in a while treat/pampering di mkpa, ma owuhu udi nke everyday a biko...

A time I visited my Uncle, nwunye ya ka na akwado ishi nri, ya kpowa my uncle si ya zutara m mu na my cousin nri outside kanyi tachie osa tupu ya eshicha nri grin at least nke a di understandable...

Onye nke pregnancy a to gbuo lam na ochi grin grin ihe umu nwaanyi na eme anyi during pregnancy wu chizoba anyi.. grin nke a di funny and lovely sha.

Ma ndi nke na abia with weird appetite/craving in the dead night.. grin

Jikere! O dihukwa nfe. cheesy
O wuhu ya ruo echi ugbu a, gi si “nobody told me about all these” cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ten Steps To Better Self-esteem / A Nairalander Wedding Anniversary Family Pictures / Losing My Dad & Dealing With Lazy Relatives: My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.