Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,398 members, 7,947,673 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 06:35 AM

My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily (43589 Views)

Nigerian Lady Goes To Church With A Gun (Photos) / My Experience Inside A Beer Parlour In Lagos / Pastor Alph Lukau Resurrection Of A Dead Man: Funeral Parlour To Sue Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by muheeb01(m): 5:21pm On Nov 14, 2021
He's even better like that than him drinking it secretly,your pastor isn't a hypocrite....it's now left to your church members to let him reduce I or curb him from drinking it publicly
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by seyz91(m): 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
:Dna thesame thing

he had to say it indirectly
temitope27:
U re losing members, abi u re losing money
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by PointZerom: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

So, we always have a new pastor almost every four or five years.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

We are currently loosing members on a daily basis, and i'm not happy with it.

Stop sponsoring fake posts to spite the church of God. If truly your headquarter church posted him, the best thing for you to do is to report him to the church authority to withdraw him not to come here.
I know that you're an atheist but be guided.

1 Like

Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by InvertedHammer: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

I will not call the name of my church for some reasons, but my church is that type that dosn't have a parmanent pastor.

Recently, a new pastor was transfered to us, this my new pastor is very good when it comes to preaching the word of God, and things that helps in the development of a church.. infact, so many good things have been going 'on' in my church since his arrival.

But the problem is that, he is that kind of pastor with swag, He goes to beer parlour to drink, he can go to gathering to play draft, (imaging the kind of people u see in a beer parlour of draft gathering), and because of this things he does, some people (expecially other churches) use it against us the members..

People we be like, una pastor wey dey drink beer.. And we don't even know how we can deffend him or ourself when we are being attacked by these people..

/

Don't blame the pastor.

Una problem too much for one man. grin grin

/
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Babalegba(m): 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
southpole:
Not all wines, some wines are non-alcoholic
I meant generally. Don't be pedantic. Some beer like kalibre in the UK are alcohol free
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Oblongata: 5:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
With all these wahala Una president done put for our head so which pastor no go drink beer? Nothing fit surprise me for this naija again please.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by LollySeaSide: 5:27pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Alex, so you are the one reporting me all this while!
I should have known.
Now you are taking my case to social media.
Continue.
See that choir girl you sneak in the night to fornicate with, I'll burst it next Sunday. You think I don't know.
Don't worry, I won't go to the beer parlour to drink again. Henceforth, I'll have the drinks brought to my house.
Remember I told you people during my first service that hypocrites will not like my style.
It's happening already. All the pretenders will leave one after the other. You can join them if you like.
I have come to preach the gospel of Christ not to preach the expectations of men.
Know this, and know peace.
Shalom!
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by APCNig: 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:

Ssshhhhh!

No be everything person dey talk. You no fit keep secret?
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by peacemara54(m): 5:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
I guess it's all this kind of worldly ministries calling themselves church and christain.. people who goes to marine kingdom to get power or in the air to look for power. Those ones are not Christians and not church but occultism gatherings.

Check the history and foundation of what you called church. Is it founded on the true gospel of the lord Lord Jesus? Which is repentance from sin, restitution, sanctification and holy ghost baptism? It's possible you found yourself in a wrong gathering.

A true child of God who is genuinely saved from the life of sin and believe in the Lord, washed in the blood of the Lamb whose desire is to get to heaven on the last day will never go to bar to drink or play with unbelievers.

It's a sign that your pastor is just religious but has no Jesus as his Lord and personal saviour. He is a sinner who still wallows in his sin. A lot of churches today has people on pulpit who are just religious and sinful but not saved.

It's better you escape for your life. If you dont want to go to hell and if you truly desire to serve God and make heaven, look for a bible believing church that will lead you to salvation and a continuous life of holiness without which no man shall see God
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Toks2008(m): 5:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Ignorant people everywhere.
Drinking alcohol is not a sin as long as you don't get drunk.

But he for use a little discretion by not going to beer parlour.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by fidel2(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Just because he is exhibiting his real self makes you guys wonna crucify d real man dat he is...?? I will like to attend such a church as long as he doesn't go around sleeping with people's wives and children.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by 001spice: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Mr man be careful o. 1- you hide the name of the church. Wetin u come wan make we do abeg carry your story go beer parlor joint they may have a better opinion for you and your shayo pastor
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
Those who are running from the church are hypocrites.

Sinners. undecided
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Oshogboofficial(m): 5:41pm On Nov 14, 2021
End time
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Elidrisy20: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
If you come see am for ashawo villa nkor?
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by anu3: 5:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Someone who should not be in such position:

Titus.1.7 - For a bishop must be blameless, as a steward of God, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money,

If you can't change Him, he will change you and others...

Matt.15.14 - Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch."

AND
2Thess.3.6 - But WE COMMAND YOU, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you WITHDRAW from every brother who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.

And we got to be changed too... Ours may not be wine, but worse private sins. Let's remove the Logs in own eyes first.

God bless
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by ShitStain(m): 5:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Living faith
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by iadelola77(m): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2021
emorse:

Because many church goers are hypocrites. Can you hep me dig it out please?

The main passages outlining the qualifications of a pastor/elder/overseer/bishop are found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9; both of which are nearly identical lists. The few qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 (NKJV) entail the following character qualifications for someone who is being considered as pastoral leader in the church:

“must be blameless” – The words “must be” are included, stressing the fact that what follows is absolutely necessary. Being “blameless” (“above reproach”) literally means “not to be held” in a criminal sense. This is the most important character qualification for the pastor, and the list of qualifications that follow elaborates on what it means to be “blameless.” There is to be no unrepentant sin that can be publicly named or pointed to in which the church or civil community is aware of. It doesn’t mean he is sinless or has never sinned, but that he can’t be held in contempt, either criminally, morally, socially, or ethically.

“sober-minded” – He is to be a serious man who knows how to order his priorities.

“of good behavior” – Means to be “orderly”…as opposed to being chaotic or disorganized.

“not given to wine” – Not a regular drinker of alcohol. The pastor must never consume alcohol because he could be called on at any time of the day or night to perform his duties and, therefore, his judgment must never be clouded by alcohol.

“must have a good testimony among those who are outside” – A pastor must have a good reputation with the surrounding community he lives and ministers in, particularly when it comes to unbelievers. Although non-Christians may disagree with his morals or spiritual beliefs, he must be respected as an honest, caring person (a good testimony).
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by iadelola77(m): 5:56pm On Nov 14, 2021
The main passages outlining the qualifications of a pastor/elder/overseer/bishop are found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9; both of which are nearly identical lists. The few qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 (NKJV) entail the following character qualifications for someone who is being considered as pastoral leader in the church:

“must be blameless” – The words “must be” are included, stressing the fact that what follows is absolutely necessary. Being “blameless” (“above reproach”) literally means “not to be held” in a criminal sense. This is the most important character qualification for the pastor, and the list of qualifications that follow elaborates on what it means to be “blameless.” There is to be no unrepentant sin that can be publicly named or pointed to in which the church or civil community is aware of. It doesn’t mean he is sinless or has never sinned, but that he can’t be held in contempt, either criminally, morally, socially, or ethically.

“sober-minded” – He is to be a serious man who knows how to order his priorities.

“of good behavior” – Means to be “orderly”…as opposed to being chaotic or disorganized.

“not given to wine” – Not a regular drinker of alcohol. The pastor must never consume alcohol because he could be called on at any time of the day or night to perform his duties and, therefore, his judgment must never be clouded by alcohol.

“must have a good testimony among those who are outside” – A pastor must have a good reputation with the surrounding community he lives and ministers in, particularly when it comes to unbelievers. Although non-Christians may disagree with his morals or spiritual beliefs, he must be respected as an honest, caring person (a good testimony).
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by hardon1(m): 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
Thats why i like catholic church, we drink with our priests grin grin grin grin
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by goodman5(m): 6:01pm On Nov 14, 2021
I like that kind man of God, then all these hypocrite god of men
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Elvisod: 6:02pm On Nov 14, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-qMCMDLFbs

Don't miss out on....
*LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by osazsky(m): 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

is alchohol a sin
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Obynolee(f): 6:09pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

Can you tell me where the Bible said you should not drink beer?,.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by uchdavinci: 6:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
Old members needs to leave so new ones can come in... he wants to convert those at the bar.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by lavendo16: 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2021
grin
temitope27:
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Truvelisback(m): 6:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Hello nairalanders.

When it comes to the issue of Men of God, one has to be very careful, especially when he is ur pastor. Judging him or speaking evil abt him can be disastrous. Don't judge him, rather pray for him.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by emorse(m): 6:32pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ayo081:
To all those in support of the Man and also going to the extent of quoting scriptures: I have a question.

-- Would the Pastor fail to function properly if he doesn't drink?
Has drinking made him fail to function properly? It swings both ways bro.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by Caseless: 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Davash222:
Brother Timothy advised us in the Bible to be taking small Wine cos of our stomach.

My Rev Father takes Stout during Church bazaars.
Christianity ehn... grin grin

Wine means alcohol literally... You guys are funny.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by JudeAfoo(m): 6:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
On these sort of issues, you won't see other religions attacking Christians. It is the Christians, instead of supporting one another that would by bazooka to bring down the other church.
Re: My New Pastor Goes To The Beer Parlour To Drink; Now We're Loosing Members Daily by eagleonearth(m): 6:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Gee64:
What example?
Hypocrisy?

The Pastor has the right to drink moderately anywhere even in the marketplace.

Alcohol mentally stimulates the brain and sometimes inspires one to be more courageous to preach the gospel to the lost sheep.
Listen, Jesus was seen amongst Sinners because according to him, it was because of them he came. Not for 'those who are well'

The Pastor simply has a game plan to win souls at the beer palour.

The Church is simply full of hypocrites who make up the present generation of wicked Nigerians.
when you're brewing in a pub and preaching to a fellow brewer, he won't take you seriously.

Second, courage that alcohol gives is called Dutch courage, not from God and the only thing needed to carry out a spiritual activity is spiritual courage, empowerment and motivation. Moderate alcohol is good for the body once in a while but how many people have such discipline to take a bottle of stout and be ok no matter how many crates available to them??

Third: alcohol lowers our inhibitors so a pastor or a role model can talk or behave carelessly under the influence of alcohol which will paint a bad image of the church and discourage babes in the Christian faith

Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija Preaches The Gospel On Streets Of Lagos (Video) / Dunsin Oyekan Survives Ghastly Accident (Photos, Video) / Juan Hugo's Testimony Of Heaven & Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.