Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,529 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:34 PM

I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba (1608 Views)

Who Do You Think Is The Best Performing Governor So Far / My First 100 Days As Governor of Lagos - GRV / Why Sanusi Was Removed As Kano Emir – State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by kaydee007(m): 6:58pm On Nov 14, 2021
THE governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress APC, in the just concluded Anambra State election, Senator Andy Uba has recalled how he was removed as governor by the Supreme Court of Nigeria after 17 days in office, insisting that the current development about the 2021 election won’t hurt him.

Addressing APC members in Awka, Uba however said he had reviewed the outcome of the November 6, poll and resolved that there were enough grounds to challenge the declaration of Professor Chukwuma Soludo, the candidate of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, as the winner of the election.

After an internal debriefing by the party and the campaign organization, Uba and the top echelon of APC led by the state chairman, Chief Basil Ejidike said they discovered that besides having enough grounds to challenge the declaration of Professor Soludo as governor-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the entire election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the rules governing such exercise.

He expressed profound gratitude to members of the party, the campaign team and Anambra people, pointing out that though he never took politics or quest for political office as ‘a do or die’ venture, he would nonetheless always follow the dictates of the law in seeking redress

He said: “I will start by thanking God who kept us all alive throughout the campaign and the election. Let me once again thank everyone that contributed to this election in one way or the other. Your efforts were not in doubt and I thank you all.

“We will, however, be heading to court with the discoveries we have, which show that the declaration of Soludo as the governor-elect is faulty.

“As governor, I was removed after 17 days of being sworn in by the Supreme Court of Nigeria and I did not die. So, the current development won’t hurt me. Power belongs to God and Him alone determines who he will entrust it to.

“Preliminary investigations showed that there were sufficient grounds for us and the party to challenge the declaration of the APGA candidate, Soludo as winner of the election by INEC and the ideal thing to do in the face of such discovery, is to approach the tribunal for redress”

The state chairman of APC, Chief Basis Ejidike also explained that the decision to seek judicial redress was, perhaps, the surest way to ensure that those who engineered the electoral heist of November 6, 2021 did not enjoy the fruits of their perfidy.

“Ndi Anambra and the world at large would bear testimony to the fact that, on the eve of the election, the outgoing Governor Willie Obiano administration had, through its Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. C. Don Adinuba, told everyone that the APC had written results of 10 local government areas

“Unknown to us, however, that false alarm was aimed at deflecting attention from the manipulation of the BVAS machine by APGA and a top official of INEC..

“We are, therefore, heading to court. APGA and INEC are aware that they compromised during the election and we have evidences to challenge INEC’s declaration in the court of law,” Ejidike said.

Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by vanbonattel: 6:59pm On Nov 14, 2021
grin cheesy
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by Bleiz(m): 7:07pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hahahaha
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by bergs2: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2021
Joke!!!

Conduct this election a million time,
Andy is gonna fail.
Infact, his performance would only decline by the count(A logarithmic decay)

2 Likes

Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2021
This man does not have Anambra and Anambrarians at heart, he just want to settle some political scores.

Uba brothers are bad market to Anambra as a state.

3 Likes

Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by LibertyRep: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2021
It is his right to seek redress in the court.

No one should begrudge him on this.

This is how to strengthen our democracy.
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by bjdon: 7:23pm On Nov 14, 2021
I see another 'Supreme Court' governor loading. If Amachi could be declared governor when he did not even contest, then anything can happen in Nigerian courts!
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by triple996(m): 7:33pm On Nov 14, 2021
NO ELECTION IN BIAFRALAND grin
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by sammybest889(m): 7:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
*****TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN*****

,“As governor, I was removed after 17 days of being sworn in
by the Supreme Court of Nigeria and I did not die.

Abeg dis part off me

ha ha ha ha ahhhhhh ah ah ah ah ah ah
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by Oksman(m): 9:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
kaydee007:
THE governorship candidate of All Progressives Congress APC, in the just concluded Anambra State election, Senator Andy Uba has recalled how he was removed as governor by the Supreme Court of Nigeria after 17 days in office, insisting that the current development about the 2021 election won’t hurt him.

Addressing APC members in Awka, Uba however said he had reviewed the outcome of the November 6, poll and resolved that there were enough grounds to challenge the declaration of Professor Chukwuma Soludo, the candidate of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, as the winner of the election.

After an internal debriefing by the party and the campaign organization, Uba and the top echelon of APC led by the state chairman, Chief Basil Ejidike said they discovered that besides having enough grounds to challenge the declaration of Professor Soludo as governor-elect by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the entire election was not conducted in substantial compliance with the rules governing such exercise.

He expressed profound gratitude to members of the party, the campaign team and Anambra people, pointing out that though he never took politics or quest for political office as ‘a do or die’ venture, he would nonetheless always follow the dictates of the law in seeking redress

He said: “I will start by thanking God who kept us all alive throughout the campaign and the election. Let me once again thank everyone that contributed to this election in one way or the other. Your efforts were not in doubt and I thank you all.

“We will, however, be heading to court with the discoveries we have, which show that the declaration of Soludo as the governor-elect is faulty.

“As governor, I was removed after 17 days of being sworn in by the Supreme Court of Nigeria and I did not die. So, the current development won’t hurt me. Power belongs to God and Him alone determines who he will entrust it to.

“Preliminary investigations showed that there were sufficient grounds for us and the party to challenge the declaration of the APGA candidate, Soludo as winner of the election by INEC and the ideal thing to do in the face of such discovery, is to approach the tribunal for redress”

The state chairman of APC, Chief Basis Ejidike also explained that the decision to seek judicial redress was, perhaps, the surest way to ensure that those who engineered the electoral heist of November 6, 2021 did not enjoy the fruits of their perfidy.

“Ndi Anambra and the world at large would bear testimony to the fact that, on the eve of the election, the outgoing Governor Willie Obiano administration had, through its Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. C. Don Adinuba, told everyone that the APC had written results of 10 local government areas

“Unknown to us, however, that false alarm was aimed at deflecting attention from the manipulation of the BVAS machine by APGA and a top official of INEC..

“We are, therefore, heading to court. APGA and INEC are aware that they compromised during the election and we have evidences to challenge INEC’s declaration in the court of law,” Ejidike said.

This man is funny. Anambra is a state that PDP has not been able to remove is it APC that has no structure that can unseat them. Today their Publicity Secretary congratulated Soludo, and he was fired cheesy cheesy what is Andy looking for?

1 Like

Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by saintmm(m): 11:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
He's already a billionaire, so there's enough money to waste.
Lawyers must do their job so as to earn their wages.
People needs to see him fight to the end so as to retain their loyalty
He needs to shake the winner by that so as to let him know that he's not a pushover, then political settlement follows after all it's a business.
In all, the people suffers because non of the ubahs, Soludo, maduka and all really have anambra at heart, it's just a game of outwitting one another via the people.

I rise
Re: I Was Removed After 17 Days As Governor, So This Development Won’t Me– Andy Uba by Doubleoh7: 6:40am On Nov 15, 2021
Oga if you like pursue this case to ECOWAS court or ICC, you have been roundly rejected by your people and if INEC conducts this election 10x you won't still win. But if your plan is to obtain another Imo-like supreme Court judgement, we will see how that plays out for everyone

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Muhammadu Buhari Handwriting. Hit Or Miss? / Fashola, Tinubu’s Joker Against Osinbajo, Fayemi, Others / How Hope Uzodinma Hijacked Peter Obi's Labour Party In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.