Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,780 members, 7,875,937 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:32 AM

How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? (632 Views)

Okorocha: 'Igbos Will Lose More If Nigeria Breaks Up' / Oluwo Akanbi: South-West Will Suffer If Nigeria Breaks Now / Obasanjo: If Nigeria Breaks Up, Minority Groups Will Be Exterminated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by OkayBye: 4:08pm On Nov 15, 2021
Please, I'm not a Unity begger as some nairalanders call it grin but I wish this post can be pushed to the front page so that people will understand why we are good together as "one" and also work together to choose "better" leaders.

So yesterday evening, I went to play "Ayo" game and as usual, many people were there including guys within my age. Then, one man brought up Igboho's issue and how he really wish and pray that Nigeria breaks up. I could not hold it and I said, my only concern is that, Igboho and MNK should be freed and govt should discuss with them on how to move Nigeria forward instead of using stupid force on them and that I'm for one Nigeria.

Omo, na so everybody change am for me o except one guy. So I angrily ask them, how many states can really survive if Nigeria breaks up?.

That question con put more petrol grin
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by OkayBye: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2021
So one man said, Oduduwa Nation will survive that only North will suffer. He said, with the IGR released recently, he's sure that Yoruba Nation will survive. I asked again, how is the IGR generated? Baba said, through tax. So I now told him to use Covid 19 as example...I said, if Nigeria break up today, many people will loose their jobs and many companies will fold up. And that, no foreign investors will even risk investing in such situations. That with even ordinary covid-19, many people are still affected till today. I reminded them that even with the so called IGR that many states still borrow money.

So I concluded that only Lagos state and the oil producing states can survive. We argued till I left around 8pm.

So, Nairaladers, let's go.....

PLEASE NO ATTACKS OR INSULTS... I really wanna learn too and use it to proof my points when I reach there today. grin
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by MITCHELL96: 4:17pm On Nov 15, 2021
The Northern states will survive cos na them full Government, they'll loot more than they have ever did

The eastern state too will survive, cos they're really good in business, I don't know about others undecided

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by gidgiddy: 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
If every state survived before Lord Lugard came to West Africa to create Nigeria, every state can survive when there is no more Nigeria

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by Igbodicool(m): 4:22pm On Nov 15, 2021
Every region will survive anyhow.
Survival is survival.
Nothing on earth is indispensable!

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by SmartPolician: 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't have an answer to your question. However, just know that Nigeria is too complicated to break up.

In fact, people who enrich themselves from the dysfunctional system will raise militia to fight anyone or group that threatens the corporate existence of Nigeria.

The only time Nigeria will break up is when everyone agrees to split it, which is never going to happen. Everyone should know that we will be in this mess for a long time.

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by Mystic216: 4:31pm On Nov 15, 2021
Every state will survive
But north will definitely suffer more as time goes on
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by after4: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Op, water go always fin hem level. Every body will survive. Chad is surviving, Niger, Sudan, Haiti and every other country in the world, call the poor that one nah you sabi but every body go find hem level stay

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by Naijabad: 5:33pm On Nov 15, 2021
SmartPolician:
I don't have an answer to your question. However, just know that Nigeria is too complicated to break up.

In fact, people who enrich themselves from the dysfunctional system will raise militia to fight anyone or group that threatens the corporate existence of Nigeria.

The only time Nigeria will break up is when everyone agrees to split it, which is never going to happen. Everyone should know that we will be in this mess for a long time.

Please explain what made Nigeria complicated because I see Nigeria splitting in 2023.
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by Factshunter: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
OkayBye:
So one man said, Oduduwa Nation will survive that only North will suffer. He said, with the IGR released recently, he's sure that Yoruba Nation will survive. I asked again, how is the IGR generated? Baba said, through tax. So I now told him to use Covid 19 as example...I said, if Nigeria break up today, many people will loose their jobs and many companies will fold up. And that, no foreign investors will even risk investing in such situations. That with even ordinary covid-19, many people are still affected till today. I reminded them that even with the so called IGR that many states still borrow money.

So I concluded that only Lagos state and the oil producing states can survive. We argued till I left around 8pm.

So, Nairaladers, let's go.....

PLEASE NO ATTACKS OR INSULTS... I really wanna learn too and use it to proof my points when I reach there today. grin

Good point. But note that during the Covid lockdown same Lagos still managed and was able to maintain the status quo as the highest igr state? Right, isn't it? cool grin

God bless Lagos. cheesy
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Nov 15, 2021
I don't understand people if states in niger , Chad can survive why can't states in Nigeria survive

States most Igbo states for example don't take igr seriously because it would make the people inquire more about government

There is no states in Nigeria that can't generate 20 billion monthly honestly

The
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by kollinzgee(m): 5:52pm On Nov 15, 2021
Oga go and buy 1000 super glue so that when Nigeria break you go use superglue gum Am back.mumu.
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by OkayBye: 5:57pm On Nov 15, 2021
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by OkayBye: 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2021

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by Lionnation: 6:04pm On Nov 15, 2021
Nigeria is not expected to divide along state boundaries, children everywhere
Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by kollinzgee(m): 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2021
Lionnation:
Nigeria is not expected to divide along state boundaries, children everywhere

Op is an illterate,any man with sound mind will not wish Nigeria remains one.

1 Like

Re: How Many States Can Survive If Nigeria Breaks Up? by OkayBye: 7:21pm On Nov 15, 2021
kollinzgee:

Op is an illterate,any man with sound mind will not wish Nigeria remains one.
I'm afraid to reply you cos you're sounding like unknown gunman grin Pele..

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State: Gov. Seyi Makinde To Flagg-off The 27.1KM Chokocho-igbodo Road / We’ll Soon Showcase Our Achievements, Says IPOB / South West: Compare Ur Governors To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.