Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,077 members, 7,970,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 06:16 AM

My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum (1717 Views)

Moment Oyibo Man Surprised His African Wife By Bringing Her Mum To US (pics/vid) / I Married My Daughter, Fathered Two Kids With Her, While My Dad Married Her Mum / Wife Orders Husband To Sleep With Her Mum In Zimbabwe (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by cayorday89(m): 12:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Richy4:

My brother, what u wrote up there is the version of what u believed...This is not about communication.. Any man or woman that is always Economical with the truth has the tendencies of playing with someone's intelligence....In my opinion which doesn't count, I don't think She's whom she portrays herself to be ....

It's Either one is hot (tell the truth) or Cold ( tell lies).... lukewarm doesn't work for me...
I quite agree with you, it's just a way of looking at it from another angle, even the OP is not very sure about her intentions, it's left for him to go through all the comments and see the angle that works best for him to get to the motive behind it.
And I only gave her benefit of the doubt since according to the narration of the OP, the only issue he is having is her telling her mum she was borrowed the money, she could have told her mum that and still not let the OP know about it and also tell the mum something else so as not to make her call the guy to appreciate him.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Richy4(m): 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
cayorday89:

I quite agree with you, it's just a way of looking at it from another angle, even the OP is not very sure about her intentions, it's left for him to go through all the comments and see the angle that works best for him to get to the motive behind it.
And I only gave her benefit of the doubt since according to the narration of the OP, the only issue he is having is her telling her mum she was borrowed the money, she could have told her mum that and still not let the OP know about it and also tell the mum something else so as not to make her call the guy to appreciate him.
Yea man... I got you smiley.....
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by cooooooks(m): 1:21pm On Nov 18, 2021
Oboy. This is a doozer.

I think you may need to overrule your girlfriend on this matter.

However, she may be using this issue to prevent future overdependence on you by her family.

You said you used insulting words on her. Please slap yourself and never do that again. This is someone you said you want to marry and want to bear your children.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by ogub(m): 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2021
Why not be patient till the day her mum intend to u back, maybe before then she would have told you why she said so, then you can use it as a birthday present to her
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Omakraid(f): 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
To know her intentions, tell her you are going to call her mum to tell her the truth if she doesn't give you concrete reasons for what she did to her mum.
Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by LongBig(m): 8:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Yillyhood:
Hi guys, something is really bothering me and I feel like I should share it. I will try as much as possible to make it brief, please don't mind my grammars. grin

Me and my girlfriend have known each other for quite some time now, like 4years now we have been dating. We love each other no doubt.

After she graduated, she went to learn a trade hair stylist precisely, since work seems impossible and her dream is to own a salon. Well, I work from home, and I earn cool money too, so it's easier for her not to face the hard economy since I pay her money for upkeep monthly.

We don't live close, I live in Lekki and she lives on the mainland with her mum, and each time she has a problem either personally or for her family sake, she runs to me. Well that's not my problem, since I know they really have no one to help them, so I try as much as possible to satisfy her. I must say, she is loyal, decent and respectful but one thing I don't like about her is keeping things to herself, even if she will tell me it's small.

Yesterday, she chatted me and explained that her elder brother in the hospital needs to pay 45k before he can be discharged, I'm aware he his very sick (Typhoid) and hospitalized. She told me their mum already gathered 20k and doesn't know where to get the rest and asked if I can help her with anything, I asked her if 25k is the problem and if I give her she will be fine and she said yes. Well, I transferred her the 25k immediately for the discharge, in about 30mins she called and requested for my account number that she want to refund me 5k, that her mum only collected 20k, so I told her not to worry, she should add it to the money I already sent her previously for her upkeep for the month.

Note: You might be wondering why I'm giving her money lavishly, yes we will be getting married next year, the month hasn't be chosen from both family yet, but they see us as couples already, her mum allows her visit me for days and also visit my mum frequently.

Back to the main reason I opened this topic, sincerely I don't like stress, I love being indoor and spending my money quietly, whenever I want to go out and I don't like traveling to long distance, before man and God have only visited her in her place twice since 2017, I was there in 2018 and again this month 2021. She understands, so she come over to my place each time she wants us to see, she visits twice every month and spends atleast 3days.

I don't want her mum to feel bad or to think her daughter is forcing herself to a man, so I decided to help her whenever she needs help.

The main reason I opened this topic is because the 25k I gave her, I told her to give to her mum, I didn't say she should tell her I borrowed her, but she went ahead and told her I borrowed her mum the money and she has to return it before 5th of next month.

When she told me yesterday I thought she was joking but I discovered she wasn't joking when she told me not to try to tell her mum I didn't borrow her.

Her mum have been calling me since last night and I couldn't pick but I can't pick because I feel guilty. I picked this afternoon, and after thanking me, she promised to pay me back on the 5th of next month. How do I tell this woman I didn't borrow her, she is a struggling woman with 4 kids trying to keep up with their daily needs, and her business is nothing to write home about.

I'm so pissed of with my girlfriend right now, and I just sent her some annoying, insulting text right now, because I was angry.

The truth is her mum has never seen me, the twice that have visited their house she wasn't home, but we talk on phone a lot. I don't want her to feel like her daughter has been seeing me without being married to me yet I have the guts to say I'm borrowing her money. I also asked my girlfriend and she said she has reasons of doing that, but she refused to tell me. It's really upsetting me.

Please what should I do? Or should I just ignore them both?

@Mynd44
@lalasticalala

Chai see good woman! Guy that lady is trying to shield you away from her family problem try and get the memo and stop listening to garbage some are dishing out up there! Family can be funny at times this lady of yours knows them better and that is the best way for her to handle it so they won’t keep coming for more! She is keeping a lots cuz your business is with her and not with her family abeg bro understand where this virtue lady is coming from. I swear my type of woman

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Want To Cause Trouble Between Me And Her Mum by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 9:38pm On Nov 18, 2021
Op my honest contribution is for you to stop fornicating.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Organic Stem Cell Helps People Looking For Babies To Conceive. / Please Help! Insects Are Eating Up My Couch. / Your Advice Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.