Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,211 members, 7,880,778 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:41 AM

Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. (31643 Views)

Husbands Of Groom And Brides Moms Whos Dressing Got People Talking Spark Reacti / Please Help: How Do You Find A Mother You Have Never Met / The Disconnect: Mode Of Disflowering Versus Incidence Of Pedophile Rape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Bishops10(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.
I will make it very brief. Please I need your advice.
I've been a nairalander since 2016 but this is my first official post.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.
My siblings and I are tired of complaining.

Please I need an advice!!!

Just let him be oo....it's just same thing everywhere,My Dad may be worse grin cheesy
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by jnoz23(m): 7:54am On Nov 21, 2021
slimjohn2k5:
Is called attachment to things.
My dad do same, we tried all we could though he is in his 60's now.
In his room are new set of singlets, but he preferred the old ones.

Even new set of clothes we bought for him will be kept in his room and not used. Let me burst your bubble more. My dad keeps money in the room that have turned dust several times.

You cannot throw away any old and unused things in his presence if not trouble.

We leave the man like that ohhhh

Bros sufri dey lie abeg
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Goldenklassy: 8:46am On Nov 21, 2021
He is a successful man.,leave him alone...abeg who dressing well help without money
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by November24(f): 9:01am On Nov 21, 2021
Ahmed0336:
Young man allow that man to enjoy his old age in peace.

Ah ah please just allow him before you go make am vex lay curse on you.

Truth lives here.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by showafrica(m): 9:12am On Nov 21, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

My father is a good, noble and humble man. A successful business man. He's very proud of us (his children), we're also proud of him. We're 3. I'm 29 years of age, the eldest and only son. He make sure we don't lack anything. We all went to one of the prestigious Private University in Nigeria. I and my immediate baby sis are graduate, while last born still in 300l.

The problem is that, my father don't know how to dress, he prefer to wear faded and worn out clothes. My dad drive highlander 2014 model. If my Dad comes down from his car, you will think he's a driver to an imaginary Boss because of the way he dressed.
Blessed memories of my beloved mom May her soul R.I.P. She was always complaining and sometimes my Dad won't listen to her.

I'm a good fashion designer, my love for fashion is topnotch. I also own a laundry store and a barbing store. I've been privileged to sew some clothes for comedian Buchi which he loves so much and he promised to patronize me again.

GOD in heaven knows how many lovely, mature and soft dress I've sew and bought for my father with my money. He only wears it once and won't wear it again, there are some he haven't put on at all. He celebrated his birthday August, I bought this nice shirt 18k for him as a gift. Till today he hasn't put it on.

Please note: money is not his problem. The other day he stopped by at my store, I and my boys were working. He noticed nobody was using one of my industrial machines. He asked and I said it was faulty. He said how much? I said 170k but I'll change it soon before January....(because I just wrapped my car from corolla to ES Lexus)....Before I could say Jack... Baba don send me 200k. I ordered the machine instantly.

See what happened this morning, He got an invitation to attend a meeting. The smartest way to dress for a highly regarded man like him is native wear.
So he gave me this faded black trouser turning white to brush for him, that he wanted to wear it for the meeting...See eh, It was so annoying. I went to his room gathered the nice, starched and ironed native I could gather and I told him to select one, that I won't brush that faded trouser. He started saying ... " I'm proving stubborn and all manner things"... I'm sure our tenants could hear our argument.

Please Nairalanders. What can I do to make my Dad dress well. I plan to set fire on those faded and worn out clothes but it will look so disrespectful. I'm sure his friends have accepted his mode of dressing.

Leave baba abeg, everybody get him own 'jazz' wey dey work for am. Its better for everybody to keep thinking his a driver and leave his life for him. Nigeria bad, and envy too much for this country. I know a very rich man who drives okada with torn cloths everywhere he is going. Me personally, don't like too much dressing. I have a very nice body but i prefer simple dresses and cheap clothes.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Hakeem3(m): 9:18am On Nov 21, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

My guy, have you seen Mark Zuckaberg owner of Facebook before ? Abeg Leave your father make he dey enjoy his lowkey life. Who he wan impress?
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Daniel7543: 10:51am On Nov 21, 2021
Faith1010r:
Ok
Then extend the winning to your family and relatives by giving them your "sure odds" to save them from generational poverty.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Ubongslim: 11:46am On Nov 21, 2021
Too much knowledge is a disease ur papa no sabi dress but him don mk am in life even provide everything u need now u wan change him mode of dressing.abeg Mr Fashion man live dat man alone go hustle ur own mk ur woman like ur mama bin like him.
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by dmangodwin(m): 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2021
Daniel7543:
Then extend the winning to your family and relatives by giving them your "sure odds" to save them from generational poverty.
Nice reply.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by dmangodwin(m): 12:56pm On Nov 21, 2021
Perez99:
Good day nairalanders.

I feel you, You can change him but not by being confrontational.If you have the finance get him cloths that are sown [i]to his taste,not your own taste.if you sow pencil trousers for an old man don’t expect him to put it on[/i].And with little pasuasion every now and then he will come around .

My little idea
Re: Help!!! How Do I Change My Father's Mode Of Dressing. by Jamodeen95(m): 12:17am On Nov 25, 2021
Abeg leave daddy rest. His clothes, his choice...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Stolen Baby Recovered After 22 Days, Hale, Hearty (photo) / Fight Breaks Out As Lady Disrupts Husband's Wedding To His Second Wife (Video) / Certified Marriage Counsellors In Lagos Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.