Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,784 members, 7,882,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:17 PM

Had Third Class In Education - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Had Third Class In Education (8120 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Had Third Class In Education by drgica74: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
It can get you to NEPA, POLICE OR PRISON WARDER
Re: Had Third Class In Education by fuke(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
Take your future in Your Hands,

A degree prepares you for  life not necessarily level 8 job.

Get creative. Get cracking. You are sitting on diamond.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Reference(m): 5:12pm On Jun 13, 2011
yemic:

I had third class in education and am scared of where my certificate will get me.

The Senate.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by violent(m): 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2011
My advise? go into politics!
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Jeezy: 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2011
As far as he believes he can go cool cool cool
Re: Had Third Class In Education by shagaman: 6:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
My friend with 3rd class,so many people have advised you and so much more would advise,However no matter what people say,You are the deciding factor in this whole issue at hand,

I have only one advise for you Kindly re-examine yourself and think what you want to achieve in life, e.g where do you wanna be in five years time,

3rd class is not a desease its something to push you harder in achieving your set goals, May GOD be with you.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by giriojo: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2011
to be honest,it is dif to secure a job but you have some choices ehich are pgd,connection, politics and self employment.choose your choice n i can go on
Re: Had Third Class In Education by ronkebp(f): 6:07pm On Jun 13, 2011
hollandis:

The guy should go back to school,Its an advice.He will end up wasting the next 4 years of his life,why not get another degree instead

True talk, this is your best advice, yemic. Don't waste anytime, moreover people now are having more bachelor degrees than just having one.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by nogames: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
hello dear, do not dwell on your past, you need to act fast before it too late. I think yo have option,
School is to prepare you for future challenges, so its not yardstick for success although in this part of the world, we place too much emphazises on paper qualfication,
Bill  Gate, owner of microsft drop out of school at least you are a graduate, he was the world richest man  untill recent.
You have to be sincere with yourself, if your poor performance was as result of mistake or ur unseriousness, and you know you can do better, i will advise you  enroll with NATION OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA (NOUN). you can complete your programme within 3 to 4 yrs.
some out of numerious advantages of noun over convetional universities are
1. it is cheaper
2. nothing like lecturer harazment
3. Flexiblity (at ur own speed)
4. its allow you to work and study
5. when you relocate to other past of the country you will continue ur programme there
to mention but a few, going back to convention university will be fustrating if you are not determined

BUT YOU NEED TO BE SELF DEPENDANT (ACADEMICALLY ) NO SHORT CUT.
at leat you can be doing something maybe teaching , doing biz or any other Job that come your way.

but if you know you can not cope just forget about school and look for what else you can do, you can make it without certificate,

i wont advise you to go for pgd becos, most employers demand for first degree while PGD and other will be additional advantage. so your first degree is stil important,

I salute your courage for posted such a personal issue on NL. its shows you already on the path of greatness,
Try to forgive yourself  and forge ahead.
May God lead you as see you through
BEST OF LUCK
Re: Had Third Class In Education by nawfia(m): 6:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
@OP,
third class in education, shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, what would you have graduated with if u had studied Engineering?
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Dolemite(f): 6:49pm On Jun 13, 2011
Re: Had Third Class In Education by 2ndThought(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
Our nobel laureate (Wole Soyinka) only managed a 3rd class.
Ditto Biafran General Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu. grin
Re: Had Third Class In Education by bamosagie(m): 8:22pm On Jun 13, 2011
So did Gani Fawehinmi.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by lukkie(m): 8:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
Having a 3rd class in Nigeria of today is bad news. But the good news is that it's not the end of the world. You may get a teaching job and develop yourself further. You also have an advantage if you're a pretty chic. Also search within yourself; you're definitely good at something. I actually know many 3rd class graduates who have their Masters and have good jobs or own their own businesses. One of them is actually in the UK developing computer games and he's very comfortable. Take a long hard look at yourself and discover what you're good at, then follow your dream. Because of this challenge, I actually see you going farther than a 2:1 or 2:2. That's how life is no matter what we humans think.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by strangest(m): 9:21pm On Jun 13, 2011
@OP You tried by graduating with a third class, Bill Gate is a drop out, Late Gani Fawehinmi and Prof. Wole Soyinka were third class graduates yet they were best in their chosen fields, Usually first class graduates relax after getting their first class and start feeling on top of the world, Finally what matters is how much you have in your pocket, and making more money in todays world doesnt necessary mean that you have to be hired by a top company, you can look into yourself, know what you like doing and start thinking of how to make money from it, concentrate on that,
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
Life is how you live it. A 3rd class would bring out the best in you. You can go into IT-software or start your own business. I have friends who dropped out of Uni when they could not cope with the academic stress and went into own business and are making so much money now. I have friends who had first class in engineering but dropped their certificate to go into their own business as well cos they can't be limited by working and getting paid salary.

And most of the guys that had extras and finished with a third during my undergraduate days are doing very well in life, even better than people with 2.1 or 2.2. Keep your head up and don't let a 3rd class stop you from reaching your goal in life.

Funny enough, at work today, I was reading a financial magazine and there was an article about a guy that lost his job 2years ago cos of the recession, he was sad but did not let that hold him down. Now he has a business of his own and his annual turnover is £250,000 per year. If he was not laid off from his previous work, he would never have discovered the entrepreneurial skills he has got.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by 2goodbobo(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2011
@poster 3rd class is not the end of the world for you.however,you should try and upgrade your CV with any certified course so that it can give u an edge.moreover,in nija today,we have pple with Pass that are working in big organisations and with God by your side or connection,u can get a good job too.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by 234GT(m): 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2011
I made a 2.1 but even at that, I spent the whole of last year writing job tests with nothing to show for it.I just got employed in Ogun state teaching service last month.Those with third class and pass degrees were not allowed to write the test at all. If you want to make it in life, forget about your certificate. Go into business. Simple.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Hardeyorlah(f): 10:20pm On Jun 13, 2011
U can go 4 a postgraduate studie to boost ur degree
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Debokan: 11:11pm On Jun 13, 2011
alaba international market.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by kidgenious(m): 4:45am On Jun 14, 2011
A Bsc in essence is meant to prepare one for challenges ahead not determine where it would get one.Just take it that you are not yet fully prepared and start working hard at things you are very comfortable doing.If you love parties n gigs,get into it big time.its BIG BUSINESS now.do you know what you have that 1st class n 2.1's dont,experience!!!yeah,but you have to shape that experience into something meaningful.

Think less of the certificate,move ahead.The world is evolving,evolve with it.The only one that can stop one from getting to one's pinnacle is ONE!
CLICK,CLICK,MOVE!!!
Re: Had Third Class In Education by igelomo(m): 8:31am On Jun 14, 2011
kidgenious:

A Bsc in essence is meant to prepare one for challenges ahead not determine where it would get one.Just take it that you are not yet fully prepared and start working hard at things you are very comfortable doing.If you love parties n gigs,get into it big time.its BIG BUSINESS now.do you know what you have that 1st class n 2.1's dont,experience!!!yeah,but you have to shape that experience into something meaningful.

Think less of the certificate,move ahead.The world is evolving,evolve with it.The only one that can stop one from getting to one's pinnacle is ONE!
CLICK,CLICK,MOVE!!!

Best advise
Re: Had Third Class In Education by tonte23(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2011
My beloveth brethren, the sky is still your limit. You still have a very very good opportunity like a first class holder. You graduated with a third class doesen';t mean you must go and teach in some school, it doesen't mean you must have some squezy, old, boring job. Just trust and believe in God and widows and doors of opportunity will come flooding into your life. I wish i could talk to u. Cos i have testimonies to tell u. It is well with you. U could mail me if u want to talk.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by inene: 9:37am On Jun 14, 2011
Bros, it depends on how you are viewing the certificate. there are trained lawyers i know who are into tailoring and doctors who are in business not related to medicine. Your certificate is not you except you are seeing it as a meal ticket which shouldnt be the case. look for sometime you have enough passion and develop yourself in that area. You can make money from a hubby that you have developed. I wish you the best of life.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 14, 2011
OP go for a Masters and a Ph.d to upgrade yourself and after that you will be a hot cake.Few ppl these days are using first degrees to work.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 14, 2011
drgica74:

It can get you to NEPA, POLICE OR PRISON WARDER
Drgica74 you are an 1d10t and probably a motor park boy who never attended a university.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by akinalabi(m): 10:15am On Jun 14, 2011
What about those of us that did not attend a university at all?
Re: Had Third Class In Education by donraja: 10:37am On Jun 14, 2011
I like the way you said "Certificate" is just a certificate you determination, hardwork, luck and network will take you to places. I know people with same grade and are now executives in companies even and they dont own it. So my bro/sis keep you head up and take it as a drive to prove 3rd is not the end of life.

Win a signed shirt by Pele, Messi and many more.
SMS MYQUIZ to start answering soccer questions, once you get 2000 points call to redeem any prize available. 4000 for the quad bike.
To check your points SMS MYQUIZP
To see list of prizes SMS PRIZE

MTN send keywords to 33200
Etisalat send keywords to 3245
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Nobody: 10:44am On Jun 14, 2011
its funny how many people still think that we have an educational system in nigeria that can effectively Judge the mettle of any student.

if you have a 3rd class in education you must realise the following

in a nigeria where paper is valued above competence, its is gonna be a bit difficult to get the high end jobs.
but with patience you can get there.

look for somewhere to start from, whether it be teaching, or any other thing.
it is not the 2.1 that makes the difference. its the person holding that 2.1 that counts.

when i graduated i saw people who didn't deserve a 2.1 walk away with it, while those that were really smart were given a 2.2 or worse still a 3rd class.

success is not achieved with a piece of paper, it is achieved with application of what you know to create what you desire.

just understand your reality and fight harder to make things better.
even 2.1 graduates ARE RUNNING to do masters because they still are not getting the point.

no amount of degree or class of degree can get you to the top.
it is what is inside of you that matters the most.
so work at developing yourself, do a research in your field and know the different paths you can take.
start acquiring professional certification and i can assure you, even the 2.1 holders will not see your back.

and like someone said, if you want to further use the NOUN. e-learning is as effective as direct contact studies.
don't let those who did whatever they did to acquire certificates they cannot defend bring you down.

your life is in your hands. think like a winner and make the best of your situation.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AkanA1(m): 11:08am On Jun 14, 2011
@Poster
Ur not the 1st 2 make a 3rd Class and neither will u b the last. I think ur in a much more better position 2 make it in life because u will realize that success depends on u and what lies inside of u, unlike those with good grades that rely on their certificate and put all their faith and hope in it and make it their point of boasting.

What I will advice u 2 do is 4get all the stories u have heard about life being hard or that u will have 2 work extra hard 2 make it. Every1's story can't be the same because every1's level of enlightenment is not the same. I hope making a 3rd class in school will help u c the light faster. What lies inside of every individual is much greater than any force on earth. U need 2 have a mindset thats built 4 success. Like I said u dont need 2 make any extra effort, all u need is 2 come 2 realization or should I say see the light,

Your place of success might lie where u always knew it wud b or where u least expect,
Re: Had Third Class In Education by baslone: 11:13am On Jun 14, 2011
80 percents of the 2.1's and 2.2's are either still looking for jobs
or earning below 50grand!

Your certificate is doomed same with others. Nigeria is simply hopeless.
Get on your feet, chase your dreams and God be with ya!!!
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
baslone:

80 percents of the 2.1's and 2.2's are either still looking for jobs
or earning below 50grand!

Your certificate is doomed same with others. Nigeria is simply hopeless.
Get on your feet, chase your dreams and God be with ya!!!
Thank you
you have said it all.
don't mind those people with wonderful certificates and little skill
as long as you depend on a piece of paper you are doomed.

get into something you know how to do and do it well
that's the ABC of success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Graduate Customer Care Representative Needed! / Remote Jobs 1.0 / GT Assurance Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.