Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,518 members, 7,940,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 02:48 PM

Had Third Class In Education - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Had Third Class In Education (8158 Views)

Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class. / YES! There Is Hope For 2.2 And Third Class Grads: Job Hunting Tips / They Require A Third Class Graduate. What Could Be The Reason? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Had Third Class In Education by jaybee3(m): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
What do people actually do with degree in Education?
Please pardon my ignorance grin grin grin grin grin grin

Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AjanleKoko: 2:05pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^
dude, they teach.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by jaybee3(m): 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
Teach what to be specific?
Thought teachers are meant to be skilled in specific subjects
My oga no mind me oh . . . . . Just playing silly burger
Re: Had Third Class In Education by AjanleKoko: 2:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
jay bee:

Teach what to be specific?
Thought teachers are meant to be skilled in specific subjects
My oga no mind me oh . . . . . Just playing silly burger

That's true, you're right actually.
@OP, your degree is in what education?
Re: Had Third Class In Education by baslone: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
The only "MC with the MSC" sef no dull himself! cheesy
Re: Had Third Class In Education by obi123: 3:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
yes they did, in 1955, please such advising nonsense
Re: Had Third Class In Education by michylabo(m): 4:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
3rd class can take u places my brother. Its a first degree. Upgrade urself with and Ms or higher and and decorate ur wall with professional certificates and training, Its not easy O, so be prepared to work hard, very hard
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Shola2009(m): 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
Obviously its not the end of the world.But you can't even serve in some organisations w/o a 1st class or second class upper.So your chances or surviving in today's competitive labor market is slim to non-existence.

, and thats the ugly truth. undecided
Re: Had Third Class In Education by Koikoi(m): 10:10pm On Jun 14, 2011
abeg, go learn work. infact do something different, something your gender are not into. just make a difference and shame dem lecturers.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by tonte23(m): 7:21am On Jun 15, 2011
Group MD of UBA TONY elumelu graduated with third class. Gani fawemi graduated with third class. It is rather shameful and retrogressing ,that what actually bother Nigerians is base discoursions and lame talks, and that is the bane of our development today.
It is only in Nigeria that results and paper certificates matter more than competence, ingenuity and innovative ideas and ideals.
This is the reason why the best hardly get the best of opportunity to give out qualitative service in Nigeria. Is it the class you obtained legitimately or the one you cheated to acquire? Is it the class that determines ones ability to appraise situations? Is it Nigerian kind of class and education system? Why do we imagine vain things and discuss idle issues. Does it really matter?
Re: Had Third Class In Education by jaybee3(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^
They probably when Education wasn't so much of a necessity and competition wasn't as stiff as it is today.
Besides their respective 3 class was most probably in a more desirable course not education.

Why don't you think in terms of statistics as in how many available jobs are out there against the number of graduates with higher and more desirable degree class so as to realise the challenge the OP faces.

OP's best bet is to retrain or do a postgrad diploma course of any sort
Re: Had Third Class In Education by DaDoctor: 2:06pm On Jun 15, 2011
THIRD CLASS BY ACADEMIC IMPLICATIONS MEANS THE BELOW.

LESS THAT OR EQUAL TO A GRADE 'D' IN ALL COURSES TAKEN (ON THE AVERAGE)?

You have a point to prove, show it that ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION ISNT A MEASURE TO HOW SUCCESSFUL ONE COULD BE, BUT IS ALSO NEEDED,

ALLL HOPE ISNT LOST!!!!! Move on
Re: Had Third Class In Education by wales2007(m): 5:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
Hello, Having a Third Class is the greatest challenge any Nigerian student can face but that is not the end of the world. I am a Third Class graduate of Mechanical Engineering from Unilag but was never out of Job for One day after graduation since 2005. Immediately after graduation, I resumed with the company where I did my yr 4 Industrial attachment as a graduate Engr. with average salary. I also immediately started professional trainings like A+, CCNA, Web Design & Programming to enhance myself & cover up for my academic limitation(s) & to start a business of my own.

As at today, I work for an Engr. company as a Mechanical Engr. & I also work for myself in the areas of computer/Laptop repairs, Networking, Web Design & Programming.

If I can do this, you can do more.

All you need to do is to forget those negative things people would say about your inability to graduate with a better grade but focus your attention on your goal(s), future plans & aspirations. All this can take you beyond where your certificate can take u.

Also, do not forget to enroll for PGD in a course of interest & study hard to shame your accuser(s) that you are not a dumb as am doing right now.

Finally, do not be too proud to carry God along this journey of yours cos He is the only one that can comfort you indeed.

I wish you God's best in all u do. AMEN, AMEN & AMEN
Re: Had Third Class In Education by bestads(m): 10:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
Third Class Indeed

1 Did Bill Gate have 1st class in software/computer science?

2 Did Michael Dell have 1st class in software/computer science?

3 Did Warren Buffet Have 1st class in stock broking?

4 did cosmas maduka(coscharis) have any class in business

5 did Aliko Damgote have any class in cement/sugar/salt/spaghetti/transport business?

What a shallow mind, As a man thinketh so is he,

Because Nigerian Graduates attended a four-walled pry,secondary and tertiary school,they limit their lives to the four-sided CERTIFICATES.

SALARY IS SLAVERY!!!!

ONLY THE BOLD GET THE GOLD!!!

1 Like

Re: Had Third Class In Education by Oghamilton(m): 9:03am On Jun 16, 2011
I am a 3rd class graduate. But i m not dispising my self. Let me tell u i knw the reason why this result came my way. And i knw that some of them that got ist class or 2nd class r not better of than me because i can defend my course n myself anywhere. I really thank my God 4 making me a living graduate. Aod for this cause i work hard everyday 2 cee dat i am an employer of labour 2morrow. So my guy do not give up on your struggle. The did is done. Look ahead and u ll cee d future. Decorate ur self with pgd and msc. (though nt easy but try hard). Even with some proffessional qualification and u ll cee the wonders of the lord.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by babaijesha: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2011
Debokan:

alaba international market.

The best post so far, Poster got a third class in education , some dey say, get more certificates, funny, there are some folks not just cut out for this reading bizness,

Abeg get some family and friends to loan you money to get small bus for you to do transport business, drive the car yourself , U will make money more than those bankers in suits and 1st class folks, No one ever get rich for doing paid jobs, Or try some vocational jobs,
Re: Had Third Class In Education by CASMIAEMMA: 5:37am On Jun 22, 2011
u see that is where we Nigerian graduates always got is wrong, must every Nigerian graduates seek white collar job? if we all seek jobs, who will create the future employment. my friend, the answer you seek is in a book called THE RICH DAD AND THE POOR DAD. I am also a graduate, but today my monthly income is more than that of someone who is working in an oil company by being self employed. Ur problem is that you are afraid and u want to play it safe by trying to hide under an already made, that is why you see you 3rd class as a barrier, but u re suppose to play smart not save if you want to be rich. Just start by searching for peoples needs and look for a way to provide answer to those needs, that is just the short definition of being RICH. See ur certificate has no meaning to me cos today am not using mine and am doing very well.
Re: Had Third Class In Education by NVasion: 11:12am On Jun 24, 2011
A Multi-National gift items company from China needs a service of 1,000 Supervisors, and 50,000 Sales Representatives nationwide.

Send your CV and application letter to:

NAIJAVASION
c/o Unilife Business Ventures
5, Omobo-Shokelu Street, Off Lambo-Lasunwon Road,
Opp Laspotech First Gate,
Ikorodu, Lagos.

For more information, Call: 08098323038

Note: It requires no application or a job processing fee, Please ignore any call or message from anybody on request.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Interview Invitation At Stresert Limited / How Much Does Renmoney MFB Pay Their Sales Executive / Christoffel Blinden Mission (CBM) International Latest Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.