Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,697 members, 7,882,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 11:21 PM

Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System (9944 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Pays Wuriaola's Dowry; New Wife Steps Out In Royal Wedding Outfit / Princess Adeola-Ogunwusi In Nigeria For Her Fathers Wedding / 9 Richest Kings In The History Of Nigeria & How They Enjoy Royal Splendour(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by dsaynt: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2011
Quote from: vicenzo on June 14, 2011, 10:24 PM

Which part of anambra are you from,because i know that in idemili which is made up of towns like nkpor,obosi,ogidi,oba,etc,we have always and still have OSU,and idemili is nri.

Well Vicenzo, apparently this issue is rampant in Imo State, the Mbaitoli LGA area to be precise and Umuode in Enugu state. I've never heard of Osu from Anambra state.
There are several communitites I've heard of> Umuaka in Imo, Eziaka,Orodo in Imo, Umuode in Enugu, I've heard there are some from Owerri itself but nobody has collaborated that part but I've never heard of any from Anambra.

The issue on ground is that some people (like me and I am not Osu) would like the end this but then one would find it hard to go against centuries old rooted belief most especially when your larger family would be involved. Nobody would like to see their brother or sister become an outcast because of their actions. If the burden was one the indidvidual alone I'm sure we would have seen may marriages to Osu people.

This is my own 2cents to the topic
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by vicenzo(m): 7:46pm On Jul 04, 2011
@dysant

There are osu in idemili area of anambra,i am a native and should know,you 've never heard of it? Now you 've heard of it.
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by NegroNtns(m): 10:29pm On Jul 04, 2011
Here is people asking UN to try Nigeria for war crimes but are engaged in and embrace acts of crminal discrimination against their own people.

Human Rights advocates should provide effective protection rights to empower and safeguard the liberty rights of the osus against the non-osus.

Bushman (igbo) culture !
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by ChinenyeN(m): 10:57pm On Jul 04, 2011
People sef. .
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by ezeagu(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2011
It's really funny how some people spend more time on Igbo topics than the people who claim to be Igbo.
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by dsaynt: 9:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
Well I guess they feel its easier to talk about stuff that doesn't really affect them directly, they sit back and take a critical look, my own is nobody should feel offended when they talk about theirs o!
On the other hand we Igbos should take the neccessary step in eradicating this, since we might not be able to change our parents then lets change our children! If the killing of twins in calabar could stop then this can stop as well.
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by NegroNtns(m): 11:41pm On Jul 05, 2011
What makes you igbo, eh Eze? Cos your name be Eze so you thinksay u be igbo.

You cross border from Cameroon come hia dey live claim igbo.

Guess what?
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by ChinenyeN(m): 11:50pm On Jul 05, 2011
Negro-Nts, you're not in any position to speak on a persons 'Igboness'.
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by ezeagu(m): 4:26pm On Jul 06, 2011
Madness is real, though.
Re: Igbo Royal Fathers Move To End Osu Cast System by vicenzo(m): 4:05pm On Jul 07, 2011
Hehehe! Negro nts is a funny fellow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Somali Nomadic Culture / The Benin (igodomigodo) Moats - The Largest Man-made Earthworks In The World / Meet The World Biggest Boobs German Model..

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.