Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,400 members, 7,964,629 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 04:58 PM

Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem (1538 Views)

Husband Slept With My Sister And Got Her Pregnant He Doesn't Think It's Cheating / I Need Advice From You Guys,my Girl Friend Always Say This To Ur 1yr And 2months / I Always Talk To Myself Help Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2021
Please nairaland I need help, I have a friend who always talks to her self, sometimes I noticed her mouth moving, sometimes I noticed she smiled on the road when walking or start mumbling some words when walking on the road.. has anybody been in this situation, Do you think it as a result of Physiological problem, Depression , or soliloquy. I want to help her your contribution are welcomed cool

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by KingEverest: 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
smiley you should b happy you have an intelligent friend,people who talk to them selves are very intelligent

2 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
smiley
if you don't have anything to say, move away
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by isaiah4life(m): 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
His having board meeting within himself.
I talk to myself as well.

This is the life of some introverts.

8 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by gasparpisciotta: 12:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Psychological issues.

Overthinking perhaps

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by ahnie: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kolomental.
Op your friend is not crazy,he's only calculating his imaginary money he kept in the bank.

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by ahnie: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2021
You see this naija....time dey come wey all of us go dey talkdey waka for road...no be say we dey mad o.

7 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by sageb: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
smiley you should b happy you have an intelligent friend,people who talk to them selves are very intelligent

Back in my undergraduate days, there is a friend that talks to himself and also hits our hostel wall while soloquizing.
He is a brilliant chap though
Your hypothesis might be true or false but the one I experienced is an intelligent fellow.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by KingEverest: 12:30pm On Nov 24, 2021
sageb:

Back in my undergraduate days, there is a friend that talks to himself and also hits our hostel wall while soloquizing.
Your hypothesis might be true or false but the one I experienced is an intelligent fellow.
honestly they are google it
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by superintendents(m): 12:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
the only thing is that,many of them sort there problems within themselves..

I do that sometimes too.

2 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 12:58pm On Nov 24, 2021
isaiah4life:
His having board meeting within himself.
I talk to myself as well.

This is the life of some introverts.
but do you talk out Loud ?

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:
hmmmm intelligent you say ? , Some will see you as been Mad naaa
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 12:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Psychological issues.

Overthinking perhaps
yea over thinking I suspect too
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:00pm On Nov 24, 2021
ahnie:
You see this naija....time dey come wey all of us go dey talkdey waka for road...no be say we dey mad o.
Lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
sageb:

But in the Nigeria Aspects some will see you as been Mad ooooh
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

honestly they are google it
Google fit they lie, my friend is not that intelligent she is just Average
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by KingEverest: 1:05pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:

Google fit they lie, my friend is not that intelligent she is just Average
thats wat u tink, she might have a high IQ

2 Likes

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by isaiah4life(m): 1:07pm On Nov 24, 2021
Yes. I do it to express my thoughts to myself. But, people around won't notice except you come close, and when I notice people, I stop talking.

Not always though.

VanessaKokomama:
but do you talk out Loud ?
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Mamayam: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
Please nairaland I need help, I have a friend who always talks to her self, sometimes I noticed her mouth moving, sometimes I noticed she smiled on the road when walking or start mumbling some words when walking on the road.. has anybody been in this situation, Do you think it as a result of Physiological problem, Depression , or soliloquy. I want to help her your contribution are welcomed cool

I have same problem. But I try to keep it at home, in my room. I empty my mind when in public. I still talk to myself in public at night tho. That way, no one can see my face.

1 Like

Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mamayam:

I have same problem. But I try to keep it at home, in my room. I empty my mind when in public. I still talk to myself in public at night tho. That way, no one can see my face.
ok , but do you think it depression or what ?
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
isaiah4life:
Yes. I do it to express my thoughts to myself. But, people around won't notice except you come close, and when I notice people, I stop talking.

Not always though.

ok... But she is trying to stop ,all to no Avail any solution ??
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 1:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
KingEverest:

thats wat u tink, she might have a high IQ
It sounds strange to her.... She is trying to stop any solution for her ?
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Mamayam: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
I have depression tho. Don't know the cause if that. It could be depression or anything. For me, most likely cognitive deficits.
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by KingEverest: 1:32pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:

It sounds strange to her.... She is trying to stop any solution for her ?
I think it's natural
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Mindlog: 1:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:

Inappropriate smiles, talks to self, that meets the criteria for the diagnosis of the onset of......encourage her to see a psychologist and an assessment will be done.
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Rrchrd(m): 2:49pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
It's an Ogbanje Spirit
It could also be an hereditary spirit
So she need powerful deliverance
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Kobojunkiee: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
VanessaKokomama:
hmmmm intelligent you say ? , Some will see you as been Mad naaa
Does it really matter the opinion of the some though?, undecided

I am my own best friend - I talk things out with my own self and so help myself to peace and tranquility, a life of reduced stressed that way. grin
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Kobojunkiee: 4:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mindlog:
Inappropriate smiles, talks to self, that meets the criteria for the diagnosis of the onset of......encourage her to see a psychologist and an assessment will be done.
I am afraid you are incorrect! undecided

None of what the OP stated ring as symptoms of any mental illness. Just because I can laugh/smile, have conversations with my own self does not mean it is a result of mental illness. I am happier than most is all, my happiness still intact even when I am alone is what that means.. undecided
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Mindlog: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am afraid you are incorrect! undecided

None of what the OP stated ring as symptoms of any mental illness. Just because I can laugh/smile, have conversations with my own self does not mean it is a result of mental illness. I am happier than most is all, my happiness still intact even when I am alone is what that means.. undecided

When you go through DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) which is the guide for diagnosis, the symptoms are clearly there.
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by Kobojunkiee: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mindlog:
When you go through DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders) which is the guide for diagnosis, the symptoms are clearly there.
Sure, the DSM-5. So what particular illnesses in the DSM-5 do the "symptoms" listed by the OP belong to? undecided
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Does it really matter the opinion of the some though?, undecided

I am my own best friend - I talk things out with my own self and so help myself to peace and tranquility, a life of reduced stressed that way. grin

I think it does matter... People would avoid you , if somebody finds your trouble and you retailate they will say , he done start again
Re: Help My Friend Always Talk To Him Self, Do You Think It A Physiological Problem by VanessaKokomama(f): 4:55pm On Nov 24, 2021
Rrchrd:

It's an Ogbanje Spirit
It could also be an hereditary spirit
So she need powerful deliverance
So if the Gender was a male what spirit would you call it ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reply As A Wife Respectfully...... / Brand New Clippers For Sell At Affordable Price. / Something Bothering And Worrying You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.