Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,657 members, 7,889,149 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:32 AM

15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time (1467 Views)

Man. United's Seven Signings From Portuguese Football In The Premier League / The Top 10 Greatest Football Players Of The Last 25 Years / Nigerian Football Players And Their Wives/Girlfriends (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Geraldsergio95(m): 11:32am On Nov 27, 2021
The ultimate list of the best Portuguese football players ever to play the game of soccer.

Who are the best Portuguese football players in history? This is a million dollar question that has been on and will always linger on the lips of fans and football enthusiasts every time the Portuguese team are in action.

Portugal is a small country in Southern Europe that barely exceeds 10.5 million inhabitants.

Set on the shores of the Atlantic in the middle of the Iberian Peninsula, her footballing tradition began in 1966, the year in which she managed to play her first World Cup and reach the semifinals.

Although it cannot be considered a football powerhouse, the truth is that the Portuguese soccer team has become one of the most important in Europe.

[Read more]

https://clacified.com/sports/16/best-portuguese-football-players

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2021
y is Bruno fernandes not in dis list abi na old list
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Enoch3721:

Who b Bruno?? Bruno wey no go even make top 20... ud call Quaresma , Ruben Diaz , Cancelo, Bernando silva , Sergio concencao( present Porto coach) jorge Costa, Andrade , miguel , Bruno na Maniche and simao level

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 27, 2021
Kingcalls:

Who b Bruno?? Bruno wey no go even make top 20... ud call Quaresma , Ruben Diaz , Cancelo, Bernando silva , Sergio concencao( present Porto coach) jorge Costa, Andrade , miguel , Bruno na Maniche and simao level
others follow but I don't think Quaresma, Ruben Diaz, cancelo are worthy of it the latter just picked up their forms following their arrival at Etihad same with Bruno so if Bruno can't make it to d list they too can't but quaresma hasn't proven himself on a consistent manner to make d list lastly goals also matter
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 10:08pm On Nov 27, 2021
Enoch3721:
Abeg who be Bruno mate for there......Deco, Rui Costa or Figo??

Those niggas were spectacular..... If you watch them play, you no go even mention Bruno.

Is Bruno better than Bernardo on a good day??

List wey postiga no make na Bruno you dey call.....walai you funny!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Those niggas were spectacular..... If you watch them play, you no go even mention Bruno.

bro pesin no fit catch cruise in peace, list way Porto coach(conceicao) no day Bernardo no day nani no day na him bruno won show face, how can DAT b possible

2 Likes

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:

bro pesin no fit catch cruise in peace, list way nani , Bernardo, and Porto coach(conceicao) no day na him Bruno wan show face how can dat b possible
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 10:39pm On Nov 27, 2021
Enoch3721:
bro pesin no fit catch cruise in peace, list way nani , Bernardo, and Porto coach(conceicao) no day na him Bruno wan show face how can dat b possible
I fear ooh grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:
I fear ooh grin grin
but if Bruno keeps his form or maybe do beta Dan wat is doing maybe just maybe he will be among d top ten

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 11:02pm On Nov 27, 2021
Enoch3721:
but if Bruno keeps his form or maybe do beta Dan wat is doing maybe just maybe he will be among d top ten
Like you said, if e do better.

At the moment, he is not doing too well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 11:04pm On Nov 27, 2021
Enoch3721:
others follow but I don't think Quaresma, Ruben Diaz, cancelo are worthy of it the latter just picked up their forms following their arrival at Etihad same with Bruno so if Bruno can't make it to d list they too can't but quaresma hasn't proven himself on a consistent manner to make d list lastly goals also matter

Bruno hasn't dine anything for Portugal....Quaresma did way better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by fattprince(m): 11:22pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:

I understand Bernardo but abeg no put Postiga oh. That average striker, Benardo and Bruno are on the same level.
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2021
fattprince:

I understand Bernardo but abeg no put Postiga oh. That average striker, Benardo and Bruno are on the same level.
How Bruno go take enter list wey even Postiga wey do better than Bruno for national team no dey......that's the point!
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by fattprince(m): 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:
How Bruno go take enter list wey even Postiga wey do better than Bruno for national team no dey......that's the point!
Still no point except we are looking at what they did or are doing for the national team only. But if it's overall i.e club abd country Bruno is better than Postiga.
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 11:46pm On Nov 27, 2021
fattprince:

Still no point except we are looking at what they did or are doing for the national team only. But if it's overall i.e club abd country Bruno is better than Postiga.
What has Bruno done for Portugal

National Team...........40 appearances, 6goals.

Even at club level, na penalties e dey use pad stats.

When you check his numbers this season, you would realize Man united have had few penalties this season and it has really affected his numbers drastically.

Don't also forget he was a flop in both Udinese and Sampdoria.

So how's he better in both club and country??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by fattprince(m): 11:52pm On Nov 27, 2021
OJEEMAH:

When you check his numbers this season, you would realize Man united have had few penalties this season and it has really affected his numbers drastically.

You are not getting me I said if you mean what they have done for Portugal I agree with you Postiga has done better than Bruno but overall that's individual talent, I give it to Bruno. Bruno was EPL player of the month 3 times last season common you've got to be above average to get that. But Postiga is average.
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 12:20am On Nov 28, 2021
fattprince:

You are not getting me I said if you mean what they have done for Portugal I agree with you Postiga has done better than Bruno but overall that's individual talent, I give it to Bruno. Bruno was EPL player of the month 3 times last season common you've got to be above average to get that. But Postiga is average.
You have a point

1 Like

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
Like you said, if e do better.

At the moment, he is not doing too well.
he is not doing anything sef he only plays well when ronaldo is not in d tin( no offence to Ronaldo)
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Bruno has four league goals dis season would have been five if not for his penalty miss and he has got six or seven assist so wat more do u want from him, I can only agree dat he doesn't relate d same at country level, and penalty are just one third of his goal scored but check out jorginho 97% of his goals are penalties
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 28, 2021
Kingcalls:

Bruno hasn't dine anything for Portugal....Quaresma did way better
Bruno hasn't done anything at all for country his only success has come at club level he only tries when roro is not playing(no offence to him) quaresma for me hasnt done beta Dan Bruno given d occasional consistent his got
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2021
Enoch3721:
Bruno hasn't done anything at all for country his only success has come at club level he only tries when roro is not playing(no offence to him) quaresma for me hasnt done beta Dan Bruno given d occasional consistent his got

For country, Quaresma has done so much better....even if u compare them both on club level.... Bruno is still new in the scene.... technically, Quaresma is a better player

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Abeg Helder Postiga was a dead player, I will even call Joan pinto first ....Postiga na Almeyda or Eder level
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2021
Kingcalls:

Abeg Helder Postiga was a dead player, I will even call Joan pinto first ....Postiga na Almeyda or Eder level
never said his world class......for portugal he should be ahead of Bruno that the point
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:01am On Nov 28, 2021
Enoch3721:

Yh sure....thats if he improves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:02am On Nov 28, 2021
fattprince:

How Bernando and Bruno dey d same level...abeg no talk that tin again

2 Likes

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2021
Enoch3721:
Bruno has four league goals dis season would have been five if not for his penalty miss and he has got six or seven assist so wat more do u want from him, I can only agree dat he doesn't relate d same at country level, and penalty are just one third of his goal scored but check out jorginho 97% of his goals are penalties
its because they've no had many penalties this season otherwise the guy would be competing with Salah for PL Top Scorer........ even last season, half of his goals were penalties.

Jorginho no follow........Bruno get eye for goal pass am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:14am On Nov 28, 2021
Enoch3721:
he is not doing anything sef he only plays well when ronaldo is not in d tin( no offence to Ronaldo)
well, Ronaldo in the team shouldn't affect his game after all they no dey play the same position and Ronaldo na even him friend from the same country so he won't have to be under any pressure.......isn't Mbappe playing well despite Messi's presence?

The thing is, before he moved to England he had a very impressive stats with Sporting......so everybody dey expect Bruno to replicate am for man united

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:

Bruno is best an average player.... man u relying on him as their play maker is one of the big mistakes they made... I hv been following that guy since his sporting days... he is not a coordinated player, he shoots at every given chance , and I hate seeing him start on the national team....he even gets benched fir Portugal...how ole spotted him as as the one that will take man utd to the promise land amazed me.. I was even surprised when man utd signed him and when I saw him name always on the score shit I was amazed, only to see half were penalties...he just started improving his game recently.... that guy is learning football in man utd and thats part of their problem... man u should go for Dusan Tadic , Renato Sanchez , Tripper, Ndidi , koulibaly , Hernandez from Milan, kounde, try wissaka as a DM or one if the back 3 but never a RB , throw shaw , maguire,martial, matic, pogba , all out or leave shaw as a back up but never start him again... loan out Greenwood, try to keep lingard .... Bruno should b dropped to the bench, mctominy and Fred are not bad , they just need to good coach and coaching staff to improve them , they both have what it takes to b stars
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2021
Enoch3721:

Others do well when Ronaldo is on the pitch , if he doesn't, then he is a mentally weak player ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:21am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
never said his world class......for portugal he should be ahead of Bruno that the point

He can't even b ahead of Bruno in Portugal.... postiga no follow abeg grin
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by Kingcalls: 8:22am On Nov 28, 2021
OJEEMAH:
its because they've no had many penalties this season otherwise the guy would be competing with Salah for PL Top Scorer........ even last season, half of his goals were penalties.

Jorginho no follow........Bruno get eye for goal pass am

Bruno is an offensive player, Jorginho is a defensive player
Re: 15 Best Portuguese Football Players Of All Time by OJEEMAH(m): 8:31am On Nov 28, 2021
Kingcalls:

He can't even b ahead of Bruno in Portugal.... postiga no follow abeg grin
check their stats for Portugal and tell me who should be ahead for now atleast

(1) (2) (Reply)

James Rodrigues To Join Real Madrid On Wenesday. / Is C.ronaldo Really Obsessed With Lionel Messi? / Check Out The Kenyan Woman Jose Mourinho Almost Left His Wife For

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.