Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,895 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:27 PM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149832 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by bolar7: 6:09pm On Jul 04, 2011
@brabus, you're really doing a good work and i appreciate people like you that are transparent with whatever they do, just relax and see how you'll prosper. I will appreciate it if you can give me a rough sketch of 2 or 3 bed room bungalow on a quarter plot, let me know how it will look like as i intend to commence plan on building this around isolo area. also if possible let me have a rough estimate so i will have an idea of what l'm going into. my mail addy is muritalaabimbola@yahoo.com.

Regards and God bless you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:23pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^ Kindly send me a mail on nexthome@live.com. You can also reach me on +2348023429122. Let me have idea of your ideal house. There are various design to choose from.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 6:30pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^Always on-time smiley smiley
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 11:10pm On Jul 04, 2011
@remcoface, at least man must chop.

No activity on site today - reason? You already know. Still expecting the Rain.

On the other side here - stop peeping bros!!!
I spent the better part of the day in the laboratory with a Soil Scientist friend and eventually discovered why there are so many collapsed buildings in Lagos and what Government is doing about it.
The structure we are planning to build is more than 3 floors and cannot be regarded as a light structure. Therefore a comprehensive test & as required by Lagos State Govt must be carried out if we are seeking approval. The cost is NGN250,000.00.
I'll appreciate anyone who can beat down this cost, though.

The investigation will include 20m borehole drilling, 4Nos Penetrometer test, Laboratory analysis of soil & water samples and submission of 3 Nos COREN Engineer stamped final report.
Its not a easy thing o. I thought a simple DCP test is enough.

Does it really worth it? You may want to ask.
I want to assure you that the risk of not doing so is enormous.

Discussions still on the way. More updates later.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 11:25pm On Jul 04, 2011
^^^You are right !!!

Don't worry your blessing rain is coming soonest just wait. smiley smiley smiley

Am still learning. shocked shocked shocked[b] The cost is NGN250,000.00.[/b]

Keep up your good work I'll seek for your advice  on my project later.

Thanks.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:05am On Jul 05, 2011
Rain Rain, come and play, dont wait for another day oh
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 2:16am On Jul 05, 2011
^^^ smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:38am On Jul 05, 2011
remcoface:

^^^ smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Na true now, if that is all that is delaying us
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by remcoface: 2:42am On Jul 05, 2011
^^^ got you.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Ferya(f): 7:38am On Jul 05, 2011
A bi make I no talk wetin my eye they see since,  My fellow students, I must complain, I must talk, !!!!  angry
Moderator, what is happening? Barbus and Spyder have inspired we students on owning our houses by the year 2012 by the grace of God. I beg you not to allow us to be looking for both threads on page 2. If Barbus is on the left hand then place Spyder on the right hand grin grin. Abi,  only Oga Barbus give you drink?
I enjoy watching pictures on both threads and have noticed the sudden change. Please oh! place them constantly on the front page or above yours :. Judge this case well oh!
God bless you as you do so. lipsrsealed

@ Barbus
We will join you in praying for the rain.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 9:01am On Jul 05, 2011
@ Brabus,
Judging from what i saw in a picture where you took sand samples,
you may need to go for pilling foundation,but your soil tests will clarify
the details.That terrain looks like a riverine.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:41am On Jul 05, 2011
Hi Brabus,

Good job you are doing on Nairaland. I am following your thread passionately. I also have a similar project that I'm doing somewhere in Sango-Otta and I would like you to advice me on what to do.

I really don't have enough fund to do the german flooring. Can't I just suspend it now and continue with block setting. You are the expert, please advice me.
I'm currently building 2 units of 3 bedroom flat, 2 unit of 2 bedroom flat with BQ. The land is 708sqm and it is flat.

Thank you,

Babajide

Greetings Babajide,

I greatly thank you for your interest in our projects and wishes you every success in your project as well.

Over the past few days, I've received a lot of calls and messages from enthusiastic followers of this thread asking similar question like "Bosun, why are you waiting?" Why can't you proceed with the relative inexpensive tasks like block setting? Wouldn't it be nice if you shift the goalpost?

Honestly, these suggestions are fine but I've discovered over time as a Project Supervisor and Manager that the ability to concentrate single-mindedly on your most important task, to do it well and finish it completely is the key to a successful project.

I always give more thought to planning and setting priorities before beginning any project. The golden rule is that you should never do a "B" task where there is an "A" task left undone.

As for your question, I'll advice that you start applying the tips above in your project going forward. Always SET PRIORITY. Do the German Floor first, if that's the requirement of your structural design.

I always concentrate my energies on choke points in a project without compromise.

My client is not under pressure to move in, neither am I under pressure to deliver. Take it slow and never bite more than you can chew.
Even in the background, we are planning for other stages.

Remember always set a long-term goal!

NextHome Builders.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 10:09am On Jul 05, 2011
Thank you brabus.
The test result really should tell us the nature of foundation to use.
You have really done well for seeking professional solution to the soil problem.
It has always been a major issue with land owners not trying to spend money on soil test.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 10:09am On Jul 05, 2011
@Ferya, I didn't offer the moderator anything o. I guess the moderator has his reasons.

I was equally surprised when I saw my thread among the Sticky.
Honestly, I'm still looking at how to give back to Nairaland and contributors on this thread for their support and opportunity afforded a lot of us.
My thread is more of a developer's diary and a platform to provide consultancy in the area of my core competence.

I guess that might have won the interest of the moderator.

@Olaisrich, your message is well understood and noted.
I'll keep the house updated on the result of the test as soon as it is carried out.

Discussions still in progress.

Metrological Information: It may rain hopefully today or tomorrow, so work is bound to resume as soon as it starts drizzling.
Prayer Warriors, help me pray for abundance of rain!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 12:33pm On Jul 05, 2011
Problem in need solution.

1. Building site has a slope to it.
2. Basement Foundation is sinking and tilting.
3. Main floor concrete slab to site on the existing basement
4. Client's budget - under N1m
5. Deadline for completion to move in is 2 months.

Reference post #304 on page 10 for background information. See the pics of the site below.

Our plan is to:

1. Raise the floor above ground level
2. Dig new columns along non-bearing wall to support the main floor slab
3. Excavate some areas not too close to the building to prevent flooding
4. Protect excavated slope from erosion or surface runoff.
5. Increase the livable area without demolishing the existing structure.

Experts in the house - let's do it together. Suggestions, contributions and advice will be highly appreciated.

I'll try provide a rough sketch of the existing structure later today when I gain time.

Thanks

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Jul 05, 2011
Will be back to read more
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by 2dmax(m): 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2011
@ brabus, keep enlightening folks. Keep d hard work going! Do remember to get your best quotes of electrical wires and cables from me, as i would demystify the norm of nigeria wires and other types et all.
Any questions just mail me maxndianaefo@yahoo.com
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Pukkah: 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Brabus, in spite of your tight schedule you are still able to keep up. Kudos!
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:00pm On Jul 05, 2011
Thanks Pukkah, the world is changing and we need to move in that direction.

As an IT expert and a builder, I should be able to bring my IT expertise into play.
I'm presently working on my project website (first of its kind in Nigeria), where we will be streaming live updates of what is happening on our clients site.
Clients will have access to the backend to view and record their projects.

A New Nigeria is possible.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 6:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
brabus:

Thanks Pukkah, the world is changing and we need to move in that direction.

As an IT expert and a builder, I should be able to bring my IT expertise into play.
I'm presently working on my project website (first of its kind in Nigeria), where we will be streaming live updates of what is happening on our clients site.
Clients will have access to the backend to view and record their projects.

A New Nigeria is possible.

Never knew you were into IT . . . What area of IT do u specialize?

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:18pm On Jul 05, 2011
^^^Network Design and Architecture.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:26pm On Jul 05, 2011
brabus:

^^^Network Design and Architecture.

Nice . . . .Now understand more about you.
I am into System Development, while exportation to Nigeria from Canada and America is a family business.
I never knew we have more in common.
Property wise, you have more in common with my wife . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2011
That is why i am always on the computer, cos that is what i do for a living . . . . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:34pm On Jul 05, 2011
Lol
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 7:40pm On Jul 05, 2011
brabus:

Lol

When i am ready, myself, you, AmAlone and Chief Spyder will have to sit and talk about what we could do . . . . . . and that day is a day closer to reality
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 7:57pm On Jul 05, 2011
May that day come soon. Thank you so much for your time and wonderful contributions.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:29pm On Jul 05, 2011
Snapshot from a neighbouring site: Slab

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2011
This is called trust,
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 9:31pm On Jul 05, 2011
what a nice slabs., a net job
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Poj1(m): 10:43pm On Jul 05, 2011
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 12:41am On Jul 06, 2011
Beauty . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 9:57am On Jul 06, 2011
Still on the waiting list! No Rain!!

While we wait, I'll be using my FREE time to share some design concept with the house. Simple, classy and economical.

Have a good day!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.