Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,154 members, 7,890,898 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) (149833 Views)

For Sale.....luxury Block Of 4flats @ Ikota Villa Lekki Before Vgc(pictures) / How We Built The "Luxury Block Of Flats" In Enugu / Luxury Block Of 6 Nos 3 Bedroom Flat "TO LET" @ IKEJA Gra,lagos with pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 12:44pm On Jul 06, 2011
Problem in need solution.

1. Building site has a slope to it.
2. Basement Foundation is sinking and tilting.
3. Main floor concrete slab to site on the existing basement
4. Client's budget - under N1m
5. Deadline for completion to move in is 2 months.

Reference post #304 on page 10 for background information. See the pics of the site below.

Our plan is to:

1. Raise the floor above ground level
2. Dig new columns along non-bearing wall to support the main floor slab
3. Excavate some areas not too close to the building to prevent flooding
4. Protect excavated slope from erosion or surface runoff.
5. Increase the livable area without demolishing the existing structure.

Experts in the house - let's do it together. Suggestions, contributions and advice will be highly appreciated.

I'll try provide a rough sketch of the existing structure later today when I gain time.

@ Brabus,
I think we have to know the intentions of your client with regards to the building he\she want to build,
is it a bungalow or duplex?, was the N1m cost meant for the correction alone? sure, there was wrong expert judgements made at the foundation level.Your suggested solutions are superb, but also there is important thing to note based on problem #2.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:07pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^Thanks for your response. My client is looking at building a bungalow on top and renting out the 1 bed flat in the basement.

The N1m is meant for slab and corrections alone. As for the sinking and tilting problem, I'm sure there's a workaround since he had not done the basement slab. Major concern are the load bearing columns.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:15pm On Jul 06, 2011
Back here to learn
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Olaisrich(m): 1:31pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^Thanks for your response. My client is looking at building a bungalow on top and renting out the 1 bed flat in the basement.

The N1m is meant for slab and corrections alone. As for the sinking and tilting problem, I'm sure there's a workaround since he had not done the basement slab. Major concern are the load bearing columns.

Ok! my observations:it was not the erosion that fundamentally caused the sinking,it might be contributing to it but the main problem was that the foundation excavation was not not dugged
to the appropriate stabilised level,so to incorporate load bearing columns you may need to break pass the foundation blinding in order to get to more stable ground.
i am no expert ooo! Meanwhile, hope we are not derailing the thread?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 1:43pm On Jul 06, 2011
Honestly, we are not derailing the thread. The main project showcased on this thread has break time, when we can discuss meaningful and informative topics like this.

Once, work resume on site, we will continue. We should be working on the site hopefully tmrw.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:49pm On Jul 06, 2011
Featured Home Plan - July 2011

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:53pm On Jul 06, 2011
Brentwood

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 2:54pm On Jul 06, 2011
Features

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:04pm On Jul 06, 2011
Is that estimate for the block of Apartment?
How many bedrooms would that be?
Is the price conditional of the location?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:52pm On Jul 06, 2011
The estimated cost is for the block of flat. It consists of 3 units of 2 bedroom flat and 3 units of 1 bed spread on 2 wings respectively.

The estimated cost is not conditional of location but it is calculated on all built area including the garage, parking space, water treatment plant, landscaped garden. Structures like this must be in a joyful neighbourhood where you can recoup your investment in little time.

More featured house plan to follow soon. I'll update a floorplan for a winged bungalow that will fit into a land measuring 30 x 60ft (Quarter Plot).
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:16pm On Jul 06, 2011
Give us information on the house on the bottom right in this link:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-687022.352.html#msg8662586
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
^^^Hey Bro, I was posting from my mobile and I didnt get your request right. I'll update you pretty soon.

But before then, here's a twin 2 bed apartment - simple, classy and economical.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by adielsol(m): 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2011
brabus:

The estimated cost is for the block of flat. It consists of 3 units of 2 bedroom flat and 3 units of 1 bed spread on 2 wings respectively.

The estimated cost is not conditional of location but it is calculated on all built area including the garage, parking space, water treatment plant, landscaped garden. Structures like this must be in a joyful neighbourhood where you can recoup your investment in little time.

More featured house plan to follow soon. I'll update a floorplan for a winged bungalow that will fit into a land measuring 30 x 60ft (Quarter Plot).

Brabus - good job you are doing here. I have been following your trend over the past weeks.

I like this design. Can this design seat on 631 Sqm plot of land.

Will mail you.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by gtrust: 8:41pm On Jul 06, 2011
Brabus,
could you modify it to 3bedroom on each wing
instead of the 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom (ofcourse
for a larger plot) and cost

What's on the ground floor?
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by greenlilly(m): 8:42pm On Jul 06, 2011
BRABUS KUDOS TO  YOU. YOU ARE MY KIND OF PERSON. I WILL LIKE TO MEET YOU ONE ON ONE PLS PLS PLS HOLLA ME THRU MY EMAIL ADDRESS countryscheme@yahoo.com.WAITING ANXIOUSLY FOR YOUR RESPONSE TX
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2011
brabus:

^^^Hey Bro, I was posting from my mobile and I didnt get your request right. I'll update you pretty soon.

But before then, here's a twin 2 bed apartment - simple, classy and economical.

OK
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by rastaman20(m): 1:37am On Jul 07, 2011
Nice plans and estimates @barbus, i am still learning and saving.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 3:56am On Jul 07, 2011
@adiesol, thanks for the compliment. The design will fit into 631sqm plot of land perfectly but if you are planning a serviced apartment, I"ll advice you get a bigger plot.

@gtrust, I can do modifications but that comes at a cost.

@greenlilly, I'll mail you later tonite. But you can reach me via my email bosun.davies@live.co.uk
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:01am On Jul 07, 2011
Affordable Home Plan by NextHome

1 Share

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Jul 07, 2011
@brabus, very nice plans, I like that one on the bottom left side. Please expand the plans for our eyes to feast.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:42am On Jul 07, 2011
Good morning!

Work to resume on site today after 2 downpour.

I'll be taking delivery of materials for the german flooring from today. Pic and cost update later.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:51am On Jul 07, 2011
That one na post-ume question o! You must have passed jamb to see the pic.

The pic will be uploaded at a much later time.
Some of the design will show the 3D pic and not the floor plan and vice-versa.
Na so we go dey do am - till we have a sponsor for Free Home Plans without conditions.

I'm willing to give free design concept but I need somebody to do the 3D for free.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by spyder880(m): 5:57am On Jul 07, 2011
brabus:

Good morning!

Work to resume on site today after 2 downpour.

I'll be taking delivery of materials for the german flooring from today. Pic and cost update later.

This is good, may good luck be your portion.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 6:04am On Jul 07, 2011
^^^Amen. Wishing you the same in your present and future endeavours.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by bolar7: 11:19am On Jul 07, 2011
@Fhemmy,@Brabus, l'm also a Database and Network Administrator and also love properties alot thats why i keep tab on this site and this thread especially, please let me know what i can do with you guys and make a new Nigeria Possible. smiley

1 Like

Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2011
brabus:

Affordable Home Plan by NextHome

That is beautiful . . . . .
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 1:45pm On Jul 07, 2011
bolar7:

@Fhemmy,@Brabus, l'm also a Database and Network Administrator and also love properties alot thats why i keep tab on this site and this thread especially, please let me know what i can do with you guys and make a new Nigeria Possible. smiley

That is really nice . . . . .
I am sure we will soon all be able to do things together to change how things are being run in our great nation
Looking forward to working with you
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fidelo726: 1:48pm On Jul 07, 2011
@ Brabus I can see you have quite a lot to offer.
I really love your concept.
Your style is unique.
Good job bro.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 4:09pm On Jul 07, 2011
@Fhemmmy, Fidelo726 -- the possibilities are endless.

I guess we just made a new discovery in the building industry.

Looking forward to forge a strategic partnership with you guys in the nearest future.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 4:54pm On Jul 07, 2011
^^^ Looking forward to that
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by brabus(m): 5:23pm On Jul 07, 2011
Rain, Rain, go away! Its been raining since morning.

Nothing happened at site today,

Prayer warrior - help pray make rain relax small o.
Re: Building A Luxury Block Of Flats: Day-to-day Updates (with pictures) by Fhemmmy: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2011
I thought you wanted the rain . . . . See human being oh

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (56) (Reply)

Call Us For Ur Granite(directly From The Quarry),sharpsand & Sandfilling / You Won't Believe The Babe I Saw In A Face Me I Face You House : / Strong, Beautiful And Affordable Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.