Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,732 members, 7,875,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:56 PM

The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction - Politics (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction (57658 Views)

The True Identity Of Bonny/opobo People: Facts Vs Fiction (VIDEO) / Meet The Opobo People Of Rivers State!!! / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (91) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

.....Politically? How? Don't overinflate your ego..

......All these groups are pandering because of the money and oil politics.

.....When they don't need you anymore and are done using the IYC for their aim, they will dump you like a bad habit.
Who is the current chairman of both Bonny and Opobo?.. Ijaws.
State house of rep members are ijaws.
More crucially, the ruling houses are ijaws.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 2:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
I've downloaded Captain Crow's memoir and will study it within this period.The little I've read so far make me think the Igbos here are either lacking in comprehension,or just being mischievous.

Crow always talked about the natives of Bonny and Eboues.

When I'm done,I'll make my verdict.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

What wrong with you guys?
Do you have selective amnesia?

I posted works of Captain Pereira confirming the Jos as inhabitants of the Rio Real,which is situated in Bonny and New Calabar.You always pretend no to know about it

You are not good at this.
No where in that your snippet was Bonny mentioned.
The snippet only mentioned the Ijaw(Jos people) pirated lurking those Rivers .
Which I noted and even showed you a U tube video of Ijaw pirates still lurking in coasts and Rivers of Bonny today, causing mayhem to the Indigenes.

Post those snippets again and Mark out where Bonny was mentioned there if dem born you well. grin

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:
I've downloaded Captain Crow's memoir and will study it within this period.The little I've read so far make me think the Igbos here are either lacking in comprehension,or just being mischievous.

Post the snippets that talked about Jos men in Bonny by Captain Crow.
Quit making yeye statements.
We all have the document as well.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 2:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:
Now there is something we must recognize.

This fight is not to claim Bonny or Opobo as Igbo. Ndiigbo are too big a people to be recruiting people into our fold.

This battle is to establish the fact that Ndiigbo existed in Bonny as Aboriginals and not just as Slaves.

Key to Ijaw de-Igbonization of Bonny and Opobo is their deliberate demonization of the Igbo tag in Opobo and Bonny as that of Slave-descendants. The Cunning Ijaws understand psychology very well, humans naturally will not like to be attached to a dehumanizing history. No one would happily embrace a history that says that his ancestors were slaves.
So Ijaws at every given chance have promoted the falsehood that Igbo presence in Bonny and Opobo is a result of slavery.

The implication of this, is that the average Opobo or Bonny Igbo speaking person cannot embrace his Igbo identity without accepting the dehumanizing Slave descendants tag. For this reason, many of them remain neutral, which, and consciously stay away from Igbo, which gives the Ijaws enough cover to work slowly on their cultural genocide agenda.

To break this, we need to unequivocally with well researched proof show to the world, including OPOBO and Bonny people, that their Igbo speaking ancestors were not present in those Islands as just slaves, but that they were there as Aboriginals and as kings, long before the slaves from Igboland joined.
They have to know that they can embrace their Igbo language and culture without being decendants of slaves as not all of them were slaves.

Once we do this and repeatedly so, we would have effectively put to stop the Ijaws psychological blackmail on Bonny and Opobo people.
Academic exercise without political backing is simply noise making. I support your idea wholeheartedly, but you also need political will power to achieve this. The same way Ijaws are using funds from Ministry of Niger-Delta, Amnesty funds, NDDC and the likes to finance INC and sponsor willing persons in Bonny/Opobo is advance the Ijaw agenda, is the same way Ndigbo must rise up to assert itself in Bonny.

Look at what Yoruba’s did in Warri to destroy the Bini-edict that was done in old Bendel state that says only a Prince with Benin mother can become King in Itshekiri. Prince Emiko with a Yoruba mother all thanks to Oni of Ife and the rest underground job is now King of Itshekiri.

Awolowo during the first republic forsaw the Ijaw/Itshekiri crisis and made move to forstal that ownership battle by changing Olu of Itshekiri to Olu of Warri. For the Ijaw disturbance that would have happened in Ondo, he made sure that the axis didn't participate in the Midwest referendum. Today's Ijaws are singing Amotekun anthem in Ondo grin.
I have no reason to bring Yoruba’s into this discuss but as a major ethnic group just like Igbos we need to assert ourselves and understand the advantage we wield.

Ndigbo keep running in circles which have allowed the Ijaw to use those loophole to land grab Igbo territories. If you are not distancing yourselves from the federal, you are supporting a minority to the Presidency. Worst still, you support Biafra knowing it will push you to political exile. You foolishly support political lightweights like Ekwueme, Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu, Uwazurike, Rochas, Peter Obi, Abaribe to represent your interest.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

This fight is not to claim Bonny or Opobo as Igbo. Ndiigbo are too big a people to be recruiting people into our fold.

This battle is to establish the fact that Ndiigbo existed in Bonny as Aboriginals and not just as Slaves.

Key to Ijaw de-Igbonization of Bonny and Opobo is their deliberate demonization of the Igbo tag in Opobo and Bonny as that of Slave-descendants. The Cunning Ijaws understand psychology very well, humans naturally will not like to be attached to a dehumanizing history. No one would happily embrace a history that says that his ancestors were slaves.
So Ijaws at every given chance have promoted the falsehood that Igbo presence in Bonny and Opobo is a result of slavery.

The implication of this, is that the average Opobo or Bonny Igbo speaking person cannot embrace his Igbo identity without accepting the dehumanizing Slave descendants tag. For this reason, many of them remain neutral, which, and consciously stay away from Igbo, which gives the Ijaws enough cover to work slowly on their cultural genocide agenda.

To break this, we need to unequivocally with well researched proof show to the world, including OPOBO and Bonny people, that their Igbo speaking ancestors were not present in those Islands as just slaves, but that they were there as Aboriginals and as kings, long before the slaves from Igboland joined.
They have to know that they can embrace their Igbo language and culture without being decendants of slaves as not all of them were slaves.

Once we do this and repeatedly so, we would have effectively put to stop the Ijaws psychological blackmail on Bonny and Opobo people.
This is why I laugh when those kids say "come and claim them physical"

They don't know that we have researched and found out how they started planting their roots and it was by distorting history and instilling a stigma on the Igbo tag in Bonny as descendants of slaves.

The main aim of this thread is to compare our research with the ijaws to ascertain if their was any atom of truth in their distorted history to no avail.

Publishing the findings from this thread will break the stigma and turn the tables around. The Bonny Indigenes that are reluctant to embrace their igbo roots due to the stigma can now do so. Many of them were reluctant but within them know that they are Ndigbo but lack the written proof to destroy the literal lies propagated by Alagoa.

One good thing I like in all these things is that Alagoa is still alive to witness his lies chartered by the offsprings of the same Ndigbo he demonised.

Like the book "In Biafra, Africa died" put an end to the lies propagated by Nigerians on Ndigbo and the circumstances that caused the coup, what will made from the sources and evidences littered on this thread will put an end to the stigma placed on the Igbo identity of Bonny people by Alagoa on behalf of Ijaw people forever.

So Gentlemen, the kids didn't know that the claim physically has already happened because the brain behind their encroachment has been destroyed.
Bonny people can now embrace their identity as the proud Igbo owners of the land and not slaves.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Vintagepipes: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
I bet you guys are still sleeping. The dude might have no fact to use historically but politically Ijaws seems to be way smarter than Ndigbo. Recent events since 1999 have proven them right.
.....Well, aggressive yeah, they are not doing anything new.

...They are using the Bini blueprint.

...The Bini Blueprint worked perfectly and they just used a different means.

....While the Binis are just swelling the number of people loyal to their Oba stool, the Ijaws are swelling and annexing people for political reasons.

...Due to the war, these groups had a headstart.

....However, the Igbo youths of today, seem to be more politically aware of the shenanigans, I reckon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
Academic exercise without political backing is simply noise making. I support your idea wholeheartedly, but you also need political will power to achieve this. The same way Ijaws are using funds from Ministry of Niger-Delta, Amnesty and the likes to finance INC and sponsor willing persons in Bonny/Opobo is advance the Ijaw agenda, is the same way Ndigbo must rise up to assert itself in Bonny.

Look at what Yoruba’s did in Warri to destroy the Bini-edict that was done in old Bendek state that only a Prince with Benin mother can become King in Itshekiri. Awolowo during the first republic forsaw the Ijaw/Itshekiri crisis and made move to forstal that ownership battle by changing Olu of Itshekiri to Olu of Warri. I have no reason to bring Yoruba’s into this discuss but as a major ethnic group just like Igbos we need to assert ourselves and understand the advantage we wield.

Ndigbo keep running in circles which have allowed the Ijaw to use those loophole to land grab Igbo territories.

True.
I have mentioned about the lack of strong and informed Political leadership that reasons beyond eating, drinking, sleeping with akwuna, and stockpiling funds in tax havens and buying properties in Europe and North America with public funds, in Igboland.

We need a strong Political leadership fully invested in strategic issues affecting Ndiigbo as a people in all five SE states and beyond as governors of five SE states!

Any push for Igbo independence that doesn't start with first and foremost hijacking through the ballots the Political leadership of Igboland from councillors to Senate and Governors, is a waste of time and scam.

I have told IPOB people this severally.

I had once had the privilege of being with a state house of assembly member in one of Igbo states, and I raised some of these issues.
To my surprise, not only was these man totally unaware of these issues, he had zero interest in them.
All he wants is money, women, drink! That's all that tickles his fantasy.
You can't have such people representing your Political interests, and you are talking about Buhari and NIGERIA, when you haven't done your home work and cleanup your home mess.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 2:52pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

Very good submission.

Alagoa sat down and blatantly corrupted Igbo history in Bonny and Opobo, reducing our Aboriginal presence on those Islands to Slave status.
We have how many Universities in SE, each with history departments and tens of professors of history.
And between 1970 till today, a whopping 50years, non of them have beamed a searchlight on Alagoa blatant manipulation of facts and provided a counter rebuttal.

We are really failing as a people. I swear. It's embarrassing.

Another obvious blight on the quality of Nigerian education. I suggest all history departments in most of this schools should be shut down and their professors sacked for a start. They are not what a penny. To imagine that I was the one teaching my neighbor history, that is someone that has a B.Sc in History.

I am just wondering, in a world without internet what was Alagoa referencing.

I make bold to state that Professor Alagoa is an academic fraud.

8 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 2:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
Academic exercise without political backing is simply noise making. I support your idea wholeheartedly, but you also need political will power to achieve this. The same way Ijaws are using funds from Ministry of Niger-Delta, Amnesty and the likes to finance INC and sponsor willing persons in Bonny/Opobo is advance the Ijaw agenda, is the same way Ndigbo must rise up to assert itself in Bonny.

Look at what Yoruba’s did in Warri to destroy the Bini-edict that was done in old Bendek state that only a Prince with Benin mother can become King in Itshekiri. Awolowo during the first republic forsaw the Ijaw/Itshekiri crisis and made move to forstal that ownership battle by changing Olu of Itshekiri to Olu of Warri. I have no reason to bring Yoruba’s into this discuss but as a major ethnic group just like Igbos we need to assert ourselves and understand the advantage we wield.

Ndigbo keep running in circles which have allowed the Ijaw to use those loophole to land grab Igbo territories. If you are distancing yourselves from the centre, you are supporting a minority to the Presidency. Worst still, you foolishly support political lightweights like Ekwueme, Ojukwu, Nnamdi Kanu, Uwazurike, Rochas, Peter Obi, Abaribe to represent your interest.
I blame Ọhaneze Ndigbo for all this.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2021
BKayy:

I blame Ọhaneze Ndigbo for all this.
Before, you blame them ask if they have the information.

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

You are not good at this.
No where in that your snippet was Bonny mentioned.
The snippet only mentioned the Ijaw(Jos people) pirated lurking those Rivers .
Which I noted and even showed you a U tube video of Ijaw pirates still lurking in coasts and Rivers of Bonny today, causing mayhem to the Indigenes.

Post those snippets again and Mark out where Bonny was mentioned there if dem born you well. grin

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 2:57pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:

Another obvious blight on Nigerian education. I suggest all history departments in most of this schools should be shut down and their professors sacked for a start. They are not what a penny. To imagine that I was the one teaching my neighbor history, that is someone that has a B.Sc in History.

I make bold to state that Professor Alagoa is an academic fraudster.
Supported.

Any Igbo man calling himself a professor in history should be ashamed of himself.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Vintagepipes: 2:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

The implication of this, is that the average Opobo or Bonny Igbo speaking person cannot embrace his Igbo identity without accepting the dehumanizing Slave descendants tag. For this reason, many of them remain neutral,and consciously stay away from Igbo tag, which gives the Ijaws enough cover to work slowly on their cultural genocide agenda.

Once we do this and repeatedly so, we would have effectively put to stop the Ijaws psychological blackmail on Bonny and Opobo people. Allowing them to voluntarily embrace their Igbo selves and come back to us on their own terms.

....Well summarised.

.....The Bini did the same thing in Delta state.

.....They told the story and put it in Ika and Ukwuani psyche that Igbo means slave. For the Biniphilic, people from these places, this is what they were told.

.......I now ask this intelligent question, why would Eboe mean slave, when the greatest kingdom in your domain, Aboh when your ancestors arrived was Igbo.

They have the same blueprint...

understand that the Ejors learnt from the Binis, until Algoa erased it, this was their belief.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:

Another obvious blight on the quality of Nigerian education. I suggest all history departments in most of this schools should be shut down and their professors sacked for a start. They are not what a penny. To imagine that I was the one teaching my neighbor history, that is someone that has a B.Sc in History.

Let Igbo present an academic who has achieved anything close to his in history.You hate him because his works do not suit you,but they are quoted by most modern writers of NigerDelta history

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 3:02pm On Dec 05, 2021
[quote author=JANK23H post=108235989][/quote]

I'm here scratching my head wondering where Bonny was written in the snippets you shared.
Maybe I'm going blind.

But please can you circle the part of the snippet where it was written that the people of Bonny are people of Jos.

6 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

True.
I have mentioned about the lack of strong and informed Political leadership that reasons beyond eating, drinking, sleeping with akwuna, and stockpiling funds in tax havens and buying properties in Europe and North America with public funds, in Igboland.

We need a strong Political leadership fully invested in strategic issues affecting Ndiigbo as a people in all five SE states and beyond as governors of five SE states!

Any push for Igbo independence that doesn't start with first and foremost hijacking through the ballots the Political leadership of Igboland from councillors to Senate and Governors, is a waste of time and scam.

I have told IPOB people this severally.

I had once had the privilege of being with a state house of assembly member in one of Igbo states, and I raised some of these issues.
To my surprise, not only was these man totally unaware of these issues, he had zero interest in them.
All he wants is money, women, drink! That's all that tickles his fantasy.
You can't have such people representing your Political interests, and you are talking about Buhari and NIGERIA, when you haven't done your home work and cleanup your home mess.
The bolded is what I’m hampering about. Igbo independence is a pipe dream. So long no other group is championing secession, they’ll always gang up to keep you down. This idea of Biafra that was re-enacted in 1999 by enemies of Ndigbo is still emotionally attached to many of you. Anybody who keep alienating Igbos from the centre under the guise of fighting for an independent country is not in tune with reality in Africa.

You can have a long-term plan for a sovereign Igbo country, but at the moment Ndigbo need a short term survival plan in Nigeria. What are those plans? Simply get what you can get from Nigeria. Get back your political might and the rest will follow. Lost territories will follow and lost glory will follow as well.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 3:06pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

Let Igbo present an academic who has achieved anything close to his in history.You hate him because his works do not suit you,but they are quoted by most modern writers of NigerDelta history

My claim is a challenge to an acclaimed Professor of History. My thinking is that you would be irked, report to him and have him come and explain himself while he is still alive.

P.S: I have never met him in person, so I cannot hate him like you claimed.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
The bolded is what I’m hampering about. Igbo independence is a pipe dream. Anybody who keep alienating Igbos from the centre under the guise of fighting for an independent country is not in tube with reality in Africa.

Well, even if you want independence, you must first and foremost conquer your home turf politically, thereafter become a big player in the FG circles, only then can you begin to think of independence.

So yeah, the process of Igbo independence, requires a strong Igbo region within the framework of Nigerian political milleu first and foremost.
We are basically saying same thing.

4 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Putindbutt: 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:

Lol. Britannica is an academic fraudster, Cambridge University is an academic fraudster?

Keep Cherry picking the narratives that suits you. Exactly what you guys have been doing from page 1 till page 53.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 3:07pm On Dec 05, 2021
Vintagepipes:

....Well summarised.

.....The Bini did the same thing in Delta state.

.....They told the story and put it in Ika and Ukwuani psyche that Igbo means slave. For the Biniphilic, people from these places, this is what they were told.

.......I now ask this intelligent question, why would Eboe mean slave, when the greatest kingdom in your domain, Aboh when your ancestors arrived was Igbo.

They have the same blueprint...

understand that the Ejors learnt from the Binis, until Algoa erased it, this was their belief.
Actually,from the book Igboid was so eager to quote on Igbo metal smiths among the Southern Edo showed Igbos were migrants to Aboh.

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by BKayy: 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:
Before, you blame them ask if they have the information.
What then is their job?

Anyway we put it, they still have a portion in the blame but the lions share goes to any Igbo professor, PhD holder in History or senior lecturer, Dean or any resident in the department of History in any Igbo University across Nigeria.

If they couldn't discover this thing that we did here, I wonder what they teach the students and the principle they judge them with?

Let me tell you why I insist that a reasonable portion of the blame should be reserved for Ọhaneze Ndigbo is because it is their job to push for investigation into Alagoa's lies. How can they call themselves a pan Igbo association but see a particular group having Igbo culture, language etc and can't ascertain why they stopped being Igbo after the war. That will lead them to Alagoa's book of lies which will in turn make them to set a panel that will investigate it. When that is done, the result will be used to shame Alagoa and if possible sue him for cultural appropriation.

I am ashamed of all of them.

3 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:

My claim is a challenge to an acclaimed Professor of History. My thinking is that you would be irked, report to him and have him come and explain himself while he is still alive.

Explain to an inconsequential being?
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 3:12pm On Dec 05, 2021
9Pluto:

Lol, funny. And you’ll call him out on Nairaland grin.What do you take an erudite Professor as Alagoa for? Even though his history is fraudulent doesn't mean you can call him out as a child, unless you simply want to inflate your ego. You’ve done the best you can do with this thread, now allow others take up the battle and quite the chestbeating.

1 Like

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

Actually,from the book Igboid was so eager to quote on Igbo metal smiths among the Southern Edo showed Igbos were migrants to Aboh.

Lol! What's this?
Were Isokos not migrants to Isoko from Bini?

You are going mad o!

Didn't everyone migrate from somewhere? grin

5 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 3:13pm On Dec 05, 2021
Putindbutt:

Lol. Britannica is an academic fraudster, Cambridge University is an academic fraudster?

Keep Cherry picking the narratives that suits you. Exactly what you guys have been doing from page 1 till page 53.
Pay no heed to them.They are pained.

To them...how can "small Ijaw" have dominated and sold them off.Failing to understand that Nigeria was a blessing to them instead,elevated to this current position by the British.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
JANK23H:

A book written in 1970 that quoted sources like Alagoa and the Benin myth. grin. Throw that thing into the dustbin and fetch something convincing. It's similar to Nigeria going to the ICJ with books written by Nigerian Professors while Cameroon took sources from European explorers and colonialist. Who won the case at the end?

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by 9Pluto(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
Lol, funny. And you’ll call him out on Nairaland grin.What do you take an erudite Professor as Alagoa for? Even though his history is fraudulent doesn't mean you can call him out as a child, unless you simply want to inflate your ego. You’ve done the best you can do with this thread, now allow others take up the battle and quite the chestbeating.

A little misunderstanding here. While, I do not overrate Nairaland and I do not expect him to be here, it is my hope that someone would see this an draw his attention to it. A call out as I have used it is not inline with the current social media influenced usage.

2 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 3:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

Lol! What's this?
Were Isokos not migrants to Isoko from Bini?

You are going mad o!

Didn't everyone migrate from somewhere? grin
Contrary to your narrative,the Igbos met the Isokos in Aboh,the next page said some also migrated to Onitsha.
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Igboid: 3:17pm On Dec 05, 2021
BKayy:

What then is their job?

Anyway we put it, they still have a portion in the blame but the lions share goes to any Igbo professors, PhD holders in History or senior lecturer, Dean or any resident in the department of History in any Igbo University across Nigeria.

If they couldn't discover this thing that we did here, I wonder what they teach the students and the principle they judge them with?

Let me tell you why I insist that a reasonable portion of the blame should be reserved for Ọhaneze Ndigbo is because it is their job to push for investigation into Alagoa's lies. How can they call themselves a pan Igbo association but see a particular group having Igbo culture, language etc and can't ascertain why they stopped being Igbo after the war. That will lead them to Alagoa's book of lies which will in turn make them to set a panel that will investigate it. When that is done, the result will be used to shame Alagoa and if possible sue him for cultural appropriation.

I am ashamed of all of them.

No cap!
All Departments of History in SE Universities are a crying disgrace.
They are not worth a kobo spent on them.
They should probably all be shut down in sane climes and if we had a strong Political will.

7 Likes

Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by JANK23H(m): 3:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
Eastlink:
A book written in 1970 that quoted sources like Alagoa and the Benin myth. grin
Really.....

I thought it would have exposed how Igbos taught Yoruba metalsmithing.

cc Igboid
Re: The True Identity Of Bonny/Opobo People Facts Versus Fiction by Eastlink(m): 3:19pm On Dec 05, 2021
Igboid:

No cap!
All Departments of History in SE Universities are a crying disgrace.
They are not worth a kobo spent on them.
They should probably all be shut down in sane climes and if we had a strong Political will.
I agree with you. Intellectual laziness.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (91) (Reply)

Riot In Benin Calling For The Resignation Of Oshiomole / Nigerian Man Delivers Card And Flower To President Buhari In London. Photos / Dual Citizenship: Senate President, Speaker Risk Losing Seats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.