Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,710 members, 7,892,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 05:50 PM

What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? (205 Views)

Why Are Those Great Biblical Miracles Not Happening These Days? / Masquerade Dances With Pastors And Church Members In Church (Photos, Video) / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? by Truthsoldier(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2021
Hello naira landers

I have something disturbing my mind,as a Christian it irks my heart seeing the insult and lambasting that comes from those whom are not Christians concerning those who are,I don't feel bad not because it is not part of what we are going to see as Christians but because of the acts of some so-called Christians whom have given a reason to some whom are not of the faith to insult the faith,most especially those whom call themselves Men of God and even women of God, sometimes I just feel so bad that I don't read news that borders on such things.

I am not trying to say that pastors are perfect people but these days the activities perpetrated by those whom we call shepherds have become those who feed from the sheep,I was shocked to hear a man who claimed to be a man of God force himself on someone whom came for deliverance, and another one have to make a woman divorce her husband and marry him,that she is his true wife knowing that she is already married with kids,the recent one is a man whom claimed to be a man of God going to bed a woman looking for child that his sperms are holy sperms to make the woman free from spiritual husband.

Today we have those who call themselves men of God come on cable networks just to solicit for funds in naira and foreign currency, they attack each other verbally casting aspersions, they preach more and do less, they spend hours in prophecy and showmanship than to establish people on the truth of God's word, they are more title conscious than getting people saved from sin,they are more focused on costumes,clique and paraphernalia than to get men being built in all areas.

Huge sums go into the church accounts but poverty reeks in the church amongst the members, the promise of heaven but no earthly assistance from the brethren, it pained my heart to hear a preacher complain that some persons children including his could not attend the church's school that every district was charged to build because of its exorbitance,he was bitter saying it.

I pray for a revival and an overhaul Reformation in the Christianity of this country,I am a Christian and I am not ashamed of my faith,it is just that some bad eggs have crept in and is making nonsense of the Faith,but along with the faithful ones we pray there would be a mighty revival that will reawaken and restore the Christianity in this nation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:07pm On Nov 28, 2021
This is terrible,more reason why judgment must begin from the church.
Re: What Is Wrong With Pastors These Days? by Bigredmachine: 5:10pm On Nov 28, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Is Connecting To A Free Wifi In Ur Area A Sin / When You Convert... This Is For You. / You Are Mine.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.