Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,481 members, 7,974,965 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:51 PM

How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? (1522 Views)

I Have Been Able To Quit 2 Out These 3 Dangerous Addictions / 3 Things I Want You To Buy Before This Year Ends If You Want To Escape Poverty / Pregnant Lady Who Scaled Fence To Escape Fire Outbreak In Lagos, Gives Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Gobengroup(m): 8:19am On Nov 29, 2021
Is it really possible to escape poverty especially if you're from a very poor home in Nigeria. How easy/hard?

I believe there are rich men here (Averagely okay at least) who came from a poor background. How were you able to do it and what advice do you have for someone whose only heritage is Nigeria?

Please share your experience.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Athemisia: 8:28am On Nov 29, 2021
waiting to read lies....
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by NOGRUDGES(m): 8:45am On Nov 29, 2021
People wey don escape poverty where una dey?
Poverty dey actively chase people o
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 29, 2021
Learning a skill
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by frosy1(m): 9:06am On Nov 29, 2021
I nova escape am ooo. I am still trapped in it ooo....
Let hear from those who made it legitimately or illegitimately.

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2021
Let's wait and read, while I aggressively sell my wares, na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement,I dey try escape poverty ooo
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 29, 2021
NOGRUDGES:
People wey don escape poverty where una dey?
Poverty dey actively chase people o
Lol... I wanted to post this! grin
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Gobengroup(m): 4:52pm On Aug 24
@AnoNeeMouz
I hope you'll be able to teach some of us that are serious and looking for ways to make money online..

Love what you're doing on here.. I hope Dog cook 🐶🦴
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by philest222(m): 9:24pm On Aug 24
Forex will take you out poverty but not in a short time(a year)

4 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by tnerro1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24
1. On God
2. Hope( not the renew type oo)
3. Willing to work , someone once said work smart, not hard.
4. Smart/ intelligent- know when to take ur opportunities
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by EDOSBROWN: 1:23am On Aug 25
I travel to Europe
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by RealityKings: 8:26am On Aug 25
EDOSBROWN:
I travel to Europe
Its not cheap
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by LalastiklaIa(m): 2:04am On Aug 29
Gobengroup:
@AnoNeeMouz
I hope you'll be able to teach some of us that are serious and looking for ways to make money online..

Love what you're doing on here.. I hope Dog cook 🐶🦴

That guy is a no no

When asking for someone to show you way.

Delete him of your list

Na to dey run mouth like tap he sabi
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Fairview1(f): 4:37am On Aug 29
If you are under 25, invest 80% of the money you make on personal improvement and self development opportunities including both formal and informal education.

Make sure you learn any monetizeable skills, most especially those that would expose you to rich people's contacts/homes. Don't just learn, learn with purpose.

If you are a guy, forget about women and cast all focus on yourself except from your mum and sister.

Anything from 26, set annual goals, which can be done either on your birthdays, or new year day, and do everything within your power to accomplish them.

Your goals should have minimum 10 points across 10 different areas. Eg:.

Career Goals.
Business Goals.
Academic Goals.
Financial Goals.
Health Goals
Spiritual Goals
Family Goals.
Etc....according to your need per time.

Career goals could go this way;

1. To round up my graphics design skills acquisition by September 30th.

2. To get an internship with Mid-level digital hub by October 1st.

3. To improve your professional network by 10contacts by November 30th.

4. To increase your salary by 30% by December 31st.

Etc.......

When you focus on doing all these and you are intentional about them, you will eventually become the most interesting guy amongst your peers and subsequently among your colleagues. If you keep to it, over time opportunities will keep chasing you.

Now most importantly, in all of these, never get involved in a transaction in which the next person will feel cheated and think of you as being selfish. Be honest and sincere in everything you do, it's not always easy to find honest people, and when good people see an honest person, they can do anything to keep them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:01am On Aug 29
Fairview1:
If you are under 25, invest 80% of the money you make on personal improvement and self development opportunities including both formal and informal education.

Make sure you learn any monetizeable skills, most especially those that would expose you to rich people's contacts/homes. Don't just learn, learn with purpose.

If you are a guy, forget about women and cast all focus on yourself except from your mum and sister.

Anything from 26, set annual goals, which can be done either on your birthdays, or new year day, and do everything within your power to accomplish them.

Your goals should have minimum 10 points across 10 different areas. Eg:.

Career Goals.
Business Goals.
Academic Goals.
Financial Goals.
Health Goals
Spiritual Goals
Family Goals.
Etc....according to your need per time.

Career goals could go this way;

1. To round up my graphics design skills acquisition by September 30th.

2. To get an internship with Mid-level digital hub by October 1st.

3. To improve your professional network by 10contacts by November 30th.

4. To increase your salary by 30% by December 31st.

Etc.......

When you focus on doing all these and you are intentional about them, you will eventually become the most interesting guy amongst your peers and subsequently among your colleagues. If you keep to it, over time opportunities will keep chasing you.

Now most importantly, in all of these, never get involved in a transaction in which the next person will feel cheated and think of you as being selfish. Be honest and sincere in everything you do, it's not always easy to find honest people, and when good people see an honest person, they can do anything to keep them.
Wow! This is awesome! I'll love to be friends with you if you don't mind. I need people like this around me most especially at this point in time

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Meedon: 9:30am On Aug 29
May the good Lord grant each and everyone the tools and machineries, necessary to combat and ultimately triumph against this demeaning quagmaritic and waist bending lifestyle called poverty.
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Fairview1(f): 4:50pm On Aug 29
YoungDaNaval:
Wow! This is awesome! I'll love to be friends with you if you don't mind. I need people like this around me most especially at this point in time

We are friends here already. Or are we not?
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by YoungDaNaval(m): 4:57pm On Aug 29
Fairview1:

We are friends here already. Or are we not?
Nah, I meant both here and offline...and for clarity, I meant just friends. No more no less
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Blaxie: 12:19am On Sep 02
philest222:
Forex will take you out poverty but not in a short time(a year)

You know ball💯

That shii is truly a life hack once you get it right.
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by galantjoe(m): 2:51am On Sep 02
How I escape poverty
1. First of all discover you core competency what you can do better. So I discovered I can use high education to earn living.

2. I learned from other people mistake or encounters. Fir example senior brother relied on my maternal uncle to train him in school or skills, he failed him woefully. That was when I was in primary 6. I decided to start on time not to rely on any body for my education.
3. I worked toward achieving my dream by reading vastly to gather knowledge required to sufficiently earn better degree and practical know-how of any choose course. So I earned it
To be continued
Re: How Were You Able To Escape Poverty? by Nice2023(m): 7:03am On Sep 02
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

How To Have Standing Boobs / "I Love You, But I Need Money" ( That's What She Said ) / You Have A Yoruba And Non-yoruba Parent (SE, SS, Middlebelt ), Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.