Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,878 members, 7,872,897 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job (28061 Views)

Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / Interested And Qualified To Work On The Egina FPSO / Help !!! Total Egina Fpso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by NOETHNICITY(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:
I don't quite get what this post is for??

Clout chasing? Caricature? Oppression? Pride? Self awareness? Narcissism? Rebellion?

People dey oo
The thing just tire me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.

nice means you have millions in the bank
and dont need a job

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Elsueno: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
So.......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Saifullah01: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
OP,
Don't mind the negative comment from all these small minds that think everything is for show of. It's because we don't share anything of worth that's why the Nigerian cyberspace is baren and filled with scammer.

Imagine you want to know how much the pay of someone in your industry, with your experience, in Nigeria and all those stuff - This post just partly answers it.

To get this kind of vital info I need to start searching foreign blogs like monster.com, indeed, glassdoor etc. But here we have it and all you guys say is - so what?

Thanks for sharing OP.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by seyz91(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin i no understand

More like bragging
KillIgbohoN0W:

Clout chasing? Caricature? Oppression? Pride? Self awareness? Narcissism? Rebellion?

People dey oo

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by seyz91(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy
preacherz:
Wahala for who no know him worth.

Half baked Hungry Nigerian Engineers looking at this Post like this

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Femich18(m): 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Why are you telling us? What is the moral of this story?

Maybe he should tell us o
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by seyz91(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy
Passionate888:
Nice story.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by seyz91(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
cheesy
22o62021:
Keep telling lies
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Amalekki: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin my people my people
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by house10s: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
clap for ur self
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by fashrola(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.

Are you working onboard LNG tanker vessel?

Taking that FPSO job it's cool even though the pay is very poor, but at least it will boost your CV and give you more time with your family

Or try and get a Motor CoC and get a job in our coastal water, at least with DPVM you get to be paid 1.3 million per month

4 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Nobody: 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
preacherz:
Wahala for who no know him worth.

Half baked Hungry Nigerian Engineers looking at this Post like this
So you believed him?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by JayB11(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

Know your worth.....i am glad you know yours. Happy mid week.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by peleson1: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

Onward together...
I'm a Mariner too..
Eto....

Which institution in the UK is good for Class..... CoC for ETO. .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Nobody: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

People dey oo

I also rejected a N10m per day job.

Who brought this to FP

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Kobicove(m): 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
KillIgbohoN0W:

People dey oo
Na so me sef dey wonder o grin
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by arantess: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

ok so??
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Golan007: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
Albert0011:
Where Una dey see this kind mind dey get?
3500$ undecided

It's small actually.

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by fashrola(m): 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
peleson1:

Onward together...
I'm a Mariner too..
Eto....

Which institution in the UK is good for Class..... CoC for ETO. .

Right now the dollar to Pound rate is mad and you gonna need an Estimate of 10-12 million naira for ETO course in the UK

Or your best bet is Ghana , at least with 4-5 million can get you the CoC

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Golan007: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Joysticks:
So you believed him?

Of course.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by dontai(m): 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Great for knowing your worth, it's a language that's strange to us over here. Especially to those people that are commenting otherwise, naa jealousy dey pepper them for body. Bros nothing do you.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2021
Golan007:

Of course.
ok.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Bubblewitch: 5:33pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

Why the info? Pride goes before a fall

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by adamsflick(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
dodoatirice:
Mhen

So please what now happen?
This is an incomplete story na

December 1, First to Cemment grin grin grin
And i be firstborn

This guy abeg go update your story for your thread na
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Jaqenhghar: 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

I assume you already have a job. Either that or people with your expertise are paid more
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by wagesofsin: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
Onward together...
I'm a Mariner too..
Eto....

Which institution in the UK is good for Class..... CoC for ETO.

Try South Tyneside College in South Shields. That is a very good Marine College.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by IvarDboneless: 5:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
A lot of illitrate Nigerians don't even know what an FPSO mean...12years experience with a UK certification...u be hot cake bro...I envy you oh

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by mocipe: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Why are you telling us? What is the moral of this story?

Relocate to UK for studying.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by zed7: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
It was in the 90s and 2000s employers cared about foreign degrees. What they want now is experience, productivity and results.
Nobody cares about your UK acquired certificate. What are you bringing to the table? Show also what you have been able to do so far.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Way4orward: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2021
WE ARE GATHERING MONEY TO BAIL DAMNN NIGARR .

ALL THE NAIRALANDERS PLEASE DO SOMETHING.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Omniman(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2021
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

NPA Or Efcc, Which Of These Jobs Is The Best With Good Pay, Please Help / I Just Got A Banking Job But Age Falsification Is Standing In My Way / Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Private Bankers Recruitment 2017 (Nationwide)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.