Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,256 members, 7,887,740 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:06 PM

How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job (28108 Views)

Finally Got Job From One Of The Two Jobs I Rejected / Interested And Qualified To Work On The Egina FPSO / Help !!! Total Egina Fpso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
peleson1:

Onward together...
I'm a Mariner too..
Eto....

Which institution in the UK is good for Class..... CoC for ETO. .

Baba na South Shields, Blackpool and Southampton we finish the marine mater oo.

Ah ETO. Nice. Teekay Dey find ETO and the pay is good. About £4000 per month. Check them on LinkedIn bro.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by tunapawizzy: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

If you can’t relate with the post, just waka pass. People wey need the post understand me.

Bro read and waka pass please
ok
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by solochris(m): 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
Blaksheep:
Brother u get mind... God go do am for you.

Will you keep quite

Wetin again you want make God do for him
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by fashrola(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

I used to but I moved and I want to keep moving. I have a motor time on the DFDEs but not the ticket yet cos I had to go back to school. Now I am looking for land based jobs or something close to home for family sake.

I would advise you to get Motor ticket since you've done the sea time.... At least with UK motor ticket you are sure of a good job offer onboard offshore vessels here in Nigeria

Offshore vessel jobs is flexible and gives you more time with your family also

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
BabaIbo:

OP's post is incomplete, that is the issue.

Since you're OP's spokesperson, let me ask you, what is the purpose of this post and the lesson he is passing?
What is the correlation between $3500 and #9m?

The correlation is that I currently earn in dollars that is why I made ref to USD
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by fashrola(m): 6:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

Baba na South Shields, Blackpool and Southampton we finish the marine mater oo.

Ah ETO. Nice. Teekay Dey find ETO and the pay is good. About £4000 per month. Check them on LinkedIn bro.

ETO are hotcakes ooo..... And they pay them well too over here
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by confidant: 6:57pm On Dec 01, 2021
When will you become a Chief Engineer? If you’re still a 3rd Engineer after putting in 12 years.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 6:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT US TO DO ABOUT THIS NOW...TA LO BERE EJO LOWO E BAYI

Nothing actually my brother.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Trulydude(m): 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Kaji banza buta, I got nothing to benefit from your post, though what you did might be the right thing, but do you think we got another offer for you here?
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Spherical77(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

Nothing actually my brother.
please bro just ignore any negativity on your post. No point engaging them
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by trevorhorace(m): 7:09pm On Dec 01, 2021
lafiagi007:
If you know your worth, you'll never compromise standards

Better hunger never nack you grin

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
And I dey here hunger wan finish me I just dey find 1k, God abeg oo we r all equal in ur image abeg God,�☹️☹️
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by TeddBundy: 7:15pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.

Know your worth, king and stick to it
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by drealcivilceno(m): 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
preacherz:
Wahala for who no know him worth.

Half baked Hungry Nigerian Engineers looking at this Post like this

Okwu ta kwa ghi ni ikè ghí
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
RubiesBanking:

From your previous post that's around 2020 you indicated your 20 years old, how come you have 12 years experience in your field?

We should be professional enough with our lies please, thank you.

Oga I am 36 years old and I can’t remember where I said I was 20 years old in 2020. Ah na you born me? I have ND, HND, PD, BSc and MSc and about starting my PhD So tell me how I want take be 20 years old having all that.

You people can hate anything haba.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
confidant:
When will you become a Chief Engineer? If you’re still a 3rd Engineer after putting in 12 years.

I have my sea time of over 34 months. I had to go back to school so I’m done with that. I will get my chiefs next year. That’s my target for 2022.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by ArticleBeast: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
zed7:
It was in the 90s and 2000s employers cared about foreign degrees. What they want now is experience, productivity and results.
Nobody cares about your UK acquired certificate. What are you bringing to the table? Show also what you have been able to do so far.
Be deceiving yourself. In Naija a foreign degree is an hot cake
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by fof1: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
seyz91:
grin i no understand

More like bragging

Low Mentality...
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by zed7: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2021
ArticleBeast:

Be deceiving yourself. In Naija a foreign degree is an hot cake
You are deluded. Go and create a thread on how many unemployed foreign degree holders we have in Lagos jostling for 100k jobs and get a response.

2 Likes

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by Muzikluva(m): 7:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
tunapawizzy:
WHAT EXACTLY DO YOU WANT US TO DO ABOUT THIS NOW...TA LO BERE EJO LOWO E BAYI
Elejo oshi ni bobo yen. Alainironu grin cheesy
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by AlexB300: 7:49pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:
So a friend sent me a job advert on LinkedIn of a firm looking for a Steam experienced 3rd marine engineer to work on an FPSO in Nigeria.

I sent out my CV to the firm and they got back to me 4 days later asking me to look at the pay scale and reaffirm if they should proceed with the process.

Looking at the pay scale, it was way below what I was expecting and I had to reject it with the below message.

I will be willing to discuss further if the pay is in dollars and monthly take home is above $3500.

NB:

I am UK schooled with all the necessary certifications and very well experienced in my field with double digit years (12 years) experience.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by AlexB300: 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
izzy4shizzy:
Because you are UK schooled you come the rub for our face ne.

Alaye no the raise shoulder, nothing dey this world

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
My God.

So much negativity on my harmless post.

If anyone knows me, bragging can’t be associated with me. I know how empty life is and uncertain the breath we take can be so I don’t take life too seriously at all.

My main reason for making this post is to show my displeasure with the underpayment of Nigerians and it is not acceptable by all means. The marine industry is a very expensive industry and the certifications do not come cheap so the remuneration should equate that but in Nigeria, it is not so.

How I wish we all know our worth and class so we negotiate better in life.

I know things are hard in naija and people are barely surviving. I pray we all get sorted someday and somehow.

Peace.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by AlexB300: 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
RubiesBanking:

From your previous post that's around 2020 you indicated your 20 years old, how come you have 12 years experience in your field?

We should be professional enough with our lies please, thank you.
i see am too o grin
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by tunize(m): 7:52pm On Dec 01, 2021
Fidelismaria:
Why are you telling us? What is the moral of this story?
Moral of the story is know your worth by setting a standard. Nor be HND,Bsc,masters or PhD student when Dem go tell seh Dem go pay 25k for one month e go jump up dey thank God.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 7:53pm On Dec 01, 2021
AlexB300:
you got admission 2013 and graduated 2017. How you come get 12 years experience this 2021. wink wink

Bro I was working and schooling. That is how it is done in the UK marine industry. So when you graduate, you have the needed experience to kick start your sea career. Haba uncle why the hate?

I started my sea career in 2006. Olodo man like you. Fvck off

Na wa oooo

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
AlexB300:
i see am too o grin

What did you see? Your IQ must be very low to think I am 22.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by yaseer111: 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

NB:

sorry

1 Like

Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by joeking2222: 8:06pm On Dec 01, 2021
zed7:
It was in the 90s and 2000s employers cared about foreign degrees. What they want now is experience, productivity and results.
Nobody cares about your UK acquired certificate. What are you bringing to the table? Show also what you have been able to do so far.
Bia, u tink say uk schools b like nigeria higher institution where a computer engineering graduate no fit ON a DESKTOP COMPUTER, talkless of operating d software in it. Uk schools are 100% fit in terms of practicals.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by AlexB300: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
MARSONE:

Bro I was working and schooling. That is how it is done in the UK marine industry. So when you graduate, you have the needed experience to kick start your sea career. Haba uncle why the hate?

I started my sea career in 2006. Olodo man like you. Fvck off

Na wa oooo
okay sir
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by MARSONE: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
AlexB300:
you got admission 2013 and graduated 2017. How you come get 12 years experience this 2021. wink wink

Bros na wa for you ooo. When did I tell you that I got admission in 2013? Are you dreaming ? As at 2013, I was already having 3 years and more experience. Baba rest I beg. Don’t talk trash for talking sake.

And for all saying I am 22, as Una been Dey when my mama born me na so make Una enjoy. Yeye and angry generation. I am not your problem rather Buhari is.
Re: How I Rejected N9 Million P.A. FPSO Job by zed7: 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
joeking2222:

Bia, u tink say uk schools b like nigeria higher institution where a computer engineering graduate no fit ON a DESKTOP COMPUTER, talkless of operating d software in it. Uk schools are 100% fit in terms of practicals.
Keep quiet and understand the topic. The dumb ones are always in a rush to comment. Are we talking of fishes here?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mactay CBT Invite For Globacom CCR / Updated Vacancies 3.0 '20 / NPA Or Efcc, Which Of These Jobs Is The Best With Good Pay, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.