Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,918 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:48 AM

Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage (944 Views)

Man Dragged Off Flight For Saying Tinubu Must Not Be Sworn In As President / #EndSARS Massive turnout in Warri As Protesters Take Over Major Roads. / Video: Serious Tension In Warri As Youths Vow Retaliation On Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by hisexcellency34: 5:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage In Lagos

There was chaos in Warri on Wednesday as most passengers aboard an Air Peace flight who boarded a flight from Lagos to Warri Airport were told their luggage will arrive on Thursday.

The visibly angry passengers told DAILY INDEPENDENT correspondent that the flight, P47210 which was initially scheduled for 7:30 am was delayed for six hours and changed to 1:30 pm.

They said despite that, the flight left Lagos at exactly 2:30 pm.

On getting to Warri, while waiting for their checked-in luggage, an official of the airline informed them that the luggage was left behind in Lagos and will arrive the next day.

Speaking with DAILY INDEPENDENT, one of the passengers, a lady, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said the airline did not inform them earlier about the time change and also failed to notify them that the luggage was left behind in Lagos.

” I left my home this morning as early as 5 am so as to arrive at the airport early because the flight is initially scheduled for 7:30 am. On getting to the airport, we were informed that the departure time has changed to 1:30 pm. Many of us were angry and questioned the officials of the airline on why they didn’t inform us earlier. We risked our lives to arrive at the airport early.

“Even the 1:30 pm time was not adhered to. We left Lagos by 2:30 pm. On arrival in Warri, an official of the airline told us that only a few luggage were on the plane and the others will arrive the next day (Thursday). We were at the airport for more than six hours and nobody informed us that our luggage will be left behind”.

” They were so rude and unprofessional. Right now, all I have with me is my phone and charger. Every other item are in the luggage and I have nobody in Warri” she said.

When contacted, the spokesman of the airline, Stanley Olisa, who confirmed the development said the passengers were informed that some of the luggage will be left behind in Lagos because of weight restriction and safety concerns.

He said all the passengers agreed before the flight departed Lagos.

“We had weight restriction on that aircraft and the passengers were advised about it. It was announced and they all agreed to it before the flight departed. They were all briefed that there was a weight restriction.

“Just 25 pieces of luggage was dropped. Some luggage went with the flight. But the truth is that they were all informed that there is weight restriction and in the interest of safety, that decision has to be made.”

However, speaking to our correspondent, another passenger said the spokesman was economical with the truth as they were not informed.

“If they had informed me, I would have removed my money and one or two clothes from my luggage. Will I be wearing this same shirt all through today and tomorrow? The spokesman lied. Nobody informed us. I don’t think I will ever board Air Peace again in my life,” he said.
https://independent.ng/chaos-in-warri-as-air-peace-delays-flight-for-6hrs-abandons-passengers-luggage-in-lagos/

Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by Malory: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
I hope Air Peace has not entered the hands of the Fulanis
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by Solsix(m): 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nawa, companies don't pay for damages in Nigeria
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by bolaayenimo: 5:43pm On Dec 01, 2021
What if anything get missing in their luggage
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by Bantu10: 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2021
Malory:
Anything the fulanis touch, they kill.
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by headSmasher: 5:47pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by nairavsdollars(f): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
how can you leave people's luggage behind till the next day?
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by omowolewa: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Air Peace is passing through a difficult time, pray for them

nairavsdollars:
what kind of prayer are we going to pray now

Operational Wisdom and Customer Peace of mind
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by nairavsdollars(f): 6:27pm On Dec 01, 2021
what kind of prayer are we going to pray now
omowolewa:
Air Peace is passing through a difficult time, pray for them
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by dasparrow: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2021
Customer service is zero in Nigeria unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by nairavsdollars(f): 7:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
and Nigerians dont know their rights
dasparrow:
Customer service is zero in Nigeria unfortunately.
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by bolaayenimo: 8:11pm On Dec 01, 2021
Air Peace belongs to Oscar Onyema. No Fulani has a single share in it
Malory:
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by hisexcellency34: 7:14am On Dec 02, 2021
front man
bolaayenimo:
Air Peace belongs to Oscar Onyema. No Fulani has a single share in it
Re: Chaos In Warri As Air Peace Delays Flight For 6hrs, Abandons Passengers’ Luggage by nairavsdollars(f): 10:02am On Dec 03, 2021
Fronting for who?
hisexcellency34:
front man

(1) (Reply)

Obiano Retires Obi From Politics / EXCLUSIVE: Police Department Set To Investigate Nigerian Diplomat / So IPOB Didn't Kill Anybody Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.