Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,242 members, 7,950,317 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 12:03 PM

Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow (1163 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu May Remain In Custody Till September As Judges Begin Vacation / Bomb Attack: Why Nnamdi Kanu May End Up Like Maina - Ohanaeze Attacks IPOB / Jubril From Sudan: Why Nnamdi Kanu May Be Right – Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by TonyRazor(m): 7:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
TonyRazor
Nnamdi Kanu may be released tomorrow

The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu may released tomorrow.

This was confirmed by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

It was also learnt from Nigerian government lawyers that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

"Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

"This is in response to Igbo elders' request for his release," one of the sources said on Wednesday.

President Muhammadu Buhari had said on Friday, November 19 that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader as sought by elder statesmen from the South-East.

Buhari had, however, added that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

Buhari said this while receiving a group under the aegis of Highly Respected Igbo Greats, led by First Republic parliamentarian and Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, at State House, Abuja, earlier in November.

Amaechi, a nonagenarian, had described the situation in the South-East as “painful and pathetic,” lamenting that businesses have collapsed, education crumbling, and fear everywhere.

He had pleaded for a political, rather than military solution, requesting that if Kanu was released to him as the only First Republic Minister still alive, “he (Kanu) would no longer say the things he had been saying,” stressing that he could control him, “not because I have anything to do with them (IPOB), but I am highly respected in Igbo land today."

A Presidential media aide, Femi Adesina, had revealed this in a statement titled, “President Buhari to Igbo Leaders: Your demand for Nnamdi Kanu’s release is heavy. I will consider it.”

However, in his response, Buhari had said, “You’ve made an extremely difficult demand on me as leader of this country. The implication of your request is very serious. In the last six years, since I became President, nobody would say I have confronted or interfered in the work of the Judiciary. God has spared you, and given you a clear head at this age, with very sharp memory. A lot of people half your age are confused already. But the demand you made is heavy. I will consider it."

Stressing his policy of non-interference with the Judiciary, the President said when Kanu jumped bail, got arrested and was brought back to the country, “I said the best thing was to subject him to the system. Let him make his case in court, instead of giving very negative impressions of the country from the outside. I feel it’s even a favour to give him that opportunity.

The IPOB leader is currently standing trial at the Federal High Court, Abuja for terrorism-related charges.

Kanu was arrested in Kenya and renditioned to Nigeria in June.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Malory: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Good news
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by headSmasher: 7:21pm On Dec 01, 2021
Buhari the "zoo" master has shown kanu and all igbo, that he holds the keys of their so called "zoo", he can lock Kanu mumundi the monkey and also release him to stray away, buhari decided to put kanu in perpetual bondage using a mere Fulani woman.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Lambaman: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by linkers: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
Buhari and his evil government has no option. Is the Boko haram that killed innocent Nigerians not granted presidential pardon?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Hangmnk: 7:22pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin let's laugh together

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by headSmasher: 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2021
linkers:
Buhari and his evil government has no option. Is the Boko haram that killed innocent Nigerians not granted presidential pardon?
No option Indeed
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Anago55: 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nnamdi kanu can only be transferred to prison custody tommorow and not release. If you believe Buhari will just release nnamdi kanu just like that after breaking international rules of engagement as regards to the illegal arrest of this young man ,then I can't help but laugh at your infant brain
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by kettykings: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2021
If this is true, God bless ohanezd
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by banom(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
Anago55:
Nnamdi kanu can only be transferred to prison custody tommorow and not release. If you believe Buhari will just release nnamdi kanu just like that after breaking international rules of engagement as regards to the illegal arrest of this young man ,then I can't help but laugh at your infant brain

Hate has belittled your reasoning..... breaking of international protocols is exactly the reason they want to release him to go. Nigeria government just realized that they scored an own goal by commiting international crime in order to capture him..... besides what exactly did he do other than the fact that he is seeking for self determination for Biafrans. The government knows that If they hold him for a 100 years it will still not help the government..... besides it is risky to continue holding him there, what if he dies in their custody , you think it will be funny ?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by michlins(m): 7:35pm On Dec 01, 2021
Anago55:
if these people know the extra miles Buhari went to capture him, you will know he can't be released just like that.

Buhari is making a point with him. Best option for Nnamdi Kanu currently is to remain in lock up. The conditions that will be attached to his "unconditional release" will most likely include him singing the national anthem on national TV and denouncing Biafra after that.

He's in for a long while at least until better part of next year until 2023 elections where his release will be used to appeal to his followers

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by BombAttack(f): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2021
michlins:
if these people know the extra miles Buhari went to capture him, you will know he can't be released just like that.

Buhari is making a point with him. Best option for Nnamdi Kanu currently is to remain in lock up. The conditions that will be attached to his "unconditional release" will most likely include him singing the national anthem on national TV and denouncing Biafra after that.

He's in for a long while at least until better part of next year until 2023 elections where his release will be used to appeal to his followers

You guys like rambling all over social media and you know nothing.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by FamTomx2(m): 7:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
If verified, Better Oh!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by jmoore(m): 8:00pm On Dec 01, 2021
grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Bimpe29: 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2021
Baba has spoken the language they understand

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Godons1: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
TonyRazor:
TonyRazor
Nnamdi Kanu may be released tomorrow

The leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu may released tomorrow.

This was confirmed by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

It was also learnt from Nigerian government lawyers that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

"Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

"This is in response to Igbo elders' request for his release," one of the sources said on Wednesday.

President Muhammadu Buhari had said on Friday, November 19 that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader as sought by elder statesmen from the South-East.

Buhari had, however, added that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

Buhari said this while receiving a group under the aegis of Highly Respected Igbo Greats, led by First Republic parliamentarian and Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, at State House, Abuja, earlier in November.

Amaechi, a nonagenarian, had described the situation in the South-East as “painful and pathetic,” lamenting that businesses have collapsed, education crumbling, and fear everywhere.

He had pleaded for a political, rather than military solution, requesting that if Kanu was released to him as the only First Republic Minister still alive, “he (Kanu) would no longer say the things he had been saying,” stressing that he could control him, “not because I have anything to do with them (IPOB), but I am highly respected in Igbo land today."

A Presidential media aide, Femi Adesina, had revealed this in a statement titled, “President Buhari to Igbo Leaders: Your demand for Nnamdi Kanu’s release is heavy. I will consider it.”

However, in his response, Buhari had said, “You’ve made an extremely difficult demand on me as leader of this country. The implication of your request is very serious. In the last six years, since I became President, nobody would say I have confronted or interfered in the work of the Judiciary. God has spared you, and given you a clear head at this age, with very sharp memory. A lot of people half your age are confused already. But the demand you made is heavy. I will consider it."

Stressing his policy of non-interference with the Judiciary, the President said when Kanu jumped bail, got arrested and was brought back to the country, “I said the best thing was to subject him to the system. Let him make his case in court, instead of giving very negative impressions of the country from the outside. I feel it’s even a favour to give him that opportunity.

The IPOB leader is currently standing trial at the Federal High Court, Abuja for terrorism-related charges.

Kanu was arrested in Kenya and renditioned to Nigeria in June.

This is the joke of the century. grin grin grin grin

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by Godons1: 9:36pm On Dec 01, 2021
Hangmnk:
grin let's laugh together

Make I help you grin

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu May Be Released Tomorrow by slimfit1(m): 1:29am On Dec 02, 2021
headSmasher:
Buhari the "zoo" master has shown kanu and all igbo, that he holds the keys of their so called "zoo", he can lock Kanu mumundi the monkey and also release him to stray away, buhari decided to put kanu in perpetual bondage using a mere Fulani woman.

It's unfortunate that we are being ruled by a coward with power.

(1) (Reply)

300 Monarchs Backing Tinubu For 2023 Presidency – Campaign Coordinator / Spokesman-garba-shehu-follows-tinubu-support-group-twitter / Tinubu Is Physically And Mentally Sick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.