Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,635 members, 7,918,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 09:20 PM

Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies (20473 Views)

Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Babastrong(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Me bullying?
my physical appearance plus sturbborness always repelled them from me.
even if i came late to school, they (senior) would just pretend as if they didn't see me.
THE WAY I LEARNED IT, THE KID IN THE SCHOOL YARD WHO DOESN'T WANT TO FIGHT ALWAYS LEAVES WITH A BLACK EYE. IF YOU INDICATE YOU'LL DO ANYTHING TO AVOID TROUBLE, THAT'S WHEN YOU GET TROUBLE.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Drefaithful(m): 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
All what you guys referred to as bully is just a mere child play, in NMS.

Anybody that attends NMS his life will never remain the same.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by JBoss25(m): 10:18pm On Dec 04, 2021
TEEJHEY:
I was never bullied while in school because I was tough myself and I never bullied no one...
U dare not bully me because I rolled with d toughest guys in school..
Nulli Secundus...
ur school was soft then grin
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by brio1408: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
That should be "Eleboto". He is now a gentle guy now.
Oxtertee:
Their is this popular notorious guy (Emeka), that have toured orogun grammar sch, ISI, Ajibodẹ & Abadina college i guess but was expelled. the guy was a torn in the flesh to students of Abadina college, orogun gra sch & ajibode as he always lay ambush for student who dare pass through un authourise route to enter the sch, like jumping the fence to enter the parked sch bus, using the forest route form Orogun to enter the hall or the green field route. He will waylay students on those route, ransack them and atimes seize their sanders. The guy atimes enter the sch, & there is also a big pond not far from abadina college where student go to swim, your own don finish if you are caught by Emeka, except you went with a senior or with a rugged guy. I have been a victim of his bully and obtain on many occasions
Na my Egbon & his click rescue me back den
AusterT, egbon seun kabadi, egbon Abass, ẹ̀gbọ́n Toba etc, also my classmate Ẹ̀gbọ́n Monsur and Muideen, we were classmate but they were way older and are also street guys at shasha, so with them, no shaking.

Abadina college UI ibadan, 2000-2006 set can relate

Johnson, God will purnish you for trying to drag me to that barren wicked vp back them, if not for ẹ̀gbọ́n Monsur that came to my rescue.

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Emmerlee(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Everyone here trying to form victim. I'm sure there are real bullies here on nairaland. You see them everyday insulting other tribes and trying to bully them into submission.

One day una go jabo real life or meet una match and waterloo. Evil things, Nonsense angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
Quincy73:
Ghana Ghana
We are not interested!
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Hollysaint: 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
These stories are sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by ciro11(m): 10:22pm On Dec 04, 2021
I had my own share of being bullied when I was in ss1, I was just admitted into ss1 at a federal government college, there was this ss3 guy who was a boarder that always extorted me, maybe because he saw that I was new and little in appearance compared to him and I stood no chance against him, so anytime he sees me he calls me over to the boys hostel, threatens me and forces me to give him all my money and then he'll tell me to go. Although all through his stay in the school he never touched or slapped me but I hated him for collecting money from me again and again and again.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Firstorderwizard(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
selfemployed:

That year in St. Augustine's Nkwere when the Senior Prefect, Ancient, literally broke the arm bone of a student. Yet nothing happened. No justice.

Which year did this happen?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Drefaithful(m): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
JBoss25:
ur school was soft then grin

How I wish you can go back and give NMS a trial.

You go know say na lesson you go.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Ademola121(m): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
I was very shy and gentle in school. So it was like I became a spot for everyone even girls would ride me until one Friday.

My bully came to me to floor me again like he always did but unfortunately I landed him just 2 elbows in the back. Everyone heard the sound it was like thunder! Gbim gbim!

��

Just 2 elbows publicly and that was the end. He couldn’t even move on the floor. This happened in js2 and I enjoyed immunity till I left in ss1.

The best thing is to confront your bully. They have their fears too, in fact they are weaker than their victims when pushed to the wall.

If you can’t confront your bully, learn to use your enemy.

I encouraged my children to take taekwando classes so they won’t be like me ☺️☺️

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
ComeToJesus:

Same grandpa that gave you the morale asked you to stop fighting. This is so hilarious. grin
The thing shock him oo. He didn't know I would become that powerful cos I was a cry baby cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by ukaface(f): 10:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
If all of Una be the bullied,where are the bullies

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Bolaji26(m): 10:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
tongue tongue tongue tongue
abeeee:

Silent killer

The nick no dey pain me again.

tongue
He don used to body tongue
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by bjtinz: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
I was very thin and they gave me a name. I never liked that name but was not strong enough to fight anybody.
Thank God I was brillant. Some strong guys decided to protect me because they feel they will benefit from me in the major exams.

Still, it never stopped them sometimes from calling me that offensive name. I never loved it but had to live by it.
Worst of it was some my fellow senior colleagues calling me same name before the juniors.
When I decided to live by it and refused showing angry face whenever they call me that name, many of them stopped it.
The way the name phased out still remain a misery to me.

Moral lesson is to learn to ignore bullies although it can be hard some times.

Lol. Just like I'm reading my own history. I was also thin, as in painfully skinny, and was the butt of hurtful name-calling. Though they never got physical with me, but the nicknames they gave me were painful.

However what I lacked in body mass, was made up with intelligence, and was among the brightest in the class and loved by teachers and, like your case, even some of the bullies.

Life truly can be funny. Many years down, you won't believe that I'm currently battling excessive weight. . . embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by shutupareyouGOD: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
My own case left me feeling I was now the bully.

I was a quiet child but I Dey craze….very few ppl knew I Dey stubborn since I was also quiet and so this girl decided to mess with me….she threw my slippers and ran….I went to pick my slippers….the next hour we went to fetch water and I asked her why did u throw my slippers…she no free answer me…na so I pour her water….she then poured my water …next thing fight started….I beat her eh and she had swollen chicks…she didn’t believe I could beat her cuz she was taller and chubby but she didn’t know I had strong bones she fell and had swollen chicks…I was scared and instantly regretted my actions….my parents had to go with me with ribena to apologize to her parents and made me apologize to her….I was scared sha…what if I injured her…..after that she and her friends stopped talking to me…I was fine by it as long as u no come throw my slippers again….plus it was a defining moment in my life…I learnt to control my anger and after that I let things go all through secondary school and uni days …if u slapped me on the chick I’ll turn my other chick….
Although now I know ppl would take advantage of u if u keep doing that…so I know when to switch when I need to sensibly…especially since my quiet nature gives ppl the impression that I’m an easy target…until I change it for them

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by bjtinz: 10:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
ukaface:
If all of Una be the bullied,where are the bullies

Most people after being bullied become bullies themselves, but would rather focus on when they were at the receiving end.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Oxtertee(m): 10:55pm On Dec 04, 2021
brio1408:

You are right, he at times comes into abadina college abandon sch bus with snake.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by bjtinz: 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Ademola121:
I was very shy and gentle in school. So it was like I became a spot for everyone even girls would ride me until one Friday.

My bully came to me to floor me again like he always did but unfortunately I landed him just 2 elbows in the back. Everyone heard the sound it was like thunder! Gbim gbim!

��

Just 2 elbows publicly and that was the end. He couldn’t even move on the floor. This happened in js2 and I enjoyed immunity till I left in ss1.

The best thing is to confront your bully. They have their fears too, in fact they are weaker than their victims when pushed to the wall.

If you can’t confront your bully, learn to use your enemy.

I encouraged my children to take taekwando classes so they won’t be like me ☺️☺️

@bolded, not a wise choice, in my opinion. Don't forget why we having this discussion in the first place. The bullies in this case we're hardened cultists who had to no qualms torturing the poor (now late) boy. Those guys can do and undo.

To me the best thing is to involve the school (though they may likely not do much), but if becoming too severe them inform ones parents.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Oxtertee(m): 10:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
brio1408:

Sorry to ask, which of the sch did you attend?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Simpubozz(m): 10:57pm On Dec 04, 2021
I don’t really think I got one cos I was one myself tongue
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by bjtinz: 10:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
ashawopikin:
I was a bully in school but never went to the extreme, but I discipline people children sha, may God forgive me

Hmm. See una angry
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Pope98: 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2021
my days at fsty,we were sitting down one afternoon me and my friends,suddenly we heard noises some group of seniors appeard shouting, different thing's we didn't know what they were saying but it was obvious they wanted us to do a task... innocent me trying to grasp what they were saying, one just gave me a slap that covered my left eye.. for three weeks i couldn't see with that eye it was swollen red and painful,water was just oozing out and i fell sick.... fast forward after exams this so called senior failed and had to repeat (shaw beans) we were now level mate... wetin me and my guys do that boy for the school na only God fit forgive us.. at a point this guy came to meet me at the dinning hall and started begging me to forgive him.. we beat that guy shege... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Neddstark: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
Drefaithful:
All what you guys referred to as bully is just a mere child play, in NMS.

Anybody that attends NMS his life will never remain the same.

If it is Nigerian Military School, Zaria you are talking about, that was the ultimate drilling school. We used to hear stories about there then and appreciate our private boarding school.

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by CrownDthrone: 11:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
There was dis family I was taking home lesson then. The eldest son came back from boarding school with a big wound on his palm,I asked his mum wat happen she said d boy mistakenly pour hot water on his palm. I told the mother d boy is not telling d truth. They is more to that story than wat he is saying.. d next day d woman called me to tell me dat d boy have told them d truth dat it was a senior dat tested acid in d school lab on the boy’s palm n she is on her way to d boy’s school as she was talking to me to meet d school authorities. When she came back I asked her wat transpired. She she d principle was begging n d senior was begging too n she is withdrawing d boy from d skul. I tell her if na me I go pour d acid for d senior body back ooo d scar is till dia.

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by TheGreatIYANU: 11:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
I was bullied by my own mates because I was the youngest and smallest in class. Irony - I was the President's son.

I let a lot of things slide because if I reported, the judgement was 2x on the perpetrator.

I'm not sure I bullied my juniors, although when I meet some of them now, they playfully remind me I did, by way of harsh punishments, no violence.

My younger brother on the other hand was tough for his age. When I graduated, I heard he beat somebody because they spoke bad about me.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by Christabelluv1(f): 11:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
My first term as a border was a very horrible experience as my bonk mate then was in SS2 and she subjected me to so many things I don't like remembering but I thank God that I left that hostel the next term and karma caught up with her and she was disgraced and suspended from school.. Whenever I see that geh I remember all she did to me that year...
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by PoliteActivist: 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
SweetPreeq:

Can you just imagine?
This is one of the reasons I'm skeptical about the idea of boarding schools

Not all boarding schools. Went to two. One, not a single homo. The other, several homes bothering the small boys
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by nnamdiosu(m): 11:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
Bolaji26:
I went to local sch

When i was in sec sch.

I don't talk at all.

I'm the one man squad type(introvert)

I dont usually associate myself with people except when needed.

Because of that, when i got to ss2. They brought new principal to our sch and as usual, local sch wahala.

Ss2 and ss3 started fighting often but me dont use to follow them fight
I would rather go home but once they bring the fight to my side.

I don't accept defeat, my other side is very dangerous.

When i am angry, my voice will be stammering and with that, student usually know when i am angry.

Then one day another school came to fight us and our principal called the police.

They arrived and the principal pointed at me that they should arrest me because I don't use to talk or relate with anybody and I do stay alone.

He tagged me a cultist that he was a cultist in his sec sch life and that's how he use to behave too until he repented.

He called me silent killer at the assembly

and because of that, everybody started calling me silent killer

The man just hated me, he made my parent cried bcus of his negligence calling me a cultist In the present of my parents even tho they still stand on their ground that i am not a cultist and that's how gentle have been since small.

Waec time reach, the man wounded me alot and even told it to my face that i can't be somebody In life.

I went to write Waec and neco in another sch and I made it..

He called my parents for a meeting and told them that dey Sud watch me now that since i am entering varsity now then they will see for themselves that i am a cultist because cultist no they hide face for tertiary level unlike sec sch level.

I went to polytechnic as usual na

That gentle, solo and easy going type.

I finished poly without issue, got DE to university and continue from there.

Till i finished, no issue of cultist etc.

My parent was so so happy and couldn't believe they never heard any issue of cult related concerning me through out my tertiary life.

I got where i was managing and doing good a little, went for leave and this man saw me in front of my house and parked to greet me.

I was amazed and told my parents about it.

They laughed and said the principal is not regretting his mistake now.

They said he has been asking abt me all this while that maybe someone don go tell him say i was doing fine now.

He is now looking for my face.

embarassed

I go still show him pepper sha because what he made me passed through that time really damaged me and the tear he made my parents shed

He go shed the tears too cry

Then, na there you would have given devil chance.

The reason you are being blessed is because God just wants to use you as an example to prove himself strong in your life.
Showing him pepper will just make God hands off from your case.
God don dey glorify you, move on, free the man, and God will still promote you more.

Allow God show the pepper.
Wish you the best in your endeavors

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by fkj950ax(m): 11:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
donprincebigt:
Bullying is a Norm in secondary school frm the past.
I could remember then in a typical big govt school in sango ota, I got transferred to the school for my senior classes from my former school cus I liked the school and it's big and famous.
I got to the sku as an innocent bad boy, carefully looking for the crew to roll with. From there I got to know the bully of the sku. AWUSU. I Asked bou him and I got to understand that he's an aggressive person and bullies everyone in sku. He has been suspended so many times, was told his father is an imam that does different kind of works for people, so he has charm too, therefore everybody feared him. And also he was the head of a cult(namewitheld) in the sku, Immediately I knew his background I grew hatred 4 him cus I don't like his kinds

As a street boi mentality I that got from my former sch which was totally a razz sch, I tried as much as possible to avoid anything that could cause issue with us.

Some months into the sku, I met this pretty girl Dammy(now married with kids), the girl just liked me naturally and always wanted to be in my company, normally I liked the girl too but since I knew the girl was rolling with that bully's crew, so I always try to give her limit, not knowing the gang itself had marked my face.
As I was just going in our sku market that day, they just blocked me and gave me a warning concerning the girl. Normally me sef no too well 4 head. I looked at them and passed

I went back to the class and told the girl never to come to my base in class again, the girl told me not to worry but I did not give in to the extent me and d girl became enemies.

By then I met with some folks too that we had the same likeminds too. We all picked ourselves through winning a fight. I could remember every fight that happened in class then, anybody that wins would join our crew. Na so we con carry our seats together for back too. Neighboring with the bully crew.

The fateful day we were playing on the big pitch. That was when awusu and his crew that were in my class stepped into the field saying we should carry our ball that they want to play. Na so we change am 4 them. And in my crew we have one agege/mushin boi that left his sku in Lagos for our own and that guy too na game boi.
He tackled awusu with every slang pronounced.
At closing hour awusu brought in his gangs frm outside into the sku na so my niqqa to made a call cus we normally sneaked in our express music into the sku that time. In no time those ones too entered, it was later resolved and it was known that the level of people my niqqa brought was higher than that of awusu

Ever since. We now became tiger and lion inside jungle. Respect me make I respect u.
They won't cross our path neither did we.
But we became more popular then cus we are above average students. We won quiz and all.

But with the way life has it. The last time I saw Awusu, he's now a well reserved person, he's an Alfa with regards. I was like is this the bully of my sku. We just greeted and made fun of those days.

Secondary school is really a place to av experience and learn.

Reading your comment is difficult. Bad spelling. Wrong use of capitalisation. Missing full stop and comas...
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by nnamdiosu(m): 11:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
DropsMic:
After writing my primary school leaving exam, my dad succumbed to my pleas of him sending me to boarding school. Na so him drive me go Igbobi College in Yaba. On entering inside, i met other prospective students, we were all given numbers and matched to a hall were we were given tests. I was the first to finish the entrance test so i was told to wait outside the hall. But me na curious person so I decided to stroll a little further. Omo wetin i see eh.. saw a group of six seniors beating sorry Lynching two junior students like say them thief something... Omo nobody tell me O. When the results came out i passed with flying colours but i told my pa that i had changed my mind and wanted to attend a day school nearer to our home. In retrospect, i think the universe wanted to save me from unnecessary brutality that was why it whispered that i take a stroll further...

I don't the year o...but if it was from 91 to 2001, do Thanksgiving in church tomorrow Sunday smiley

Looking back it looks like commedy but then, icy for junior boarders was hell on hell.
Lol.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies by snoopz: 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
I attended one fstc in southwest...
The only time I felt bullied was when one senior in the morning asked me to fetch water for him later in the day , so in the evening I wasn't feeling well and I couldnt go for prep sef, na so this senior tolu come back from prep e be like say Dem just share exam script thàt night for prep naso he call me to the senior's corner room wey he flog me like mad
E be like say the beating too much for me I nearly beat am that night when the other seniors see say I was about to change it for tolu naso Dem say make I Dey go.
Just think about it, that I still remember his name and this thing don pass 8 yrs o.
I didn't report the case because I did something that made the seniors leave me

Unless na. General hostel beating Dem no dey near me o

I cursed him that day shà

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNILORIN Set To Introduce Train, Electric Bus Services / Lasu Part Time Campus Result Is Out. Good Luck Lasuites / Market Women Protest ASUU Strike At National Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.