Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,159 members, 7,887,378 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:54 AM

How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. (423 Views)

How Relationships Work, According To Country Or Regions / What I Did When I Met A Toxic Lady. / How Relationships Are Evolving These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by sirjamesjnr(m): 6:05pm On Dec 04, 2021
Being in a toxic place can affect a relationship. It can really take a toll on you and you never realize it until you’re outside and trying to have a different life. How have you healed yourself and unlearned the toxic ways you have developed to survive? It is shared greed and ignorance to accept that our level of poverty makes us behave the way we are. Other countries in the world have the issue of economic crises. We are not the only poor country in the world. It is our greed and selfishness that make us take unnecessary advantage of each other.

Ideally, a relationship should be Good frank, open and honest communication. sexual attraction.Compatible sexual needs.physical intimacy other than sex. Enjoy each other’s company (friendship)able to agree to disagree, sense of humor. loyalty to each other, Compatible intelligence. Have different likes and/or dislikes but are supportive of each other’s interests. Both are able to work and/or sacrifice together for the good of the relationship. Love each other. Have both short-term and long-term goals plans.

Here we turn it into a very toxic setting (situationship) where we allow an unhealthy selfish desire to rob the essence of a relationship. For all the places and people I have to mingle with, it is only in Nigeria, I have witnessed or heard words like urgent 2k, book uber for me. take me and my friends out( when I don't even know you enough), Let go home because I take you out. You have a conversation with a lady, the first thing she asks is "where do you work", her mom is sick, she needs a school fee. The list of billing is endless. It is only in Nigeria you will order Uber for a girl, pay for her meal and her friends, arrange for takeaway, give her tip, and pay for uber to take her home. Some ladies are terrorists, unknown gunmen and bandits combine. Please understand me. If a lady is sincere with her finances, and things are not okay, as a man, you can come to her aid. It is not ideal to allow a man to see you finish as a lady he will take advantage of you. Be a lady who has some self-worth.

Of course, men are not left behind, how can you profess love to a girl you clearly know you only want sex with her? Why act like a SIMP. If you ask a lady nicely you wish to have sex with her, two things happen either yes or no. You will save yourself some hell of stress and trouble. Some men make endless promises for the cookies, how low can you stoop? Get some class, be honest with your intentions( True meaning of ALFA MALE).

One time I met a lady at the airport, we got into friendly conversations then I polity told her I will like to have sexual fun with her. She looks me in the eye, this is her exact words..."James, I love when a guy is bold and sincere when we touch down at the airport let share a room, I hope you know how to treat a lady" You know how it ended. No formal communication after that meeting to date. I got to know she wasn't cut out for anything serious due to her studies. I included my experience to further buttress my point...Don't confuse relationships with sexual arrangements.

There is a distinct line between prostitution(runs, hookup, FBW, VIBE, Olosho, etc) and RELATIONSHIP. One is based on selfish interest(cash and kind arrangement) and the other is based on mutual interest. Ladies it is within your RIGHTS to do what you like with your body. Never ever accept to have a relationship with a man so he can "take care of you". Go get a job. If you want to commercialize your body, do it with pride. Never use the backdoor. Men, you want sex, ask her nicely, if she asks for money payments, pay and get the deed done or you let go. Never lie to someone's daughter. You belittle yourself when you stoop low to lie for sexual favors. It is demeaning.

I know for a fact that A relationship is always going to have stresses of various sorts and times when circumstances require solutions that won’t meet either party’s view of what’s “ideal.”A healthy relationship rolls with the punches and adapts. The lover that is overly focused on attaining some “ideal” standard can crack under the strain, It involves humans, not ROBOT. Make some adjustments but operate on mutual interests. I don't know which is easy surviving Buhari economics policy or having a relationship in Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by OloshoMan: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2021
Hooking up>>>>relationships
Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by sirjamesjnr(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2021
OloshoMan:
.. Stick to your calling. Oloshoman.
Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by Orgasmgiver123(m): 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
One of the reason why i kick people with my rain boot

Damn.. Nasty.. I'm out of here

1 Like

Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by DroppingLiquid: 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
OloshoMan:

In Nigeria, yes.
Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by dhiqson(m): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
A wise Aussie man once said

"why buy the cow when the milk is free"

smiley
Re: How Relationships Suffered In A Toxic Place Like Nigeria. by kazyhm(m): 10:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
dhiqson:
A wise Aussie man once said

"why buy the cow when the milk is free"

smiley

Lol....brainwashed op

(1) (Reply)

Proven Signs Your Spouse Will Have Extramarital Affairs / Clit Sucking Toy / I Caught My Brother’s Wife Having Sex With Another Man; Should I Tell Him? – Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.