Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,225 members, 7,928,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 22 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It (1165 Views)

Live Pictures From Ballon D'or Award 2021 / Who Was The Best Player That Never Won The Ballon d'Or Award? / Lionel Messi Shows Off Skills After Ballon D'or Award In Barca Training (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by allgoodlight(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It And I Suffer From Racism.

George Weah" I am never proud of the BALLON D'OR award since I won it and I suffer from racism in Europe!!

I remember the headline of the front page of La Gazzetta dello sport in the abroad heading the next day, "And oh, the black wins the gold"

Even inside Milan, they were making fun of me and Africa repeating at every opportunity, "Did you sell it to buy them bread"!!

Drogba won everything with Chelsea, Eto'o won everything with Barcelona and inter Milan, but did they give them gold? NO...why?...

Because they do not have the humanity to give gold to black Africans

Gold is not a ball that is given to the best ....

Real gold is to be good-hearted person and does not hurt the feelings of others...

The truth is that the own racism but not humanity!!!

George Weah under rating Ballon D'or Award

Nairalander's What Is Your Thoughts On This

1 Like

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Bigredmachine: 5:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmmm...

All i want to say is that they don't really care about us... no matter how much they claim they love us, all na wash... it is just so unfortunate

1 Like

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Mariangeles(f): 5:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
I won't be surprised they regretted giving him the ballon d'or.
Probably why they never gave it to another black man, even when they obviously deserved it.

Gold they mostly stole from Africa.
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by DelTel(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
allgoodlight:
George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It And I Suffer From Racism.

George Weah" I am never proud of the BALLON D'OR award since I won it and I suffer from racism in Europe!!

I remember the headline of the front page of La Gazzetta dello sport in the abroad heading the next day, "And oh, the black wins the gold"

Even inside Milan, they were making fun of me and Africa repeating at every opportunity, "Did you sell it to buy them bread"!!

Drogba won everything with Chelsea, Eto'o won everything with Barcelona and inter Milan, but did they give them gold? NO...why?...

Gold is not a ball that is given to the best ....

Real gold is to be good-hearted person and does not hurt the feelings of others...

The truth is that the own racism but not humanity!!!

George Weah under rating Ballon D'or Award

Nairalander's What Is Your Thoughts On This

Did you interview Weah yourself or culled from somewhere undecided

He is not proud of the award but took pictures with it even on the beach, and still placed it in his study up to today

You people and fake news!

2 Likes

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by paulolee(m): 7:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
I also agreed dt eto, drogba n now sallah deserves a bollon d or award

1 Like

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by paulolee(m): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Hmmmm...
d story no sweet n e get as e be abi??
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by vinceyinnovation: 7:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
Something tells me this news concerns Ronaldo fans and Messi fans....
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by cassidy1996(m): 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Hmmmm ... d award nor get level again
That Eto own pain me

1 Like

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Numerouno94(m): 8:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Hmmmm...

All i want to say is that they don't really care about us... no matter how much they claim they love us, all na wash... it is just so unfortunate

Do we really care abt ourselves? Charity my frnd they say begins at home.
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Numerouno94(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2021
U Ronaldo fans shuld move on already, trying all u can to discredit the balon d'or awarded to Messi is a sign of witchcraft.

2 Likes

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Bigredmachine: 8:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Numerouno94:

Do we really care abt ourselves? Charity my frnd they say begins at home.

i was about to say that "do we even love ourselves as blacks in the first place, are we proud of ourselves in the first place... but so many who are blind to the truth will crucify me if i have made such comments, hence i layed low...

Our leaders have let us all down... they make us see the whites as Gods... and i believe the whites did not get to where they are today without the blacks (slave trade)...

now instead of black leaders to use the whites, by bringing those whites here to establish so many industries here, instead we steal to go and develop their already developed country... and u tell me whites are our problem...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by kenzysmith: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2021
Oga go rest u wan try remind us say u win baloon do or. Africans and scope self.
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by kenzysmith: 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bigredmachine:
Hmmmm...

africans and sympathy self how many of ur players reach to win am self black man sef.
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Numerouno94(m): 10:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Bigredmachine:

i was about to say that "do we even love ourselves as blacks in the first place, are we proud of ourselves in the first place... but so many who are blind to the truth will crucify me if i have made such comments, hence i layed low...

Our leaders have let us all down... they make us see the whites as Gods... and i believe the whites did not get to where they are today without the blacks (slave trade)...

now instead of black leaders to use the whites, by bringing those whites here to establish so many industries here, instead we steal to go and develop their already developed country... and u tell me whites are our problem...

God bless u for this simple writeup. It's obvious we re in the same school of thought.

@bolded: Back then in when i was an undergraduate. I had a serious argument wit my lecturer when we were discussing "How Europe Underdeveloped Africa" a 1972 book written by Walter Rodney that describes how Africa was deliberately exploited nd underdeveloped by European colonial regimes.

Wat actually brought abt the whole debate was wen he (lecturer)insisted that the European colonial masters were responsible for the underdeveloment in Africa uptill date. In my opinion i tink Africa was actually responsible for her own misfortune cos her people were greedy. So greedy that they sold their own brothers to the white jux for material tinx like gun powder, mirrors, alcohol etecetera. That greed is still imbedded in us, we siphon money meant for the development of Africa nd stock it up abroad. Many decades after independent yet we re still regarded as a 3rd world nation.

America was colonized, buh 2day they re the world power. If America nd nd other countries who were colonized at a point culd do it why can't we?

The onus is on us to rid ourselves off this greed nd plan 2wads the development of our continent. Buh we shuld start wit luving ourselves nd being our brothers keepers. Cos one very important tin i luv abt the whites is the kind of luv that exist between them.
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by paulolee(m): 6:47am On Dec 06, 2021
vinceyinnovation:
Something tells me this news concerns Ronaldo fans and Messi fans....
I swear....bcox I no see any reason or sense for such news bcox his reason is purely racism n not corruption
Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by paulolee(m): 6:48am On Dec 06, 2021
Numerouno94:
U Ronaldo fans shuld move on already, trying all u can to discredit the balon d'or awarded to Messi is a sign of witchcraft.
no lies. bro...once dier man gets nominated again, d music go change

1 Like

Re: George Weah" I Am Never Proud Of The Ballon D'or Award Since I Won It by Numerouno94(m): 11:08am On Dec 06, 2021
paulolee:

no lies. bro...once dier man gets nominated again, d music go change

No mind them, na painment they do them. I never see bitter set of fans like these guys b4. Complete witchcraft. grin

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Wins Tunisia / Which Nigerian Is Hot In The Nba? / Did England Suck Last Night, Or What?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.