Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,991 members, 7,880,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 12:22 PM

How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? (26476 Views)

How To Prevent Scorpions From A House / How To Get Rid Of Soldier Ants Effectively / Where They Weigh Scorpions And Measure Lions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Ijaya123: 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
Cut onions and drop around the places you see them. It will drive them away.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by johhbekeboh09: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
rosebase:

How do i get this

Go to JANKARA market (Chemical Section) Idumota tell them you want anti scorpion chemical
Hold good money oooo

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Ihatebuhariwith(m): 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2021
Small case... take ur house as 9ja and those scorpions as bokoaram And Grant them amnesty like bubu..
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Blackdisciple(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Fumigation
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Blackdisciple(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
rosebase:
I have seen 3 diferent scorpions in my apartment in d last 4weeks, a very tiny ones though. After blocking all d holes some days go I still saw one this night. What's d wat out pls

A baby scorpion means their parents are not far away...
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2021
If it is killing all insects on the property, it is also slowly poisoning you and your family. Best way to get rid of scorpions is to deny it access to any water, turn off all water to the property and make the home bone-dry after a week or two, scorpions and roaches will leave your home in search of water elsewhere. Their babies would also die off which is key in eradicating cockroaches that basically use your home as nurseries whilst adults come and go travelling between different houses. I suspect from my observations.
advanceDNA:

I usually call fumigation service..
But sometimes when I want to do it myself.. I use “nopest”. the last time...for close to week all the insect kept crawling out to from their holes to die in the open...and I ddnt even put in the holes..

After I stopped smelling it...they were still dying.. I ddnt see cockroach or scorpion or even mosquitoes for a month..

If I use sniper... mosquito will bite me the next day..

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Doyenro23(m): 3:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
Just Sit down with them
Talk to them
And explain to them that the only way they can stay in your apartment is to pay rent monthly..,

if all the rats that are squatting and living inside our house start paying rent,
By now I for buy land for lekki.

Only few people normal for this country lol

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Krak(m): 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

But sometimes when I want to do it myself.. I use “nopest”. the last time...for close to week all the insect kept crawling out to from their holes to die in the open...and I ddnt even put in the holes..

After I stopped smelling it...they were still dying.. I ddnt see cockroach or scorpion or even mosquitoes for a month..

I think because Sniper is arguably the most popular insecticide in Nigeria, fake and substandard ones have started popping up

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
chukel:
there must be a construction site closeby.
No
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
Dshocker:

Your apartment is dirty
My apartment is very very clean, u can even eat in my toilet
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
advanceDNA:

Where can i get this nopest and how much is it
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by advanceDNA: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
rosebase:

Where can i get this nopest and how much is it

It’s just 1500 naira

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
pacespot:
You should be happy it is scorpion, what about those that are seeing snakes. I actually killed one snake in my living room same days ago. When you have too many lizards or wall geckos in your compound, this is likely to attract snakes hunting them. About the scorps, I think it has to do with your dirty room, also watch out for any wet surface in your room, scorpions like to be around water. Maybe there is a carpet on the floor which causes some wetness under it due to heat.
My place is not dirty, it is not over loaded and it is all tiled
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by advanceDNA: 4:32pm On Dec 06, 2021
Krak:

I think because Sniper is arguably the most popular insecticide in Nigeria, fake and substandard ones have started popping up

U are undoubtedly correct..that’s the naija way

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:34pm On Dec 06, 2021
Hattbricker:
I think salt and onions does it, put it in every corner. Remembered one night I can never forget, got stung on my arm while sleeping in the middle of night man it was damn painful.
How sure are u about this, do i have to slice the onions or what
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
Krak:

One drop of your fake Nigerian Sniper will kill a scorpion instantly. I know this because I have done it several times.

Infact that your fake Nigerian Sniper will keep killing any scorpion that comes into that environment for at least four days. I know this because I once lived inside a compound infested with scorpions.

So, Nigerian Sniper is not fake.
Yes i can confirm this, just a drop on the body killed the one i killed last night. But i need something that would prevent them permanently

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by rosebase(f): 4:37pm On Dec 06, 2021
Thanks guys for all your contributions
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by senchibi: 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Cosmatikka:
Pack out

Meanwhile that was my case wen I was serving in Benue, I dey kill scorpion for my room every week
Which side of benue was that? I killed one big scorpion too in my apartment years ago when I was serving in oturpko
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 06, 2021
rosebase:

How sure are u about this, do i have to slice the onions or what
yes slice it. I've used it before.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by oodua1stson: 7:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
mbahdi:
I heard u should make love with them.or at the same time urinate on dem.den u will be ok
U must be living in a yoruba face me I face u house.even saw a very big dead one d other day in my room.how he died or didn't bite me is still a mystery.just gave God all d tnks.cos if dat one bite me.i for don write my will,like one old man for my village that went to farm,he removed his hat cap and place beside a tree, finished working not knowing scorpion was already chilling in d hat,as baba carry him hat put for head,and u know say all dis our old men na skin hair them dey barb.na so d scorpion strike baba for brain.the rest was a story.cos baba confessed all him sins and share all him properties to his kids and wives thinking he's not going to survive it.
don't kill me hahahhhaahaha
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by jbjustice(m): 7:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Scorpion are common in hot and arid environments
Which means be prepared to see more and more of Scorpion this period...

Same thing with university of Benin
Scorpion are common there

Where u go hide
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by majorgr: 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Bocking all the holes without sealing the ones above will still give them access to your home. From the behavior of these scorpions, they like to crawl out from the blocks above which you know are hollow, then if there is any space in between the ceiling that leads to your house they will crawl down. Like you I had similar experience, always wondered where they are coming from till I say with my eyes how they were infiltrating my house from above. I made sure I sealed all those spaces in between the ceiling, had the most success in preventing them from entering. I just don't know why they like the lurking in the ceiling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Brazil2018(m): 9:01pm On Dec 06, 2021
JackDaAlienz:
Just Sit down with them
Talk to them
And explain to them that the only way they can stay in your apartment is to pay rent monthly..,

if all the rats that are squatting and living inside our house start paying rent,
By now I for don buy land for lekki.

Dis country don turn cruise
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by aimmoney9: 9:18pm On Dec 06, 2021
Scorpions are seen mainly in uncompleted buildings..... grin

Sorry to break it to you your house is uncompleted, one way or another.. grin

Have it completed and you won't have to worry about the scorpion stinging you when you are having intercourse.... grin grin grin
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by adekasman(m): 9:40pm On Dec 06, 2021
Get kerosene and salt with detergent and miss everything together

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by ladychioma: 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2021
Do comprehensive fumigation in your house
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Oghenerobo2002(m): 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2021
I've been stung 4* by scorpion. It's safe to call me the scorpion king

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by pacespot(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2021
rosebase:

My place is not dirty, it is not over loaded and it is all tiled

Do you have any kind of water that is stagnant within your room. Maybe it is a bowl used to keep water in that is dripping on the floor, or there is a tight corner in your room causing some kind of sweating surface?
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Cosmatikka: 10:36am On Dec 07, 2021
senchibi:

Which side of benue was that? I killed one big scorpion too in my apartment years ago when I was serving in oturpko
I served in Ekeh village after Ugbokolo if u re coming to Oturkpo, but I dey drive go Oturkpo every weekend to chop better Igbo ppl food

1 Like

Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by senchibi: 1:41pm On Dec 07, 2021
Cosmatikka:

I served in Ekeh village after Ugbokolo if u re coming to Oturkpo, but I dey drive go Oturkpo every weekend to chop better Igbo ppl food
I dey tells you grin . That's where you can be far away from home and still feel like you're home. There are a lot of igbos doing business and making the town lively in oturpko
Re: How Can I Get Rid Of Scorpions Totally From My Apartment? by Makschinchin: 9:11pm On Dec 09, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Scorpion are common in hot and arid environments
Which means be prepared to see more and more of Scorpion this period...

Same thing with university of Benin
Scorpion are common there

@bold:: Oga suffery dey lamba ooo angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Regulators Ignored Warnings On ‘bad Shape’ Of FPSO Vessel Before Explosion / Happiest And Saddest Moments in Your Life? / Pastor Adeboye Thanks Fans With A Pix & Note After Hitting 2M Followers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.