Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,223 members, 7,880,833 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:40 AM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (35004 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:32pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol...clownish post. grin
You're welcome tongue
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

The reality is that an Atheist has given permission for his Son to follow me to Church on Sunday.

Do I care about your thoughts about God? Nope

You are free to call Him sky daddy or Earth Stump for all I care. It just shows your pain when you try to insult something or someone you claim does not exist.

It's either somewhere in your subconscious you so wish God was real so your insults can possibly get to him and hurt him so you would feel better but alas it's your pain and this pain will never have any gain. It's a lose lose situation for you while I just won a first step through my Kid.
)
All I see is a tolerant father who doesn't mind his son going to church because in the end, he'll still come back home. Can't say the same for most Christians.

Next target would be His Dad.

grin grin grin yes o.
Have to win those souls for sky daddy.

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 10:35pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingxsamz:

cheesy Ah! The delusion has kicked in oh.
Fuming? Anger? Hurt?
You mean that's what I felt after reading your post? grin I'm just here eating and smiling because I just found out this thread and I'm amazed by the number of intellectuals in here who schooled you while you thought all this while you were going to get praises from your fellow religious folks.
Definitely not what you expected. So yes, I'll be sleeping well tonight because your agenda did not agend. grin

The thread really didn't go the way he envisioned at allll

He was expecting the theists here to blow smoke up his behind but instead the atheists came to choke him LOL.

Even some theists here don't agree with him.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 10:39pm On Dec 15, 2021
1Sharon:

He was expecting the theists here to blow smoke up his behind but instead the atheists came to choke him LOL.

The comment after the OP was an atheist lol

Even some theists here don't agree with him

I won't lie I was shocked too. grin
I thought Atheists will receive unnecessary backlash and insults like the usual. It's a good thing the thread was already filled with "mature minds".
Certainly not what the Op expected. grin

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 10:40pm On Dec 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
You're welcome tongue

grin grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 10:53pm On Dec 15, 2021
Viking07:
I never believed God existed despite being brought up in a tight catholic family. My mindset changed when I experienced evil first hand with my 2 eyes. Wahala for who no believe in God o.

The evil you saw was for the existence of Which god? Allah, Zeus or Jehovah? grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingxsamz:

All I see is a tolerant father who doesn't mind his son going to church because in the end, he'll still come back home. Can't say the same for most Christians.

grin grin grin yes o.
Have to win those souls for sky daddy.

Yep what I see is God touching the heart of the Dad to say yes. smiley

Afterall I have never asked him this before now and for someone who has been busy telling his Son that God is just a story and not real then God has touched his heart to say Yes about someone whom he says isn't real and is just a story cheesy
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:02pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingxsamz:

cheesy Ah! The delusion has kicked in oh.
Fuming? Anger? Hurt?
You mean that's what I felt after reading your post? grin I'm just here eating and smiling because I just found out this thread and I'm amazed by the number of intellectuals in here who schooled you while you thought all this while you were going to get praises from your fellow religious folks.
Definitely not what you expected. So yes, I'll be sleeping well tonight because your agenda did not agend. grin

Like I said, online opinions do not matter over the reality over here.

Sleep well. Sunday we feast grin

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Yep what I see is God touching the heart of the Dad to say yes. smiley

Afterall I have never asked him this before now and for someone who has been busy telling his Son that God is just a story and not real then God has touched his heart to say Yes about someone whom he says isn't real and is just a story cheesy

Lol, alright bro, if it makes you sleep well at night.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 15, 2021
kingxsamz:

Lol, alright bro, if it makes you sleep well at night.

It sure will. Hope you don't toss and turn
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Like I said, online opinions do not matter over the reality over here.

Sleep well. Sunday we feast grin

Yeah! let's win those souls for sky daddy. cheesy
Up you!
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:08pm On Dec 15, 2021
Tetehjewels:

It sure will. Hope you don't toss and turn

Not a bit. cheesy
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2021
Martinez39s:
I hope you accurately informed him on what atheism is. An atheist is someone who lacks belief in a supreme deity (or deities) in the same we all lack belief in unicorns, werewolves, vampires, dragons, a ceramic teapot at the centre of Neptune containing immortal fairies, etc.

This lack of belief primarily stems from the fact that there are no irrefutable evidences or sound arguments for the existence of all the religious gods known to man. Incalculable and obvious discrepancies (in logic and evidence) emerge when you carefully compare observed reality with that of the holy books. Atheists lack belief because there is no good and convincing reason to believe.

I find this facetious and inane; ludicrous and disappointing. Either you gave your son the impression that atheists are angry partisans and that Johnydon22 was coming from a place of wanton and inexplicable hostility and anger or your son is really just as dumb as you are on this issue. After all, he is a chip off the old block. grin

Johnydon22 was clearly not upset or angry at your son feeling the way he felt, neither did he imply that your son never had the right to have felt how he wanted. All Johnydon22 did was simply point out the logical flaws of your son's argument; nothing more, nothing less. To imply otherwise is to let emotions get the upper hand instead of logic; it is strawmanning at its finest. It comes as no surprise that a grown man who sees mere disagreement or unfavourable take as indirectly bullying, hostility or anger would birth a son that would strawman Johnydon22's honest take in the manner he did. Your son takes after you, and both of you are thinking alike in the same lamentable fashion. Johnydon22's take remains valid and it is something anyone with an average IQ can grasp.

grin grin The whole ritual preceding the immense nonsense that came out of your son's mouth will surely amaze you since you both carry the same genes and esteem each other to be very sound in mind. The blind is leading the blind and they are making a great fool of themselves.

His question is not by any means profound. It shows he didn't even understand Johnydon22's post. I could have suggest rereading the post, but it would be futile. Like father, like son. grin Good night.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 11:20pm On Dec 15, 2021
1Sharon:

His son will become a Muslim.

grin grin
The Op must have let out a silent "God forbid" after seeing this comment. grin

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by NNTR: 11:52pm On Dec 15, 2021
LordReed:
The mind trapped by fantasies is like a man in a cell with the doors wide open and no guards yet he thinks he's trapped. If 1900+ years are not enough to show just how much of a fantasy it is to believe that some dead Jew is coming from the sky then its not my problem.
Daniel 12:1-4
1“Now at that [end] time Michael, the great [angelic] prince who stands guard over the children of your people, will arise.
And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time;
but at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the Book [of Life], will be rescued.
2Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake (resurrect), these to everlasting life,
but some to disgrace and everlasting contempt (abhorrence).
3Those who are [spiritually] wise will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven,
and those who lead many to righteousness, [will shine] like the stars forever and ever.
4But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the scroll until the end of time.
Many will go back and forth and search anxiously
and knowledge will [greatly] increase.”

If some dead Jew coming from the sky is not your problem, then verse 2b soon will be

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by 1Sharon(f): 12:16am On Dec 16, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin
The Op must have let out a silent "God forbid" after seeing this comment. grin

grin
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 1:11am On Dec 16, 2021
NNTR:
Daniel 12:1-4
1“Now at that [end] time Michael, the great [angelic] prince who stands guard over the children of your people, will arise.
And there will be a time of distress such as never occurred since there was a nation until that time;
but at that time your people, everyone who is found written in the Book [of Life], will be rescued.
2Many of those who sleep in the dust of the ground will awake (resurrect), these to everlasting life,
but some to disgrace and everlasting contempt (abhorrence).
3Those who are [spiritually] wise will shine brightly like the brightness of the expanse of heaven,
and those who lead many to righteousness, [will shine] like the stars forever and ever.
4But as for you, Daniel, conceal these words and seal up the scroll until the end of time.
Many will go back and forth and search anxiously
and knowledge will [greatly] increase.”

If some dead Jew coming from the sky is not your problem, then verse 2b soon will be

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Yankee101: 4:30am On Dec 16, 2021
1Sharon:

Say, ‘O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful'” [Quran 39:53][/b]

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Bible Romans 6:1-4

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 6:55am On Dec 16, 2021
kingxsamz:

grin grin

I am disappointed in that guy.

He doesn't believe in God yet he believes in the baseless accusations against me by some people I will not mention because I know you might also believe whatever they tell you like a zombie...

What's the difference between that guy and the Jehovah Witnesses/Boko Haram,etc..

You can dodge my question by saying I should go and settle it elsewhere but that's not a way of showing you're better than the theists you're laughing at for being theists

I even wonder if being an atheist makes one more concerned with human rights

MaxInDHouse could not answer my questions about Christianity and what he considered my view of his God so he asked me to stop quoting him .......... that doesn't show correctness .

What's the difference between you and MaxInDHouse?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 7:41am On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

LMAO! Avengers don't exist yet 3 of the most successful movies on the planet are about them. Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter don't exist yet fans of either hold conventions and buy replicas of items from either franchise with almost religious gusto. The fact that we indulge in whatever fantasies we love doesn't give credence to their reality. Sure the 7yr old has been gleaning stuff off from his father and doesn't have the reflective capability of your 8 Yr old but that doesn't make your god real. Also your son might be right that not everything that real is seen but we talking of a living god not an unknown quantity. If a living god doesn't have evidence then there is no difference between your god and the Avengers.

'Living god'

What do you mean by 'living' in the context you just posted.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Martinez39s(m): 7:45am On Dec 16, 2021
1Sharon:

Even some theists here don't agree with him.
kingxsamz:

I won't lie I was shocked too. grin
I thought Atheists will receive unnecessary backlash and insults like the usual. It's a good thing the thread was already filled with "mature minds".
Certainly not what the Op expected. grin

He came here to flaunt what he perceived to be his son's unusual intelligence and precociousness, things he is clearly proud of. After glossing over these, he followed it up a story of his son's argument with an atheist kid as though the conversation and points made by his son demonstrated high intelligence and smartness. He even claimed something his son said (which was actually very ludicrous and silly) had a profound impact on him. He wouldn't have opened this thread if he thought his son spoke so stupidly in the argument. Like father, like son; the blind leading the blind and they are proud of themselves.

He probably thought he would be inundated with praises from people, especially theists, on his son's intelligence, but atheists and few theists came to give him a reality check and pointed out the absurdity and logical flaw of his son's argument. When this happened, he got emotional and foolish and started misrepresenting these people and their take as bitterness, anger, frustration with life, jealousy towards his son, jealousy towards the fact that he has a bright son who makes him proud, indirect bullying etc. You can't make this up.

He even afforded his son an opportunity to respond to an atheist's post; and the foolishness of the reply, and the nonsequiturs and strawmanning within, really showed that son and father were cut from the same clothe. He thought his son would speak intelligently in the reply and take down the atheist and he would showcase it to show people how smart his little precious boy is, but the son compounded irrationality with more irrationality and father couldn't see it (he should have if he had any vestige of intelligence on this issue). grin

Like father, like son.

4 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 7:51am On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Well to be honest with you, I could say that if someone's imagination could create the avengers or the Lord of the rings and make sequels out of them enough to entertain a cross section of the earth it can also be argued that an even bigger imaginative force could imagine the universe and bring it into existence to the service of the entire universe.

Your example could actually be a microcosm of a much larger template of imagination

#HisFoolishnessWiserThanMen
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:03am On Dec 16, 2021
jimmynauty:

'Living god'

What do you mean by 'living' in the context you just posted.

Living in this context means having attributes usually ascribed to beings that possess life, eg can move, can communicate, capable of independent thought, etc.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 16, 2021
Martinez39s:

He came here to flaunt what he perceived to be his son's unusual intelligence and precociousness, things he is clearly proud of. After glossing over these, he followed it up a story of his son's argument with an atheist kid as though the conversation and points made by his son demonstrated high intelligence and smartness. He even claimed something his son said (which was actually very ludicrous and silly) had a profound impact on him. He wouldn't have opened this thread if he thought his son spoke so stupidly in the argument. Like father, like son; the blind leading the blind and they are proud of themselves.

He probably thought he would be inundated with praises from people, especially theists, on his son's intelligence, but atheists and few theists came to give him a reality check and pointed out the absurdity and logical flaw of his son's argument. When this happened, he got emotional and foolish and started misrepresenting these people and their take as bitterness, anger, frustration with life, jealousy towards his son, jealousy towards the fact that he has a bright son who makes him proud, indirect bullying etc. You can't make this up.

He even afforded his son an opportunity to respond to an atheist's post; and the foolishness of the reply, and the nonsequiturs and strawmanning within, really showed that son and father were cut from the same clothe. He thought his son would speak intelligently in the reply and take down the atheist and he would showcase it to show people how smart his little precious boy is, but the son compounded irrationality with more irrationality and father couldn't see it (he should have if he had any vestige of intelligence on this issue). grin

Like father, like son.

Still on the matter of my 8yr old Son I see. This level of frustration over my own son is worrisome.

Anyway as an update his friend would be accompanying him and I to Church on Sunday.

God (if you like believe it or not) softened the heart of the father and he gave his approval.

Why would a father who has constantly told his Son that God does not exist and is just a story now permit same Son to accompany us to Church smiley

After the Son, my next target is the father.

I just might decide to create a thread about that too when it happens so you and your ilk can gather as usual and entertain us with your arguments while we are busy living our reality and doing the work behind your online arguments smiley
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

What ever it is you are attributing it to a god with any direct causal links. Its almost pure conjecture and a superstitious one at that.

Add coincidence to it if it makes you sleep better. Just that it continues to happen ever so frequently. i've had personal case S where the doctors said nothing could be done and God showed up. Not to mention the not too personal. Maybe the doctors were not conjecturing or superstitious enough.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Dec 16, 2021
Image123:

Add coincidence to it if it makes you sleep better. Just that it continues to happen ever so frequently. i've had personal case S where the doctors said nothing could be done and God showed up. Not to mention the not too personal. Maybe the doctors were not conjecturing or superstitious enough.

Doctors never claimed to be infallible or omnipotent or omniscient and Nigeria is not known for being a diagnostic powerhouse in the medical field. It is also known that medical issues resolve without medical intervention from time to time, attributing that to a god is just wishful thinking because there is no consistency. Many people have prayed or are praying yet their condition persists or they are dead.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 9:56am On Dec 16, 2021
freshalien:

To answer your question, I used to be a seminarian, wanted to became a priest. So for a couple of years of my life, I studied the bible for a living. I did nothing other than study the bible like my life depended on it. I studied that book front to back, back to front. I also studied so many other books surrounding Christianity as well as other books not included in the current version of the bible. Hope I answered your question about where, how and what I studied in my research?

But hope you know, the ability to study isn't the same as knowing the right explanation. I won't deny that you studied as you said, but I won't take that for understanding the scriptures.

It's like saying, because a biology student read the biology book and was taught always then he will pass his biology exams. We know that's not always true. It must be taught properly, read properly, understood properly and delivered properly.

If you do, you surely won't hold the stand you are holding now. I can boldly say that to you till eternity.
Your submissions about the scriptures didn't show you have read it properly Sir.

That won't be your fault but likely how you have been guided to read the Bible. I have seen much of such error here

for example in understanding Moses writings, a lot have been falsely taught, and if such foundation is faulty, then your view of all scriptures will take its root from such false study and explanation.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 9:59am On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

You can show me where I denied your experience of god or else you're just indulging in a strawman.

You wrote the below.

If a god exists and is revealing himself to individuals then either something is wrong with that method or with the individuals since they cannot agree on what they are experiencing.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 10:02am On Dec 16, 2021
Franking:

I must admit you come across as completely different from the everyday theist but I still don't think it's worth any effort. Ignorance, they say, is bliss.

Bro, you err to have quickly assume its ignorance. Sometimes what you see as ignorance might be your door way to eternal truth.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 10:07am On Dec 16, 2021
hupernikao:

You wrote the below.

I didn't write "you didn't have an experience" so I dunno how you are contriving my words to mean denial.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2021
Martinez39s:

Like father, like son.

You nailed it. grin
He came in with his shoulders up high hoping to receive plenty likes and praises only for his little wings to be cut shut immediately. Since the thread didn't go his way, he's now putting up a defence and accusing people of bullying his son. grin
I haven't seen a bigger clown in this forum this year. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by hupernikao: 10:44am On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

I didn't write "you didn't have an experience" so I dunno how you are contriving my words to mean denial.

grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (27) (Reply)

Prophet Nigel Gaisie: "I Have Slept With Other Women Apart From My Wife" / The Link Between Sex And Death / Popular Fuji Legend, Adewale Ayuba Dumps Islam For Christianity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.