Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,217 members, 7,880,800 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:05 AM

My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist (34995 Views)

8-year Old Fearlessly Preaches The Gospel On The Streets Of London (video) / Media Ignore Dad's Losing Battle Over 7yr Old's Transition Despite Public Outcry / "My 2-Year-Old Son Killed This Black Snake" - Mum Says, Thanks God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Okay. Great logic there.

But you should be critical about such sensitive topics to avoid error in understanding.

Brains are essentially a group of clustered neurons. Filled with these nerve cells, animals (including humans) control all bodily functions, all bodily functions ☝�

Now permit me to list a animals that do not have a Brain according to what a brain is, that pink, sometimes red, blueish hemisphere residing In our skulls or wherever they lie.
1. Jellyfish
2. Starfish
3. Sea cucumber
4. Sea sponges
5.Oysters
6. Portuguese man-o-war
Et cetera.

Would you say these animals do not have a mind?

Wait...just so you know, animals do have minds but perhaps you've seen a fallacy, an error.

Even technologies have a mind of their own.

Fatality
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 3:10pm On Dec 16, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Actually science is not sure of these phenomena, the mind.

It's still very much hard to tell. So objective manifestation of something to show its existence can be subjective.

Take for example.

The "existence" of magnetic field.
You may wonder, are these real.

The Simple answer is, you may choose to believe it exists or not.

But of course it's real because certain "objective manifestations" come to be in alignment with the existence of it.

Which boils down to the unseen things of science which science agrees to be true but can't behold.

TheUnseen
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 3:29pm On Dec 16, 2021
sammysmiles:
According to Oxford scientists, who claims God doesn't exist..... humans have barely explored 2% of the world's constituents... So humans are yet to discover about 98% of the earth constitutents... So God can't fit into the 98%? You don't know a whole 98% of jxt the earth, talk more of other planetory bodies and the solar system in general and you said God doesn't exist? How were you able to come to the conclusion when billions of people believe in his existence? Probably those billions of people are jxt hallucinating right?

Food for thought
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 3:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
sammysmiles:
According to Oxford scientists, who claims God doesn't exist..... humans have barely explored 2% of the world's constituents... So humans are yet to discover about 98% of the earth constitutents... So God can't fit into the 98%? You don't know a whole 98% of jxt the earth, talk more of other planetory bodies and the solar system in general and you said God doesn't exist? How were you able to come to the conclusion when billions of people believe in his existence? Probably those billions of people are jxt hallucinating right?

Food for thought

Source pls
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 4:45pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

Doctors never claimed to be infallible or omnipotent or omniscient and Nigeria is not known for being a diagnostic powerhouse in the medical field. It is also known that medical issues resolve without medical intervention from time to time, attributing that to a god is just wishful thinking because there is no consistency. Many people have prayed or are praying yet their condition persists or they are dead.

Lol, now you are absolving our doctors. Maybe they were wrong right? Maybe there was no sickle cell all along, or maybe the eyes were perfectly fine, or just maybe we were all daydreaming about the shorter leg and the fibroid, or maybe the newborn baby was just joking or testing us by playing dead. Like you've opined, maybe measles just resolves in hours from time to time, stroke just decides to completely leave from time to time. Are you aware at all that many people have gone to school and to hospitals yet their condition persists?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by uvie66: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Your opinion quite frankly. My world and scope of perception is beyond this world. You can stay limited but do not try and weigh me down with your baggage.
So where do you inhabit ? Mars, Jupiter or Saturn.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 16, 2021
uvie66:
So where do you inhabit ? Mars, Jupiter or Saturn.

In a place mentally beyond you.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 6:16pm On Dec 16, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
It's called belief though.
Coming to a state of acceptance of, conviction.

That's the limited scope of science.
The evidence of the supernatural activities.
But one thing is not common in the people I mentioned, it's the supernatural events.

According to history.
Some only lived in the era of war and in great control of power, some were scholars, some worked the supernatural.

There are historical records outside anything related to these men to prove these things really happened in their lives.
Except you are refusing to accept the care, scholarly display, studious effort in the intellectual methods of record keeping in history which relies on corroborative evidences and many more.

Checkmate is inevitable
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
Image123:

Lol, now you are absolving our doctors. Maybe they were wrong right? Maybe there was no sickle cell all along, or maybe the eyes were perfectly fine, or just maybe we were all daydreaming about the shorter leg and the fibroid, or maybe the newborn baby was just joking or testing us by playing dead. Like you've opined, maybe measles just resolves in hours from time to time, stroke just decides to completely leave from time to time. Are you aware at all that many people have gone to school and to hospitals yet their condition persists?

Apparently you think doctors are some kind of gods whose every pronouncement is infallible. Doctors can be wrong, they can make wrong or faulty diagnosis or give wrong medication. Some doctors don't even always keep arrest of the latest development in their field. All these and more are issues in the medical field. I have never made it look like doctors are infallible so I dunno what I am supposed to be absolve them of. Even if the doctor was correct and made the correct diagnosis and said he could do nothing, the doctor is not an oracle who made a prophecy.

Yes people gain knowledge and go to hospitals and their condition persists, did they tell you school and hospital were omnipotent, omniscient and infallible? No, nobody in their right mind thinks that so that is no point at all.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 6:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Exactly ! We cannot be looking at the same sky in the scope of Omniscience.

Do you get it now? How can you narrow down God enough to fit him into your empirical experiment when you have not even been able to handle yourself?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Eifour(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

I have and no where in it does he say a child is naturally born a theist.

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 6:54pm On Dec 16, 2021
Eifour:

Bred and born are 2 different things. You said he asserted that children are born theists but this here says "bred in the bone".

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
Corea4king:
Please,when will human beings transform to another species, according to science?

True question athiest will Dodge and claim it's evolutionist that propose
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

Bred and born are 2 different things. You said he asserted that children are born theists but this here says "bred in the bone".

FYI bred in the bone is short for the saying "what is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh"

It simply means it is hereditary or in other words one is born that way.

Ignore the word BRED there because it would confuse you into thinking it means TAUGHT.

Bred in the bone simply means DEEPLY ROOTED just like being hereditary or in your DNA

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by jimmynauty: 7:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
An oyster desires, to live, to feed, hence to remain alive.
How do you know there's a mind?
Science says so.

I'm not conflating both.
Science also says a brain is not required for a mind to exist, although science is not sure of these claims but as at this time. There isn't an agreement in the Science community of this.

What higher cognitive functions though if I may ask.

A dolphin and a man have brains.
A Jellyfish and an Oyster don't.

What higher cognitive functions does a dolphin have that you can say is as a result of having a mind and a brain which the latter don't.
And please don't even mention their ability to communicate.

Make the water murkier...how does a plant respond positively to classical music and dislike rock music?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
jimmynauty:

True question athiest will Dodge and claim it's evolutionist that propose

What is there to dodge? Did the theory of evolution claim humans are going transform in another species in our lifetime or did we can even predict what transformations can occur?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:33pm On Dec 16, 2021
Corea4king:
Please,when will human beings transform to another species, according to science?

Show me where science says humans will transform into another species.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

FYI bred in the bone is short for the saying "what is bred in the bone will come out in the flesh"

It simply means it is hereditary or in other words one is born that way.

Ignore the word BRED there because it would confuse you into thinking it means TAUGHT.

Bred in the bone simply means DEEPLY ROOTED just like being hereditary or in your DNA

And his conclusion is: They emerge as accidental by-products of our mental systems. They are part of human nature.
In other words there is no supernatural component to the belief. Of course children prefer to think there is agency in everything. My when she was a toddler thought the bathroom light bulb was an eye looking at her. Evolutionary psychologists think think this attribution of agency is a learned survival response that our ancestors evolved in other to survive because it is better to think that bush moving is a predator then if it is true you are alert and escape, if not its all fine. This response is extrapolated to almost everything with kids. I used to think Tom and Jerry lived in their own world that the TV showed us snippets of.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 7:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

Apparently you think doctors are some kind of gods whose every pronouncement is infallible. Doctors can be wrong, they can make wrong or faulty diagnosis or give wrong medication. Some doctors don't even always keep arrest of the latest development in their field. All these and more are issues in the medical field. I have never made it look like doctors are infallible so I dunno what I am supposed to be absolve them of. Even if the doctor was correct and made the correct diagnosis and said he could do nothing, the doctor is not an oracle who made a prophecy.

Yes people gain knowledge and go to hospitals and their condition persists, did they tell you school and hospital were omnipotent, omniscient and infallible? No, nobody in their right mind thinks that so that is no point at all.

This is exactly besides the point like i already stated tongue in cheek. A doctor's right or wrong diagnosis is not what determines sickle cell or failed eyesight or shorter leg or fibroid, or dead newborn or measles or stroke. You don't need a doctor to see or experience or suffer these things. So whether they are right or wrong or omnipotent is not the point. The point is these things happened to or around me and were not things that just left from time to time by chance. They left by prayer.
You were the one who felt that God isn't real because not every prayer or petition is granted. i used your criteria on what you trust the most and it fails miserably. Not everyone is changed by education or hospitals. This doesn't make them less valuable or valid, neither does it make those who were changed to be questionable. These are the criteria you apply to what you trust and believe most. Those are your highest gauge and standard. They are what you usually want miracles and the supernatural to be tested by. The Omnipotent didn't promise you to heal all your sickness, did He?

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
Image123:

This is exactly besides the point like i already stated tongue in cheek. A doctor's right or wrong diagnosis is not what determines sickle cell or failed eyesight or shorter leg or fibroid, or dead newborn or measles or stroke. You don't need a doctor to see or experience or suffer these things. So whether they are right or wrong or omnipotent is not the point. The point is these things happened to or around me and were not things that just left from time to time by chance. They left by prayer.
You were the one who felt that God isn't real because not every prayer or petition is granted. i used your criteria on what you trust the most and it fails miserably. Not everyone is changed by education or hospitals. This doesn't make them less valuable or valid, neither does it make those who were changed to be questionable. These are the criteria you apply to what you trust and believe most. Those are your highest gauge and standard. They are what you usually want miracles and the supernatural to be tested by. The Omnipotent didn't promise you to heal all your sickness, did He?

Matthew 16:19
And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18
Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 21:22
And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Apparently your omnipotent god promised whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

You're cherry picking scriptures like a comedian. Anyone with knowledge of the Word of God knows that prayers are answered in line with the will of God, word of God and knowledge. The same Bible proves in different places that not all sickness are healed. Paul is a chief example, stop goofing.

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 8:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

You just indicted yourself with these scriptures and supported image123.

He said it is based on ones personal position and convictions and his prayer of faith got him result because clearly he believed unlike your criteria.

Besides when scripture is applied wrongly it would fail. Not all sicknesses and diseases get healed especially when the one asking is doubtful or applying it wrongly.

You just killed your own argument

1 Like

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Corea4king(m): 8:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed

Just read theory of evolution,how human beings came into existence and the transformation they undergoes like homo erectus, homo sapiens and what awaits them in the future.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:37pm On Dec 16, 2021
Corea4king:
LordReed

Just read theory of evolution,how human beings came into existence and the transformation they undergoes like homo erectus, homo sapiens and what awaits them in the future.

And how many years did those changes take?
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:40pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

You just indicted yourself with these scriptures and supported image123.

He said it is based on ones personal position and convictions and his prayer of faith got him result because clearly he believed unlike your criteria.

Besides when scripture is applied wrongly it would fail. Not all sicknesses and diseases get healed especially when the one asking is doubtful or applying it wrongly.

You just killed your own argument

LoL! Read again:
Image123:

The Omnipotent didn't promise you to heal all your sickness, did He?
Then read:
LordReed:

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 8:42pm On Dec 16, 2021
Image123:

You're cherry picking scriptures like a comedian. Anyone with knowledge of the Word of God knows that prayers are answered in line with the will of God, word of God and knowledge. The same Bible proves in different places that not all sickness are healed. Paul is a chief example, stop goofing.

LMFAO! So the god is a liar now. The god says whatsoever you pray for in no less than 3 places but sure some other scripture makes your god a liar. Bwahahahahaha! OMFD!
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Read again:

Then read:

Again you just killed your own argument. This is the thing with you atheists you read things by literally assuming the Bible to be a story book when it is more spiritual and faith based than anything else in this world.

You erroneously use your extremely limited mental depth on spiritual issues with zero faith level to judge the issues and words from a spiritual book which is loaded with faith.

Is it so hard for you to see you lost even before you began the argument? Your entire premise is wrong so you failed even before you began.

Stop trying to read or understand the Bible as if it were some set of scientific experiments laid out in writing. Do this and keep failing.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed:

LoL! Read again:

Then read:

Let me give you a little test to prove what I just said.

This is the book of Numbers 21:4-9

Read it and interpret it to me by trying to link it to your quoted scriptures as well as to the new testament happenings.

4 They traveled from Mount Hor(H) along the route to the Red Sea,[c](I) to go around Edom.(J) But the people grew impatient on the way;(K) 5 they spoke against God(L) and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt(M) to die in the wilderness?(N) There is no bread! There is no water!(O) And we detest this miserable food!”(P)

6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes(Q) among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died.(R) 7 The people came to Moses(S) and said, “We sinned(T) when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord(U) will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed(V) for the people.

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole;(W) anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake(X) and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.(Y)
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by Corea4king(m): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
LordReed

And how many years did those changes take

Million years(theory)
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:15pm On Dec 16, 2021
Corea4king:
LordReed

And how many years did those changes take

Million years(theory)

So you have your answer. You won't be here to see any changes.
Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Again you just killed your own argument. This is the thing with you atheists you read things by literally assuming the Bible to be a story book when it is more spiritual and faith based than anything else in this world.

You erroneously use your extremely limited mental depth on spiritual issues with zero faith level to judge the issues and words from a spiritual book which is loaded with faith.

Is it so hard for you to see you lost even before you began the argument? Your entire premise is wrong so you failed even before you began.

Stop trying to read or understand the Bible as if it were some set of scientific experiments laid out in writing. Do this and keep failing.

LMFAO! How is it my problem if you think your bible is not straightforward. You are basically telling me that whatsoever doesn't mean whatsoever so your god's words don't mean what they say, they mean what you say, in effect making your god a liar. Not my problem buddy. Bwahahahahahaha!

2 Likes

Re: My 8 Year Old Son's Debate With A 7yr Old Atheist by LordReed(m): 9:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
Tetehjewels:

Let me give you a little test to prove what I just said.

This is the book of Numbers 21:4-9

Read it and interpret it to me by trying to link it to your quoted scriptures as well as to the new testament happenings.

4 They traveled from Mount Hor(H) along the route to the Red Sea,[c](I) to go around Edom.(J) But the people grew impatient on the way;(K) 5 they spoke against God(L) and against Moses, and said, “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt(M) to die in the wilderness?(N) There is no bread! There is no water!(O) And we detest this miserable food!”(P)

6 Then the Lord sent venomous snakes(Q) among them; they bit the people and many Israelites died.(R) 7 The people came to Moses(S) and said, “We sinned(T) when we spoke against the Lord and against you. Pray that the Lord(U) will take the snakes away from us.” So Moses prayed(V) for the people.

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole;(W) anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake(X) and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.(Y)

8 The Lord said to Moses, “Make a snake and put it up on a pole;(W) anyone who is bitten can look at it and live.” 9 So Moses made a bronze snake(X) and put it up on a pole. Then when anyone was bitten by a snake and looked at the bronze snake, they lived.

Or does anyone not mean anyone as well? LMFAO!

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigeria Moving Towards Another Collapse, Civil War – Pastor Bakare / Fr Paul Obayi "Okunerere" Announces He Is Leaving The Catholic Church / Prophet Nigel Gaisie: "I Have Slept With Other Women Apart From My Wife"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.