Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:44 PM

How To Survive In The University As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How To Survive In The University As A Student (214 Views)

19-Year-Old Virgin Graduates From Taraba State University As She Celebrates (Pix / Justin Chukwudi Olewuezi Graduates From Russian University As A Medical Doctor / Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive In The University As A Student by Nairamum: 9:55pm On Dec 14, 2021
According to >>>>> https://liyob.com/surviving-as-a-student-in-the-universityn <<<<<

Getting admission into the tertiary institution of learning was my greatest challenge ever. Immediately I completed my secondary school education, I applied for admission into different tertiary institutions at least three of them, Federal University, State University, and Polytechnic.

In this special episode, I would like to make mention of a few beliefs I recently discovered are otherwise of what the majority of persons take it to be.

How to survive at school as a student
1. Getting admission isn’t rocket science.
Ordinarily, getting admission into the higher institution isn’t supposed to be a difficult thing to do, but most times it becomes an uphill battle to gain one.

One of the major factors of not getting admission is poor academic performance. If you performed poorly in your JAMB and POST UTME screening tests, it will definitely affect your chances of gaining admission into tertiary institutions.

Aside from the above, inappropriate choice of subject combination can hinder your chances of getting admission or might sometimes lead to the provision of a course you never applied for as your only option.

2. Life is easier in the university.
This is a common saying by a majority of persons who have never been to the university or other form of tertiary institution learning processes.

The truth remains that you have to earn it, if you don’t work for it, you won’t see it coming. To make life in the university better and easier for you, focus on your studies and minimize your participation in other activities that could be considered a distraction, Visit the library often and make sure you finish a chapter per day, and draft out questions you may have and then begin to figure out how to solve them.

3. Higher education is risky.
Aside from those in some African countries who believe girl child education is not worth investing in, there are also a group of other persons who solely believe that there’s no need to spend time and resources trying to acquire a degree since there’s probably no guarantee for work.

Disregard the above speculations, go out there and study, acquire your degree and use the knowledge and experiences gained to begin to improve your life.

If you hope for a better tomorrow, you shouldn’t play with your academics, pay attention to every detail and make sure you’re on the right track to achieving your academic goals without the fear of not getting a job tomorrow.

4. Exams are dreadful.
Exams can only be dreadful when students don’t read or expect to pass without reading. Here’s what to do if you are scared of exams, go on the search for past questions, gather as much as you can and study them to discover the pattern used in setting questions for your area of studies. Read relevant materials and practice them when and where possible, try yourself on a number of them and always get back to your teacher with questions of where you didn’t get it clear.
Continue reading >>> https://liyob.com/surviving-as-a-student-in-the-universityn/

(1) (Reply)

Whistleblowing In The COVID-19 Era / Progress Your Career In 2022 With Business Intelligence Training / Prof. Odunayo Clement Emerges UNIOSUN 4th Substantive Vice-chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.