Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,621 members, 7,908,577 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:13 AM

How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? (13557 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? / Give Correct Answers To Quizzes And Stand A Chance To Win Free Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no
Create and send a presentation detailing the logical and reason behind your conclusion to them. undecided
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MufasaLion: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2021
Bastard1stborn:

Exactly what I'm talking about. If Nairalanders knows who you are and how low your standard of living is... How poor your family background is, they may stone you to death.

Please check yourself and be honest of you are liable to tell if someone is living a miserable life.

You are always funny.

I wish you know who is here... I know you man. Don't stress it. Just ignore if you don't want to jam trailer this afternoon because I know you very well.

grin grin grin

You ain't the first fvctard to say that. Bastàrd son of a degenerate father.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MufasaLion: 4:03pm On Dec 16, 2021
micxwell:

I'm in your WhatsApp group o wink

cool cool cool

You smart!

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by ozo13(m): 4:04pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no
make u no enter debt before u learn it the hard way oo..like me.
I can comfortably say No to anybody now even the female folks
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by kapelvej: 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

Do not worry, till you get into a deep mess like me, no one will tell you to stop.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by philus66(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
helinues:
I stopped repeating myself. If I tell you NO, whatever you might be saying after that , I won't respond again

If it's been long time we talked, and you decided to call me instead of sending message first, Sha make sure your phone is on charging.

When people sometimes call you out of the blue, they must have prepared themselves for whatever they want to say while the conversation would caught you unaware. Request/demands are hard to turn down in such situations
I no get time for nonsense
What exactly is your point?
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Abujakenneth: 4:07pm On Dec 16, 2021
By saying no and standing your ground ; cheesy
IgiveLadiesBj:

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by na2016: 4:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

OP: Read this book even if it is the audio version. After reading this book, you will care less about pleasing people. The book is titled: "When I Say No, I Feel Guilty by Manuel J. Smith".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Lightway: 4:18pm On Dec 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:
People can only advice you and give you all sort of tips, but the decision ultimately lies with you. To take action and follow through with changing the way you think. It's self-development and it happens over time.

I think what you're really fearing is their opinions and judgement of you when you refuse them, so you try to avoid that by giving in to their demands. But you have to realise that opinions do not harm -- if you don't let them. That's just what they are: opinions. And you shouldn't care about them.

When you realize this, you'll be on your way to breaking out of the grasp of people's expectations and fulfilling them.

On the other hand, think of what you stand to lose by being a free-for-all person. Always remind yourself. Keep it in mind. Brokenness, hunger, the feelings of low self-esteem, short-changing yourself, etc. Would you rather prefer to continue feeling that way?

If everything breaks down today, these people you find it hard to refuse their demands, would they be there for you in such times?

That's a lie

People's opinion of you can actually harm you in the future. If people spread lies that you're a rapist won't that harm you.

If they say you're a prostitue, ashewo, runs girls... Won't that harm you

If they say you're a theif, won't that harm you

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by chudez0147(m): 4:19pm On Dec 16, 2021
helinues:
I stopped repeating myself. If I tell you NO, whatever you might be saying after that , I won't respond again

If it's been long time we talked, and you decided to call me instead of sending message first, Sha make sure your phone is on charging.

When people sometimes call you out of the blue, they must have prepared themselves for whatever they want to say while the conversation would caught you unaware. Request/demands are hard to turn down in such situations
You must be a member of Lord chosen church or Deeper life .
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by micxwell(m): 4:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is just like me

That is my new years resolution anyway

I pity people alot and it is affecting me already

I heard alot of times that when you really want to become a millionaire you have to be tough ....
That the likes of dangote, otedola don't pity humans that is why they are who they are today

You have to be intentional and strategic. You should have a budget for giving, once you exhaust it, make heaven fall baba nothing dey happen grin.. Na my way be that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Menesh: 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
tempem:
Give honest reasons for saying "No!" That works for me.

Do you feel there may be an honest reason when you really have all takes instead of saying NO.

You ultimately have to lie to always to say NO.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just a lil bit of "I don't care" and "coconut head" and a firm understanding of what underlies your refusal.

Dahz all

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by mployer(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Lightway:

That's a lie

People's opinion of you can actually harm you in the future. If people spread lies that you're a rapist won't that harm you.

If they say you're a prostitue, ashewo, runs girls... Won't that harm you

If they say you're a theif, won't that harm you

Every body won't say good things about you.

Concentrate on doing the right thing and don't bother about who is saying the wrong thing.

That is what it takes to be mentally strong.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by micxwell(m): 4:23pm On Dec 16, 2021
Faller:
Simple, You tell the person to go upstairs, then you stay downstairs and shout no
grin cheesy grin cheesy, Wetin happen
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by wonderr(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2021
Step up
stop being a boy become a man
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by BukasonEmpire: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
grin
Faller:
Simple, You tell the person to go upstairs, then you stay downstairs and shout no
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by SurvivorM(f): 4:34pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is just like me

I heard alot of times that when you really want to become a millionaire you have to be tough ....
That the likes of dangote, otedola don't pity humans that is why they are who they are today

Damnn niggar you said what
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Keniwit(m): 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2021
That's what happens when you have low self-esteem,You have to work on it .if nt you will really suffer
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by blaise26abj(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:
People can only advise you and give you all sort of tips, but the decision ultimately lies with you. To take action and follow through with changing the way you think. It's self-development and it happens over time.

I think what you're really fearing is their opinions and judgement of you when you refuse them, so you try to avoid that by giving in to their demands. But you have to realise that opinions do not harm -- if you don't let them. That's just what they are: opinions. And you shouldn't care about them.

When you realize this, you'll be on your way to breaking out of the grasp of people's expectations and fulfilling them.

On the other hand, think of what you stand to lose by being a free-for-all person. Always remind yourself. Keep it in mind. Brokenness, hunger, the feelings of low self-esteem, short-changing yourself, etc. Would you rather prefer to continue feeling that way?

If everything breaks down today, these people you find it hard to refuse their demands, would they be there for you in such times?

Great response . In addition , start with people that you are not really close to that make demands. This will help boost your ability to say no till you are ready to start saying no to family and friends .
Also be selective of who you say no to and how you say it especially family and close friends . Some you want to be firm , some you have to be diplomatic eg
Reliable Friend: please can I borrow 100k from you till month end .
You: ( if you don’t have money to spare at that time ) my chairman , I am expecting some money . I don’t know when it will come but I will put you in mind if the money shows . ( diplomacy)

Note: it is not a lie . We are all expecting money somewhere or somehow .

Useless people : abeg I fit see 200k there.
You: Alaye , you keep 200k for my hand ? Me sef bin wan call you to borrow 500k sef . Abeg I need am urgently .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Menesh: 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2021
Bastard1stborn:

Exactly what I'm talking about. If Nairalanders knows who you are and how low your standard of living is... How poor your family background is, they may stone you to death.

Please check yourself and be honest of you are liable to tell if someone is living a miserable life.

You are always funny.

I wish you know who is here... I know you man. Don't stress it. Just ignore if you don't want to jam trailer this afternoon because I know you very well.

Bro what's the quarrel about?

Or do you just want to upset him?

I think you started this.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by HayTerran: 5:06pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is just like me

You wey be criminal sef dey pity person. All those oyinbo wey you dey put to pain and suffer no be human being wey deserve pity enough. Small yansh dey shake, dey there dey deceive your dumb self.

Anyways, OP, some monikers up there really did justice to your question. I'm, like most reasonable people, looking to develop myself too. Saying no when necessary must be infused into my discharges too.

Meanwhile, I feel it's best you start with your username, it portrays you as being anxious to get women at any cost.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MarketDispatch: 5:12pm On Dec 16, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Bros op is just like me

I y they are who they are today

Different strokes work for different folks. If you look at the Igbo folks...some believe in helping family and friends so that they all become rich together to keep their support structure stronger.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by IMASTEX: 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2021
Magnoliaa:

This sum up everything. The thought of what if alone is enough to be bold with ones stand. Me, no time for big grammar once I tell you my position & ability.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Kaymansion(m): 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
Op he dey body, is just because you're a kind-hearted person cool same here too
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Dreytonisback(m): 5:56pm On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

I don't make myself easily accessible to people unless I wish to.

Keep that up , never change
It's called self respect not pride or ego

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by sundaygray(m): 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
You better learn it now or you'll regret it later. Open the notes app and write down excuses that you could use anytime if you're still not okay with saying a direct No.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by MufasaLion: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2021
Dreytonisback:

Keep that up , never change
It's called self respect not pride or ego

Lights up my kpoli in peace

cool cool cool

You're right. I don't joke with my self-esteem.

Anyways, listen to Light It Up - Migos × Pop Smoke while enjoying your Mary.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by emkz: 6:05pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just say no and never explain yourself to anyone.

Don't also say no and expect the person to like you. Therefore, don't say no and be forming familiarity with the person.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Dreytonisback(m): 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

cool cool cool

You're right. I don't joke with my self-esteem.

Anyways, listen to Light It Up - Migos × Pop Smoke while enjoying your Mary.

One love

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by ETIIKO: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2021
16 Be careful that you do not kill yourself. That might happen if you try to be too good or too *wise.

17 Be careful that you do not die too soon. That might happen if you are a fool or a bad person.
Ecclesiastes 7:16,17(simple English Bible)
Please read this night and day and learn more

helinues:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Okeedu(m): 6:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
Come to really think about it,life is basically sum total of ur choices,so when taking actions remember this the choices always got consequences and just that,positive or negative. Once u understand this,u will have this freedom with ur decision

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia / Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Have That Lesbian Tendencies? Opinion poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.