Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,220 members, 7,884,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:21 AM

How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? (13522 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? / Give Correct Answers To Quizzes And Stand A Chance To Win Free Airtime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by omanzo02: 6:25pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

How do you mean?

No or I can't! Is enough to keep you from repeating yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Mypeople2(m): 7:22pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no
grin cheesy cheesy grin Thank God say you nor be woman ...if not , you would have been mother of many nations impregnated by different toasters and boyfriends.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Bastard1stborn: 7:24pm On Dec 16, 2021
MufasaLion:

grin grin grin

You ain't the first fvctard to say that. Bastàrd son of a degenerate father.

Mufasa Lion! Who gave you the lion part to include it in your moniker. You are as weak as patience Jonathan grammatical expression.

You are too weak to pose yourself as a lion or have it in your moniker.

You are always frustrated, frustration is the order of your life. I notice this because you never cease to insult mother, father or generations of anyone who try to mention you.

But do you remember who you are and the kind kind family you hail from?

If you want me to remind you of who you are and where you come from, I will be glad to do so bro
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
OP, are you married? If NO. You will know how to say no and stand your ground when you have more responsibilities

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Exceed15: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2021
If you must go far and well in life, learn how to use the two letter word " NO". Simply sayI m sorry I can't do this" politely and stand firm on it else u keep hurting yourself.

Trying to be in everybody's good book is a waste of time .

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by FaithBrain1994(m): 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
Just say NO and stand your ground.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Offpoint1: 9:46pm On Dec 16, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:
Hello people of Nairaland, I am at the point of my life where I want to stop pleasing people regardless.

I find it difficult to say no especially to family and close friends and this has affected me badly in all ramifications especially in financial terms.
Please how do I say No and stand my ground without feeling bad or even care how they feel after I say no
Same shoe I'm in, it's literally impossible for me to turn someone down financially, even if it's N500 left in my account.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by kebliss(m): 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2021
I will tell you no, but if the person keep on persisting and using all sorts of emotional blackmail, I will then respond "ok, I don hear, make I see".
Na so e go end, the person nor go see anything!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by EmzyT: 10:31pm On Dec 16, 2021
My dear, Learn to say NO and let it be on Periodt.. sad People will come with all Sincerity to Borrow Something and then when you help them, to give you back that stuff becomes a Problem (Something you easily begged and got oo) they'll make you go through hell to get that stuff back, Some would stop picking your calls while others will Hide their Last seen on Whatsapp, then Proceed to Block you from seeing their Status so you won't know their active.. Some will Eventually Payback (By then you go don see shege) then start keeping malice with you because they paid back their Loan, on top your kind gesture oo sad

IN TIMAYA's VOICE: I don't understand how you help a Brother and they turn their Back on you, everyday till I die they can NEVER see for that one Lai-lai tongue tongue

Na you wear the Shoe so you know where it hurts.. I Learnt to say NO not too long ago and Believe me,

It's one of the Biggest Lesson of my Life smiley cheesy

(Catwalks outta Thread)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by pansophist(m): 1:55am On Dec 17, 2021
It's a question of if you'll put yourself first, or others. The beginning of suffering in life is when you're trying to please people. Seems like you're an agreeable person, then standing up for yourself won't come naturally to you. But it will come, hence you're asking this question.

For example, someone asked for 10k, such request has created a scenario where the asker will either go home happy or unhappy. If you can't said NO, then you placed yourself in a position of sadness, which is an antithesis to self-love. And if people smell this fault in you, you'll be exploited alot.

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Bosch10(m): 2:55am On Dec 17, 2021
IgiveLadiesBj:

oga,my own worst pass your own.recently I stood as guarantor for someone I hardly know against my will.now am regretting such action
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by ElonMosque(m): 8:13am On Dec 17, 2021
tradepunter:
By standing and saying noooo

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by debbydams(f): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2021
aimmoney9:

Except pregnancy and engagement ring..... grin
lol

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Bubyxresource(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2021
Well,I feel it remains something that is ever personal and situational however one may try to draw an all in one conclusion to it and profer a solution. Always be objective! regardless of the circumstance. However, good relationship can never be annuled in applying discretion especially when you are in the position to assist even if it is for a 10th time..... In summary, stay objective always and apply discretion when you want to say NO. You don't say No because u want to say No, You say NO because you need to say NO.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by Mogore(m): 7:57pm On Dec 17, 2021
I also had this issue. The only thingg you need to do is to say NO the first time. After it, it will be much easier to be done. THe first time is the scaries, but as for me, the person who I rejected, said "well, okay, not a big deal". So I started feeling much better about it.
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by SilasIBB: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2021
Say No and walk away

No Problem if you're doing the Right thing with a clear conscience.

No need to stand ground
Re: How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? by SilasIBB: 10:54am On Dec 18, 2021
In this term of giving, Give without end that's why you're alive.

If your savings block your giving, stop saving, live a day at ONCE.

Matt.6:11-12

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pupil Killed While On Teacher’s Errand / Baby Kidnapped From Labour Room In Abia / Do You Need A Web & App Developer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.