Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,566 members, 7,972,134 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 01:43 AM

Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate (8839 Views)

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / Speakership: I’m Not Tinubu’s Candidate, Says Gbajabiamila / Lagos 2015: 11 Out Of 12 Guber Aspirants Reject Tinubu's Sham Primaries To Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by semidaraeb(m): 2:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
I dey laugh o grin
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 2:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
No one has told me what is wrong with remi Tinubu contesting and winning an election?

The Kennedy family in America contest elections and win, George Bush has 2 of his children as state governors already. So what has Tinubu done wrong

Anyone who says Tinubu is selfish knows nothing. Tinubu relinquished his Lagos Central Senatorial slot in 2007 for Ganiyu Solomon. Go and check

When Tinubu campaigned for ACN in the SS they said he wanted their oil money, Now he is supporting A Benue man, Maybe he wants Benue Oil money too
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by donraja: 2:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
They are missing the point. Asiwaju is a strategist.

Just like he killed the PDP candidate for speakership so that PDP will be dead in SW, he wants to kill Senate president in NC so that ACN will not be a regional party and that will prepare them for the 2015 presidency because they will have coverage all round.

Come on ACN senators allow baba asiwaju to do the stuff for you.

Just simply SMS MYQUIZ to 33200 (MTN) and if you are on Etisalat to 3245. Soccer quiz will be sent to you when you get the question right, another question will be sent. Every question you get right gives you 20 points. Once you have 2000 p, oints call and redeem any of the prizes available. To check your points text MYQUIZP and you will see your total points. To see the list of prizes SMS PRIZE to any of the code that is for your network 33200 (MTN) and 3245 for (Etisalat). For the quad bike you need to get 4000 points. Remember the prizes are limited so if you are first to redeem it is gone other can only redeem the an item in the list that is still left.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Ystranger: 2:32pm On Jun 14, 2011
dayokanu:

No one has told me what is wrong with remi Tinubu contesting and winning an election?

The Kennedy family in America contest elections and win, George Bush has 2 of his children as state governors already. So what has Tinubu done wrong

Anyone who says Tinubu is selfish knows nothing. Tinubu relinquished his [b]Lagos Central Senatorial slot in 2007 for Ganiyu Solomon. Go and check[/b]

When Tinubu campaigned for ACN in the SS they said he wanted their oil money, Now he is supporting A Benue man, Maybe he wants Benue Oil money too

Following the same spirit, Solomon, from his membership of the lower chamber of the National Assembly, moved on to the upper chamber as a senator presently representing the[b] largest district in the state – Lagos West[/b], in an election that put his party, Action Congress (AC), above others in every area of the state.

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/29360/1/Ganiyu-Solomon-Footprints-of-a-peoples-Senator/Page1.html

really? 

In April 2007, Solomon was elected to the Senate on the Action Congress (AC) platform for the[b] Lagos West constituency[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganiyu_Solomon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_National_Assembly_delegation_from_Lagos
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by basadenet: 2:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tinubu is a dictator by all standard. Thank God the Dummies have now woke up from their slumber. They should resist him to the last, he always behaves as if he only owns the party. No Man is an Island.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
Ystranger, why are you always against progress? Akobi Tewonde George why?
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
Some people wey no dey on ground no feel dictate wetin we go do for ACN for us. If you are not satisfied, abeg form your own party
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by peanut123: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2011
Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon (GOS) wanted to run for Governor in 2007 against Fashola in the AC primaries. Tinubu wanted to run for Senate. In order to placate Sen. GOS, Tinubu arranged with Sen. GOS to quit the gubernatorial race and he then relinquished his senatorial ambition for GOS to take up. GOS took it up and won, Fashola also won. Tinubu is a godfather. Everybody is happy.
If you don't like it, hug transformer.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by otokx(m): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
Well everything seems ok
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 3:10pm On Jun 14, 2011
peanut123:

Ganiyu Olanrewaju Solomon (GOS) wanted to run for Governor in 2007 against Fashola in the AC primaries. Tinubu wanted to run for Senate. In order to placate Sen. GOS, Tinubu arranged with Sen. GOS to quit the gubernatorial race and he then relinquished his senatorial ambition for GOS to take up. GOS took it up and won, Fashola also won. Tinubu is a godfather. Everybody is happy.
God will bless you.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ak47mann(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
abeg how many teeth dey show grin grin grin
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 3:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
A very Good Advice To Eko-Ile

Stop Arguing or trying to talk sense into Ystrangers Head, He is a PDP member indirectly.
Get it now (Akobi Tewonde George)
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 3:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
bisiaet:

Why would they reject him? They must accept him with force, I think they said Tinubu is the best so let them face it. It is their cup of tea, he has be doing the business of imposition in the party for long and still my fellow party member still see him as all in all of ACN so they must accept any candidate Tinubu bring forward that is a good democracy hurrraaayyy pls Mr Tinubu please get more candidate and impose them plsss. Correct rubbish and nonsense!!!!!!! IMAO!!!!!!!!!!

Atleast Tinubu is not as Tribalistic as many NLanders paint him to be.
I respect him because without him, I imagine how the opposition would have been!
1. Those jobless ex-AD Governors following him about wouldnt have had a say
2. People like Fashola, Oshiomhole, Kayode, Abike-Dabiri, Olorunmnimbe, ETC would have been nowhere to be found by now.
3. Without him, PDP would have won 95% of all elective positions in Nigeria.

Buhari said and I quote: ''In Nigeria, we need STRONG personalities to help build STRONG institutions''
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by 2mch(m): 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
hmmm,  lipsrsealed shocked.

This is the beauty of democracy, Tinubu welcome to democracy. Why are people getting hot? They claimed the HOR Speakership imposition was a democracy. Well well, long live democratic party of ACN. grin cheesy
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
Carry go, Tinubu.

When Steven Ugbah has the governorship election overturned in his favor, and the Senate Minority leader also comes from the same state, what do you think the people of Benue will feel about the ACN?

Part of the reason why Tinubu is able to dance so easily past his enemies is because he seems to be less of a short-term thinker than they.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by johnie: 3:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
2mch:

hmmm,  lipsrsealed shocked.

This is the beauty of democracy, Tinubu welcome to democracy. Why are people getting hot? They claimed the HOR Speakership imposition was a democracy. Well well, long live democratic party of ACN. grin cheesy

And the main beneficiaries of their HOR debacle went back to beg PDP!

I dey laff o!

grin
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2011
johnie:

And the main beneficiaries of their HOR debacle went back to beg PDP!

I dey laff o!

grin

The begging was just to fulfil all unrighteousness.
Afterall, why didnt they just step down if they were really remorseful?
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by DaDoctor: 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
ILEKE -IDI AND EKO -ILE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, SO THESE DUDES ARE STILL DREAMING

ANYWAY , AS TIME CLICKS, THESE BONDAGED SENATORS AND REPS IMPOSED BY TINUBU WILL WAKE UP AND AGITATE AGAINST HIM(TAKE CUE FROM OBJS CASE), I THINK THEY ARE BEGINING TO WAKE UP,

THEY DO THE WORK, ONE GOD FATHER HOLDS THEM TO RANSOME AND DICTATES HIS CHOICE AND IMPOSE HIS PREFERENCE TO THEM.

WHO BETTER THING NO DEY HUNGRY,

REVOLT AGAINST TINUBU HAS JUST BEGUN, LETS WATCH.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by lagboyz: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
To all right thinking South-Westerner  you will agree with me that the Bastard of iragbiji (Tinubu)  has started journey of selef-distruction. His boy in the Nation news paper, Omotseye has  been sent to a write up that will pull Pa Awolowo down. No, way he can not.
Quote me, Mr Tinubu can not be Yoruba leader. he is an opportunist that has sold Yorubas for his selfish interes.
Eko Ile, Watch out. This is the begining of the end of ACN
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by DaDoctor: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
@LAGBOYZ, Ose gan o!

WONDER WHY THIS MAN WANTS ALL TO BOW FOR HIM, HE RESPECTS NO ONES VIEWS.

HE IS WORSE THAN OBJ, because HE IS THE SOLE OWNER OF THAT PARTY BOUND TO FAIL SOONEST.

HE IS A WRONG PERSON,
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 3:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Carry go, Tinubu.

When Steven Ugbah has the governorship election overturned in his favor, and the Senate Minority leader also comes from the same state, what do you think the people of Benue will feel about the ACN?

Part of the reason why Tinubu is able to dance so easily past his enemies is because he seems to be less of a short-term thinker than they.
God Bless my one and only Dapo!!!
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 4:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
Da Doctor:

@LAGBOYZ, Ose gan o!

WONDER WHY THIS MAN WANTS ALL TO BOW FOR HIM, HE RESPECTS NO ONES VIEWS.

HE IS WORSE THAN OBJ, because HE IS THE SOLE OWNER OF THAT PARTY BOUND TO FAIL SOONEST.

HE IS A WRONG PERSON,
You need Treatment
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by DaDoctor: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
Yes i do, but wait till it happens,

SHUD ACN LOSE LAGOS OR ANY OF THE STATES IN YEARS TO COME, THE EVIL CALLED TYNUBU WILL BE UNVEILED.HE HAS HELD US CAPTIVE FOR 2 LONG.I say this as an insider o!

When breeze blow, foul yansh go open,

YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING YOU LIKE, BUT I HAVE DROPPED MY PIECE.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Musiwa49: 4:12pm On Jun 14, 2011
there is no rule that says a new senator cant not be senate leader. look for some new. to break that PDP rule, you dont want senator that cant not speak as senate leader.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by fxtopedia(m): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tinubu Suck
ACN     Rock!
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Suntemi(m): 4:16pm On Jun 14, 2011
fxtopedia:

Tinubu Suck
ACN     Rock!

grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
Ystranger:

really?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_National_Assembly_delegation_from_Lagos

peanut123:

Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by gernded(m): 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2011
tinubu is still the only politically relevance person in the south west , thanks
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
lagboyz:

To all right thinking South-Westerner  you will agree with me that the naughty person of iragbiji (Tinubu)  has started journey of selef-distruction. His boy in the Nation news paper, Omotseye has  been sent to a write up that will pull Pa Awolowo down. No, way he can not.
Quote me, Mr Tinubu can not be Yoruba leader. he is an opportunist that has sold Yorubas for his selfish interes.
Eko Ile, Watch out. This is the begining of the end of ACN

I wonder what you had to say when Tribune was acting as the mouthpiece for Alao Akala to attack Tinubu everytime.

Now Omatseye gave them just one response and you are up in arms.

Do onto others what you expect other to do to you.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2011
[s]
Da Doctor:

Yes i do, but wait till it happens,

SHUD ACN LOSE LAGOS OR ANY OF THE STATES IN YEARS TO COME, THE EVIL CALLED TYNUBU WILL BE UNVEILED.HE HAS HELD US CAPTIVE FOR 2 LONG.I say this as an insider o!

When breeze blow, foul yansh go open,

YOU CAN SAY ANYTHING YOU LIKE, BUT I HAVE DROPPED MY PIECE.
[/s]

''In Nigeria, we need STRONG personalities to help build STRONG institutions''
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Hardeyorlah(f): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tinubu earned a master, Phd in impositon.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by OmoTier1(m): 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
Going by Eko Ile's account of how South-West leaders do come about, soon they will say Omo_Tier1 is the leader of Southern Nigeria! grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

I laugh in brocoli ancarantus grin

ACN! democracy for imposition!
CPC! whahal dey oh!
PDP! dollar dollar dollars!

I have said it, Tinubu either reforms or he deforms! Imposition is not democracy and our ACN must truly practice democracy of inclusive participation not of selective invovleism by proxy!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions 72 Units Of 3 Bedroom Flats / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: The Face Of Subsidy Removal? / NNPC Completes 539km Of Gas Pipeline Projects - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.