Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,658 members, 7,951,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:15 PM

Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate (8748 Views)

There Were No Elections For The Senate Leadership - Senator Akume / Speakership: I’m Not Tinubu’s Candidate, Says Gbajabiamila / Lagos 2015: 11 Out Of 12 Guber Aspirants Reject Tinubu's Sham Primaries To Hold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ochibs1010(m): 4:38pm On Jun 14, 2011
Tinubu is about to venture into real politics, the Grand strategist(D.Mark) will definitely bring him down

lets watch how tis cookie will crumble. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by seanet02: 4:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
ochibs1010:

Tinubu is about to venture into real politics, the Grand strategist(D.Mark) will definitely bring him down

Mark na small boy i tell you!! Ask OBJ if you doubt me
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by OmoTier1(m): 4:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

Atleast Tinubu is not as Tribalistic as many NLanders paint him to be.
I respect him because without him, I imagine how the opposition would have been!
1. Those jobless ex-AD Governors following him about wouldnt have had a say
2.  People like Fashola, Oshiomhole, Kayode, Abike-Dabiri, Olorunmnimbe, ETC would have been nowhere to be found by now.
3. Without him, PDP would have won 95% of all elective positions in Nigeria.

Buhari said and I quote:  ''In Nigeria, we need STRONG personalities to help build STRONG institutions''

Correction!
ACN in Edo State has nothing to do with Tinubu! The only reason ACN is in Edo state is because of Oshiomhole! and Lucky Igbinedion.

Make no mistake about it ALL ACN party stawarlts in Edo State are the Anti-Tonny Annenih's (aka Tinubu's distant relation in crime) faction of the PDP pre 2003. Not a single former AD member is an arrow head of ACN in Edo and ACN in Edo State does not need Tinubu to sweep Edo State as was shown in the last elections. Edolites hates PDP with a passion after the 8 years of bad rulership, tyranny and under development.

If Oshiomhole leaves ACN for LABOUR next year, ACN will loose Edo State! This is a fact and the realities on ground speaks for itself.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
ochibs1010:

Marks father, OBJ was left chopping sand and you mention Mark, Na only Mark, Why not Malachi or Act of Apostles
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by fxtopedia(m): 4:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
No room for authoritarian again!!!!
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by OmoTier1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
Was is not the same politics of imposition that breeds exclusion and create elitist politicians that killed PDP in South West?

So why is Tinubu taking the same killer pill, and expecting a different result?
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 4:56pm On Jun 14, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Was is not the same politics of imposition that breeds exclusion and create elitist politicians that killed PDP in South West?

So why is Tinubu taking the same killer pill, and expecting a different result?

Eh, the two major contenders are Ganiyu Solomon and Akume, right?

Compensate Solomon with something else later down the line if you like. But I think there is value in giving this particular leadership position (which doesn't really hold much power anyways) to a minority and someone from outside the SW.

Party members need to be strategic and see what the bigger picture is.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 4:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern about imposition. But if you don't give prominent positions to certain folk outside the SW, then how do you grow the party?

There has to be a balance here, no?
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 5:01pm On Jun 14, 2011
Its the same imposition that ACN has been practising thats making them to grow.

Fashola was imposed, Ajimobi, Amosun, Aregbesola, Fayemi were all imposed and won'

What happened to the internal democracy candidates like Olurin, Isiaka Adeleke, Omisore, Akala, Obanikoro, Dosunmu etc?

We voted them out.

We love imposition ]Anyone who doesnt like it should go to PDP which has internal democracy.

No one has given me reason why George Bush 2 sons can be governors in the biggest democracy in the world yet we are moaning about Tinubus wife
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2011
Pure democracy is nice, but often it means the majority benefits at the expense of the minority. There is nothing wrong with in certain limited cases having something set aside for minority groups.

I'm not a fan of imposition BTW, but this to me seems a little different. It isn't like it is Ganiyu Solomon versus some random Tinubu lackey.

This is Ganiyu Solomon (A Yoruba from the SW) versus Akume, a guy from a minority tribe and from Benue State. If there is no hope for a non-Yoruba to gain leadership positions in the ACN, then it is a tribal party, is it not?
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Desola(f): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2011
There is no war in the ACN, the members basically do what the leader says and the ACN know that unity is vitality right now. ACN has gone with Tinubu's choice, all that is being aired here is the debate that went on before the agreement.

The real war now would be between Akume and Mark and the mere fact that Mark is already throwing his toys out of the pram shows that there is a lot to be afraid of should Akume become leader. This should be a fun ride but my bet as ever is on Tinubu to ace this. He is simply the best!
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by lagdude: 5:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
Some ppl on this forum dont really understand how politics works but they just cum here and run their mouth like running water,why should u bring a postion to a region that you  have a strong base and neglect a region that you hardly have a base?Some guys named ACN a SW party on this forum but THE GREAT LEADER(ASIWAJU BOLA AHMED TINUBU-THE JARGABAN BORGU) wants to make it a national party and you are condenming his actions.

I dont see this as imposition but to make the party wax stronger.

Carry On Asiwaju Himself
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by step1: 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
lagboyz:

To all right thinking South-Westerner  you will agree with me that the naughty person of iragbiji (Tinubu)  has started journey of selef-distruction. His boy in the Nation news paper, Omotseye has  been sent to a write up that will pull Pa Awolowo down. No, way he can not.
Quote me, Mr Tinubu can not be Yoruba leader. he is an opportunist that has sold Yorubas for his selfish interes.
Eko Ile,  Watch out. This is the begining of the end of ACN

Ose egbon mi. The best quote so far
I am glad south-westerners are waking up to the reality on ground. We the people on ground most especially in lagos will/would never allow Tinubu to be our leader. I don't care if he is Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ogun etc allow him to be their leader but Lagos it is a "no no" situation. If other south-western states are happy with Tinubu, then by all mean let him rule them but Lagos he can not rule. ACN stands in lagos now because of Gov.Fashola who majority of us love. Even fashola is not doing enough for the money he collects from the states. Between Fashola and Tinubu 2 trillion Naira has gone down unaccounted for with in 1999 to 2011. Tinubu borrowed 150 million dollars in the name of Lagos state during his tenure. He planned to build a railway project in the state with this money which as of today Fashola has also borrowed a similar amount in the name of this project. Eko Atlantic is not Fashola's doing but banks donated money in other to pay back in good will to the state. Fashola has nothing to do with eko atlantic.

So the question. What has Fashola and Tinubu done for the state which happens to be the commercial capital of Africa.

ekt_bear:

Don't get me wrong, I understand your concern about imposition. But if you don't give prominent positions to certain folk outside the SW, then how do you grow the party?

There has to be a balance here, no?

Dapo my brother, Please do not be deceived with what some fake south-westerners are saying here majority of them are only looking for what they would gain(money) from Tinubu. As I speak now Tinubu is not loved in Lagos at all !!!!. Do not let like of Eko/Iragbji ile deceive you. You need to come to Lagos to know what is happening on ground. You would be disappointed.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 5:18pm On Jun 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Marks father, OBJ was left chopping sand and you mention Mark, Na only Mark, Why not Malachi or Act of Apostles

Laughing to tears  grin grin grin grin
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
Lmao, how did Tinubu get this Borgu title?

Awesome.

It rolls off the tongue so nicely. . . "Jagaban Borgu"
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by passyjango(m): 5:21pm On Jun 14, 2011
The argument of Tinubu is sound, ACN needs to sacrifice in order to gain ground in other parts of Nigeria. I do not see any selfishness in the argument of Tinubu.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 5:22pm On Jun 14, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Correction!
ACN in Edo State has nothing to do with Tinubu! The only reason ACN is in Edo state is because of Oshiomhole! and Lucky Igbinedion.

Make no mistake about it ALL ACN party stawarlts in Edo State are the Anti-Tonny Annenih's (aka Tinubu's distant relation in crime) faction of the PDP pre 2003. Not a single former AD member is an arrow head of ACN in Edo and ACN in Edo State does not need Tinubu to sweep Edo State as was shown in the last elections. Edolites hates PDP with a passion after the 8 years of bad rulership, tyranny and under development.

If Oshiomhole leaves ACN for LABOUR next year, ACN will loose Edo State! This is a fact and the realities on ground speaks for itself.

LIAR!
BILLIONS OF NAIRA EXCHANGED HANDS DURING OSHIOMHOLE'S LONG BATTLE IN COURTS. ASK A SAN HOW MUCH HE COLLECTS TO APPEAR IN COURT FOR 1 HOUR!
THE NOT-SO-RICH COMRADE COULDNT HAVE RAISED THAT MUCH EVEN IN HIS DREAMS.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by jmaine: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
You guyz exaggerate Tinubu influence outside the south west . . So funny, thinking mark and his gang would be scared of a newbie in Akume , A PDP man at heart to out maneuver them . .you must all be dreaming . . and it appears Tinubu staunch and blatant backers are suddenly ashamed to use their suspect user ID , choosing to disguise under new IDs to make their point . . . interesting
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Jun 14, 2011
step1:

I am glad south-westerners are waking up to the reality on ground. We the people on ground most especially in lagos will/would never allow Tinubu to be our leader. I don't care if he is Ekiti, Osun, Oyo, Ogun etc allow him to be their leader but Lagos it is a "no no" situation. If other south-western states are happy with Tinubu, then by all mean let him rule them but Lagos he can not rule. ACN stands in lagos now because of Gov.Fashola who majority of us love. Even fashola is not doing enough for the money he collects from the states. Between Fashola and Tinubu 2 trillion Naira has gone down unaccounted for with in 1999 to 2011. Tinubu borrowed 150 million dollars in the name of Lagos state during his tenure. He planned to build a railway project in the state with this money which as of today Fashola has also borrowed a similar amount in the name of this project. Eko Atlantic is not Fashola's doing but banks donated money in other to pay back in good will to the state. Fashola has nothing to do with eko atlantic.

Thankfully everyone knows that Fashola is a product of Tinubu imposition, So if you love Fashola that means you love and have benefitted immesely from Tinubus imposition

If Tinubu is not the leader in Lagos then who is ? Thug Obanikoro or Tewonde george or Father of rascals OBJ

Tinubu ma ko wa je niso. Continue leading us Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. May your reign be long May you never know shame like the PDP and their shameless people
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Desola(f): 5:27pm On Jun 14, 2011

So the question. What has Fashola and Tinubu done for the state which happens to be the commercial capital of Africa.

Seriously? He cannot rule Lagos? As a matter of fact, he is done ruling Lagos, but OWNING it! Whether you like am, whether you no like am, Tinubu is the baba Isale and undesputable owner of Lagos state, no one holds that title.
What I wouldn't do however, is go as far as declare him the Asiwaju of Yorubaland. Now, that is a feat he cannot achieve in this lifetime but when it comes to Lagos, he is the DON. Tinubu is what the Queen is to the UK and Fashola is what Cameron is.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by dayokanu(m): 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2011
jmaine:

You guyz exaggerate Tinubu influence outside the south west . . So funny, thinking mark and his gang would be scared of a newbie in Akume , A PDP man at heart to out maneuver them . .you must all be dreaming . . and it appears Tinubu staunch and blatant backers are suddenly ashamed to use their suspect user ID , choosing to disguise under new IDs to make their point . . . interesting

PDP chieftains like OBJ, Anenih, Bode George, Akala, Daniels have been rendered impotent in their own state. and we are talking about Mark? Which Mark? Soon you go see Phillipians or Habakkuk
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 5:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
OT: The Borgu Kingdom has a website, it seems:

http://www.borgukingdomng.com/faqs.html

Always interesting to learn about the the neighbors of Yorubaland  smiley
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by jmaine: 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

LIAR!
BILLIONS OF NAIRA EXCHANGED HANDS DURING OSHIOMHOLE'S LONG BATTLE IN COURTS. ASK A SAN HOW MUCH HE COLLECTS TO APPEAR IN COURT FOR 1 HOUR!
THE NOT-SO-RICH COMRADE COULDNT HAVE RAISED THAT MUCH EVEN IN HIS DREAMS.

Forget all this story of yours, the point he made is true and factual . . . Same rule could apply to Senator Ngige as well . . or even the Akume in this case . .They won not because of Tinubu or the ACN influence but personal clout,  working on a different platform . .a  synonymous trait in our political clime
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by enyojo(f): 5:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
I don't like Tinubu as a person.
But I like his  strategic dexterity and  political wizardry with which he dusted and frustrated Heavyweights like a 3 times President Obj, a disgraced Police Henchman Akala, A former Vice President/ Custom Boss Atiku, 3 times Governor/ Military Administrator/Minister Agagu, 3 Times Governor/MILAD Oyinlola, 2 times Senator/Gov Hopeful/Murderer Omisore, Mr-Fix-It/Old stubborn Man Tony Anenih etc etc

Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Ystranger: 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2011
Desola:

Seriously? He cannot rule Lagos? As a matter of fact, he is done ruling Lagos, but OWNING it! Whether you like am, whether you no like am, Tinubu is the baba Isale and undesputable owner of Lagos state, no one holds that title.
What I wouldn't do however, is go as far as declare him the Asiwaju of Yorubaland. Now, that is a feat he cannot achieve in this lifetime but when it comes to Lagos, he is the DON. Tinubu is what the Queen is to the UK and Fashola is what Cameron is.

I agree with you. Remember how he sent thugs to beat Gani at Igbosere, during the whole University of Chicago/GCI wahala. Fun times I tell ya.  I could not believe it. With Gani's popularity and influence, Tinubu was able to send his thugs to roughen the only SAM we know.

WRT Lagos, his influence is immense. Not even the Military could touch Gani, but Tinubu did.

May God save the SW from this drug lord! The Al Capone of the SW
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by step1: 5:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
dayokanu:

Thankfully everyone knows that Fashola is a product of Tinubu imposition, So if you love Fashola that means you love and have benefitted immesely from Tinubus imposition

If Tinubu is not the leader in Lagos then who is ? Thug Obanikoro or Tewonde george or Father of rascals OBJ

Tinubu ma ko wa je niso. Continue leading us Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. May your reign be long May you never know shame like the PDP and their shameless people

Fashola is not a product of Tinubu. Fashola is a product of ACN. Obanikoro and co are not to replace fashola when Jimi is there.

Desola:

Funny girl, when last have you lived in Lagos and I am not talking about holiday
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by jmaine: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
dayokanu:

PDP chieftains like OBJ, Anenih, Bode George, Akala, Daniels have been rendered impotent in their own state. and we are talking about Mark? Which Mark? Soon you go see Phillipians or Habakkuk

You seem to be dreaming seriously . .  politicking at the national assembly transcends party and regional lines . .  ability to forge and maintain a common alliance is key and the lawmakers are always united when it comes to sharing the spoils at the national assembly . .Tinubu sectional politics acumen would be trounced fair and square by the seasoned David Mark . .You under estimate the guy

I keep telling you that the ACN victory in the SW was due to the change the people carved for after seeing the brutal reign and grip of the late Adedibu, Oyinlola high handedness and Gbenga daniels ruthless second term . .They all had internal enemies that led to their fall . .the ACN just provided an alternative especially seeing the beauty of Fashola performance . . I put it to you that if the ACN dare messes up their chance just like the defunct AD . .the Tinubu false mythology in the SW would be quashed .  . . the LP are waiting on the sidelines waiting to be tested on a large scale . .  Tinubu reign in Lagos is imperial,obviously his long term plan of eliminating Engr Funsho William made him the undisputed king in Lagos . .but don't feel he can achieve such total dominance in the entire SW arena
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Ystranger: 5:43pm On Jun 14, 2011
step1:

Fashola is not a product of Tinubu. Fashola is a product of ACN. Obanikoro and co are not to replace fashola when Jimi is there.

Funny girl, when last have you lived in Lagos and I am not talking about holiday

Thank you jare, eyan yiiiii

When you ask them questions like that, they all get mad. I asked Katsumoto the same question, he got belligerent.

A lot of people dont know the true state of things. The dont know that Tinubu's influence isnt state-wide. He is hated like mad, especially with the way he governed Lagos.

Anyway, we shall all see.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by EkoIle1: 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

Carry go, Tinubu.

When Steven Ugbah has the governorship election overturned in his favor, and the Senate Minority leader also comes from the same state, what do you think the people of Benue will feel about the ACN?

Part of the reason why Tinubu is able to dance so easily past his enemies is because he seems to be less of a short-term thinker than they.

Well, at least this is all we expect from many of these myopic and backward thinking people, they are not about intelligent reasoning or any kind of concerns about the ACN or the people of SW, their only preoccupation here is the usual hate and clownish routine.

Before the elections, the same clowns on NL, the Awo family, the Tribune and the PDP were spewing the same rubbish, predicting hell and doom for the ACN and Tinubu, but as usual, Tinubu not only cleaned their clocks, he took away six states and nearly all the legislative seats away from the PDP off one single election period.  

This is one of the things I love about that man, his strategic thinking foresight is breathtaking. The fact is and according to Tinubu, the ACN can not remain a regional party and for them to move and expand, they have to give other regions a stake in the party and it's future.

It's hard to ask other people to vote for you or hand over their future and destiny with nothing in return, you have to sacrifice for the The man in question did a lot for the party and delivered within a short period of time. It's nothing but EGO and sense of entitlement on the side of the folks against the move, but at the end of the day and as usual, they'll deal with the voice of reason and work it out.

So, let's not worry about these NL loud mouths, Tinubu is gonna keep cleaning their clocks while they sit here spewing their mindless rubbish. The joke is obviously on them.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ak47mann(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
ladies and gentlemen
pls i got a word of advice to chip in for edo state/people cheesy that S/W no send them they should wake da fu-ck up   i will give an example from what i saw in nation newspaper. Yorubas telling our president PLEASE READ  

source said: "Our position is that Aganga is from Sabongida-Ora in Edo State, as far as records on his parents are concerned. He has no basis to claim that he is from Lagos State.
"We bear no grudge against Aganga because he is eminently qualified as a Nigerian and a technocrat. But he cannot usurp the slot meant for Lagos State. The President is free to choose him as his nominee from Edo State.
"So, this time around, we want an indigene of Lagos as the ministerial candidate for the state. Aganga cannot even represent the Southwest. CASE CLOSE tongue
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by ektbear: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
^-- Nothing wrong with that. Technically speaking, he is not an indigene of anywhere in the SW. So why should he take a slot that is reserved in the constitution for indigenes?

Practically speaking of course, he is essentially Yoruba. He even went to this somewhat famous secondary school in Ado-Ekiti that has also produced lots of great Nigerians  grin

But that doesn't mean he should take a slot reserved constitutionally for someone else.
Re: Senate Leadership: ACN, Minority Parties Reject Tinubu’s Candidate by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 14, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- Nothing wrong with that. Technically speaking, he is not an indigene of anywhere in the SW. So why should he take a slot that is reserved in the constitution for indigenes?

Practically speaking of course, he is essentially Yoruba. He even went to this somewhat famous secondary school in Ado-Ekiti that has also produced lots of great Nigerians grin

But that doesn't mean he should take a slot reserved constitutionally for someone else.

Christ's school is no longer what it used to be. It's almost sad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma / Yayi In The Crosshairs: Navigating Allegations Of Project Conversion In Ogun / Saraki Won’t Benefit From Code Of Conduct Act Amendment — Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.