Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,935 members, 7,938,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas (8237 Views)

"A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro76: 12:30pm On Jun 14, 2011
nwa afo:

but Kanu is not from Imo state

What difference does it make? He grew up there.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jun 14, 2011
nwa afo:

but Kanu is not from Imo state

Nwa afo, hapugodu okwu ahu ugbua, inugo? This is an era where Igbos are demanding commensurate appointments from states like Lagos and Kano and are getting it.
How much more of someone who grew up in Imo state, have proven track records and above all is loved by all. I am from Imo state, This is the last question we want to hear.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
Okoro2015:

Nwa afo, hapugodu okwu ahu ugbua, inugo? This is an era where Igbos are demanding commensurate appointments from states like Lagos and Kano and are getting it.
How much more of someone who grew up in Imo state, have proven track records and above all is loved by all. I am from Imo state, This is the last question we want to hear.

how many yorubas and hausas get appointments in iboland?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

how many yorubas and hausas get appointments in iboland?

Igbos dont get appointments outside their states based on sentiments. It is based on their contributions to the development of their host state.
Your people should learn this and stop complaining unnecessarily.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by DaDoctor: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
Rochas, dont let me lose confidence in you, IS KANU FROM IMO STATE
ARE THERE NO IMO STATE PROFFESSIONLAS THAT THIS POST WOULD HAVE GONE TO?

MUST EVRY OF YOUR CHOICES BE CONCEIVED AS MISTAKE FROM A POWER INTOXICATED MAN

Na wa o!! WONDER WHEN SPORTS HAS BECOME THE PROBLEM OF IMO STATE INDIGENE?

We threw away Ohakim amd put you there because we need change, Guess we forgot to tell you it was POSITIVE CHANGE!!!

Ohakim appointed OKEY BAKASSI AS SA ON ENTERTAINMENT AND CREATED THAT OFFICE THAT ISNT EXISTENT ANYWHERE, IN LIKE MANNER AND EVENT YOU ARE DOING SAME,

No fall our hand o!!
THaT IS IF U WANT TO REMAIN AFTER2015, Get back to serious work and lookk more inwards.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by MMM2(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2011
i thought kanu is from abia state.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by JUO(m): 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2011
good
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by richidinho(m): 1:58pm On Jun 14, 2011
advising while still playing for Portsmouth?

the dude only retire from International Football

pretender does the worst
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by chopper(m): 2:02pm On Jun 14, 2011
CLARION CALL FOR KANU TO COME AND ''CHOP"
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by apoti(m): 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
Da Doctor:

Rochas, dont let me lose confidence in you, IS KANU FROM IMO STATE
[b]ARE THERE NO IMO STATE PROFFESSIONLAS [/b]THAT THIS POST WOULD HAVE GONE TO?

MUST EVRY OF YOUR CHOICES BE CONCEIVED AS MISTAKE FROM A POWER INTOXICATED MAN

You mean [b]PROFFESSIONLAS
like you? grin grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by ak47mann(m): 2:57pm On Jun 14, 2011
why imo state want steal our boyyyyy kanu angry angry angry angry angry angry peter obi have already giving him deputy governor post. And his from anambra cheesy
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
Okoro2015:

Igbos dont get appointments outside their states based on sentiments. It is based on their contributions  to the development of their host state.

Are you serious ? So other ethnic do not contribute anything in iboland ? shocked
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Agoro112: 3:36pm On Jun 14, 2011
Gov Rochas okorochas u r supposed to be the messiah of Imo state after the embezzlement of the state by Oakim who milked the state dry and did nothing, i sincerely feel if he is gonna make kanu SA for sports (which i feel is a bad idea) it shouldnt be one of the first appointments cause its obvious its more of a favour to kanu than to Imo state, pls pls and pls dont let the indigenes of Imo state lose confidence in you before you even start what you are meant to do,
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by snowdrops(m): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2011
kanu should only beware of getting sucked too deep into politics.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro76: 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
Bluetooth
Here we go again. It has been proven to you before here on NL that Igbos engaged Yorubas in Igboland's politics before Tinubu did in Lagos
Under Nnamani and Kalu, Yorubas were in govt in Enugu and Abia
Under Ohakim, an Edo was in govt in Imo
Moreover, you cannot stay in your backyard and expect to be given a post in Igboland. If you want a post there, relocate there.
Igbos in Lagos work for every dime/position they get. No one came to Anambra to ask Ben Akabueze to come become a commissioner in Lagos
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by enyojo(f): 3:48pm On Jun 14, 2011
Can you see why Nigeria can never split??
Can you see that if at all any part secedes to be on its own like Biafra, Odua Republic, Arewa etc, they CANNOT be united?

See, Lagos state usually had Igbo Commissioners (Not just Special Advisers) the latest was Ben Akabueze who was given a sensitive ministry as Budget and Economic planning. In the same vein, Kano state under shekarau had different tribes including an Igala (my lovely tribe) as commissioner.

Now Rochas took in Kanu (another Igbo) as Special Adviser (not Commissioner) and Tribalists are saying why take an Abia man in Imo state.

I can now see how helplessly shallow Tribalists are!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by drgica74: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2011
I see this as right step in the right direction. We need fresh minds and technocrats, not old corrupt politicians.

Thanks our able Governor.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro76: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

Can you see that if at all any part secedes to be on its own like Biafra, Odua Republic, Arewa etc, they CANNOT be united?

See, Lagos state usually had Igbo Commissioners (Not just Special Advisers) the latest was Ben Akabueze who was given a sensitive ministry as Budget and Economic planning. In the same vein, Kano state under shekarau had different tribes including an Igala (my lovely tribe) as commissioner.

Now Rochas took in Kanu (another Igbo) as Special Adviser (not Commissioner) and Tribalists are saying why take an Abia man in Imo state.

Who was the person before Akabueze?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Desola(f): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2011
Igbos dont get appointments outside their states based on sentiments. It is based on their contributions to the development of their host state.

Give me good examples of how the ibos have contributed to Lagos, please do.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro76: 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2011
^^^^
Igbos pay taxes in Lagos and own properties that contribute in the physical development of the place
Igbos attend Unilag, LASU and Yabatech in thousands, as students and professors: they contribute to the intellectual debate there
Igbos own thousands of industries in Lagos (Capital Oil, Coscharis, Zinox, Emzor, Linkserve, etc, etc)
They own hundreds of thousands of retail trade in Lagos
They own a good # of the Hotels in Lagos
In fact, they own 60 + % of Lagos. Is that not contribution more than enough?
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by drgica74: 5:35pm On Jun 14, 2011
I bet you, if Ibos pull out of Lagos, the IGR will fall and the economy will collapse.
Check out Alaba Int'l market, Ladipo,
Check out All the Transport system (Inter-states)
Check out the Big companies that my brother has already mentioned.
Check out all the other small markets.
Check out the houses in Lekki, VGC, and other choice areas.

Well this space is not enough to list all these.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by enyojo(f): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2011
adejoro74.:

Who was the person before Akabueze?

I assume and presume that u are a new man in Lagos or not a Lagosian at all.
In either case, you should have heard that one Gov Tinubu worked with non Yorubas (including Igbos)
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Chyz2: 5:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
Good developent. Kanu's appointment will definitely place more eyes on Imo state whcih willl also help to further promote tourism in the state. Rochas is makin moves mehn. Gov's Orji and Elechi need to step it up because the other three are soring! cool
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by jason123: 5:50pm On Jun 14, 2011
drgica74:

I bet you, if Ibos pull out of Lagos, the IGR will fall and the economy will collapse.
Check out Alaba Int'l market, Ladipo,
Check out All the Transport system (Inter-states)
Check out the Big companies that my brother  has already mentioned.
Check out all the other small markets.
Check out the houses in Lekki, VGC, and other choice areas.

Well this space is not enough to list all these.

Like June 12? Guys, learn to humble yourselves
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Chyz2: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2011
M M M:

i thought kanu is from abia state.

Imo and Abia wu otu. Go check the history. cool
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by jason123: 5:53pm On Jun 14, 2011
adejoro74.:

^^^^
Igbos pay taxes in Lagos and own properties that contribute in the physical development of the place
Igbos attend Unilag, LASU and Yabatech in thousands, as students and professors: they contribute to the intellectual debate there
Igbos own thousands of industries in Lagos (Capital Oil, Coscharis, Zinox, Emzor, Linkserve, etc, etc)
In fact they own 60% of Lagos. Is that not contribution more than enough?

So if Igbos own 60% of Lagos, how much do Yorubas actually own Not to talk about other ethnic groups in Nigeria?? What about the Hausas and Dangote SMH at your wrapped mentality!!!
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Sunofgod(m): 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2011
34 year old Kanu? Who still dey talk dat one?

Anyway, I dont think 'Kanu's' heart is strong enough for Nigerian politics.

He should consult his Witch Doctor before accepting the post.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro76: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

I assume and presume that u are a new man in Lagos or not a Lagosian at all.
In either case, you should have heard that one Gov Tinubu worked with non Yorubas (including Igbos)
Just give me the name of any person who was a commissioner/special assistant under Tinubu apart from Akabueze. Okay?

Me, live in Lagos? What for??
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by kcjazz(m): 6:09pm On Jun 14, 2011
enyojo:

You dey mind them? undecided

By the way Kanu grew up in Owerri, schooled in Owerri, married in Owerri, played for Heartland and even is a former adviser to the Imo (Ohakim) Government for Heartland FC. Do footballers make better advisers/administrators? Well there Michel Platini and Olover Bierhoff so I don't get the issue here. He can even contest for an Imo election, his chances of winning in Abia is extremely limited.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Roland17(m): 6:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
Sports administration is not the same as soccer, Rochas abeg ohhhh, if you meant special adviser on soccer am ok with that.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 14, 2011
Who is that dimwitted bimbo asking for a "good example" of how Igbos have contributed to Lagos? Are you kidding me? Seriously, most of these lasses are better off discussing Mercy Johnson and Ini Edo Nollywood nonsense. That's the only subject they can discuss knowledgeably after spendind all their free hours watching Africa Magic. Dunces.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Chyz2: 7:25pm On Jun 14, 2011
Roland17:

Sports administration is not the same as soccer, Rochas abeg ohhhh, if you meant special adviser on soccer am ok with that.

"[/b]Former Nigeria World Cup skipper Nwankwo Kanu has been appointed [size=13pt][b]a special adviser on sports  [/size] to newly-elected the Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha.

Okorocha announced Kanu’s appointment at a special dinner in honour of the former Arsenal and Inter Milan star, who called time on his international career at the weekend in Lagos."

He is "A special advisor of sports" and not "THE special advisor of sports". There is a football wing under sports.He will more that likely be advising on that field alone,or mostly.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Governors Working To Come Up With Solution Soon - Tambuwal / Wale Edun: Nigeria Economy Moving, Tinubu’s Policies Slowing Down Food Inflation / Who Was The Best President Nigeria Ever/never Had?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.