Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,897 members, 7,949,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 07:21 PM

Should I Quit My Job - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit My Job (14499 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Should I Quit My Job And Continue With Business / Should I Quit My Pastoral Job To Be A Transporter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Quit My Job by publicenemy(m): 9:47am On Dec 24, 2021
Idowu116:
Hello Everyone,am new here and I see the way people share opinion about what they are going through in life so I decided to share mine too.

This is a little bit long please bear with me.
Am a 22 year old undergraduate.I finished my secondary School in 2017 but couldn't further my education because my parents (father particularly) are financially down.

I didn't even attend my graduation party party because my dad refused to get me the clothes we chose to wear in my class.

So out of shame,I didn't attend the party and I haven't even collect my certificate and testimonial till today.

Later in November that year (finished school in September),I decided to start looking for a menial job so a friend helped me with work at a particular market in Lagos, where I wash shoe for shoe sellers.

I did this till 2020 in March before the Corona virus issue started.

So around December I resumed the work again till early April, this year.

A friend of my mom helped me get a job at a bank,to work as a cleaner.

All this while, my dad and mom had a serious fight and my dad stopped living with us.

My father is a stubborn and who fornicates and my mom is not happy with it.

So luckily,I got the job and I started working that same month, paid 25k.
With this 25k, a take transport everyday #400 (200 go,200 come)and I feed from it too.i give my mum 5,000 from it too but am not happy and comfortable with it because before the month ends I end up having nothing, trekking to work and have not to eat talk less of saving to further my education.

Working as a cleaner, people use to take advantage of me a lot and a person,I have studied my nature well.I don't like people sending me on errands,I hate it but that is the nature of the job.

People take me for granted, some abuse me then I would cry and wish I never existed.

Sometimes I think of committing sucide but I later do keep my cool.I am an introvert but I have decided to start talking back at people and refusing to answer their message but am scared I might loose my job even though am not happy with the job.

Am also thinking of stopping the job myself but am scared of poverty.

I don't want to go back to the shoe washing job too because it is too stressful and I get sick when doing it

Please what should I do

Take N5,000 from ur salary every month to buy cheap crpto currencies while using your phone to search for other jobs... You are just begining life don't e thinking about suicide, there are people with far better qualifications than you who are doing far worse jobs and many of the will make it in life... Stay strong.
Re: Should I Quit My Job by peedeeasobie(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2021
Idowu116:
Hello Everyone,am new here and I see the way people share opinion about what they are going through in life so I decided to share mine too.

Am a 22 year old undergraduate.I finished my secondary School in 2017 but couldn't further my education because my parents (father particularly) are financially down.

I didn't even attend my graduation party party because my dad refused to get me the clothes we chose to wear in my class.

So out of shame,I didn't attend the party and I haven't even collect my certificate and testimonial till today.

Later in November that year (finished school in September),I decided to start looking for a menial job so a friend helped me with work at a particular market in Lagos, where I wash shoe for shoe sellers.

All this while, my dad and mom had a serious fight and my dad stopped living with us.

With this 25k, a take transport everyday #400 (200 go,200 come)and I feed from it too.i give my mum 5,000 from it too but am not happy and comfortable with it because before the month ends I end up having nothing, trekking to work and have not to eat talk less of saving to further my education.

Working as a cleaner, people use to take advantage of me a lot and a person,I have studied my nature well.I don't like people sending me on errands,I hate it but that is the nature of the job.

People take me for granted, some abuse me then I would cry and wish I never existed.

Sometimes I think of committing sucide but I later do keep my cool.I am an introvert but I have decided to start talking back at people and refusing to answer their message but am scared I might loose my job even though am not happy with the job.

I don't want to go back to the shoe washing job too because it is too stressful and I get sick when doing it

Please what should I do

Few observations.

Firstly, you are someone that cares what people say or think about you, you insisted on wearing what your secondary school class wore and didn't attend out of shame... when you knew your family isn't well to do.

Secondly, you studied your nature and found out you don't like someone sending you on errand? Whose nature likes going on errand? You are simply a quiet proud person. A rule in life, stoop to conquer!

If you leave or lose that job, you will suffer!

Plan your life with that job, if you have to stop the 5k you give your mom for now so you can save.. explain to her.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job by JustCryptos: 1:20pm On Dec 24, 2021
Idowu116:
Hello Everyone,.

Op, you are still a very young man and have a lot to learn. About you hating errands, nobody likes being sent on errands. You need to work on your disposition. If you leave that job, don't expect anyone to pity you and give you a penny. You are already at a disadvantage.

For your info, I did boy boy as a graduate to learn how to sell gas. I was already married then, had a car, and with a child on the way. However, this didn't stop me from humbling myself to learn.

So hide your ego and learn/grow.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit My Job by ggoldmine(f): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
You mentioned that you're an undergraduate. Which university are you currently in and what's your course of study? If you're not in school yet, what's your career ambition?

Idowu116:

Please what should I do

Re: Should I Quit My Job by shegun4sur: 2:57pm On Feb 07, 2022
anthonyuncle:
people talk anyhow to even the president of your country.

you that don't have anything yet is complaining.

you need to calm down.

if you are humble and meek, you will be getting enough tips through errands that you go for people.
i know a lot of cleaners that don't touch their salaries.

you can only leave that job if you get a better one.

you should be calming down

Some people are heartless, they see errands as the cleaner's obligation and will never tip anyone no matter how humble the cleaner is. And if he refuses they will say he's rude just like you are saying he's not calming down, even though they cannot force him, they will give him a hard time in the workplace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

High Paying Contract Job Or State Civil Service: Which Should I Choose? / HR Said I'm Successful In All The Interviews But No Offer Yet. / Interswitch Group Graduate & Exp. Job Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.